The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Tune up and a half!!!

+6
WelshDevilRob
Perfessor Albertus Lion V
Daz
captain carrantuohil
eddyfightfan
azumah HOF
10 posters

Go down

A Tune up and a half!!! Empty A Tune up and a half!!!

Post by azumah HOF Fri 10 Jun - 11:11

like him or hate him one has to give mayweather some real props here! And those who have called him a coward must surely retract their nonsense!

Lets be clear you do not come off a 12 month lay off and waltz into a fight against the supposed best in the world PAC, who is still at the top of his game. I hope we can all agree on that! If PAC was coming off a similar lay off him and Roach would want at least one fight before going up against an active Mayweather.

Now we have agreed on that...... you choose Ortiz!!!!

ok a bit too rudimenatry for my liking.... but strong as hell, very fit, brave, young, aggresive, quick enough and hungry! That is a one hell of a dangerous tune up. At least the Floyd doubters should be licking their lips and asking one simple question..... An aged Mosley caught Floyd napping twice but couldnt seal the show, what price on a young Ortiz capitalising if he gets the same slopiness from Floyd!

Game on!!!

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

A Tune up and a half!!! Empty Re: A Tune up and a half!!!

Post by eddyfightfan Fri 10 Jun - 11:16

a good fight but pointless unless its only a warm up fight for pac man. should be quite an easy win for floyd, his style is taylor made for him.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Fri 10 Jun - 11:26

Sort of agree with what you're saying, zoomy, but would also add that Floyd is no fool. Young, strong and hungry Ortiz may be, but as we were discussing yesterday on another thread, very few could possibly imagine that he has the requisite class or style to inconvenience Mayweather. Floyd himself knows this better than anyone, of course.

People who are stupid enough to call Mayweather a coward deserve all the scorn that they receive. Having said that, I honestly can't see this opponent as much of a threat. That goes for most of the welterweight and light-middleweight division too, I should add, but I can't be swayed by any possible hype about this contest. Ortiz brings nothing to the table which should disturb even a thoroughly ring-rusty Mayweather, and all this, one assumes, is merely preparation for the day of judgement, whenever that may be.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Fri 10 Jun - 11:31

Great fight this one - and I cant wait for it. Clever matchmaking by Floyd - which will only serve to make MP's picks of late look poor.

Master stroke - unless he gets knocked out!! Can't see it happening personally.

Ortiz's heart has been in question before - and if anyone is gona test it - its Mayweather.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Fri 10 Jun - 11:33

Also - i must add - although I rate Ortiz - i think he may be getting a little overrated from the Berto fight by a few people. Let's not forget he quit against Maidana and looked poor against Peterson. 1 good fight with Berto (and it was a cracker) - all of a sudden he becomes a Floyd beater in some peoples eyes.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Perfessor Albertus Lion V Fri 10 Jun - 17:54

azumah HOF wrote:
Lets be clear you do not come off a 12 month lay off and waltz into a fight against the supposed best in the world PAC, who is still at the top of his game. I hope we can all agree on that! If PAC was coming off a similar lay off him and Roach would want at least one fight before going up against an active Mayweather.

~ Why, sir, we have heard all this nonsense from Mr. Moneybags before.

That is to say that he often backs out of scheduled big money bouts that his minders jumped through hoops to deliver to him.

Said he wasn't going to fight for slave wages, but he'll fight for peanuts against a guy most in boxing were savaging as a gutless quitter only last year?

Really sir, not to worry kind sir. Mr. Joe Cortez will serve and protect Mr. Moneybags from any of his folly if perchance he does make it to the scratch line this time. I do believe he still has a gauntlet in the Nevada penal system to run first, but money has been known to grease the wheels of justice before, so we shall just have to wait and see, the perfect setting for Mr. Moneybags to guild his lily

https://www.606v2.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jun - 17:58

God, you really hate Floyd Mayweather don't you ,Perfessor Albert Lion?

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Fri 10 Jun - 19:46

This is a fight that you have to be cautious about.

Is it another fight - make money then disappear for over a year. Leaving us reading tired Manny vs Floyd forum debates?

