The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 3 Press Conference

+9
Renege
Fluxy
BamBam
Afro
TwisT
Marky
Take a boo
Azzy
Dolphin Ziggler
13 posters

Go down

Week 3 Press Conference Empty Week 3 Press Conference

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 13 Nov 2018, 9:18 am

1. What is your reaction to your team's result in Week 2?
2. How did your new signings perform?
3. What is your assessment of your start to the season?
4. Which team gave the best performance of the last round of games?
5. The league has seen a lot of goals, do you think this will continue or is it early defensive coaching issues?
6. Looking ahead to Week 3, what do you think your team needs for success against your opponent?
7. If you could have any recent signing (from last week) in your own side, who would you choose?
8. What is your overall impression of performances in the league so far?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Week 3 Press Conference Empty Re: Week 3 Press Conference

Post by Azzy Tue 13 Nov 2018, 9:33 am

I'm more pleased with dealing that twelve-fingered freak his first FIFA defeat in months than I am in winning my first ever fake online managerial FIFA simulation game. It shows other managers in this league that Azzy is still a name to be respected and FEARED.

Scott Flinders in goal made a couple of nice saves, while Takehiro Tomiyasu was a rock at the back. Sadly, Jeremy Bokila came off injured early in the game but his replacement, non-striker Franck Nouble, scored our fourth to send me into stitches on the floor.

I have no idea how this FIFA game works, nor whether my tactical changes made any difference. I'm here for the ride and any wins I pick up are entirely co-incidental.

There can be only one. COLCHESTER Week 3 Press Conference 3559488474

5. The league has seen a lot of goals, do you think this will continue or is it early defensive coaching issues?
I think it's the poor standard of players in the league, up against newly-signed pace abuser strikers. Name me a League Two fullback who could cope with Luc Castaignos running at him.

6. Looking ahead to Week 3, what do you think your team needs for success against your opponent?
We're up against Forest Green and stranger danger Take a boo...I would think simply turning up would do it.

7. If you could have any recent signing (from last week) in your own side, who would you choose?
And tinker with the team that beat v2's very own Sir Alex Ferguson Jr Jr? No thanks. Though if I could have one as a substitute, I'd take Gustavo Cascardo. I wanted him but Trebs was there with his fat fingers at 9am sharp Laugh

Again, I have no idea who is a good manager or who is a turd these days. Obviously apart from the GangBangBrothers at Exeter, as it takes three people to run that club and they still can't crack the top 3.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Take a boo Tue 13 Nov 2018, 9:37 am

Couldn't really ask for much more, despite getting off to a winning start in week 1 I wasn't overly impressed with the performance so opted to change tactics and formation. With a 5-1 win as the result I'm pleased with how things panned out.

After a not doing much in the opener Turpitz exploded into action with a hat-trick. Also felt his strike partner Iriome was fantastic with a couple of goals on his debut. All in all they're performing well and really beginning to click.

Wasn't really expecting much from the first few games whilst we adjust to the game play and try to work out what formations and tactics would be successful. Taking maximum points from the opening two games is therefore a nice surprise!

I think we started the game week with a bang but I have to take my hat off to Colchester for dismantling the league favourites, should be a cracking game when we face off this week.

I think most teams have targeted firepower in the early transfers, I imagine games will tighten up as everyone turns their attention to shoring up their defences however in truth I'm enjoying the goals so hope it doesn't change.

Both teams will be high on confidence after their recent results, I think the first goal will be important as it will allow the respective team to settle whilst the CPU will invariably change formation to try and get back in the game. Losing our top scorer to injury will undoubtedly be a big miss.

Not sure when he was brought into the league however Aliendro is a player I recently scouted and therefore took note when he scored this week. Think he would of been a nice addition.

Given that there is still a vast amount of league 2 players in everyone's starting XI's I've been surprised by the quality and in particular some of the bangers that have been scored!

Take a boo

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 13 Nov 2018, 9:43 am

The result was poor, but the performance was good, it is what is it. A draw when I should have won, but could have lost, is bearable.

