The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

+30
carpet baboon
formerly known as Sam
LondonTiger
Tattie Scones RRN
funnyExiledScot
SirBurger
Pot Hale
Brendan
NeilyBroon
TJ
Tramptastic
Mad for Chelsea
Anglobraveheart
demosthenes
IanBru
Oakdene
George Carlin
bsando
Eejit
Welly
Hazel Sapling
RugbyFan100
jimbopip
tigertattie
EST
EWT Spoons
TheMildlyFranticLlama
RDW
BigGee
34 posters

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 21 Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by BigGee Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:05 am

First topic message reminder :

Something is going on this year

Both Glasgow and Edinburgh are playing quite well!

Is it a dream, am I imagining it, am I going to wake up in a cold sweat and find out that we are really cr*p again?

Someone please reassure me!!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 21 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by Eejit Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:31 pm

Can we have the Pro14 back yet, watching Scotland two weekends on the trot is too depressing without a bonus point win for the once and future champions and rugby hilarity from the luvvies as they blow yet another winnable game.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter - Page 21 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 21st Century Banter

Post by EWT Spoons Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:54 am

Apparently Kinghorn needs an operation on his ankle, if true that'll be his season over

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:28 am

Maybe, maybe not

Hoggy was back from his in 6-7 weeks I think. He may just get back in May sometime

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:34 am

I was assuming Edinburgh won't make the playoffs or the Euro final, so he'll miss the rest of the regular season. Our last game is 27/04.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:13 pm

That's a blow for him. I had been about to post that on re-watching the game he was at fault for both Wales' tries, but if he was playing on one leg it would be churlish to be critical. Jeremy Guscott can do that.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:23 pm

he was possibly at fault for the 1st, but you could see he was in a lot of pain and could barely move for the 2nd.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:44 pm

EWT Spoons wrote:he was possibly at fault for the 1st, but you could see he was in a lot of pain and could barely move for the 2nd.

Seymour was the one out of position for the first try, then Kinghorn was utterly bewildered and then gassed as he "attempted" to fill the gap left by Seymour. Both should have done far far better.

The Scottish system is an odd one to follow (or maybe it’s the fact the players aren’t executing which makes it look odd). Conventional defences have a first main line of defence but then almost a sweeper behind the first line which is usually take up by the fullback or scrum half. The first try just looked like everyone was at sea as to who was supposed to be where and things just went wrong.

The second try though can't be blamed on Kinghorn at all as he was hopping on one foot trying to get across to make some form of tackle after Grigg was out of the picture and Horne missed the initial tackle on J Davies. Had we not already lost Seymour I think Blair would have been off as soon as he was hurt. Unfortunately it looks like he was asked to try "run it off" as there wasn’t anyone free to come and take over for him.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:05 pm

There are rumours around the Bhatti (also rumoured) move.

Apparently Glasgow offered him a contract, but he felt it was a lot less than others were getting and complained, suggesting that if he was an import he would have been offered more. He therefore rejected their offer.

This is taken from the Edinburgh forum with someone claiming it came from the Glasgow camp. Could be nothing in it.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:17 pm

Shame about Kinghorn. We don't have a ready made alternative at Edinburgh. I suspect Fife will get the nod but I'm not hugely convinced by him at 15. We could play VDW at 15 with Hickey at 10, but Hickey seems to have done something wrong as far as the Edinburgh coaches are concerned. Tom Brown is another option, but he won't set the heather on fire.

All in all, a bit of a blow!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:20 pm

Any news on Darcy Graham? Hopefully he'll be fit for Twickenham so that he can skip past Cokanasiga at will.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:44 pm

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21