The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

URC Round 18

+12
TAFKA The Oracle
LeinsterFan4life
RiscaGame
Hazel Sapling
mikey_dragon
Kingshu
geoff999rugby
carpet baboon
demosthenes
Welshmushroom
Oakdene
thebandwagonsociety
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

URC Round 18 Empty URC Round 18

Post by thebandwagonsociety Tue 18 Apr 2023, 1:55 pm

Friday
Stormers v Bennetton
Ulster v Edinburgh

Saturday
Lions v Zebre

Bulls v Leinster
Dragons v Scarlets

Sharks v Munster
Ospreys v Cardiff

Glasgow v Connacht

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

URC Round 18 Empty Re: URC Round 18

Post by thebandwagonsociety Tue 18 Apr 2023, 2:03 pm

This weekend

FRIDAY NIGHT

Stormers, currently 3rd could pinch second from Ulster who are 1 point ahead of them but highly unlikely to get caught by Glasgow who are 5 points behind (and 31 points diff worse off).
There is a 5 point gap between Benetton in 9th and Sharks in 8th (and a points differential of 83 points too). The highest a welsh region can finish is 9th, so that last european place will go to the welsh rather than the holder of 8th anyway.

Any form of a win keeps Ulster in 2nd place, they can't catch Leinster. Edinburgh could end up anywhere from 9th to 14th. None of those placings will result in Champions cup (unless the format changes!)

Both games are on the Friday night, is kick-off the same or will the timezones put an hour between these?

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Tue 18 Apr 2023, 2:05 pm

Saturday - Lions v Zebre

Lions can finish anywhere from 9th through to 13th place.. None of those placings will result in Champions cup (unless the format changes!)

Zebre to snatch a win at the end of the season?....... probably no.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Tue 18 Apr 2023, 2:10 pm

Saturday;
Dragons v Scarlets
Ospreys v Cardiff

None are currently in or can make the top 8. However the Welsh regions get a HCup spot.
Currently Cardiff are in the drivers seat. However Ospreys could beat Cardiff with a bonus to go one point in front and snag the place.
If Osprey were to get a 4 point win and Scarlets get a TBP win against Dragons then the rule book will get dusted off as things get very close. Especially if Cardiff pick up a LBP or TBP in a loss!!

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Tue 18 Apr 2023, 2:16 pm

thebandwagonsociety wrote:Saturday;
Dragons v Scarlets
Ospreys v Cardiff

None are currently in or can make the top 8. However the Welsh regions get a HCup spot.
Currently Cardiff are in the drivers seat. However Ospreys could beat Cardiff with a bonus to go one point in front and snag the place.
If Osprey were to get a 4 point win and Scarlets get a TBP win against Dragons then the rule book will get dusted off as things get very close. Especially if Cardiff pick up a LBP or TBP in a loss!!

If Cardiff get a BP they win the shield regardless as it comes down to matches won. Scarlets cannot win the shield for that reason. Only way the Ospreys can win the shield is to pick up 5 match points & stop Cardiff getting any.

Oakdene

thebandwagonsociety likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Tue 18 Apr 2023, 2:22 pm

Saturday
Bulls v Leinster
Sharks v Munster
Glasgow v Connacht

Because of the welsh shield getting a HCup spot, these three games should played at the same kick-off time and triple-boxed.
Leinster are throwing the youngsters out onto the field for slaughter.
The other 5 teams are currently 4th Glasgow, 5th Munster, 6th Connacht, 7th Bulls and 8th Sharks.
Whoever is lowest placed out of these 5 by end of Saturday lose out on HCup spot. (that could be any of Connacht, Bulls or Sharks)

Glasgow and Munster have a home seeding in the playoff to aim for. Neither can drop as far as 8th so they definitely make HCup and some form of playoff.

The Bulls play earlier in the day to the rest so they will leave a score on the board to be beaten by the rest. I'd expect them to make a statement.

If they do then Sharks (at home) and Connacht (on the road) are scrapping to stay out of that 8th position.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Tue 18 Apr 2023, 2:51 pm

Am I right in saying that this is the final year of the shield winners being given a Champions Cup spot?

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Tue 18 Apr 2023, 3:03 pm

Oakdene wrote:Am I right in saying that this is the final year of the shield winners being given a Champions Cup spot?

