The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 11 Press Conference

+3
Marky
Afro
Trebs
7 posters

Go down

Week 11 Press Conference Empty Week 11 Press Conference

Post by Trebs Tue 09 Jan 2018, 1:06 pm

1. Did you have a good Christmas/New Year?

2. Of your current squad, how many would you accept lawyers offers on?

3. What are your thoughts on having a Winter Break? (In real football, not in-league!)

4. Combining all the teams, what would make the best line-up/squad in the league? And could it compete with Man City in the Premier League?

5. What is your favourite 'mini-game' in the league? Mafia, Sheep, Lemmings, The Azzrentice or something else?

6. Will there be any other major transfers this January following the Coutinho and Van Dijk deals?

7. Which character from Star Wars would each manager in the league be?

8. Doughnuts or Cookies?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Week 11 Press Conference Empty Re: Week 11 Press Conference

Post by Afro Tue 09 Jan 2018, 1:27 pm

1. Good Christmas, but lots of entertaining and I was knackered by the end. Had 3 days to ourselves before going back to work.

2. About 4 at the moment. That could go up if the French Tm value increase doesn't happen or go as I hope.

3. I think it would help our national side as they would rest, but it would only work if we reduced the number of teams in the PL. Otherwise, we would be squeezing all those games into a shorter space and it would be counter productive.

Buffon
Hysaj---Koulibaly---Silva---Alba
SMS---Casemiro
Lemar--------------------Silva
Werner----Belotti

And no, it wouldn't stand a chance against City

5. I like Mafia, but requires having to pay attention for longer than I am capable. Sheep or Lemmings are nice and quick and simple

6. Sanchez will move to City sooner rather than later. I can't see any of the other top 6 spending big, expect for possibly Lemar moving.

7. We'd all be stormtroopers doing illogical things behind the mask (of the internet)

8. Krispy Kreme doughnuts every time.

Last edited by Afro on Tue 09 Jan 2018, 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Taken my own players out of the best XI to avoid bias!)
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 09 Jan 2018, 1:40 pm

Decent enough. Kids loved it. I worked half of it. Learned from it by booking next Christmas - New Year off work.

Two or three, the rest I'd be losing out on due to their value increase.

3. What are your thoughts on having a Winter Break? (In real football, not in-league!)
I think a Winter break in the UK would be a bad thing, I think the number of fixutres over Christmas and New Year should be reduced, but only to prevent teams playing 3 games in 5/6 days, should still have Boxing Day games and New Years Day games, with the odd game moved for TV.

4. Combining all the teams, what would make the best line-up/squad in the league? And could it compete with Man City in the Premier League?
So a combined League XI, not including Man City players? Probably;
Buffon
Azpilicueta - Laporte - Koulibaly - Alba
Casemiro - Iniesta
O.Dembele ----- Asensio ----- Reus
Werner

It would definitely compete.

5. What is your favourite 'mini-game' in the league? Mafia, Sheep, Lemmings, The Azzrentice or something else?
Not a big fan of any of them, but probably the Apprentice.

6. Will there be any other major transfers this January following the Coutinho and Van Dijk deals?
Apart from Griezmann to Man U (that will definitely, definitely happen)? None I can think of. Maybe one of the PSG cast offs (Lucas, Draxler, Pastore) getting a move to the PL.

I'm yet to watch the new ones. But Afro is Han Solo. Olly is young Luke. Nando is Chewbacca.

8. Doughnuts or Cookies?
Doughnuts for me. Doughy goodness.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 09 Jan 2018, 1:54 pm

Trebs wrote:1. Did you have a good Christmas/New Year? Yeah it's always entertaining

2. Of your current squad, how many would you accept lawyers offers on? All that have been downgraded or stayed the same

3. What are your thoughts on having a Winter Break? (In real football, not in-league!) All it does is move the influx of games from the winter to end of season really so no point. Just scrap the Carabao cup and FA Cup Replays

---------------------Buffon
Valencia --- Koulibaly --- Silva --- Alba
----------Fabinho --- Gundogan
Lozano -----Jesus -------Son
-------------Belotti

5. What is your favourite 'mini-game' in the league? Mafia, Sheep, Lemmings, The Azzrentice or something else? Mafia > Everything although it's been too long without an Azzrentice.

6. Will there be any other major transfers this January following the Coutinho and Van Dijk deals? Alexis to Citeh, Malcom to Arsenal

7. Which character from Star Wars would each manager in the league be? I know Frak all about Star Wars except some nonce called Kylo ren so everyone is him in the same as everyone is Marky

8. Doughnuts or Cookies?
Custard Doughnuts > every kind of cookied

Last edited by Fernando on Tue 09 Jan 2018, 1:58 pm; edited 2 times in total

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 09 Jan 2018, 1:58 pm

Taken my own players out of my best XI to remove any bias
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 09 Jan 2018, 2:10 pm

Yeah it was good. Over far too quickly.

