The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+8
Duty281
lostinwales
Mind the windows Tino.
Pal Joey
Galted
JuliusHMarx
rIck_dAgless
superflyweight
12 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Tue 19 Dec 2023, 10:04 am

First topic message reminder :

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Galted, Villa are f*king massive. Huge. Gargantuan.

Merry Christmas you big c*nt.

You won't win a Pulitzer for filth.  

Merry Christmas to you as well. You wee f*cking radge.

I celebrated the festive period by falling down a hole that Scottish Gas Networks has dug at the end of our drive and failed to cover properly.  If only I knew a decent lawyer.  

Isn't Mrs Superfly a decent lawyer?

Yes - but she can't stop laughing.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Mon 22 Jan 2024, 6:45 pm

Duty281 wrote:Galted, how is your f*cking tent on an exposed cliff face?

I moved it to a river bank so that I have access to fresh water.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 23 Jan 2024, 10:45 am

Mrs Windows is back in her Motherland at the moment. It was -17 the other day. Looks like being a balmy -9 today.

And she wonders why I refuse to move over there permanently.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 23 Jan 2024, 11:26 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Mrs Windows is back in her Motherland at the moment. It was -17 the other day. Looks like being a balmy -9 today.

And she wonders why I refuse to move over there permanently.

That is a bit miserable. I'd probably have to reattach the inner fleece to the Jack Wolfskin if I was going for a walk.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 23 Jan 2024, 11:54 am

That is exactly why I can't live there, Galts. I don't have your admirable commitment to sh*t clothing.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 23 Jan 2024, 1:34 pm

I'm sure Next would deliver its knitwear to Canada for a small premium.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 23 Jan 2024, 3:14 pm

I've moved on from Next jumpers, Supes.

That was my C*nt in the City look.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 23 Jan 2024, 3:17 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I can't afford Next jumpers, Supes.

That was my C*nt in the City look.

Fixed for you.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 23 Jan 2024, 3:57 pm

Scarily accurate, Julio.

You f*cking bourgeois c*nt.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 24 Jan 2024, 9:18 am

Humpday class war fist!

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 24 Jan 2024, 10:09 am

Sicond. Coming to a street near someone else, hopefully.

How's it going, LiW? Have you defrosted any windows this morning... or are you having a mild spell?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 24 Jan 2024, 10:25 am

Its all gone very mild. -6 this time last week to 9/10 today. Windy though. Very windy.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 24 Jan 2024, 10:37 am

So Jocelyn finished? Or the winds are just the end bits? There's also a huge one happening about now in northern Qld.

Getting very hot here. Already had a 41 and a 42.5 in December... then not so hot for most of January, Then boom! Super hot in the West and all that heat ends up here. Today 36, tomorrow 38, then 40 on Friday... Australia Day.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 24 Jan 2024, 10:42 am

Was quite windy here last night but not so much this morning. Had this statement at the ready doing the school walk in case anyone started up a conversation but no-one did.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 24 Jan 2024, 11:02 am

There's a funny bunch of folk running a small grocer's shop down the road.

One bloke, from Basrah in the south of Irag, loves the dry heat. His cousin or friend from oop north (probably around Tikrit) hates the heat. So when it's coolish, the first says "oooh, nooooo, too cold!" The other is all smiles though. "Dis is so nice!"

Then today, when it's boiling hot, the first guy is happy as Larry "oooh... beautiful, so nice and hot! A bit too humid though, no?" (he pulls an uncomfortable face) The other guy is sort of hiding away near the refrigerator... trying to keep cool. "No! Too hot!"

OK Brother... see you next time. Take care my friend.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 24 Jan 2024, 11:46 am

It's that windy here my neighbour's bin is on a speed awareness course next week.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 25 Jan 2024, 1:18 pm

Seems like the storm blew this thread away. Fist.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 25 Jan 2024, 2:04 pm

I hang around on the Who gets on your wick thread these days.

Those cats are l*l out loud a minute.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 25 Jan 2024, 3:00 pm

There's some cutting edge stuff on that thread - I nick all of my opinions from it.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 26 Jan 2024, 1:35 pm

Spare a thought for Sean. He's going to be out of work in the summer.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 26 Jan 2024, 4:00 pm

I'm not a dancer with an allergy who ate a mislabelled biscuit and died.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sat 27 Jan 2024, 12:17 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Spare a thought for Sean. He's going to be out of work in the summer.