At the moment yes. The Welsh qualifying route was only open for 2 seasons. I'm assuming the Regions will ask for this to continue but the difference this time is that all Unions need to agree this time in order for it to continue and the Irish Union did not vote in favor of this last time out. In order for it to pass again this time round all have to vote in favor which I don't think will happen.

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Tue 18 Apr 2023, 3:13 pm

Welshmushroom wrote:
Oakdene wrote:Am I right in saying that this is the final year of the shield winners being given a Champions Cup spot?

At the moment yes.  The Welsh qualifying route was only open for 2 seasons.  I'm assuming the Regions will ask for this to continue but the difference this time is that all Unions need to agree this time in order for it to continue and the Irish Union did not vote in favor of this last time out.  In order for it to pass again this time round all have to vote in favor which I don't think will happen.  

I wonder if that could be negotiated?

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by demosthenes Tue 18 Apr 2023, 5:05 pm

thebandwagonsociety wrote:Saturday
Bulls v Leinster
Sharks v Munster
Glasgow v Connacht

Because of the welsh shield getting a HCup spot, these three games should played at the same kick-off time and triple-boxed.
Leinster are throwing the youngsters out onto the field for slaughter.
The other 5 teams are currently 4th Glasgow, 5th Munster, 6th Connacht, 7th Bulls and 8th Sharks.
Whoever is lowest placed out of these 5 by end of Saturday lose out on HCup spot. (that could be any of Connacht, Bulls or Sharks)

Glasgow and Munster have a home seeding in the playoff to aim for.
Neither can drop as far as 8th so they definitely make HCup and some form of playoff.

The Bulls play earlier in the day to the rest so they will leave a score on the board to be beaten by the rest. I'd expect them to make a statement.

If they do then Sharks (at home) and Connacht (on the road) are scrapping to stay out of that 8th position.

I understood Glasgow have the home seeding as Munster can't catch them. Even if Glasgow lose and Munster get 5 points, Glasgow have won more games

demosthenes

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Tue 18 Apr 2023, 6:15 pm

thebandwagonsociety wrote:
Welshmushroom wrote:

At the moment yes.  The Welsh qualifying route was only open for 2 seasons.  I'm assuming the Regions will ask for this to continue but the difference this time is that all Unions need to agree this time in order for it to continue and the Irish Union did not vote in favor of this last time out.  In order for it to pass again this time round all have to vote in favor which I don't think will happen.  

I wonder if that could be negotiated?

With enough incentive (money) anything and everything is negotiable

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Tue 18 Apr 2023, 7:10 pm

It cant be negotiated it was only agreed by Ireland and South Africa on condition it ended this year.

Does Welsh rugby have enough money to deny an Irish or South African team a slot in the Heineken Cup Whistle
Its not going to happen - merit only from here on in.

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Tue 18 Apr 2023, 10:40 pm

I thought it was a 2 years then negotiables.
IRFU and SA ruby will what it merit based, WRU will want guarenteed spot as they are going to be propping up the bottom half of the league for the forseeable.
FIR prob have better chance of getting team in Top 8 than either finishing above both Scottish sides, or getting into top 7.
SRU prob doesn't make a difference. As finishing above the other Scottish team and both Italian should be a top 8 spot anyway, But top 8 rather than top 7 may make it more realistic in getting two teams in.
And I think CVC will have a say. Top 8 may make better TV, but having the Welsh sides have something to play for may generate more intrest in Wales. Not sure on them.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Tue 18 Apr 2023, 10:47 pm

Just out of intrest if a team finishes 8th, which means no HCup spot, goes into the playoffs and ends up winning the URC. Do they take the 7th teams HCup spot? Or do we end up with the URC champions in the Challange Cup?

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 19 Apr 2023, 9:06 am

I think Ospreys will beat Cardiff with a bonus point, they're strong up front and Cardiff are too underpowered.

Dragons vs Scarlets, well it is our 'home game' so I think Dragons by 50.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Wed 19 Apr 2023, 9:16 am

mikey_dragon wrote:I think Ospreys will beat Cardiff with a bonus point, they're strong up front and Cardiff are too underpowered.

Dragons vs Scarlets, well it is our 'home game' so I think Dragons by 50.

Ospreys haven't been firing for a little while now, I've gone for a draw in that match.

I don't think we will go full strength against you lot but I think we will win by 10.

