The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Djokovic´s Dilemma

+19
westisbest
Dolphin Ziggler
Pal Joey
RiscaGame
Duty281
TheRealDeal
Oioi
Born Slippy
slashermcguirk
lags72
superflyweight
Mind the windows Tino.
dummy_half
Soul Requiem
CaledonianCraig
JuliusHMarx
No name Bertie
sirfredperry
Henman Bill
23 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Djokovic´s Dilemma - Page 3 Empty Djokovic´s Dilemma

Post by Henman Bill Mon 29 Nov 2021, 1:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

Djokovic has spent a lot of time complaining about COVID restrictions during the pandemic. But I don´t recall him yet missing a big tournament as a result. For at least one tournament, I seem to recall it was the Olympics, he tried to imply or say he was very doubtful about attending, presumably in his attempt to use his star power to get at least some rules changed. When this didn't work, when they called him on his bluff about not attending, he folded and went anyway.

Now, he has got two choices, and neither seems great from his perspective and given his beliefs.

1. Get vaccinated and attend the Australian Open. This would be a total fold, a clear admission of bluffing, and a very clear admission that he has been trying to use his star power to get rule changes rather than genuinely not planning to attend. It's sort of an admission of defeat.

2. Don´t play the Australian Open. This means giving up on one of his best chances to retire with the most slams. His attendance at this event could yet make all the difference. This also risks the vaccination issue coming up over and over again at other tournaments. Will other slams have similar rules? Is he also prepared to miss them?

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Djokovic´s Dilemma - Page 3 Empty Re: Djokovic´s Dilemma

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 05 Jan 2022, 9:59 pm

Apparently his lawyers will appeal it - presumably he doesn't feel enough people hate him yet.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed 05 Jan 2022, 10:01 pm

This is brilliant and it's the right decision thankfully. The clown has to go home.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 05 Jan 2022, 10:04 pm

Our PM has just made an official statement..... on tw*tter.

Rules are rules.... No one is above these rules. etc.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Wed 05 Jan 2022, 10:14 pm

I suspect the visa ‘discrepancy’ was gratefully - and understandably - seized upon as an extremely convenient means for Border Authorities to effectively overturn the original and wholly-misguided decision ; a decision which had quickly come to be seen as aiding & abetting Djokovic in his quest to be free from those pesky vaccination rules rigorously enforced upon mere spectators at tennis & other sporting events within the country.

It’s been one helluva lot of trouble for all concerned ……. purely for the sake of avoiding a quick jab in the arm. But at least the tournament can go ahead without being blighted by what undoubtedly would have been massive controversy whenever he appeared on court.

One can only hope that Mr Djokovic has (finally) learnt something from this ridiculous charade. But then again  Whistle  Whistle  ………….

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by Oioi Wed 05 Jan 2022, 10:19 pm

I wonder if he could still make it to the tourney if he got jabbed as soon as he lands, sorts the paperwork, and took the next flight back to Australia? I put the odds of him doing that to pretty much zero anyway. This is a guy who spent a year resisting much needed career-saving elbow surgery because he doesn't believe in undertaking medical procedures (he thinks everything needs to be natural etc.).

Oioi

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Wed 05 Jan 2022, 11:06 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Apparently his lawyers will appeal it - presumably he doesn't feel enough people hate him yet.
You actually HATE Djokovic? How many others here would like to express their HATE for Djokovic?
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRealDeal Wed 05 Jan 2022, 11:12 pm

25 other tennis players were given the exemption. And had the same type of visa.
And none of them were either detained or returned home.

You can say what you like, but this is all a joke and it's not on the Djoker!

His dad is right- this is not his own fight any more, this is the fight for the whole freedom loving world.

And a far more worthy trophy to win.

TheRealDeal

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 05 Jan 2022, 11:13 pm

No, I would have thought it obvious that 'hate' is just a turn of phrase. I have very little respect for him and think he's a self-entitled d1ck. That's all. One of the best tennis players ever, clearly, but there's more to life than hitting a tennis ball very well.
To his credit he seems to be a better person than his father.

Last edited by JuliusHMarx on Wed 05 Jan 2022, 11:23 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Typo fixed - 'one of..')

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRealDeal Wed 05 Jan 2022, 11:17 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:No, I would have thought it obvious that 'hate' is just a turn of phrase. I have very little respect for him and think he's a self-entitled d1ck. That's all. Of the the best tennis players ever, clearly, but there's more to life than hitting a tennis ball very well.