Took me almost 24 hours to get this one.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Sun 28 Jan 2024, 2:19 pm

Galted wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Spare a thought for Sean. He's going to be out of work in the summer.

Thanks, Galted. I was a little underwhelmed by the (lack of) response but you've just made things vaguely alright again.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sun 28 Jan 2024, 2:29 pm

Galted wrote:

Thanks, Galted. I was a little underwhelmed by the (lack of) response but you've just made things vaguely alright again.

I still don't get it but if I had, then I doubt I would have replied anyway.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 29 Jan 2024, 3:52 pm

Nothing as satisfying as a fist on a Monday afternoon.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 29 Jan 2024, 4:35 pm

Sicond.  Having it confirmed that it's not defamatory to call the racist, unemployed actor Laurence Fox a racist is a pleasant Monday afternoon treat.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 29 Jan 2024, 8:01 pm

superflyweight wrote:Sicond.  Having it confirmed that it's not defamatory to call the racist, unemployed actor Laurence Fox a racist is a pleasant Monday afternoon treat.

I saw that he was in the denial stage, wonder what's next.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 30 Jan 2024, 9:48 am

Galted wrote:

Probably an appearance on Joey Barton's podcast.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 30 Jan 2024, 9:54 am

Galted wrote:

Probably an appearance on Joey Barton's podcast.

Love to see a desert island reality show with the two of them marooned with Owen Jones and Ash Sarkar.  Might even spend money on a telephone vote if there's a chance one of them gets fed to a Komodo dragon.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 30 Jan 2024, 10:39 am

Interesting thing about Komodo dragons. They rarely just bite and eat. They have some pretty grim bacteria in their saliva that gets in their victims bloodstream. It slowly breaks them down and debilitates them to the point they fall down and die. At which point, the dragon that has been following them at a distance (sometimes for days depending on the size and strength of the animal they bit) eat them in their own time and comfort.

Interesting thing about Lozza Fox is that he is a c*nt. Interesting thing about Joey Barton has yet to be determined.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 30 Jan 2024, 10:50 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Interesting thing about Komodo dragons. They rarely just bite and eat. They have some pretty grim bacteria in their saliva that gets in their victims bloodstream. It slowly breaks them down and debilitates them to the point they fall down and die. At which point, the dragon that has been following them at a distance (sometimes for days depending on the size and strength of the animal they bit) eat them in their own time and comfort.

Interesting thing about Lozza Fox is that he is a c*nt. Interesting thing about Joey Barton has yet to be determined.

I thought it had been decided that they actually contain venom, like the Gila Monster and Beaded Lizard.

Fox is a c*nt, as is Joey Barton (and Jack Whitehall, Will Ferrell, Russel Howard, Robbie Savage and certain other people).

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 30 Jan 2024, 11:42 am

Galted wrote:

I thought it had been decided that they actually contain venom, like the Gila Monster and Beaded Lizard.

You could be right, G-Unit.

I'm going off memory, my lizard research hasn't been as comprehensive as it should be in recent years.

Good job we are posting today or this place would be sh*t.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 30 Jan 2024, 12:22 pm

Galted wrote:

You could be right, G-Unit.

I'm going off memory, my lizard research hasn't been as comprehensive as it should be in recent years.

Good job we are posting today or this place would be sh*t.

It's exchanges like this that make the internet a worthwhile place to visit.

As I frequently encounter lizards on my holidays, I take great pains to keep abreast of the latest developments in lizard science.  It's handy to know which ones you can flick on the nose and which ones you should challenge one of your mates to flick on the nose.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 30 Jan 2024, 1:04 pm

Interestingly there is still some debate, however, that Komodo's use the venom for something other than killing prey (breaking down proteins and the suchlike) and even though they have commendable oral hygiene for a massive f**k off killer lizard, there is still an argument for the bacterial effects fop their bites.

Afternoon.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 30 Jan 2024, 1:10 pm

Meanwhile, I got 3 Pointless answers to win the money and a bonus in the final round of yesterday's programme - or would have done had I been on.

Simply had to name an actor from the original ''The Italian Job'' or the totally unnecessary remake that none of the random 100 people they asked could name.

I obviously went for the 1969 masterpiece. Was able to actually give 5 Pointless answers at the time and a sixth came to me this morning.