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Wed 19 Apr 2023, 9:26 am

Some interesting games this weekend. The boldest prediction I would be willing to give is Leinster will lose its only game this season against the Bulls away.

Beyond that, I can't see Edinburgh or Benetton pulling off away upsets. The season is done for both of them.

I don't know if Glasgow will go for it, personally I hope not. Connacht could overtake Munster if both they and the Sharks win based on number of wins.

As for the rest, no Welsh region in the top 10 is damning. If Ospreys win, that is guaranteed. I guess the nice thing for the Welsh national squad is finishing early means they get a bit of a summer before pre-season begins in earnest.

Kingshu wrote:Just out of intrest if a team finishes 8th, which means no HCup spot, goes into the playoffs and ends up winning the URC. Do they take the 7th teams HCup spot? Or do we end up with the URC champions in the Challange Cup?

URC champions get in and 7th place misses out. I really hope the league moves on from shield mattering for anything other than pride. Champions Cup should be a reward for team success

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Wed 19 Apr 2023, 9:30 am

Hazel Sapling wrote:Some interesting games this weekend. The boldest prediction I would be willing to give is Leinster will lose its only game this season against the Bulls away.

Beyond that, I can't see Edinburgh or Benetton pulling off away upsets. The season is done for both of them.

I don't know if Glasgow will go for it, personally I hope not. Connacht could overtake Munster if both they and the Sharks win based on number of wins.

As for the rest, no Welsh region in the top 10 is damning. If Ospreys win, that is guaranteed. I guess the nice thing for the Welsh national squad is finishing early means they get a bit of a summer before pre-season begins in earnest.

Kingshu wrote:Just out of intrest if a team finishes 8th, which means no HCup spot, goes into the playoffs and ends up winning the URC. Do they take the 7th teams HCup spot? Or do we end up with the URC champions in the Challange Cup?

URC champions get in and 7th place misses out. I really hope the league moves on from shield mattering for anything other than pride. Champions Cup should be a reward for team success

TBH given all the unrest off the pitch I am just amazed we will have got the season finished. I can't imagine what it has been like for the regional players at the tail end of 2022, who are out of contract in the summer, not knowing if they are going to have a deal - risking injury which could mean they won't get picked up by another team.

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Wed 19 Apr 2023, 9:42 am

Agree Oakdene. Still a lot to be resolved in terms of squads for next season too, which is not good at all.

In terms of Dragons, I can’t see us turning up here. We generally don’t do very well at the farce that is Judgement Day either, so I expect even less.

I did read that a few players leaving, like Sam Davies, Huw Taylor and Ben Fry might get a last hurrah, before they leave. I guess that’ll be bench (if anything) for most, but I wonder if Sam might start, with Will Reed being given to Newport for their cup final?

RiscaGame

Oakdene likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Wed 19 Apr 2023, 10:09 am

RiscaGame wrote:Agree Oakdene. Still a lot to be resolved in terms of squads for next season too, which is not good at all.

In terms of Dragons, I can’t see us turning up here. We generally don’t do very well at the farce that is Judgement Day either, so I expect even less.

I did read that a few players leaving, like Sam Davies, Huw Taylor and Ben Fry might get a last hurrah, before they leave. I guess that’ll be bench (if anything) for most, but I wonder if Sam might start, with Will Reed being given to Newport for their cup final?

I agree, I can't see any of the regions bettering their performance this season in the URC really.

Speaking of Sam Davies, did you see his reply to a Cardiff fan on Twitter who bemoaned Ioan Lloyd not joing Cardiff & then saying "If we end up with Same Davies, Im going to be pissed off".

Sam replied "Not to worry, that won't be me. Hope that puts your mind at ease" laughing laughing laughing

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Wed 19 Apr 2023, 10:12 am

How many tickets have been sold for judgement day so far?

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Wed 19 Apr 2023, 10:18 am

My understanding is if a team wins the Heineken Cup, the Challenge Cup or the URC playoffs they are all guaranteed a place in the following years Heineken Cup.
In additions if two shields dominant the top 8 places the two Shield winners from the lower two shields are also guaranteed a place.
By my maths that means only 4 teams are guaranteed a Heineken Cup place from league positions.
Theoretical to be sure.

Next year you take away the Shield guarantees and it still means only 5 are guaranteed a Heineken Cup place.

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Wed 19 Apr 2023, 12:02 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:How many tickets have been sold for judgement day so far?

