The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PRO14 Championship Final - 12 Sep - Leinster v Ulster

+9
neilthom7
BigGee
clivemcl
thebandwagonsociety
sensisball
mikey_dragon
profitius
Pete330v2
Pot Hale
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

PRO14 Championship Final - 12 Sep - Leinster v Ulster - Page 2 Empty PRO14 Championship Final - 12 Sep - Leinster v Ulster

Post by Pot Hale Mon 07 Sep 2020, 2:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

Leinster looking for their 24th win on the spin to crown their unbeaten season.

Ulster, the comeback kings, looking to cause another upset and bring silverware back to Ravenhill after a long gap.

Get your digs in early.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

PRO14 Championship Final - 12 Sep - Leinster v Ulster - Page 2 Empty Re: PRO14 Championship Final - 12 Sep - Leinster v Ulster

Post by clivemcl Sat 12 Sep 2020, 10:31 pm

You play Leinster and you think back on previous Ulster good performance and you wonder if those good performances were just because the opposition was... poor. As in ... not Leinster.

There tonight we had much of the same building blocks as usual. Strong carries... ground made in contact... some quick hands.
It just didn’t amount to much sometimes because we coughed up possession but mostly because it just didn’t create the space it would normally against less defensively good teams.

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

PRO14 Championship Final - 12 Sep - Leinster v Ulster - Page 2 Empty Re: PRO14 Championship Final - 12 Sep - Leinster v Ulster

Post by Brendan Mon 14 Sep 2020, 8:37 pm

Ulster are a team on the up.

I am sure Henderson wants to win things but he realises that getting to their first final in over 5 years was a big achievement.

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 14 Sep 2020, 8:43 pm

I saw him and a few other Ulster players remove their medals pretty much as soon as they were off the podium.

They did not look like people happy to be a runner up!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Mon 14 Sep 2020, 10:16 pm

BigGee wrote:I saw him and a few other Ulster players remove their medals pretty much as soon as they were off the podium.

They did not look like people happy to be a runner up!

I think Ulster are now better than Munster over a whole season. It will be interesting if they can kick on or stall like Munster have for the last 4/5 years.

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Tue 15 Sep 2020, 9:48 am

If someone had told me at the start of the season that Ulster would be Pro14 finalists I'd have taken that happily. Perhaps that shows the wrong mentality as a supporter to some but we're still in the early stages of Dan's plan, a plan that's been badly interrupted by Covid so the future's bright. We have a strong squad with more depth that I can remember. We have a coaching team that are more professional than any in years and we have a lot of young players not only playing but coming through the academy.
When the season restarted Ulster were clearly off the boil, we were barely simmering for various factors relating to out time off compared to the other provinces and yet I think the lads put in an admirable effort against arguably the best club side in Europe in their fortress.

To cut this short I really do believe we'll have some silverware in the next couple of years. I've not felt that way for a very long time. SUFTUM.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2