I'll hold back any answers in case you folks want to have a go and can't be arsed to look at IMDb (approve of how I did the initials, Jules?).

Tbf, unlike many of you, I would really have struggled with a round on lizards or spiders.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 30 Jan 2024, 1:13 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Meanwhile, I got 3 Pointless answers to win the money and a bonus in the final round of yesterday's programme - or would have done had I been on.

Simply had to name an actor from the original ''The Italian Job'' or the totally unnecessary remake that none of the random 100 people they asked could name.

I obviously went for the 1969 masterpiece. Was able to actually give 5 Pointless answers at the time and a sixth came to me this morning.

I'll hold back any answers in case you folks want to have a go and can't be arsed to look at IMDb (approve of how I did the initials, Jules?).

Tbf, unlike many of you, I would really have struggled with a round on lizards or spiders.

I would only have got (presumably) the highest scoring for each. Just had a look at the cast of the 1969 version and nearly fell off my chair, some odd choices in there.

Galted
Galted
Galted

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 30 Jan 2024, 1:14 pm

Not everyone needs to be a herpetologist, guildford me old china, 1960's movie knowledge is equally as impressive, especially if it can score you wedge on a bang average TV quiz show.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 30 Jan 2024, 1:34 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Meanwhile, I got 3 Pointless answers to win the money and a bonus in the final round of yesterday's programme - or would have done had I been on.

Benny Hill?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 30 Jan 2024, 2:18 pm

lostinwales wrote:

Benny Hill?

Beat me to that one. I'm guessing Noel Coward might have scored quite highly.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 30 Jan 2024, 5:49 pm

superflyweight wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

Benny Hill?

Beat me to that one.  I'm guessing Noel Coward might have scored quite highly.  

Noel Coward's role was fairly important. The thing about him is that I'd imagine that unless you are 'slightly older' you would struggle to know about him even though he was a huge star in his day.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 30 Jan 2024, 10:58 pm

lostinwales wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

Benny Hill?

Noel Coward's role was fairly important. The thing about him is that I'd imagine that unless you are 'slightly older' you would struggle to know about him even though he was a huge star in his day.

Thanks, liw. I much prefer 'slightly older' to 'old git'.

Mainly before even my time but Noel Coward was a hugely versatile talent - playwright, actor, composer, singer, raconteur, etc.

And yes he was in The Italian Job although some way off being a Pointless answer. Same too for Benny Hill.

The Pointless answers I came up with were Irene Handle (always a doddery old dear, she played Benny's sister), John Le Mesurier (the prison governor and best known for Dad's Army) and three of the gang - Robert Powell (biggish name in the '70s and '80s after playing the title role of Jesus of Nazareth), John Forgeham (bit part tv actor who was in Footballers' Wives) and the answer to prove my sadness beyond doubt, Stanley Caine (real life brother of the film's top star Michael). I also belatedly recalled Fred Emney (a burly comedian from the days of music hall here posing as an elderly football supporter whilst contributing to the traffic chaos).

As you may gather, I rather like this film.

guildfordbat

superflyweight, Pal Joey and lostinwales like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 31 Jan 2024, 7:51 am

Fist.

You did well with the answers, guildford. Yes, I love that film too. They sure knew how to drive those roads... great scenery and atmosphere mixed with good old British humour. Throw in a few cameos and that's the perfect formula. You remember I chatted with Stanley Cain's brother and Roger Moore for about 25 seconds in 1990? They were filming Bullseye, which was probably a low point for both actors (not counting meeting me) but it still must have been good fun doing the saucy scenes.

Following up on the Komodo dragon's poor oral hygiene / venom discussion above, I read this article this morning about a 'flesh-eating bacteria that causes Buruli ulcers'. Sounds quite painful. Goes from mosquito to possum to human. I'm assuming you can substitute squirrel for possum in the UK.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-01-24/buruli-ulcer-possum-mosquito-human-link-research/103383064

https://www.smh.com.au/national/how-scientists-solved-the-80-year-old-mystery-of-a-flesh-eating-ulcer-20240129-p5f0qr.html

This line caught my attention...

And for retiree Fiona Wordie, as the wound on her foot expanded, so did her pet cockatoo’s vocabulary; the ulcer caused such regular pain the bird learned to squawk the f-word.