Not sure - Probably wont be the ticket sales of previous ones. I've gone to all of them previously but I'm sure the ticket price doubling to £20 from £10 will have a fairly big impact. I used to buy 7 each year and invite friends some of whom liked a pint but were not that fussed on going to watch 2 double headers of rugby. This year I can't justify paying £140 those same tickets. Granted this is a unique case but I would have thought this to some degree will impact attendance numbers.

Seems a bit short sighted to me given they still charge a fiver a pint and the beer money alone from the extra crowds would have made up for the lowering of the tickets.

It's decisions like this why Welsh Rugby is in such a mess.

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Wed 19 Apr 2023, 12:03 pm

Welshmushroom wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:How many tickets have been sold for judgement day so far?

Not sure - Probably wont be the ticket sales of previous ones.  I've gone to all of them previously but I'm sure the ticket price doubling to £20 from £10 will have a fairly big impact.  I used to buy 7 each year and invite friends some of whom liked a pint but were not that fussed on going to watch 2 double headers of rugby.  This year I can't justify paying £140 those same tickets.  Granted this is a unique case but I would have thought this to some degree will impact attendance numbers.

Seems a bit short sighted to me given they still charge a fiver a pint and the beer money alone from the extra crowds would have made up for the lowering of the tickets.

Also I would imagine a lot of Scarlets fans will prefer to save their hard earned cash to pay for tickets the following week at home to Glasgow.

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by TAFKA The Oracle Wed 19 Apr 2023, 1:14 pm

Welshmushroom wrote:

Not sure - Probably wont be the ticket sales of previous ones.  I've gone to all of them previously but I'm sure the ticket price doubling to £20 from £10 will have a fairly big impact.  I used to buy 7 each year and invite friends some of whom liked a pint but were not that fussed on going to watch 2 double headers of rugby.  This year I can't justify paying £140 those same tickets.  Granted this is a unique case but I would have thought this to some degree will impact attendance numbers.

£20? I was changed £25 by my club! We're taking our mini and juniors to be guard of honour. They get in free but I've had to pay £25! Must be extra specials seats, right?! Shocked

TAFKA The Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post by TAFKA The Oracle Wed 19 Apr 2023, 1:25 pm

Oh dear, the fun police have removed my banter with the Scarlets fans Sad

TAFKA The Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Wed 19 Apr 2023, 1:39 pm

TAFKA The Oracle wrote:Oh dear, the fun police have removed my banter with the Scarlets fans Sad

Very Happy

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Wed 19 Apr 2023, 1:48 pm

TAFKA The Oracle wrote:
Welshmushroom wrote:

£20?  I was changed £25 by my club!  We're taking our mini and juniors to be guard of honour.  They get in free but I've had to pay £25!  Must be extra specials seats, right?! Shocked

Looks like your right. Its up from £20 to £25. That's shocked me a bit. At that price they will be lucky to get a 25K attendance.

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Wed 19 Apr 2023, 2:03 pm

Welshmushroom wrote:
TAFKA The Oracle wrote:
Welshmushroom wrote:

£20?  I was changed £25 by my club!  We're taking our mini and juniors to be guard of honour.  They get in free but I've had to pay £25!  Must be extra specials seats, right?! Shocked

Looks like your right.  Its up from £20 to £25.   That's shocked me a bit.  At that price they will be lucky to get a 25K attendance.

All 3 tiers are open by the looks of it....

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Wed 19 Apr 2023, 2:35 pm

Ticket Master is showing only a couple of blocks open on the third tier.

And it looks to me its showing still quite a few tickets available behind the posts in the bottom and mid tier. Also mid tier in all 4 corners look like over 50% of tickets are available.

Given the MS stadium stats as follows:-
Overall (Seated) 73,931 Spectators
Upper Tier 35,151 Spectators Level 6
Middle Tier 15,626 Spectators Levels 4 & 5
Lower Tier 23,154 Spectators

So with a fully seated bottom and mid tier your looking at 38K attendance. And given the amount of tickets still available in those tiers outlined above they probably are sat around the 30K mark. That's a massive numbers drop compared to the last 2 judgement day crowds. So I think the ticket price increase really has had a impact.

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Wed 19 Apr 2023, 2:37 pm

Welshmushroom wrote:Ticket Master is showing only a couple of blocks open on the third tier.