He is. Last year he gave a million dollars to Australians to help when they had those nasty fires (and 2 to Italy during the pandemic, probably even more to Serbia etc) but hey...JuliusMarx of 606v2tennis section says Novak Djokovic is a "dick". Well done, mate!

TheRealDeal

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 05 Jan 2022, 11:19 pm

TheRealDeal wrote:25 other tennis players were given the exemption. And had the same type of visa.

His dad is right- this is not his own fight any more, this is the fight for the whole freedom loving world.

What a load of twaddle. The others appear to have followed the rules, Djoko didn't. But perhaps his biggest mistake was to gloat on Twitter than he was on his way to Aus, thus disrespecting a vast majority of the people living in Victoria, not caring one bit about those who have suffered from the pandemic. No wonder they wanted to boot him out - maybe it was the power of the people that did for him.
"A fight for the whole freedom loving world". I love freedom and Djoko certainly doesn't represent the freedom I love. He represents the freedom of the self-entitled elite to do as they please, regardless of what rules they fail to follow.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Dolphin Ziggler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 05 Jan 2022, 11:21 pm

TheRealDeal wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:No, I would have thought it obvious that 'hate' is just a turn of phrase. I have very little respect for him and think he's a self-entitled d1ck. That's all. Of the the best tennis players ever, clearly, but there's more to life than hitting a tennis ball very well.

He is. Last year he gave a million dollars to Australians to help when they had those nasty fires (and 2 to Italy during the pandemic, probably even more to Serbia etc) but hey...JuliusMarx of 606v2tennis section says Novak Djokovic is a "dick". Well done, mate!

Yes, I do think he's a dick. Jimmy Saville raised loads of money for charity - I'm not too fond of him either.
Interesting attempt to belittle my view - oooh I'm only a poster on the internet. Sorry, and you are?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 05 Jan 2022, 11:24 pm

TheRealDeal wrote:25 other tennis players were given the exemption. And had the same type of visa.

I believe he was one of what has been described as a handful who were accepted among 26 applications. Not all players.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Wed 05 Jan 2022, 11:24 pm

I think the medical exemptions was anonymized - apparently they dealt with many requests. It seems clear that the Australian authorities didn't want Djokovic at their tournament and without the visa mistake would have had to accept him. The visa issue seems very minor but they are using it to send him back. Separate to this I have for some time felt that international travel to Australia to host such tournaments should have banned some time ago unless done by sailing boat.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 05 Jan 2022, 11:25 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

I believe he was one of what has been described as a handful who were accepted among 26 applications. Not all players.

This is correct - not all of the 'handful' were players. Some were officials.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 05 Jan 2022, 11:29 pm

No name Bertie wrote:I think the medical exemptions was anonymized - apparently they dealt with many requests.  It seems clear that the Australian authorities didn't want Djokovic at their tournament and without the visa mistake would have had to accept him.  The visa issue seems very minor but they are using it to send him back.   Separate to this I have for some time felt that international travel to Australia to host such tournaments should have banned some time ago unless done by sailing boat.

Aussies are pretty tight with these things. They're not gonna make an exception if he's screwed up, especially under this microscope and this pressure.

You don't take the piss with their authorities, it's far more casual here (and most places) I've been compared to Australia.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRealDeal Wed 05 Jan 2022, 11:31 pm

No name Bertie wrote:I think the medical exemptions was anonymized - apparently they dealt with many requests.  It seems clear that the Australian authorities didn't want Djokovic at their tournament and without the visa mistake would have had to accept him.  The visa issue seems very minor but they are using it to send him back.   Separate to this I have for some time felt that international travel to Australia to host such tournaments should have banned some time ago unless done by sailing boat.

Apparently all of the 26 given the exemption made the "visa mistake", but none had them cancelled.

Wake up, people.

TheRealDeal

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 05 Jan 2022, 11:34 pm

TheRealDeal wrote:

Apparently all of the 26 given the exemption made the "visa mistake", but none had them cancelled.

Reliable source for that?
Even if true, the others didn't give the people of Victoria a reason to rise up against him. No-one to blame but himself and his own hubris.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Wed 05 Jan 2022, 11:34 pm

It has all turned out to be a bit of a mess and a journalist jackpot.  Not sure how Djokovic's reputation can be salvaged.  I suppose he is going to be a very divisive topic moving forward.  Some might sympathize others will not.  Maybe the papers can poll their readers.

