The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More young Welsh talent poached by rich English clubs

+11
quinsforever
mikey_dragon
maestegmafia
bluestonevedder
Irish Londoner
profitius
LondonTiger
formerly known as Sam
Stone Motif
RiscaGame
LordDowlais
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

More young Welsh talent poached by rich English clubs - Page 2 Empty More young Welsh talent poached by rich English clubs

Post by LordDowlais Thu 27 Jun 2019, 4:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

How long can we sustain this ? Not only are we losing established players to clubs from other leagues, but now we seem to be losing a lot of our youngsters as well. Wales props Sam Wainwright and Rhys Carre have been poached by Saracens, and now Christ Tshiunza is off to Exeter.

A question I would like to ask is, are the regions doing enough to keep these players in Wales ?

Another question I would like to ask is, how are these young players being tempted away from Wales ? Are the English clubs offering more money ?

This is after Glanmor Griffiths waded into the WRU and the regions demanding what is happening to the £32 million that is being spent by the WRU on the four pro sides in Wales whilst the rest of the 320 clubs had £9.1 million to share between them.

Are the regions to be blamed for the drain of young Welsh talent from their academies ? Do the WRU need to do more to fight off the vultures the Gallagher Premiership ?

I find the fact that players at the age of 18 to 21 are choosing to jump ship at such a young age quite alarming, no doubt some of our more vocal Dragons fans on here will come and put me right Rolling Eyes

But the fact that we are losing these players should start alarm bell ringing. The Welsh regions cannot compete as it is, for various reasons, and losing promising young talent will not help.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

More young Welsh talent poached by rich English clubs - Page 2 Empty Re: More young Welsh talent poached by rich English clubs

Post by Shifty Sun 11 Aug 2019, 6:35 pm

LordDowlais wrote:How long can we sustain this ? Not only are we losing established players to clubs from other leagues, but now we seem to be losing a lot of our youngsters as well. Wales props Sam Wainwright and Rhys Carre have been poached by Saracens, and now Christ Tshiunza is off to Exeter.  

A question I would like to ask is, are the regions doing enough to keep these players in Wales ?

Another question I would like to ask is, how are these young players being tempted away from Wales ? Are the English clubs offering more money ?

This is after Glanmor Griffiths waded into the WRU and the regions demanding what is happening to the £32 million that is being spent by the WRU on the four pro sides in Wales whilst the rest of the 320 clubs had £9.1 million to share between them.

Are the regions to be blamed for the drain of young Welsh talent from their academies ? Do the WRU need to do more to fight off the vultures the Gallagher Premiership ?

I find the fact that players at the age of 18 to 21 are choosing to jump ship at such a young age quite alarming, no doubt some of our more vocal Dragons fans on here will come and put me right Rolling Eyes  

But the fact that we are losing these players should start alarm bell ringing. The Welsh regions cannot compete as it is, for various reasons, and losing promising young talent will not help.

Dont worry about it, England is hardly far away, while it leaves a domestic spot open for another young prop to develop. I'm happy to see the talent drain.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2