Pretty well, I felt Eastman in defence played well and Rivera at DM also had a good game, happy with my attacking options at present.

Better than expected with last season being rock bottom, and this season having a win and a draw so far. Tough game against Morecambe this week, it will be a good barometer for how I'm doing.

Can't say I watched all of last week's games, but Exeter's 3-0 win away at a title contender in Lincoln is of note, as is FGR winning 5-1 away from home. Big away wins the in thing, it seems.

I think it's partly down to teams needing to find the right balance tactically, but also because on the whole people have brought in more attackers near the 70 rating limit than they have defenders, once there are better defenders and goalkeepers in the league I think the goals will, not necessarily dry up, but there will be a few less.

Luck based on Week 2! If I keep playing the same way, creating chances like in the first two weeks, then I should get success. Injuries haven't hindered me too much, with enough squad depth to cover for the loss of Exposito.

Diego Lainz, although I wouldn't have been able to afford him anyway!

Entertaining. The only fear with a league like this is that we'd end up with a load of dull 0-0 draws, which hasn't been the case at all.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 13 Nov 2018, 9:46 am

I haven't seen the game yet, only that the result was 1-1. It is more like a TwisT type game by the looks of it - bossed midfield and could have won it at the end.

Again I haven't seen the game. Knowing my luck they performed brilliantly but this weeks injuries have put paid to that.

Not bad. i have brought in who I wanted and got rid of the deadwood. It is a slowly slowly approach

I didn't have chance to watch any of the other games. Though I heard Olly was defeated so whoever got the win there

I think it is the case of the tactics being more open in Fifa19. I think the standard of attacking draft picks have been high but not many people have concentrated on defence.

Based upon the injuries I got this week, I need a minor miracle as my midfield has been ripped apart. Looks like it is going to be 5-3-2 and hope for the best!

Glenn Middleton looks a decent buy

Very good fun as I expected. Having more times has just taken it up another level

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 13 Nov 2018, 9:50 am

Again pleased. Always hard to predict what Nando is going to turn up. But I'm setting the team out to score goals and that is what is happening, so no complaints so far.

Two assists from Campos and two from Emnes. The middle of the park looked a little more solid with Leyes in there too, so again I'm happy. Jury is still out on Peralta, but we shall see this week how he goes and make a decision after that.

Two games, two wins. 8 goals. So have to be pleased with that. We could be a bit more solid defensively, having conceded 4 goals in 2 games, but if that is a consequence of winning high scoring games, then I'll live with it!

Has to be Colchester. MK Dons have it on a plate for them to walk away with the league, but they were never in the game. Colchester completely outplayed them.

I think it will settle down. There has been a lot of focus on forward players, and the league two defending has shown, but as people strengthen their defensive players and defensive tactics, it will settle down. Week 2 has already seen a big reduction in goals from week 1.

I think they need to keep doing the same. Injuries have hit two key players this week, so it will be a real test of some of our squad players. I'm not expecting to keep a clean sheet against Marky, so its going to be about scoring more again.

Had Glenn Middleton on my list, and also Al Shamrani. Would have taken both of those guys happily.

Goals scoring for fun, and not tap ins either. FIFA need to look no further than our league for Goal of the Year next season. I have also noticed a lot more goals being scored from crosses, which didn't really happen as much in the old league
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 13 Nov 2018, 11:24 am

I got rogered by the GangBangBrothers™️ - absolute shambles and I think the tactic I was playing to make use of Akinde is firmly out of the window now, and need a rethink about the approach this week for a game against a side with a similar start to the season

Only signed Toyokawa ahead of last week's game, he was toilet but so was the rest of my team. I'll give him another go this week but have a potential lawyer offer if he doesn't look up to scratch

Absolute bollox - should have been strong enough with my starting squad to beat Macc, and week 2 speaks for itself. There will be big changes coming tactically and in personnel soon

Watching the 6 fingered sister botherer get his comeuppance was glorious. Other than that, the GangBangBrothers™️ scored two absolute screamers against me Laugh

I think it will tighten up, I'm definitely looking for a more solid set up going forwards, 1 DM and everyone else bombing on clearly wasn't working going forward so might as well tighten it up Laugh

I've not watched any of Mansfield's games, but they have signed some good players. I'm going to focus on getting my tactics right and not worr so much about what ROF will do.