Freddie Roach seems to think that Floyd is using this fight to prepare for Manny and I'm going with that line of thought.

Ortiz a southpaw thats fresh, busy and has power. Nothing like the old Mosley. I think Ortiz has a great chance in this fight.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri 10 Jun - 20:04

like him or hate him one has to give mayweather some real props here! And those who have called him a coward must surely retract their nonsense!
Never really called him a coward, think he's definitely 100% a ducker, but i agree fair play for fighting a young hungry lion, who imo is all wrong for him

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Fri 10 Jun - 21:33

Victor Ortiz is the best available opponent for Floyd Mayweather. Floyd Mayweather doesn't duck or dodge anyone, Floyd only fights the best fighters out there. Victor Ortiz is a young solid champion who is coming off a career best win over Berto.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri 10 Jun - 22:10

come on Ortiz!

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 10 Jun - 22:20

Have to agree that while this is a good choice of tune up fight for Mayweather, that is all it is - a tune up. Ortz will likely give a good account of himself, but this theory that he's all of a sudden the toughest fight for Mayweather to take outside of Manny is a load of cobblers.

Don't blame Mayweather for that at all, mind you. He's entitled to a solid but unspectacular tune up appearance after yet another long break from the ring. Just think people need to get a bit more realistic about Ortiz's abilities. He's been good value for money at times, and a the total opposite at others. He's coming off a genuinely excellent fight and a good win against Berto, but let's be frank - I, and I know a lot of others, haven't exactly been sold on Berto from the start. The fight which fell through against Mosley was merely a stay of execution for him, and the performance of Ortiz which proved good enough to beat Berto isn't going to be good enough to beat Mayweather in a million years.

As I said, this is a good choice for a tune up for Mayweather, but not the 'mega fight' or future 'fight of the year contender' which some are making it out to be. Mayweather will win at least nine rounds in all probability, considering that Ortiz has no plan B and, once he can't engage and dominante an opponent with aggression, tends to run badly out of ideas.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Sat 11 Jun - 6:39

Ortiz is better and more live than any of Pacquiao's opponents since Cotto though; no-one can really argue otherwise.

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sat 11 Jun - 8:10

samevans1 wrote:Ortiz is better and more live than any of Pacquiao's opponents since Cotto though; no-one can really argue otherwise.

Ortiz would beat Miguel Cotto though so you have to say Ortiz is better than leftovers opponents since Hatton.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Sat 11 Jun - 9:03

I'm not sure Ortiz would beat Cotto; but hi stock is certainly higher at the moment.

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 11 Jun - 9:31

Ortiz would beat Miguel Cotto though so you have to say Ortiz is better than leftovers opponents since Hatton.
MMMMMM, Hatton leftover? hadn't he just schooled Malignaggi and become the first to stop him, in so demonstrating he had good boxing skills, mmmm thought so. Also, how can we take seriously any claims Ortiz would beat Cotto, when you said that Cotto was overrated, mmmm, isn't this a 4 time 3 weight world champ? who destroyed Judah, destroyed Quintana, beat Malignaggi, Foreman, schooled Mosley, Clottey. Was also the best at 140, the best at 147, and now probably the best at 154. Very Happy

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sat 11 Jun - 9:46

Young_Towzer wrote:Ortiz would beat Miguel Cotto though so you have to say Ortiz is better than leftovers opponents since Hatton.
MMMMMM, Hatton leftover? hadn't he just schooled Malignaggi and become the first to stop him, in so demonstrating he had good boxing skills, mmmm thought so. Also, how can we take seriously any claims Ortiz would beat Cotto, when you said that Cotto was overrated, mmmm, isn't this a 4 time 3 weight world champ? who destroyed Judah, destroyed Quintana, beat Malignaggi, Foreman, schooled Mosley, Clottey. Was also the best at 140, the best at 147, and now probably the best at 154. Very Happy

I was refering leftovers as Pacquiao you misunderstood my comment, also Cotto has;

NEVER been the man at 140
NEVER been the man at 147
NEVER been the man at 154

Ducked Hatton and Floyd Mayweather at 140, nearly got beat at the weight by Paulie Malignaggi. Quit against Margarito and Pacquiao. Nearly quit against Clottey and Mosley. Went into survival mode against Mosley, Mosley threw the fight away more than Cotto won it. No doubt in my mind a prime Mosley smashes him to pieces. Ricky Hatton is a better fighter than him and would knock him out at 140 but Bob Arum helped him duck the challengers there and he knew Floyd Mayweather would expose Cotto so ducked Floyd Mayweather at 140 and 147.

