The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+13
Davie
pedro
BlueCoverman
Pal Joey
super_realist
westisbest
incontinentia
beninho
JuliusHMarx
navyblueshorts
McLaren
superflyweight
Soul Requiem
17 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 18 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:27 am

First topic message reminder :

beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:The far left is often dependent on where an individual themselves is on the political spectrum, for example Owen Jones may be seen as far left to someone who is centre right but to a centrist will be seen as merely left wing, personally have him down as part of the hard left.

I have him as left wing. Though is hard left not the same as far left because I dont have him as far left. I get tge views based on your own spectrum though. Which is why I hare labour supporters calling Starmer and others right wing.  Left of centre is not right wing.

I would say that hard left is within the standard left wing myself, thinking of someone like Tony Benn being hard left as opposed to Ed Milliband who was soft left, will say however that is possibly closer to far left than it is the centre.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 18 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:31 am

So seeing as this government (I suppose like all UK govts of the past 30 years) love to completely and utterly abdicate responsibility by outsourcing key public sector functions, why don't they really take a bold step and outsource the PMs role to Jacinda Ardern? Almost tempted to set up one of those petition things to see how many people agreed.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 18 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:29 pm

McLaren wrote:It's like when you get an std.
Speak for yourself!
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:32 pm

JAS wrote:So seeing as this government (I suppose like all UK govts of the past 30 years) love to completely and utterly abdicate responsibility by outsourcing key public sector functions, why don't they really take a bold step and outsource the PMs role to Jacinda Ardern? Almost tempted to set up one of those petition things to see how many people agreed.
Go for it, but suspect we're getting a varnished view of her as portrayed by a British media eager to trash UKG's performance.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:14 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
JAS wrote:So seeing as this government (I suppose like all UK govts of the past 30 years) love to completely and utterly abdicate responsibility by outsourcing key public sector functions, why don't they really take a bold step and outsource the PMs role to Jacinda Ardern? Almost tempted to set up one of those petition things to see how many people agreed.
Go for it, but suspect we're getting a varnished view of her as portrayed by a British media eager to trash UKG's performance.

I kind of see the opposite Navy I don't think the British media give her enough credit or coverage. NZ is part of the Commonwealth and has a lot of ex-pats (both ways as well) but contrast how much coverage there was of the NZ election compared to the coverage being given to the Poopie show across the pond.

Policy wise she aint that far off Corbyn...but with leadership skills...ergo most definitely NOT what our right wing media want to be promoting.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:44 am

Come on Jas, how hard is it to govern a remote and isolated island country that has more sheep than its 5 million people? If anything she is given far too much credit, mostly for being up the duff whilst in office.

If she was so good, why didn't her government stop the Christchurch massacre before it happened for instance?

Why aren't the left wing media promoting her if the right won't? It's just that no one gives a toss about New Zealand just as we don't care about most countries and how they handle things especially those so far away.

The right wing media don't make a big deal of how awful Trudea is despite the ammunition, so why would they bother bigging up Arden? No one cares about either, that's why.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:15 am

Why should anyone give a toss about anyone else unless a) they know them and b) they like them? Why should how far away they are matter? Am I supposed to care more about France than South Korea?
Basically there are about a dozen people I care for and the rest can at best f*ck off or at worst burn in hell. They're all phenomenally stupid anyway.

Sorry, thought I was someone else there for a moment.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:48 am

Hard of comprehension again?
The reason no one talks about New Zealand in either the left or right media is simply that it is no more important than 100 other countries to them.
It's human nature to not be concerned with things which are distant from them and have no bearing upon anything they do.

How much do you care about Commonwealth countries in all honesty? Hardly at all, and I doubt you try hard to keep abreast of their news or politics.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:10 am

super_realist wrote:Hard of comprehension again?
The reason no one talks about New Zealand in either the left or right media is simply that it is no more important than 100 other countries to them.
It's human nature to not be concerned with things which are distant from them and have no bearing upon anything they do.

How much do you care about Commonwealth countries in all honesty? Hardly at all, and I doubt you try hard to keep abreast of their news or politics.