TheRealDeal wrote:Apparently all of the 26 given the exemption made the "visa mistake", but none had them cancelled....
If true I think they will all have to be sent back - the media would demand it.

Last edited by No name Bertie on Wed 05 Jan 2022, 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRealDeal Wed 05 Jan 2022, 11:35 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

Aussies are pretty tight with these things. They're not gonna make an exception if he's screwed up, especially under this microscope and this pressure.

You don't take the piss with their authorities, it's far more casual here (and most places) I've been compared to Australia.

I see, Australia and their government are now allowed to talk about.

It's the biggest police state in the world and it doesn't surprise me that Julian Assange came from there.

TheRealDeal

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 05 Jan 2022, 11:37 pm

Bigger than North Korea? Wow, I didn't know that. Thanks for the insight.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Wed 05 Jan 2022, 11:38 pm

Let's not get too emotionally invested in this. Djokovic will survive and will probably end up a billionaire in the not too distant future.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 05 Jan 2022, 11:40 pm

No name Bertie wrote:Let's not get too emotionally invested in this.   Djokovic will survive and will probably end up a billionaire in the not too distant future.

"not get too emotionally invested"? My God, man, don't you realise it's a fight for the whole freedom loving world!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Wed 05 Jan 2022, 11:41 pm

I think these tennis players should get a proper job in the green industry (we can't have them working down the coal mines these days).
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 05 Jan 2022, 11:43 pm

What's wrong with a dinghy?

Agree with you though.

It would have been better if the England cricket team had left Southampton by sailing boat in mid-August. Then stopped over in Aden, Goa and Malacca before finally disembarking at Darwin. Plenty of time on board the sailing boat for deck quoits, badminton, card games and also a bit of outdoor net practice (weather permitting).

Then it's only a short 72 hour bus trip across the Simpson Desert arriving at the Gold Coast in late October. Then they could have played a few proper practice matches before the 1st Test. Provided, of course, all the proper paperwork was in place. Which it all was - much to their credit.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 05 Jan 2022, 11:45 pm

Pal Joey wrote:

Agree with you though.

It would have been better if the England cricket team had left Southampton by sailing boat in mid-August. Then stopped over in Aden, Goa and Malacca before finally disembarking at Darwin. Plenty of time on board the sailing boat for deck quoits, badminton, card games and also a bit of outdoor net practice (weather permitting).

Then it's only a short 72 hour bus trip across the Simpson Desert arriving at the Gold Coast in late October. Then they could have played a few proper practice matches before the 1st Test. Provided, of course, all the proper paperwork was in place. Which it all was - much to their credit.

Actually, that would have been better preparation for the Ashes than we had.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 05 Jan 2022, 11:53 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Agree with you though.

Actually, that would have been better preparation for the Ashes than we had.

It worked very well in the old days. For us too.

Bradman used all that time at sea to read thousands of telegrams from adoring fans and then respond to each and every one of them and also put some thoughts down in his Daily Tour Journal.

And he still had plenty of time for deck quoits, badminton, cards and some batting practice in the improvised nets on deck.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Thu 06 Jan 2022, 12:01 am

TheRealDeal wrote:

Wake up, people.

Hmmm…. ‘Wake up people’ ……. ??  Headscratch

I doubt your arguments will gain credibility whilst you’re distorting facts - whether wilfully or otherwise.

Exemptions were not granted to 26 individuals, as is clear from this comment made by AO Director Craig Tiley :

Craig Tiley says out of 26 anonymous exemption applications made by players and support staff, only a "handful" were granted”

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-05/authorities-respond-to-novak-djokovic-decision/100738780

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 06 Jan 2022, 12:20 am

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/why-novak-djokovic-s-visa-was-rejected-20220106-p59m9a.html

I can't vouch for the accuracy of this article but it does seem well-researched. If I read it rightly, it seems Djoko may recently have had Covid (again!) and argued that this meant he didn't need a vaccine. The Aussie federal authorities rejected this because 1. That isn't necessarily a valid reason for an exemption and 2. He has had ample time before that to get vaccinated but chose not to.

It is unclear why other people's applications were approved - perhaps their circumstances were different, perhaps their keeping quiet about it may have been to their benefit.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 06 Jan 2022, 12:26 am

Aussies are angry in the wrong direction. They should be angry at their clueless government, not at a tennis player.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 06 Jan 2022, 12:34 am

Duty281 wrote:Aussies are angry in the wrong direction. They should be angry at their clueless government, not at a tennis player.

