The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+13
Davie
pedro
BlueCoverman
Pal Joey
super_realist
westisbest
incontinentia
beninho
JuliusHMarx
navyblueshorts
McLaren
superflyweight
Soul Requiem
17 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:27 am

First topic message reminder :

beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:The far left is often dependent on where an individual themselves is on the political spectrum, for example Owen Jones may be seen as far left to someone who is centre right but to a centrist will be seen as merely left wing, personally have him down as part of the hard left.

I have him as left wing. Though is hard left not the same as far left because I dont have him as far left. I get tge views based on your own spectrum though. Which is why I hare labour supporters calling Starmer and others right wing.  Left of centre is not right wing.

I would say that hard left is within the standard left wing myself, thinking of someone like Tony Benn being hard left as opposed to Ed Milliband who was soft left, will say however that is possibly closer to far left than it is the centre.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:18 pm

beninho wrote:I miss the hotel breakfast buffet. Bloody covid ruining good things!

What is breakfast in a hotel like now?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:32 pm

My experience the last couple days, a lot more queuing, people dishing up your breakfast. Eveeything being brought to you. Gone are the help yourself days. Fruit juice in cartons rather then those little glasses.

I love a breakfast buffet!!

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:44 pm

beninho wrote:My experience the last couple days, a lot more queuing, people dishing up your breakfast. Eveeything being brought to you. Gone are the help yourself days. Fruit juice in cartons rather then those little glasses.

I love a breakfast buffet!!

Disaster, that was always the highlight of my Stavanger trips. Scandi buffet breakfasts are the best.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:33 pm

Speaking of breakfasts, I had a good fry up this morning.

Sausage, 2 crispy bacon scrambled egg, tomatoes, 2 fried bread(sensational) baked beans and white toast
Glass of orange juice.

Perfection.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:36 pm

Glad you missed out beans and mushrooms.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:40 pm

westisbest wrote:Speaking of breakfasts, I had a good fry up this morning.

Sausage, 2 crispy bacon scrambled egg, tomatoes, 2 fried bread(sensational) baked beans and white toast
Glass of orange juice.

Perfection.

Chuck in some black pudding Cool

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:36 pm

Chips or no chips people?

I do go chips when in a greasy cafe. But, another tip is the North Staffordshire oatcake.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:42 pm

beninho wrote:Chips or no chips people?

I do go chips when in a greasy cafe. But, another tip is the North Staffordshire oatcake.

Not for breakfast, but I would have fried potato cubes or sliced potato fried. Chip-like you could argue,, but not a full on chip.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:46 pm

I still recall a corned beef hash with fried eggs in NYC many years ago.  And im sure in Sri Lanka I had a breakfast curry. Though omelette in the massive mara (honeymoon) probably trumps everything.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:52 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
westisbest wrote:Speaking of breakfasts, I had a good fry up this morning.

Glass of orange juice.

Perfection.

Chuck in some black pudding Cool

Don’t like black pudding.

Oh forgot mushrooms to.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:11 am

First point of the season then Ben.

Should probably been 3

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:30 am

The refs have been awful. How was that disallowed!
We've had sone shocking decisions

https://twitter.com/ginganinga177/status/1317484806272438273?s=19
https://twitter.com/TalkNorwichCity/status/1320102789452877826?s=19

The above are two recent ones. Norwich one was Saturday in tge 90th minute!

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:44 am

beninho wrote:I still recall a corned beef hash with fried eggs in NYC many years ago.  And im sure in Sri Lanka I had a breakfast curry. Though omelette in the massive mara (honeymoon) probably trumps everything.

Yeh I like the random noodle dishes you get for breakfast in hotels in SE Asia. I get a bit bored of the UK's standard cooked breakfasts.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:58 am

Breakfast buffets are good but there's nothing worse than seeing someone across the room for you stuffing their fat face with everything on offer just because it is included in the price of their room.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:23 pm

And now for something completely different ... for the past 4 years I've been doing Orangetheory 1x a week. I do cardio (run or cycle) every other day and yoga (just follow the namaste TV cues) in the winter (for mostly downhill skiing).

Really like Orangetheory ... anyone in the UK try it?

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:26 pm

But regarding breakfast foods, my infrequent guilty pleasure is one which Kwin (wish he posted here) is also familiar with:

https://www.chowhound.com/post/giambotti-giambotta-breakfast-chicago-741366

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:49 pm

super_realist wrote:Breakfast buffets are good but there's nothing worse than seeing  someone across the room for you stuffing their fat face with everything on offer just because it is included in the price of their room.

Why wouldn’t they. Make the most of it

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:49 pm

westisbest wrote:
super_realist wrote:Breakfast buffets are good but there's nothing worse than seeing  someone across the room for you stuffing their fat face with everything on offer just because it is included in the price of their room.

WHy would you? Why would you eat more than you normally do?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:56 pm

super_realist wrote:
westisbest wrote:

Why you be bothered either way? They've paid for it so want to get the most out of it, i'd do the same.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:05 pm

I sometimes get annoyed with the waste, on holidays when you see people pile it all on, or go all for the bucks fizz, but leave half of it. That annoys me.