The interest comes mainly from observing that she's doing a good job, ok that's my opinion but New Zealanders clearly agree in significant numbers as they reelected her over the summer with a massive majority. She's dealt with Covid better than most (regardless of country size - there's plenty of 5m population countries that have made a hash of it), She's dealt with a couple of natural disasters well and as for the Christchurch massacre, she's not a clairvoyant ffs but...in the aftermath, instead of whipping up and escalating hatred and division she did a pretty good job of calming things down. Oh and as far as I'm aware she never outsourced their track and trace system for Covid to leeches like Serco.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:11 am

How can you fail to comprehend that I comprehended perfectly well?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:28 am

super_realist wrote:Come on Jas, how hard is it to govern a remote and isolated island country that has more sheep than its 5 million people? If anything she is given far too much credit, mostly for being up the duff whilst in office.

If she was so good, why didn't her government stop the Christchurch massacre before it happened for instance?

Why aren't the left wing media promoting her if the right won't? It's just that no one gives a toss about New Zealand just as we don't care about most countries and how they handle things especially those so far away.

The right wing media don't make a big deal of how awful Trudea is despite the ammunition, so why would they bother bigging up Arden? No one cares about either, that's why.

You need to stop believing that Minority Report was a true story.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:27 am

At what point do you begin to consider that you don't get your points across as intended rather than all the other posters on here having comprehension issues?
McLaren
McLaren

navyblueshorts likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:06 am

Q. Whats the difference between a Junior Health Minister and a former Head of Public Affairs at a multinational outsourcing company?

A. None whatsoever they are one in the same person, Mr Edward Argar

Cue accusations of tinfoil hatted conspiracy theorist for daring to point out a quite blatant conflict of interest?

The fact that this aint being rammed hard and long into main news bulletins tells you all you need to know about where the media sits in this pandemic...and it ain't with ordinary people.

Last edited by JAS on Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:43 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:22 am

McLaren wrote:

At what point do you begin to consider that you don't get your points across as intended rather than all the other posters on here having comprehension issues?
He considers himself intellectually superior to us all, in an elitist manner.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:33 pm

Seems the tories can't work out if Marcus Rashford is doing good work for chiod poverty and hunger and deserving of an MBE for his work.

Or

A virtue signalling celebrity trying to nationalise children.

Tough one.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:32 pm

McLaren wrote:
I'm never wrong wrote:It happened to my  niece's friend. She had to do a speed awareness course online. Via Zoom. How ironic

is this in response to my post above?
No. I was struck by the irony of "speed" and "Zoom" That's all.
I posted it on a Facebook group and over half didn't get the point.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:17 am

Only just found out that the ceo of Serco is Rupert Soames.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:42 am

beninho wrote:Only just found out that the ceo of Serco is Rupert Soames.

How could you not know that? I thought the lefty media would be all over that. Its common knowledge and they've been hauled over the coals because they are also in charge of the illegal migrant issue in the channel.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:43 am

JAS wrote:

The interest comes mainly from observing that she's doing a good job, ok that's my opinion but New Zealanders clearly agree in significant numbers as they reelected her over the summer with a massive majority. She's dealt with Covid better than most (regardless of country size - there's plenty of 5m population countries that have made a hash of it), She's dealt with a couple of natural disasters well and as for the Christchurch massacre, she's not a clairvoyant ffs but...in the aftermath, instead of whipping up and escalating hatred and division she did a pretty good job of calming things down. Oh and as far as I'm aware she never outsourced their track and trace system for Covid to leeches like Serco.

How much do you care or read about how other countries are doing? It might have escaped your notice but news doesn't generally report good news especially in regards to a remote country of 5 million people on the other side of the planet.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:57 am

Super you conveniently forgot to respond to my point.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:16 am

My point was perfectly clear Mac and was almost stating the obvious. If you can't follow a simple point that dim and distant lands are rarely reported then its not my problem.
It doesn't mean you are insular or don't care about these countries because there's only so much you can consume in a day.
I don't go seeking out stories on New Zealand, Fiji, Latvia, Portugal, Chile, Paraguay etc just in case something might have happened, and I doubt you do either unless you have a specific interest in a specific country.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:31 am

Is there a comprehension issue here, you seem to be responding to a point someone else has made?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:37 am

Mac, I'm responding to your question on whether or not I have an issue in making myself clear. You asked me to respond to your question. I've just done that and you're still not happy.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:06 pm

super_realist wrote:

How much do you care or read about how other countries are doing?