And it looks to me its showing still quite a few tickets available behind the posts in the bottom and mid tier. Also mid tier in all 4 corners look like over 50% of tickets are available.

Upper Tier                35,151 Spectators Level 6
Middle Tier        15,626 Spectators Levels 4 & 5
Lower Tier                23,154 Spectators

So with a fully seated bottom and mid tier your looking at 38K attendance.  And given the amount of tickets still available in those tiers outlined above they probably are sat around the 30K mark.  That's a massive numbers drop compared to the last 2 judgement day crowds.  So I think the ticket price increase really has had a impact.

I always think this would be a great curtain raiser for the season.

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Wed 19 Apr 2023, 2:42 pm

TAFKA The Oracle wrote:Oh dear, the fun police have removed my banter with the Scarlets fans Sad

I didn’t want to have to respond to the thread and disrupt the flow, but it was complained about, so it was removed. I don’t see the issue?

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Wed 19 Apr 2023, 2:54 pm

£25 pound seems reasonable to me to be honest. 2 games in a nice stadium. If you think that's bad you should see the price Leinster charge whenever they play in the Aviva Shocked

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by TAFKA The Oracle Wed 19 Apr 2023, 3:37 pm

RiscaGame wrote:

I didn’t want to have to respond to the thread and disrupt the flow, but it was complained about, so it was removed. I don’t see the issue?

The banter the Scots have with each other over on the Scottish club thread is great, referring to each other as Luvvies and the great unwashed, etc.  Good inter-club banter and that's why they've had over 20 threads I guess.  Try it between Welsh fans and the posts get pulled. Which is why there's not much chat I guess.  Rolling Eyes

TAFKA The Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Wed 19 Apr 2023, 4:57 pm

They can all have threads without complaints too. Good luck to them.

What would you do, if there was a complaint about a post? Just because your post suited your humour, it doesn’t have to suit everybody else’s. I’m not sure joking about unemployment was the best course of action, but probably would’ve left it had it not received a complaint. It was complained about (any other mod can back me up there) and so I removed it.

As I said, I didn’t want to disrupt the thread, but for some reason you need massive justification. I know you were aiming for banter, but the post was complained about.

I don’t really see the need to keep discussing it on this thread.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by TAFKA The Oracle Wed 19 Apr 2023, 5:07 pm

RiscaGame wrote:They can all have threads without complaints too. Good luck to them.

What would you do, if there was a complaint about a post? Just because your post suited your humour, it doesn’t have to suit everybody else’s. I’m not sure joking about unemployment was the best course of action, but probably would’ve left it had it not received a complaint. It was complained about (any other mod can back me up there) and so I removed it.

As I said, I didn’t want to disrupt the thread, but for some reason you need massive justification. I know you were aiming for banter, but the post was complained about.

I don’t really see the need to keep discussing it on this thread.

Really?

TAFKA The Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 19 Apr 2023, 5:39 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:£25 pound seems reasonable to me to be honest. 2 games in a nice stadium. If you think that's bad you should see the price Leinster charge whenever they play in the Aviva Shocked

Good price for two games. I payed £19 for one ticket when I last went to a home game at RP. I think people are somewhat concerned about what product on the field they are getting for £25….

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by TAFKA The Oracle Wed 19 Apr 2023, 5:49 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:£25 pound seems reasonable to me to be honest. 2 games in a nice stadium. If you think that's bad you should see the price Leinster charge whenever they play in the Aviva Shocked

I think it’s reasonable too, LeinsterFan. 2 games, derbies, big event. But a low turnout, if it is a low turnout, will just show the apathy in Welsh rugby unfortunately. Deep down I think a lot of attendance issues are because people just can’t be ar5ed to go and have fallen out of love with the game! And that’s absolutely fine, it’s the reason I rarely attend the Dragons these days. Still love them and love watching them, mostly on TV. But sometimes I just prefer doing other things than standing in the cold and rain drinking crap beer  Laugh

Anyway, the boys in our M&J teams are really excited for this, so that’s the main thing. I’m quite looking forward to it. The Dragons v Scarlets game there last time (2019?) was a cracker. Tovey winning it with the last kick I think. We do lose home advantage, granted. But it adds something a bit different to what has been a pretty dull season from a Dragons point of view.