Odd, you're usually one of the first to condemn illegal immigrants.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 06 Jan 2022, 12:38 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Aussies are angry in the wrong direction. They should be angry at their clueless government, not at a tennis player.

We must all show our love in these tough times.

But maybe Djokovic should apply for asylum in Australia? That wouldn't be illegal then, would it?

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 06 Jan 2022, 12:42 am

Duty281 wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

But maybe Djokovic should apply for asylum in Australia? That wouldn't be illegal then, would it?

Where were you when he needed you a few hours ago?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 06 Jan 2022, 12:47 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Where were you when he needed you a few hours ago?

My phone was switched off. Plus, I also think Djokovic is a d1ck.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 06 Jan 2022, 7:55 am

25 other individuals not necessarily players applied for the exemption and secondly where did you make up the same type of visa lie from?

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 06 Jan 2022, 8:29 am

Djokovic’s lawyers have secured an interim injunction which prevents authorities from deporting him until Monday, when a court hearing is scheduled.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis/novak-djokovic-launches-court-bid-to-fight-deportation-20220106-p59mdp.html

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Jan 2022, 9:11 am

The French and British should follow suit. Djokovic a delusional moron should be exiled from the tour.

Back to top Go down

Post by slashermcguirk Thu 06 Jan 2022, 9:29 am

It will be interesting to see what happens to the other players who got medical exemptions, presumably they will all now be sent home too. I think they have made a right balls of this.

they should have just said no vaccination, no play. I think they have opened a can of worms with these exemptions. No doubt people will now want to know who got the other exemptions. What I am confused about is what was the issue with Djokovic, was it his exemption or was it his Visa?

I think this could play out for a while. Whatever peoples views of Novak, if he was given a medical exemption and told he could travel then he technically played by the rules. I am not saying I agree with that approach but it is what it is. However he was told he could travel because he passed the exemption but then he is turned away, that is ridiculous. I will be curious to see what happens to the other players on exemptions because it wont sit well if they are just making an example of him and not following through with others if their exemptions dont stack up. Very hard to know what is happening

slashermcguirk

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 06 Jan 2022, 9:32 am

Trying to enter a country on the wrong visa is not playing by the rules.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Thu 06 Jan 2022, 10:22 am

Slasher

From what I've read, it seems Djokovic and his team applied for the wrong type of visa, although it isn't entirely clear whether this was the wrong visa BECAUSE of his lack of vaccination status or some other admin issue.

There also seems to be some disparity between the state of Victoria and AO rules permitting an exception for people who have had COVID recently and quarantine prior to the tournament, and the Australian Gov, who aren't permitting this as an exemption for entering the country.

Of course we don't know what the other 'handful' of exemptions are based on, but if these are for officials and members of players entourages there is a reasonable likelihood that some are unvaccinated for legitimate medical reasons.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Oioi Thu 06 Jan 2022, 11:02 am

The "handful" of other players and staff that have received exemptions shouldn't necessarily receive the same treatment that Djokovic is receiving now since they may have VALID medical reasons not to get the vaccine. The issue people have with Djokovic specifically is that we know he has openly said he doesn't want to have the vaccine and there is hence deserved skepticism of his apparent, and rather convenient "medical" reasons not to get it. His gloating post on social media also had a horrible tinge of arrogance like "I won suckers, I didn't cave and get the vaccine sheeple, let's goooo!" So who honestly believes he meets the criteria for exemption? Let us remember that none of this would have happened if he simply had a little jab, it was his decision to not do this and try to find a much less certain back door route.

Oioi

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Thu 06 Jan 2022, 12:23 pm

“In some way, I feel sorry for him but he knew the conditions months ago,” Nadal said after making a successful comeback to action with a straight-sets win at the Melbourne Summer Set. “I don’t encourage nobody. Everyone has to do what they feel is good for them but there are rules and without the vaccine there can be some troubles. He’s free to take his own position, but then there are consequences.

“Of course what’s happening is not good for Novak, in my opinion,” the Spaniard added. “[But] if you are vaccinated, you can play in the Australian Open. We have been going through very challenging [time]. A lot of families have been suffering in the last three years. It’s normal that people here in Australia get very frustrated with the case because they have been going through all of very hard times.