Not sure about the relevance of the question but here goes, I generally like to keep abreast of what's happening around the world, it helps give a bit more colour/perspective. I tend to pay more attention to or have more interest in countries that I've either visited or likely to visit. France for example where my daughter lives, I like to check out what's going on there. New Zealand is on my bucket list for a visit at some point in the next few years. Conversely I have zero interest in visiting say Afghanistan, Iraq, Yemen etc to see where a lot of our taxes have been used.

super_realist wrote:
It might have escaped your notice but news doesn't generally report good news

No it most definitely hasn't escaped my notice but careful, you could be straying into conspiracy theory here...MSM reporting gloomy news all the time, they wouldn't deliberately do that...woud they :-p

super_realist wrote:
especially in regards to a remote country of 5 million people on the other side of the planet.

Quite a good illustration of your perspective. People in the likes of Fiji, Samoa & Tonga I'd venture would have a pretty different perspective of NZ, why does that matter? It doesn't, so it puzzles me that you even raised it in the first place.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:09 pm

Of course they have a different perspective to NZ than we do because it has a greater geopolitical influence on that particular region.
NZ has no bearing on the UK by and large. I'm not saying its a good thing, just the reason that we don't hear about New Zealand or why none of the media waste much time blowing smoke up Ardens Arse.

Your question was why the MSM aren't saying what a "great job" you think Arden is doing and I answered it with saying that New Zealand is largely an irrelevant country. On the flip side I don't see the MSM going into too much detail how the Belgian female PM has made a mess of her country.
The point is that news is only newsworthy if the public are interested in it and like it or not, right or wrong, they largely do not care about Arden, New Zealand (or Belgium) unless its a more important story like terrorism.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:14 pm

beninho wrote:Seems the tories can't work out if Marcus Rashford is doing good work for chiod poverty and hunger and deserving of an MBE for his work.

Or

Tough one.

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by super_realist on Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:17 pm

beninho wrote:Seems the tories can't work out if Marcus Rashford is doing good work for chiod poverty and hunger and deserving of an MBE for his work.

Or

Tough one.

What are you trying to say? You think it's the governments role to feed people?

Interesting you missed out the end of the statement which was addressing the causes of child hunger, but never let that get in the way of 6th form sensationalist headlines eh?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:19 pm

super_realist wrote:

Or

Tough one.

What are you trying to say? You think it's the governments role to feed people?

If Farage thinks the government are being unreasonable then, something hasn't been thought out.

My mp was on news night last night, making a right old idiot if himself.

And, I think its the governments responsibility to support children in need.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:27 pm

They already feed them during term time and they pay child benefit.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:35 pm

I will bow down to your superior knowledge on low income families.

I still think it is the governments responsibility to protect children in need.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:40 pm

I didnt say I was an expert I was asking whose responsibility it is to feed children.
How do you decide who is in need? It doesn't necessarily come down to income as many children simply have bad parents. I went to school with plenty people with sub human parents who were poor, but could afford to feed their children they were just awful parents.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:44 pm

It's human nature not to care about hungry children outside of our own street/town/county/country*

* delete according to your world view

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:48 pm

super_realist wrote:I didnt say I was an expert I was asking whose responsibility it is to feed children.
How do you decide who is in need? It doesn't necessarily come down to income as many children simply have bad parents. I went to school with plenty people with sub human parents who were poor, but could afford to feed their children they were just awful parents.

If parents do not provide enough food for their children, then the children are in need of further support. A child should not suffer because his parents are not good parents.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:54 pm

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:I didnt say I was an expert I was asking whose responsibility it is to feed children.

If parents do not provide enough food for their children, then the children are in need of further support. A child should not suffer because his parents are not good parents.

Agreed, but is it not better to address the root of the issue rather than make people reliant on the state?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:11 pm

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:

Agreed, but is it not better to address the root of the issue rather than make people reliant on the state?