1 definite and possibly 1 more depending on Jan moves

If England ever want to win the world cup then it has to happen

442 I would have on current form and standing.....

Buffon
Azpilicueta
Laporte
Silva
Alba
Lemar
SMS
Casemiro
Son
Jesus
Belloti

Nope, it can't compete with Citeh. More talented individuals rather than a team

Lemmings all the way

I really hope so. It will shake up the league a bit for those players not rated as highly by some. They need moves to change opinion.

Just this second watched Star Trek 2: Wrath of Khan so that's my answer to that one.

8. Doughnuts or Cookies?

Cookies.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue 09 Jan 2018, 2:20 pm

I nearly said Black Mirror instead of Star Wars for the question...

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 09 Jan 2018, 2:42 pm

1. Yeah a good one, just the four of us, I cooked, kids were happy with what they got, didn't go back into work until yesterday, can't complain at all really.

2. One and that's it, everyone else is now massively under their new TM value.

3. Personally I'd move all leagues to a February to November set up including grassroots, it's so detrimental to kids development to have them playing on boggy pitches oofing the ball about in January. So what if it has a negative impact on rugby and cricket, they're sh*t sports anyway.

-------Buffon-------
Azpi--Koulibaly--Laporte--Alba
--Casemiro--Silva
Lozano---Fekir---Lemar
-------Jesus--------

Surprises me the number of people giving Belotti the nod especially when also mentioning current form.

5. Lemmings, think there's a bit more to it than Sheep

6. I expect most of the big clubs to bring in at least 1 semi decent player.

7. Afro - Obi Wan, Marky - Han Solo, Nando - Jabba, Olly - Jar Jar Binks, Me - Chancellor Palpatine, Tino - Chewbacca, Miky - Luke Skywalker, Trebs - C3PO, Bambam - Princess Leia.

8. Krispy Kremes ftw.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 09 Jan 2018, 3:33 pm

Surprises me the number of people giving Belotti the nod especially when also mentioning current form.

He's still quality despite the lack of goals. I think it is a reflection on him carrying a niggle for so long, and also Torino's general struggles.

On pure ability, he's not out of place in the company of Jesus and Werner
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Wed 10 Jan 2018, 1:45 pm

Ignore.

Last edited by Trebs on Wed 10 Jan 2018, 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Wed 10 Jan 2018, 1:45 pm

Was good yes - thanks for asking. Went away with friends for New Year to the Peak District for an enjoyable trip.

Four definitely, a further two maybe.

I think it's tradition to have the festive games, so I would be against that. Whether there's a break somewehre in January, I don't know. Having said that, most of the Premier League teams are away on warm weather camps at the moment, and I get the idea that a winter break would cause some marquee friendlies.

4. Combining all the teams, what would make the best line-up/squad in the league? And could it compete with Man City for the Premier League?

Took a fair bit of thinking on this one, but I reckon this would be the best possible team. I've not put in any City players as well as my own - but I think this team could compete with anyone.

-----------------------Subasic-----------------------
-------Azpilicueta----Koulibaly----Vertonghen--------
Alves------------------------------------------Alonso
-----------Tolisso------Savic-------Weigl------------
-----------------------------------------------------
---------------Belotti-------Mertens-----------------

The Azzrentice and Mafia were both good fun, both have fallen by the wayside a bit though unfortunately. I guess that's partially coincided with Azzy no longer being with us. Sheep can be a good bit of light Friday entertainment.

I think Jonny Evans will move for a big fee right at the death. Don't think we'll see Griezmann, Alexis Sanchez and others moving.

Tino - Kylo Ren
Marky - Han Solo
Bam - Lando
Hero - Emporer Palpatine
Twist - DJ
Afro - Supreme Leader Snoke
Nando - General Hux
Me - Unkarr Plutt
Olly - Finn
Miky - Anakin (Episode I for now, but I sense is morphing towards Episode II)

8. Doughnuts or Cookies?

Doughnuts. But I prefer fresh doughnuts from a stall than the overpriced Krispy Kremes.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 10 Jan 2018, 1:51 pm

Yes, a lot of food and booze which I'm currently paying for on my January diet

Still a fair few that I would accept, its only the massive rises that I would hold on for

For club football alone, I think its fine as it is, but if considering the national team I would put one in January

Buffon
Azpi Umtiti Koulibaly Alba
SMS Casemiro
Dembele Asensio Lemar
Jesus

I've never played Mafia or the Azzrentice but would give them a go. Prefer Lemmings to sheep

Sanchez looks guaranteed

Not a Star Wars fan

8. Doughnuts or Cookies?

Cookies

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down