The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which teams do you like to see lose?

+20
dancingweeman
glasgowhibs
Cheesehead United
adams_legend
skins4ever
TM Moot
Grizzly
Gaelic-Warrior
cherriesfna
Brady12
Pr4wn
asdral225
GB1919
RDuncan8
crazy_dave23
thunder and lightning
Unknown Brother
TheBrownTown
CFCNick
FrobisherO
24 posters

Go down

Which teams do you like to see lose? Empty Which teams do you like to see lose?

Post by FrobisherO Sat 11 Jun 2011, 5:02 pm

Well, this could be a boring one. I'm thinking it could be divisional rivals most of the way, but hey, maybe it's not just me that has irrational dislikes of some teams and likes seeing them lose.... although those irrational dislikes have changed over the years. Here's mine.

1. Bears. I'm a Lions fan. Jay Cutler. Getting to the NFC championship game last season despite no offense. Week 1 last season. I don't like the Bears.....
2. Vikes. Did I mention I'm a Lions fan? Bringing back Brett Favre.
3. Pats. America's team v 2.0. Peter Perfect.
4. Cowboys. 'America's Team'. Yuk. Sorry.
5. Ravens. Had an ex girlfriend who was a rabid Steelers fan, instilled a loathing of the Ravens.
6. Packers. Have to be on the list... although not as bad as Bears and Vikes.
7. Broncos. Never really liked them (for no particular reason) and well, Tim Tebow.
8. Saints. Recent one. Bandwagon fans, and not running the ball despite having decent backs.

Well, hope I don't get any flak Very Happy

FrobisherO

Back to top Go down

Which teams do you like to see lose? Empty Re: Which teams do you like to see lose?

Post by CFCNick Sat 11 Jun 2011, 5:07 pm

Cowboys - Divisional
Eagles - Divisional
Patriots - they're the Patriots
Saints - no other reason than everyone seems to big them up and I love seeing bigged up teams losing
Packers - they crushed us at Lambeau and stole our 6th seed

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Which teams do you like to see lose? Empty Re: Which teams do you like to see lose?

Post by TheBrownTown Sat 11 Jun 2011, 5:13 pm

Raiders - I just plain hate them, can't imagine why anyone would support them
Chargers - Divisional rivals as well, and they're annoying lol
Steelers - Don't know what it is but they are very irritating, they just seem so arrogant
Bears - I really hate Jay Cutler after he cried his way out of Denver
Cowboys - The whole America's team thing
Patriots - You gotta have the Patriots on here
Colts - I like seeing Peyton Manning lose
Chiefs - Divisional rivals, don't hate them as much as the Raiders and Chargers though

TheBrownTown

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Brother Sat 11 Jun 2011, 5:15 pm

All AFC West
Patriots
Colts (Manning can do no wrong to most people, if they're bad it's never his fault)
Jets (obnoxious, delusions of grandeur)
Cowboys

I don't like the Ravens and Steelers but not enough to like it when they lose.

Unknown Brother

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder and lightning Sat 11 Jun 2011, 7:16 pm

Not too many I like to see lose really, that said:

Colts: Divisional rivals but mostly I hate Manning
Giants: Dislike Eli almost as much as payton, overhyped and overdrafted due to his brother, love seeing him turn it over in the red zone and he rarely fails to deliver Smile
49ers: As I've only been watching football for about 4/5years I've never seen a decent 49ers team, but they're constantly being built up in the preseason then don't deliver, annoys me.