Yes, but until the the welfare state is fixed we might as well feed some hungry children in the meantime.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:03 pm

Not a bad result for a small time Scottish club.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:29 am

super

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-54656480

You should have been out there carrying out a counter protest.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:30 am

Soap dodging, worthless c***s. Get a job losers.

They would not last five minutes without fossil fuels.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:45 am

super_realist wrote:Soap dodging, worthless c***s. Get a job losers.

That is like saying a slave would not survive without food from the their masters. It doesn't make it right.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:57 am

McLaren wrote:
super_realist wrote:Soap dodging, worthless c***s. Get a job losers.

That is like saying a slave would not survive without food from the their masters. It doesn't make it right.

No it isn't Mac. They voluntarily use fossil fuels and only target those elements which have visible emissions. They completely ignore far bigger contributors to climate change than emissions from engines.
They are too stupid to realise that change is a long transition and make unrealistic demands and make absurdly stupid claims about what will happen if we don't.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:08 pm

Super

What contributors to co2 would you like to see them protest against?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:20 pm

McLaren wrote:super

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-54656480

You should have been out there carrying out a counter protest.

Pathetic bunch of cretins.

* I happen to work for Ineos so may be biased.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:34 pm

McLaren wrote:Super

What contributors to co2 would you like to see them protest against?

If they are being consistent in their argument than they should protest ALL of them.
The biggest UK contributor to climate change is heating property, yet they never challenge that do they? Industrial processes like the production of concrete is also massive, instead they prefer to protest against aviation (2%, same as the footprint of the Internet) and motor vehicles at 25%.
Heating and cooling property is estimated to be almost 40%,  yet these simpletons never ever mention that.

I'd actually prefer though Mac that they didn't protest at all and got themselves educated on the matter and then got themselves a job.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:39 pm

Super

My first thoughts when trying to educate myself on a subject would be to go to the academic literature and if the actual papers were beyond me I would look for good review articles. I might also check out popular science books that have been well received by the experts in the field or check out reports from the world bank or UN.

In the case of climate change and what needs to be done about it reading stuff like that has taught me it is serious and something needs to change now, this is the consensus view of the experts in the field.  But you tell me this is wrong. Where can I look for the material which backs up your opinions on the subject?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:51 pm

My first thoughts when trying to educate myself on a subject would be to go to the academic literature and if the actual papers were beyond me I would look for good review articles. I might also check out popular science books that have been well received by the experts in the field or check out reports from the world bank or UN.

In the case of climate change and what needs to be done about it reading stuff like that has taught me it is serious and something needs to change now, this is the consensus view of the experts in the field.  But you tell me this is wrong. Where can I look for the material which backs up your opinions on the subject?

8chan and Breitbart.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:04 pm

Mac, I don't deny Climate Change and the role that humans have played in that , I'm a Geoscientist after all so stop trying to imply I'm a denier. I have been consistent in my criticism of these moronic cults due to their hypocrisy and being selective of what they want to attack and what they want to ignore.
What I am opposed to is laughable claims that come from doomsday cults like XR such as "we could be the last generation" or "300 species are going extinct every day". These aren't backed up by science and therefore they should stop spreading such sensationalist lies which serve only to scare easily influenced and gullible people.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:09 pm

I could have sworn until recently all children were obese and that was a problem.If you cannot feed your children when they are not at school you do not deserve to have any

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:24 pm

dynamark wrote:I could have sworn until recently all children were obese and that was a problem.If you cannot feed your children when they are not at school you do not deserve to have any

Do you think couples should be means tested before being allowing them to have children?

What if both parents have been made redundant due to Covid? Should the state take their kids off them now that they are poor?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:13 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
dynamark wrote:I could have sworn until recently all children were obese and that was a problem.If you cannot feed your children when they are not at school you do not deserve to have any

Do you think couples should be means tested before being allowing them to have children?

What if both parents have been made redundant due to Covid? Should the state take their kids off them now that they are poor?

It's mad you need a licence to watch TV, but you don't need to demonstrate you are even remotely capable to bring horrible little urchins into the world.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:46 pm

Do you mean financially capable or emotionally or both?
Edit - I'll include morally in that question as well

Last edited by JuliusHMarx on Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:47 pm

Is that what you were then? A horrible little urchin.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next