TAFKA The Oracle

LeinsterFan4life likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Thu 20 Apr 2023, 9:17 am

Oakdene wrote:
Welshmushroom wrote:Ticket Master is showing only a couple of blocks open on the third tier.

So with a fully seated bottom and mid tier your looking at 38K attendance.  And given the amount of tickets still available in those tiers outlined above they probably are sat around the 30K mark.  That's a massive numbers drop compared to the last 2 judgement day crowds.  So I think the ticket price increase really has had a impact.

I agree with this. I could also see it as viable at the Christmas break given how many people look for family activities for the week off.

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Thu 20 Apr 2023, 9:21 am

Welshmushroom wrote:
Oakdene wrote:

I agree with this.  I could also see it as viable at the Christmas break given how many people look for family activities for the week off.

That's a great idea!!

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Thu 20 Apr 2023, 9:32 am

mikey_dragon wrote:

Good price for two games. I payed £19 for one ticket when I last went to a home game at RP. I think people are somewhat concerned about what product on the field they are getting for £25….

Under normal conditions I agree that £25 for 2 games is good value.

But when you consider those same tickets pre covid were £10 it is a big jump. Now granted for genuine rugby fans they will always pay that to watch their sides. But those are season ticket holders who are already going regardless. What made the Judgement day great previously was that they were getting 60-70K attendances and most of those fans were people coming who don't affiliate with club rugby normally.

They should have waited to make this change once this day had been cemented to the welsh public as a great day out.

As I said I used to pay for 6 others to go who all enjoyed the day out and spent way more behind the bar at the stadium in context to the cost of the tickets. This has been my issue with regional rugby in wales. Rugby fans will pay whatever to go watch their teams play. But if the goal is to increase fan bases your only going to do it 2 ways. Success on the pitch (like Leinster did) which I think is beyond our welsh regions. The other being is to make it a value proposition for a day out. When doing this you need to compare it with other activities in the area and not just sport.

I'm not saying they shouldn't ever increase ticket prices but the trick is to create a demand first then over time start moving the price structure once your filling your stadiums out. Its the same issue I have had with Regional rugby clubs one off ticket pricing which has clearly deterred people coming to have a look. At the end of the day its economy 101 - supply and demand.

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by TAFKA The Oracle Thu 20 Apr 2023, 10:29 am

If tickets were £10 previously the I agree it's a helluva jump.  Were they really that cheap pre-covid?  Seems too low! But definitely good for attracting walk-up and semi-interested fringe fans.

Agree that this would be a great curtain raiser.

TAFKA The Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Thu 20 Apr 2023, 10:36 am

TAFKA The Oracle wrote:If tickets were £10 previously the I agree it's a helluva jump.  Were they really that cheap pre-covid?  Seems too low!  But definitely good for attracting walk-up and semi-interested fringe fans.

For a double header at £10 would they cover costs of stewards and lights for the two matches, pre and post? It was definitely good value.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Thu 20 Apr 2023, 10:37 am

TAFKA The Oracle wrote:If tickets were £10 previously the I agree it's a helluva jump.  Were they really that cheap pre-covid?  Seems too low!  But definitely good for attracting walk-up and semi-interested fringe fans.

For a double header at £10 would they cover costs of stewards and lights for the two matches, pre and post? It was definitely good value.

I'm sure it was £10 for adults & £5 for under 16's.

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Thu 20 Apr 2023, 10:57 am

I'm pretty sure the beer money covers the cost of the staff. Its over a fiver per pint in the stadium and I know from previous ventures most my friends would buy 6-7 while in the stadium for 3 hours. And there were a lot of people drinking during the matches.

It's probably the only fixture they have there where they can really cash in on bar money because single matches always limit the amount the time they have to sell as most fans head out to the bars and clubs after that.

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Fri 21 Apr 2023, 3:45 pm

Dai Young suspended with immediate effect, so is not in charge of Kairdiff this weekend.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 21 Apr 2023, 3:58 pm

Suspended by Cardiff. Wonder if he's told a few of the guys they're stealing a living? Accurate statement.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 21 Apr 2023, 4:27 pm

Why's he been suspended? Missed it completely.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by TAFKA The Oracle Fri 21 Apr 2023, 4:32 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Why's he been suspended? Missed it completely.

'Complaints from employees', apparently. Does that mean players perhaps?

TAFKA The Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 21 Apr 2023, 4:41 pm

sounds like it could be anything.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next