Lainez is an obvious one, but Suazo was on my list before Olly the nonce picked him up. Glad to see people fuming about Middleton though Laugh

Its great, I enjoyed FIFA 18 massively, and at the start of this leage, its good to see that it isn't just going to be a MK Dons / Lincoln procession to the title .... Whistle

I'd hope no team falls too far behind, and we see a massive mix of results all season long

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Tue 13 Nov 2018, 11:30 am

I thought it was a marked improvement on the previous week. A little bit perturbed by the comments in which people thought we were lucky. There were several opportunities in the first in which we could have extended the lead, so actually believed Crawley were lucky to escape with a point. 

Not been so impressed with Vaca and Mahlambi just yet, but it is early doors. Spence has only had one game, but looked strong. Fruchtl has been impressive and hopefully, he will develop nicely for us during the season. 

Hard to say really after only two games. I believe we will finish well come the end of the season, but we don't know where each opponent is yet, so it's hard to gauge. 

Ours?  Laugh Probably Colchester with them upsetting MK Dons. 

You will see quite a few goals. I only think this will change when either teams invest heavily into their defences, or someone setups a very defensive minded team. 

We will look to keep it similar to last week, and only tweak with some injuries coming back in. Fortunately our injuries this week doesn't rule out any front-line players, so hopefully, we can do well on game day. 

Cascardo looks handy, wouldn't mind having him in the squad. Also was seriously looking at Middleton before Bam got his dirty mitts on him. Need to up the ante on the scouting it seems!

Early doors, but really anyone has a chance of getting up that league. I don't think that anyone has got their set up spot on yet, which would be the telling when that happens.
Otherwise it has been exciting with the heavy score lines. 

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Renege Tue 13 Nov 2018, 12:04 pm

A wins a win and we needed that more than most after our week one rogering. 

Hudson Odoi getting on the scoresheet is pleasing see the extravagant money we threw at him. Also pleasing that our dm came in and helped us to a clean sheet.

Still not sure on the tactics front, and we were lucky to get the win against nadz so definitely a lot of room for improvement.

Mk dons losing 4-1 is a big upset and a lot of people seem to be enjoying that one.

Hopefully it continues, preferably for us rather than against us. Happy with a clean sheet in the last game, with another improvement at cb I’m hopeful we won’t be on the end of another pasting.

More than one shot on target would be a good start. Injuries have been kind so that’s a good start. Lincoln have had a similar start to the season, so should be a good game.

What’s all this fuss about Glen Middleton??? He was the only Rangers player on my list and Bam has only gone and stole him tomato He was absolutely fantastic at the weekend against Motherwell so he’s definitely one whose rating and value will shoot up by looks of it. We’re glad he’s injured this week and hopefully get our own back with a result.

It’s a brilliant setup and cheers to the lads putting the effort in, really enjoyed it so far even if my own games haven’t gone swimmingly!

Renege

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue 13 Nov 2018, 1:38 pm

Delighted. I thought our performance waas really good.

I'm carefully embedding my new signings, rather than just throwing them into the side. My new signings have made an impact where required, but I'd prefer to have them train with our players and get that understanding with the squad first.

A win and a draw is a good start I suppose. It could have been two wins, but we are definitely building something here.

Discounting our own, Colchester probably got the shock of the round.

Managers have bought attacking players and not thought enough about their defense, so yes there are some issues. Looking at ourselves, we have the best defense in the league, conceding the fewest goals. I've thought carefully about my signings and made sure that it's for the good of the whole side.

To play as well as we did in the previous game.

I was planning on signing Glenn Middleton this week, but obviously that didn't happen. So he's probably the one.