Therefore, Cotto's status among some of his fans is unjustified. Moving up from 140 and 147 before winning a lineal title is already a bad sign and he still hasn't won one, yet Mayweather did in his 18th fight.

He got hurt by the mighty punching power of Malignaggi! No great fighter should have trouble with him, Khan and Hatton showed how it's done.

He stopped trying to win in the last 7 rounds against Pacquiao, for me he submitted after getting badly hurt, if he is such a warrior why not go out on his shield!

End of both Mosley and Clottey fights he went into survival mode...Luckily for him they wasn't 15 rounders otherwise I believe he would have quit like he did against Margarito.

He beat a rusty Judah coming off 2 losses and way over the hill Mayorga. Thought he got beat by Clottey to be honest. Should have been disqualified after resorting low blows against Judah after Cotto was hurt. Cotto has cherry picked wins at 140 and 154. Cotto is one of the most overrated fighters in the modern era.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 11 Jun - 10:20

I was refering leftovers as Pacquiao you misunderstood my comment, also Cotto has;

NEVER been the man at 140
NEVER been the man at 147
NEVER been the man at 154

Ducked Hatton and Floyd Mayweather at 140, nearly got beat at the weight by Paulie Malignaggi. Quit against Margarito and Pacquiao. Nearly quit against Clottey and Mosley. Went into survival mode against Mosley, Mosley threw the fight away more than Cotto won it. No doubt in my mind a prime Mosley smashes him to pieces. Ricky Hatton is a better fighter than him and would knock him out at 140 but Bob Arum helped him duck the challengers there and he knew Floyd Mayweather would expose Cotto so ducked Floyd Mayweather at 140 and 147.

Therefore, Cotto's status among some of his fans is unjustified. Moving up from 140 and 147 before winning a lineal title is already a bad sign and he still hasn't won one, yet Mayweather did in his 18th fight.

He got hurt by the mighty punching power of Malignaggi! No great fighter should have trouble with him, Khan and Hatton showed how it's done.

He stopped trying to win in the last 7 rounds against Pacquiao, for me he submitted after getting badly hurt, if he is such a warrior why not go out on his shield!

End of both Mosley and Clottey fights he went into survival mode...Luckily for him they wasn't 15 rounders otherwise I believe he would have quit like he did against Margarito.

He beat a rusty Judah coming off 2 losses and way over the hill Mayorga. Thought he got beat by Clottey to be honest. Should have been disqualified after resorting low blows against Judah after Cotto was hurt. Cotto has cherry picked wins at 140 and 154. Cotto is one of the most overrated fighters in the modern era.
I never, you were referring to the Pacquiao v Hatton fight, and i put Hatton destroyed Malignaggi, become first to stop him and showed boxing ability. Judah had just won a tune up well it got called a NC, he was never in the fight and was soundly battered, no, no, no honestly, he outboxed Mosley. Clottey was fighting without losing his IBF title in the ring and put up a quality fight, not being funny or out, but saying 'nearly quit' makes you sound a little daft, especially when you look at the cut that Cotto had, and he was the man who stepped on the gas in the last 3 rounds to win the fight. I don't take 90% of what you say seriously, but i want to see this were he's 'ducked' Hatton and Mayweather. A prime Cotto beats both, and why would he 'duck' Hatton or Mayweather but fight Pacquiao, Margarito and Mosley Yahoo ?.....Not being funny or out but Margarito is a lot more intimidating than them 2, as well is Pacquiao, and Pacquiao is obviously better than them both, both imo and many others, and OFFICIALLY!. However, as put above i don't take 90% of what you say seriously, you also said that Cotto 'ducked' Kosta Tszyu, when he retired after the Hatton fight Yahoo . Your bias towards Mayweather all points not to take you seriously imo, i like Pacquiao, Ortiz, etc but wouldn't agree with them if they were stood at a window with me and it was daylight and they told me it was night time. I'll leave you with a few though as you've said Cotto has ducked people.