Steelers would be on the list if it wasn't for Troy

thunder and lightning

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Sat 11 Jun 2011, 7:17 pm

I actually like the 49ers, I tipped them to win the division last year.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sat 11 Jun 2011, 9:11 pm

Manning-to-Manningham wrote:Packers - they crushed us at Lambeau and stole our 6th seed

We did not "steal"... you threw it away by losing to the Eagles on a last second punt return! :p

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sat 11 Jun 2011, 9:17 pm

I'm good with irrational dislikes and it's not particularly NFC North centric... whilst I would rather the rest of the division lost, its more a case of hoping that they win less than the Packers. (The order of hate goes Minnesota, Chicago and then Detroit)

My proper dislike teams would be the Jets, Cowboys and Redskins

Other teams kind of go in cycles... I used to hate Tampa (sorry Pr4wn), but then they got rid of Gruden and their steadily growing on me. I'm currently in a phase of disliking the Titans because of Vince Young... I'd kind of like the Patriots to lose, but I have a lot of respect for Belichick and its more of a case of hoping they dont win the Superbowl rather than collapse as a team every week. I've also never really liked the Browns... probably because they have been boring for the last 9 years since I've watched the NFL!

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder and lightning Sat 11 Jun 2011, 9:42 pm

crazy_dave23 wrote:I'm good with irrational dislikes and it's not particularly NFC North centric... whilst I would rather the rest of the division lost, its more a . I'm currently in a phase of disliking the Titans because of Vince Young...

Out of interest is that because your a VY fan and dislike how the situation is being handled or because you dislike VY himself?

thunder and lightning

Back to top Go down

Post by RDuncan8 Sat 11 Jun 2011, 9:47 pm

1. Raiders, Chiefs, Chargers - Divisional Rivals
2. Patriots - I Hate them
3. NYJ
4. Steelers
5. Bears (Cutler)

RDuncan8

Back to top Go down

Post by RDuncan8 Sat 11 Jun 2011, 9:49 pm

TheBrownTown wrote:Raiders - I just plain hate them, can't imagine why anyone would support them
Steelers - Don't know what it is but they are very irritating, they just seem so arrogant
Chiefs - Divisional rivals, don't hate them as much as the Raiders and Chargers though

I should have just copy and pasted yours. Except I don't mind the colts and I don't really care about the Cowboys "America's team" thing probably because im not american so it doesnt bother me.

RDuncan8

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBrownTown Sun 12 Jun 2011, 11:57 am

RDuncan8 wrote:
TheBrownTown wrote:Raiders - I just plain hate them, can't imagine why anyone would support them

I should have just copy and pasted yours. Except I don't mind the colts and I don't really care about the Cowboys "America's team" thing probably because im not american so it doesnt bother me.

The thing with the coyboys is, it's the arrogance of calling themselves America's team and thinking everyone loves them and that they are more important than everyone else, it just annoys me.

TheBrownTown

Back to top Go down

Post by GB1919 Sun 12 Jun 2011, 1:01 pm

1) Bears - of course it's the Bears I'm a Packer fan. Having Lovie Smith say beating the Packers is more important than a Superbowl also made the NFC Championship game that bit more satisfying.

2) Vikings - to be honest they would probably have been slightly lower were it not for Favre. That said the way it 'ended' (I don't think I'll ever believe he's retired) was brilliant.

3) Cowboys - as others have said they are horribly arrogant and it's great seeing them lose.

4) Giants - another team that thinks they are bound for the Superbowl every year. Eli is one of the least likeable characters in the sport.

5) Patriots - should make everyone's list.

6) Lions - don't actually dislike the Lion's too much but as a divisional rival I need to see them lose.

GB1919

Back to top Go down

Post by asdral225 Sun 12 Jun 2011, 1:09 pm

Eagles - Divisional
Cowboys - Divisional and owner
Steelers - Terrible towels and a presenter
Ravens - Super Bowl murder of the (my) Giants
Jets - The fan in the firemans hat
Vikings - Nothing I can put my finger on
The Patriots are on a lot of lists, to be honest I don't really mind them not just because of SB42, its just that Belichick was at the Giants as an assistant coach many moons ago.
asdral225
asdral225

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jun 2011, 2:04 pm

Broncos, Chargers and Cheifs for obvious reasons being a silver and black man

Dallas
Minnesota (maybe not as much now that Favres gone)
New York Jets - I think they think they're alot better than they actually are
Steelers - F*ck Pittsburgh!!!!!
Chicago - can't put my finger on why exactly just seem to be happier when they lose than win
Tampa - Because of SB37
Phillie - Again dunno why though

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Sun 12 Jun 2011, 2:36 pm

gazzyD wrote: Tampa - Because of SB37

Hhahahahahahaahahahahah.