But, if they are ploughing through. No issues. Usually its a holiday or a break away, enjoy yourself. I love a 3 course breakfast when away. Cereals, buffets, pastries. Even the cold meats and cheeses sometimes.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:13 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
super_realist wrote:
westisbest wrote:

Why you be bothered either way? They've paid for it so want to get the most out of it, i'd do the same.

Because such gluttony is one of the reasons this nation is disgustingly fat.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:15 pm

Isnt it more why wouldn't you eat or drink more then you usually do? Who goes on holiday to do what they woukd normally do.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:24 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
super_realist wrote:
westisbest wrote:

Exactly.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:24 pm

beninho wrote:Isnt it more why wouldn't you eat or drink more then you usually do? Who goes on holiday to do what they woukd normally do.

I was thinking more about people on business.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:25 pm

Holidays shouldn't be allowed. Such sloth one of the reasons this nation's productivity is so low.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:26 pm

super_realist wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
super_realist wrote:
westisbest wrote:

Someone eats more on holiday than they would at home.
Somebody call the food police. Jeez.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:29 pm

super_realist wrote:

That's an early grave for them then isn't it, I drank to excess when I was younger so can't now moan about people liking their food.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:46 pm

If on business, even more reason to tuck in. If its paid by your employers! Go for it.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:48 pm

beninho wrote:If on business, even more reason to tuck in. If its paid by your employers! Go for it.
I think when I'm away I get about £100 a day for subsistence. I have never come close to that figure.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:51 pm

Give the balance to Marcus super, apparently there's some kids need feeding...

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:58 pm

BlueCoverman wrote:Give the balance to Marcus super, apparently there's some kids need feeding...

I don't get to keep it. On Marcus though, rather ironic he grew up hungry under Labour.

super_realist

navyblueshorts, BlueCoverman and Soul Requiem like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:40 pm

Ironic as in the Alanis morrisette song?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:07 pm

super_realist wrote:
BlueCoverman wrote:Give the balance to Marcus super, apparently there's some kids need feeding...

I don't get to keep it. On Marcus though, rather ironic he grew up hungry under Labour.

Rashford was born in 1997. From age 12 or 13 he was raised under a Tory government.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:00 pm

super_realist wrote:

You'll see excuses by some that it was due to the failings of Conservative governments.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:07 pm

Not really sure what the argument is. Though here are figures regarding food bank usage. Make up your own minds.

https://twitter.com/BrynCleat/status/1320436470096764932?s=19

Also, if the argument is kids were hungry under a labour government so who cares about kids being hungry now. Its a pretty sh*t argument.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:50 am

McLaren wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Rashford was born in 1997. From age 12 or 13 he was raised under a Tory government.

So we just ignore his 12/13 years of going hungry under Labour then?
How old was he when he joined the Manchester United Academy Mac? It's almost certain he was cared for by them in his early teens. I thought you knew about football?

Ben, I'm making the point that this isn't a new thing and isn't solely the fault of "the big bad tories" as its being made out to be.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:00 am

Child hunger and poverty isn't a new thing. But, as the Trussell Trust chart shows, it is something that has increased significantly since the Tories came into power in 2010.

And, it is the big bad tories who all voted against helping out kids, so whatever happened in the past is irrelevant when they shot down a chance to help.

Its clearly been a massive own goal.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:04 am

I didn't say it didn't, but the way the  mainstream lefty media paint it, it's as if the streets were paved with gold under Labour.

Bottom line is life isn't great if you're poor regardless of who is in, you're going to still be poor. We've got foodbanks here in Scotland and we're under the National Scottish Socialists with their own tax raising powers. Why isn't my extra 1% being used to solve problems like this?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:16 am

beninho wrote:Child hunger and poverty isn't a new thing. But, as the Trussell Trust chart shows, it is something that has increased significantly since the Tories came into power in 2010.

And, it is the big bad tories who all voted against helping out kids, so whatever happened in the past is irrelevant when they shot down a chance to help.

Its clearly been a massive own goal.

No it doesn't, it shows that the Trussell Trust which started in 2000 (in the UK) has grown as a charity. I could easily using the same logic say that Child Hunger grew under Tony Blair considering TT didn't exist during the Major and Thatcher years it would be a fairly silly thing to suggest. Also have to take into account funding which grows when discussions around certain issues rise, far too simplistic to look at the numbers at face value.

Perhaps those parents who were living so close to the breadline prior to Covid-19 should consider whether bringing a child into the world makes economic sense, I can guarantee you that I put more research into buying a new car than some people do into becoming parents.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:31 am

Maybe we should forcibly sterilise poor people.
And fat people.
And people who we generally don't like.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:34 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Maybe we should forcibly sterilise poor people.
And fat people.
And people who we generally don't like.

What a disgraceful overreaction. Why is it unreasonable to expect people to make better decisions and have greater personal responsibility? How is it that society has got to the point where everything is someone else's fault and that the government has a responsibility to take care of everything?

-------

https://www.606v2.com/viewtopic.php?t=69816

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20