Who's on offer: Margarito, Mosley of 2006
Who does he fight: Judah, a has been on the back of a schooling off Baldomir, don't laugh Yahoo

Who's on offer: Cotto, Margarito, Mosley
Who does he fight: Baldomir Yahoo

the word 'nuff sed' springs to mind.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sat 11 Jun - 10:37

No I wasn’t I said since the Hatton fight!!! If it was called a no contest then he didn’t win the fight I bet you looked at boxrec for that as well. Prior to facing Cotto, Judah lost to Baldomir and Mayweather…Cotto just faced the leftovers faded version and was hurt badly in the fight so resorted to low blows to save himself should have been disqualified against Judah. I felt Clottey beat him…Cotto was glad the fight was 12 rounds as no doubt he would have quit in 15 rounds, Cotto has stamina issues.

Saying a prime Cotto beats Floyd Mayweather makes you sound more than a little daft and I don’t take 100% anything you say seriously as do the majority of posters on here.

Cotto could have faced Tsyzu before Hatton did…He ducked all 3 at 140 Hatton, Mayweather and Tszyu. How can he be the best at 140 when he never faced the best there?

Pacquiao is never in a million years better than Floyd Mayweather…He avoids being drug tested, I wonder why?

Mosley rejected the Mayweather fight citing a toothache…Margarito is a bum and Baldomir was THE CHAMP at 147.

The word OWNED springs to mind.

Last edited by The genius of PBF on Sat 11 Jun - 10:43; edited 1 time in total

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sat 11 Jun - 10:41

Off to bed...nearly 3 in the morning here

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Sat 11 Jun - 11:08

Ortiz is better than any of Pacquiao's recent opponents in terms of both age and current standing in the sport.

I'm not biased either way as I like both fighters; but I'm not really sure how anyone can dispute this to be honest.

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 11 Jun - 12:52

No I wasn’t I said since the Hatton fight!!! If it was called a no contest then he didn’t win the fight I bet you looked at boxrec for that as well. Prior to facing Cotto, Judah lost to Baldomir and Mayweather…Cotto just faced the leftovers faded version and was hurt badly in the fight so resorted to low blows to save himself should have been disqualified against Judah. I felt Clottey beat him…Cotto was glad the fight was 12 rounds as no doubt he would have quit in 15 rounds, Cotto has stamina issues.

Saying a prime Cotto beats Floyd Mayweather makes you sound more than a little daft and I don’t take 100% anything you say seriously as do the majority of posters on here.

Cotto could have faced Tsyzu before Hatton did…He ducked all 3 at 140 Hatton, Mayweather and Tszyu. How can he be the best at 140 when he never faced the best there?

Pacquiao is never in a million years better than Floyd Mayweather…He avoids being drug tested, I wonder why?

Mosley rejected the Mayweather fight citing a toothache…Margarito is a bum and Baldomir was THE CHAMP at 147.

Pacquiao is rated the number 1 fighter in the world
the words 'facts' springs to mind

you don't fool me, your the most bias poster in the world and that has to be taken into consideration when you post about the likes of Cotto, who you have an obsession with, Mayweather has ducked Margarito, a bum haha what's Baldomir and Judah? bonafied bums. Your laughable, Cotto is very underrated, Mayweather has ducked Margarito, and the biggest payday at that time, then Cotto, he's a joke when it comes to fighting worthy opponents. The word aggressive comes to mind, about you. Hahahaha Yahoo

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 11 Jun - 12:54

Off to bed...nearly 1 in the afternoon here in Manchester

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Perfessor Albertus Lion V Sat 11 Jun - 16:59

andygf wrote:God, you really hate Floyd Mayweather don't you ,Perfessor Albert Lion?

~ Why sir, Mr. Moneybags is more fun than a barrel full of monkeys on Dumboids.