Great game wasn't it?

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 12 Jun 2011, 2:47 pm

thunder and lightning wrote:
crazy_dave23 wrote:I'm good with irrational dislikes and it's not particularly NFC North centric... whilst I would rather the rest of the division lost, its more a . I'm currently in a phase of disliking the Titans because of Vince Young...

Out of interest is that because your a VY fan and dislike how the situation is being handled or because you dislike VY himself?

I think I partly dislike VY... to be fair I dislike a lot of USC and Texas players from that draft class! But this year it's just the way he seemed to storm out on his team part way through a game and it just seems like he is one of these guys who has so much talent but just doesn't feel inclined to put it all on the line probably because he has a massive paycheck behind him.

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jun 2011, 3:43 pm

Pr4wn wrote:
gazzyD wrote: Tampa - Because of SB37

Hhahahahahahaahahahahah.

Great game wasn't it?

Crying or Very sad nope not for the Raider Nation

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sun 12 Jun 2011, 4:09 pm

Any team being led by the product of Archie Mannings semen

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Sun 12 Jun 2011, 4:18 pm

Brady12 wrote:Any team being led by the product of Archie Mannings semen

Why's that?

18-1 maybe?

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sun 12 Jun 2011, 4:41 pm

Manning-to-Manningham wrote:
Brady12 wrote:Any team being led by the product of Archie Mannings semen

Why's that?

18-1 maybe?

Better team won that day I don't deny it

Because of this....http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20040422-9999-1s22chargers.html

I was praying The Chargers would win a Superbowl before any of Archie's sons

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Sun 12 Jun 2011, 7:59 pm

49ers rams and cards -divisional
jets- i dont like sanchez and rex ryan
colts- one man team
steelers- reothlesberger and superbowl XL
bears- cutler is overrated
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Sun 12 Jun 2011, 8:18 pm

Dallas Cowgirls- Same reason I don't like man u, sheer arrogance, America's team my ass!

Phillie Eagles- Divisional, can't stand Vick after the dog-fighting biz

Jets- We're the big team in town!

Pats- Just something about them that gets on my goat
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder and lightning Sun 12 Jun 2011, 10:18 pm

crazy_dave23 wrote:
I think I partly dislike VY... to be fair I dislike a lot of USC and Texas players from that draft class! But this year it's just the way he seemed to storm out on his team part way through a game and it just seems like he is one of these guys who has so much talent but just doesn't feel inclined to put it all on the line probably because he has a massive paycheck behind him.

Well VY all but gone now, and Locker has an exceptional character (funny how analysts got so down on Cam Newton for his character issues but don't tend to highlight that on the good guys) so you can look forward to liking the Titans in the future Smile

thunder and lightning

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 12 Jun 2011, 10:34 pm

Haha, well you never know... as I said, there are a couple of teams (NYJ, DAL, WAS) that I never like and most others go in cycles depending on their players and or playing styles!

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Sun 12 Jun 2011, 10:50 pm

As a punter I've liked every team at some point in life, though there are bogey teams that I just never seem to call right.
Texans, Colts, Jets and Steelers spring to mind.