“A lot of people were not able to come back home, so from my point of view I believe in what the people who know about medicine say. If the people say we need to get vaccinated, we need to get the vaccine. If you do this, you don’t have any problem to play here.”

Source: Quoted in the Guardian.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 06 Jan 2022, 12:59 pm

Henman Bill wrote:“In some way, I feel sorry for him but he knew the conditions months ago,” Nadal said after making a successful comeback to action with a straight-sets win at the Melbourne Summer Set. “I don’t encourage nobody. Everyone has to do what they feel is good for them but there are rules and without the vaccine there can be some troubles. He’s free to take his own position, but then there are consequences.

“Of course what’s happening is not good for Novak, in my opinion,” the Spaniard added. “[But] if you are vaccinated, you can play in the Australian Open. We have been going through very challenging [time]. A lot of families have been suffering in the last three years. It’s normal that people here in Australia get very frustrated with the case because they have been going through all of very hard times.

“A lot of people were not able to come back home, so from my point of view I believe in what the people who know about medicine say. If the people say we need to get vaccinated, we need to get the vaccine. If you do this, you don’t have any problem to play here.”

Source: Quoted in the Guardian.

He's actually quite fluent in English, isn't he? (apart from the 'nobody' bit.)

I always thought so! Very Happy

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by slashermcguirk Thu 06 Jan 2022, 1:01 pm

Oloi, why would other players not receive the same treatment? How do any of us know if their cases are legit? Just assuming Djokovic is the only one is naive. They clearly saw the backlash and have made sure he didnt get in. Again I am in agreement that I think Djokovic should have got vaccinated if he wanted to play. However, I as well as am sure many others will now wonder how the others got in and how legit their medical exemptions were. Of course the media focus is on Djokovic, they hound him at every opportunity anyway, admittedly sometimes its self inflicted.

I think Djokovic simply shouldnt have travelled if not vaccinated. What is not clear now is who else did get in and how legit were their cases. I think to just assume he was the only one without a legit case is crazy.

Also lets remember that the rules stated you are either vaccinated or you have an exemption. He must have been told he had an exemption and that is why he said he got one and why he travelled to Australia. If its a simple Visa mistake, then thats the fault of Djokovic and his team or whoever sorted out the Visa. The truth is none of us are really any the wiser but it feels like there are a number of mistakes made here and who is to know if Novak is the only one that should be the area of focus.

slashermcguirk

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 06 Jan 2022, 1:27 pm

No name Bertie wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Apparently his lawyers will appeal it - presumably he doesn't feel enough people hate him yet.
You actually HATE Djokovic?  How many others here would like to express their HATE for Djokovic?

I don’t hate him. Not huge fan. I wouldn’t put him down as a ‘character’ in the game.

Glad though he was told to leave Australia. The rules apply to everyone, no matter what walk of life you are from.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 06 Jan 2022, 2:56 pm

Easy to understand why Djokovic is a self obsessed tool when you read his parents statement about 'being held a prisoner'.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 06 Jan 2022, 3:12 pm

His parents are very dislikeable. He's not a prisoner - he can fly home whenever he wants. He's actually chosen to be placed in a quarantine hotel.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Henman Bill likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Thu 06 Jan 2022, 5:51 pm

His mother has apparently now weighed in, with claims that her son is being treated in a way that is “not human

Is there no end to the self-entitled complaining and exaggeration by this family …….. ?

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 06 Jan 2022, 6:16 pm

Australia are now under some deep political pressure because the Serbian government are reacting angrily.

This could be the end of Djokovic's career, as it's difficult to envisage most other tournaments allowing him entry to the country e.g. the French Open and the US Open for the foreseeable future.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Thu 06 Jan 2022, 7:06 pm

Djoko could have avoided all this by having the jab(s).

Equally, Australia could have avoided all this by sticking to their "no jab - no can play" stance instead of muddying the waters by introducing exemptions.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Thu 06 Jan 2022, 7:20 pm

Apparently Djokovic is still in Australia appealing the deportation order - hearing Monday.  If he gets deported then usually that means he won't be allowed to travel to Australia for a long period of time (several years).  It also seems to have consequences if he wants to travel to other countries.

Also a couple of other people are now under review having got in under a medical exemption similar to Djokovic.   The medical exemption was approved by the State of Victoria, but Australian Federal government have now stepped in. Apparently there was a huge uproar by the Australian Media and the majority of Australian citizens were also angry - given everything they have been through (lockdowns etc).
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next