Not really sure where to go with this question - it's only early days at the moment so hard to judge who will fall away and who will succeed. After week six or something the table will take shape and we can see who the true contenders are.
As an additional comment - Can we have a bit more fun in the questions? For this week and last they've been dull as dishwater - I'd like to see some more people boarding the banter bus.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 13 Nov 2018, 2:05 pm

Feel free to write next week's press conference Qs

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Tue 13 Nov 2018, 3:53 pm

Very disappointed. We dominated the match but all that hard work was for nuffing as we lost the game.

Lainez was like a ghost the whole match, hopefully he plays better this week. Bastia did a decent job at CB.

1 point from 2 games so not good. Need to get that first win on the board.

Colchester did the whole world a favour and taught MK Dons a lesson in respekt.

Think it depends on which areas people are improving their squad first. If people are buying defenders than that should theoretically mean they concede less goals.

The 3 I's are needed to get a result against such a formidable opponent. Intensity, Intelligence and Integrity

Did a Poopie ton of scouting and found Cascardo only for trebs to get him first a couple of hours earlier.

As Sun Tzu once famously said "The start is a learning curve for everyone. You will struggle. You will feel like giving up. DO NOT GIVE UP! You must overcome adversity and rise above the inner turmoil and reach the top of the mountain"
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 13 Nov 2018, 10:53 pm

I've not lost a game yet, but on the flip side I've also not won one! 2 games, 2 draws and was hanging on come the end of the game. 2 shots all game was a poor show and this needs to improve.

Both had good games, Arthur performed fairly well at the back and made a couple of crucial clearances, Abe though looked my only real threat going forward down the left flank and got a deserved goal.

As good as I could hope tbh, worst team on paper, least amount of cash able to generate and I'm buying players for the long term rather than for immediate effect. We're building a club for the future.

Toss up between Azzy and Trebs this week, give it to Trebs just as they were some quality goals.

I think it's already showing teams are wising up and there's been a downward curve on goals per game since the first week.

Need my forward options to click into gear, hopefully this week's signing/s will have an impact on this as I need a better focal point.

There's been several in the past week off my scouting lists that have been swiped, mainly by Bam!
Durkin & Gakpo today and Middleton last week, Dolph nabbed Jibril as well that was one I was eyeing up. Of them Durkin was the one I probably was most narked off about as was going to buy him this week.

Really good, definite different styles, some going for the here and now impact players, some playing it long game. Nice to see the 3 JA players getting involved and several blasts from the past coming back to take part.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 13 Nov 2018, 11:03 pm

BamBam wrote:Feel free to write next week's press conference Qs

I just edited what was already there! These are basically the same questions with different words Very Happy

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 13 Nov 2018, 11:08 pm

One of horror. Every second of that game wanspoor, except for a late Blessing.

Assist for Licht and week 1 signing Blessing got a goal. It is not the added pieces that are an issue.

It’s not been good, Clive. Not unexpected, and my only aim is to always score, but it’s not been good.

Forest Green - they were near perfect

The big clubs are spending big money on big talent up top. Big differentials.

6. Looking ahead to Week 3, what do you think your team needs for success against your opponent? A powercut

Fuentes was next on my list. It hurts.

The performance of the admin is holding the little men down. Financial fair play?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by $ka Wed 14 Nov 2018, 2:23 pm

It wasn't quite what we were hoping for but it's still early; gameplans are still being perfected and our defensive structure is mostly there - which is a huge positive.

Not all that well but nobody really played all that well in a turgid game. We were guilty of overplaying the ball which is the complete opposite of what we aim to do.

We're unbeaten with a good goal difference. Not too much could be better.

Has to be Forest Green.

Well this week saw fewer goals than last week so I'm going to assume that more games will become low scoring, with the odd high scoring game here and there.

To score more goals than they do.

Turpitz for sure. He's playing the way I hope my own striker start playing soon.

I think a lot of teams are guilty of being too idealistic in their approaches to matches and not playing to their strengths. Too many teams are giving away possession in dangerous areas by overplaying at the back.

$ka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down