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by TM Moot Mon 13 Jun 2011, 9:54 am

Bears - just because...
Vikings - partly NFC North, partly Favre
Jets - too noisey
Eagles - partly because of a 4th&26 a few years ago in a playoff game!!
Cowboys - the ManYoo of the NFL

TM Moot

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Mon 13 Jun 2011, 11:22 am

Grizzly, you've never advertised you played? Though Punter isn't something I'd advertise. Wink

For me its easy. Cowpokes, Cowgirls, Cowpukes, Cowpats, Dullest Cowhides - and any other insulting names you can think of (without getting banned for abusive language). As a Skins fan there's the basic dislike, but then you have Jerry shouting his mouth off every 5 mins., the whole America's Team BS, the media love in with them and to top it off they go and get possibly the best stadium built for them and Jones claims it as his work! Arrogance beyond belief. I've loved watching them nosedive lately! Smile

Now if you were to ask which owner you dislike, I'd say Snyder, Jones and Al Davis in that order.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by adams_legend Mon 13 Jun 2011, 11:33 am

I don't like the Saints, don't no why but i always want them to lose

adams_legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 13 Jun 2011, 12:37 pm

Obviously I can't stand our divisional rivals!

Other than that, I love it when the Patriots (don't like cheats) or the Eagles (perennial Buc-beaters in the late 90s/early 2000s) lose.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheesehead United Mon 13 Jun 2011, 12:55 pm

Other than divisional rivals, the Jets and Patriots.

Cheesehead United

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Mon 13 Jun 2011, 12:56 pm

Very good skins, I must be losing it as I had to read your post twice to understand it !
Funny enough I was only thinking last week whether I was too old (40) to start playing - Kent Exiles are literally on my doorstep

Last edited by Grizzly on Mon 13 Jun 2011, 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by glasgowhibs Mon 13 Jun 2011, 1:49 pm

Saints - divisional rivals and always throwing the ball despite a decent run game.
Cowboys - obviously, everything about them from the players, fans and their owner, think they're a cut above every team in the league just because they're named the Cowboys.
Patriots - like Frobisher said 'Peter Perfect' at the helm, always helps when there's a camera involved.
Jets - all talk and never back it up.
Miami - Mercury Morris.

glasgowhibs

Back to top Go down

Post by dancingweeman Mon 13 Jun 2011, 1:58 pm

Jets - Divisional rivals
Colts - Never liked Peyton
Ravens - Ever since they embarassed us in the playoffs a few years back. That hurt.
Cowboys - I'm obviously not alone here - the biggest cheer of the night at the last Wembley game was when the scoreboard showed the Cowboys were getting slapped by the Jags.

dancingweeman

Back to top Go down

Post by GangGreen Mon 13 Jun 2011, 2:55 pm

Patriots for the obvious reason that they are Division rivals aswell as the fact that I just don't like Tom Brady.

GangGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Mon 13 Jun 2011, 3:01 pm

Grizzly - I considered a comeback at 45, for all of 5 minutes. Whoever said that 40 is the new 30 was lying! Smile

Dancingweeman - That all but proves to me the love in with Texas' second team is purely driven by the media and Jones big fat gob!

devil

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mangler US_UK Tue 14 Jun 2011, 7:24 pm

Cowboys (too many things to list)
Steelers (obnoxious fan who sat next to me at work for years and Super Bowl 43 -- also the blown calls in Super Bowl 40)
49ers (becoming a bitter rival)
Seattle (ditto)
Rams
Jets (depending on whether Rex has annoyed or amused me that particular week)
Patriots (can't deny their greatness, but they annoy me)

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Post by Forward Pass Thu 16 Jun 2011, 3:25 pm

Eagles ,Giants ,Skins for nfc east reasons
but the teams I can't stand are
Steelers
Jets
Pats

Forward Pass
Forward Pass

Back to top Go down

Post by Leedscowboys Sat 18 Jun 2011, 9:21 am

My Top 10

1. Steelers
2. Steelers
3. Steelers
4. Steelers
5. Steelers
6. Other NFC East Teams Gnats, Skids, Shegals
7. Steelers
8. Steelers
9. Steelers
10. Steelers

Oh yeah I forgot to mention the Steelers
Leedscowboys
Leedscowboys

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down