The only man alive who can do the Judah chicken dance with his mouth and the bonus is mo' to come, just you wait and see.

https://www.606v2.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sat 11 Jun - 18:44

Young_Towzer wrote:No I wasn’t I said since the Hatton fight!!! If it was called a no contest then he didn’t win the fight I bet you looked at boxrec for that as well. Prior to facing Cotto, Judah lost to Baldomir and Mayweather…Cotto just faced the leftovers faded version and was hurt badly in the fight so resorted to low blows to save himself should have been disqualified against Judah. I felt Clottey beat him…Cotto was glad the fight was 12 rounds as no doubt he would have quit in 15 rounds, Cotto has stamina issues.

Pacquiao is rated the number 1 fighter in the world
the words 'facts' springs to mind

you don't fool me, your the most bias poster in the world and that has to be taken into consideration when you post about the likes of Cotto, who you have an obsession with, Mayweather has ducked Margarito, a bum haha what's Baldomir and Judah? bonafied bums. Your laughable, Cotto is very underrated, Mayweather has ducked Margarito, and the biggest payday at that time, then Cotto, he's a joke when it comes to fighting worthy opponents. The word aggressive comes to mind, about you. Hahahaha Yahoo

Me agressive...thats why my posters on here call you the agressive one? Floyd Mayweather is widely regarded as the greatest of all time and Pacquiao is a fighter who fights guys coming off loses and bad form etc. If you want to talk about facts Baldomir and Judah were the CHAMP at 147, Margarito never was the welterweight champ and never has been!!! He is a bum, what's he ever done in his career apart from beat the overrated Cotto, He got beat by Santos ffs. Baldomir, Floyd Mayweather earned 12m dollars from that fight by fighting the CHAMP at 147 and these are facts...Arum offered Mayweather 8m dollars apparently to face Margarito but whats laughable you believe Arum one of the biggest liars in the sport. Pacquiao is the biggest joke when it comes to facing worthy opponents, you carry on deluding yourself Mayweather ducked Cotto and Margarito. You don't fool anyone you clearly don't know what you are talking about and your one of the worst posters in 606 history. Your obsessed with me as well as you keep trying to talk to me on here and following me about. If you continue to act in this way towards me then I will report you to the mods and admins. I will also be forced to use the foe function on you so please don't let it come to that.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 11 Jun - 19:23

Me agressive...thats why my posters on here call you the agressive one? Floyd Mayweather is widely regarded as the greatest of all time and Pacquiao is a fighter who fights guys coming off loses and bad form etc. If you want to talk about facts Baldomir and Judah were the CHAMP at 147, Margarito never was the welterweight champ and never has been!!! He is a bum, what's he ever done in his career apart from beat the overrated Cotto, He got beat by Santos ffs. Baldomir, Floyd Mayweather earned 12m dollars from that fight by fighting the CHAMP at 147 and these are facts...Arum offered Mayweather 8m dollars apparently to face Margarito but whats laughable you believe Arum one of the biggest liars in the sport. Pacquiao is the biggest joke when it comes to facing worthy opponents, you carry on deluding yourself Mayweather ducked Cotto and Margarito. You don't fool anyone you clearly don't know what you are talking about and your one of the worst posters in 606 history. Your obsessed with me as well as you keep trying to talk to me on here and following me about. If you continue to act in this way towards me then I will report you to the mods and admins. I will also be forced to use the foe function on you so please don't let it come to that.
I'm not bothered what many posters on here call me, you have had more bans than Roy Keane. If i cared what posters call me i wouldn't come on here, i say what i feel without being bias, that's good enough for me. Who calls Mayweather the best ever? you and only you alone (8).... Margarito was the welterweight champ, your lying again he was until Mosley beat him, honest these are facts. I believe Arum, erm i seen the video when Margarito's team went upto him at a press day and he agreed verbally to fight him, they shook hands and he said you'll get your shot then fought a bum in Baldomir. Now Margarito is only a 2 time world champ, destroyed Cintron (Twice), beat Clottey, Cotto. And, do me a favour don't try and scare me with your wum tactics, go ahead and report me, what you gonna report me for by saying i have replied to an article thats what a forum is, trying to talk to you? laughing i have never and would never pm, etc you. Foe me and do whatever necessary Very Happy . You are laughably bias, end of.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down