The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Picking Joyce to escape from the last chance saloon..

+3
Inventing Johnson Klute
Derek Smalls
TRUSSMAN66
7 posters

Go down

Picking Joyce to escape from the last chance saloon.. Empty Picking Joyce to escape from the last chance saloon..

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Sep 2023, 11:49 am

JOYCE v ZHANG 2

Joyce fought the first fight all wrong......Stayed in range and let a guy with no tank unload when he'd have been dead on his feet after 7....

But the good news is..

1. Zhang won on a closed eye.....Which suggests Joyce can take his shot...
2. Zhang won easily enough to think its a comfortable win....
3. Joyce will surely be told to work the body and muck around till this guy gets tired which he will..
4. Joyce has nowhere to go if he loses.....I expect he will be super motivated.....

Going against the grain Joyce Tko 9.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Picking Joyce to escape from the last chance saloon.. Empty Re: Picking Joyce to escape from the last chance saloon..

Post by Derek Smalls Tue 19 Sep 2023, 4:37 pm

As an admirer of his I was very, very disappointed in Joyce’s performance. He didn’t appear to have any “plan B”, merely relying on his own sense of invincibility, which is down to his durability and punch resistance.

Unfortunately I can’t see him being able to bolt on the necessary skills. Will he use the ring smartly, circling away from the overhands? Will he have the speed to avoid Zhang’s offensive?

For sure we will see a heavier Juggernaut and it could well be that he knocks a few lumps out of Zhang, but unless age catches up with him I see him being a bit too cute for Joyce.Shame really, but as both fighters are in the latter half of the worlds top ten heavies, the future doesn’t look too good for the loser as a challenger for the championship.
Derek Smalls
Derek Smalls

Back to top Go down

Picking Joyce to escape from the last chance saloon.. Empty Re: Picking Joyce to escape from the last chance saloon..

Post by Inventing Johnson Klute Sat 23 Sep 2023, 11:07 pm

Joyce was a shambles, don’t understand why he came 25lb overweight. On that performance Joyce should give it up. Just heard commentators try and say that a short right from a southpaw would KO anyone. No, it Frak wouldn’t. It landed well but in truth, Joyce was a shambles.

Inventing Johnson Klute

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Smalls Sat 23 Sep 2023, 11:13 pm

Just goes to show, most of the time a guy’s been beat, he gets taken out sooner in the rematch.
Joyce used his face as his defence for too long. As I said above ,what’s the point in him continuing his career…..?
Strange to say, a forty year old is the one with the future. Not sure where he’s been all this time myself, but Zheng’s the real deal and he dismantled Joyce in every department.
Derek Smalls
Derek Smalls

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 24 Sep 2023, 2:21 am

Got another one wrong there big man.

I know southpaw heavyweights are as rare as noble gases, but its crazy how every British heavyweight fighter seems to eat the straight left as a matter of course. Even Fury got cut up by Wallin's left hand. Can only be explained by a lack of Southpaws, rather than technique, cause none of these guys even fight the same

kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Sep 2023, 10:33 am

Is anyone really surprised? Joe Joyce nice guy and all, but this kind of beating was expected when he was fed to Dubois - Dubois just wasn’t a good as the hype suggested.

Zhang, decent fighter, and probably the more powerful fighter Joyce fought. He was able to blast Joyce.

Joyce vs Dubois II probably logical.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 24 Sep 2023, 10:40 am

Joyce was dreadful. Who advised him that packing on more weight after the first fight was the right move?

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 24 Sep 2023, 11:29 am

Watching Joyce is like watching somebody in slow motion....it's really painful. The hardly any movement and his hand speed is non-existent. Fair play to him for getting as far as he has on his durability.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 28 Sep 2023, 9:09 am

Joyce was poor, but at the same time I don't think he's finished despite what some people are saying, he clearly doesn't struggle as much against right handed opponents, maybe he isn't an elite level fighter but people like Tony Bellew saying he's not even British level is just wrong IMO.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down