So all of these nasty bacterias and viruses present in practically every animal can cause serious problems. That's why I never share my bowl with the dog, kiss the cat on the mouth or rub my face in the parrot's feathers.

There was a famous horse trainer here (Vic Rail from Qld) who was always seen in the stables with a straw hanging out of the corner of his mouth whilst he drawled on about how good his next horse was. The poor bloke caught the nasty equine Henrda virus and died along with about 14 of his horses. I think he may have even 'slept' with them - on occasion. This was about 30 years ago.

Even Steve Irwin, who got too close to that stingray... sure, there's some poison in the barbs but also a crusty cocktail of bacteria which speeds up the killing process... just to make sure.

I hope everyone's already had their breakfast.

Last edited by Pal Joey on Wed 31 Jan 2024, 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 31 Jan 2024, 8:12 am

Pal Joey wrote:Fist.

So all of these nasty bacterias and viruses present in practically every animal can cause serious problems. That's why I never share my bowl with the dog, kiss the cat on the mouth or rub my face in the parrot's feathers.

There was a famous horse trainer here (Vic Rail from Qld) who was always seen in the stables with a straw hanging out of the corner of his mouth whilst he drawled on about how good his next horse was. The poor bloke caught the nasty equine Henrda virus and died along with about 14 of his horses. I think he may have even 'slept' with them. This was about 30 years ago.

Even Steve Irwin, who got too close to that stingray... sure, there's some poison on the barbs but also a crusty cocktail of bacteria which speeds up the killing process... just to make sure.

Cheers, PJ, that made for fairly disturbing reading, especially as I'm a bit sick.  I tend to avoid kissing the cat these days though as I find her tongue a bit rough.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 31 Jan 2024, 8:16 am

Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:Fist.

There was a famous horse trainer here (Vic Rail from Qld) who was always seen in the stables with a straw hanging out of the corner of his mouth whilst he drawled on about how good his next horse was. The poor bloke caught the nasty equine Henrda virus and died along with about 14 of his horses. I think he may have even 'slept' with them. This was about 30 years ago.

Even Steve Irwin, who got too close to that stingray... sure, there's some poison on the barbs but also a crusty cocktail of bacteria which speeds up the killing process... just to make sure.

Cheers, PJ, that made for fairly disturbing reading, especially as I'm a bit sick.  I tend to avoid kissing the cat these days though as I find her tongue a bit rough.

Sorry to hear, Big G. Get well.

Yeah, also if Galtova gives her a sardine treat... it never tastes as good second hand from the cat's mouth.
But a healthy fur coat is important for a city cat; so I guess you'll just have to close your eyes and dive in there.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 31 Jan 2024, 11:13 am

Lovely watching Tindall laughing in Unai's face last night after the hand shake snub, probably carrying his good mood from handing out bibs successfully right through to the end of the match.

Morning, all, top film review, Galts.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 31 Jan 2024, 11:21 am

Cheers, Rick, makes it worth the three nights it took to watch the film.

Galted
Galted
Galted

rIck_dAgless likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 31 Jan 2024, 12:01 pm

Great questioning from Super at the Scottish Covid Inquiry.

Funny seeing Sturgeon getting into a wee tangle trying to explain the reasons why she deleted all those Wh*ts*pp messages.

Although I'm not legally trained, there's a definite vibe she's in breach of something very serious and is making a complete hash of trying to sound frank and transparent. Hopefully, her sublime cleverness and specific recollections will be her undoing.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Wed 31 Jan 2024, 5:47 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

Benny Hill?

Mainly before even my time but Noel Coward was a hugely versatile talent - playwright, actor, composer, singer, raconteur, etc.

And yes he was in The Italian Job although some way off being a Pointless answer. Same too for Benny Hill.

The Pointless answers I came up with were Irene Handle (always a doddery old dear, she played Benny's sister), John Le Mesurier (the prison governor and best known for Dad's Army) and three of the gang - Robert Powell (biggish name in the '70s and '80s after playing the title role of Jesus of Nazareth), John Forgeham (bit part tv actor who was in Footballers' Wives) and the answer to prove my sadness beyond doubt, Stanley Caine (real life brother of the film's top star Michael). I also belatedly recalled Fred Emney (a burly comedian from the days of music hall here posing as an elderly football supporter whilst contributing to the traffic chaos).

I’m quite surprised that Michael Caine being in The Italian Job wasn’t a pointless answer as not a lot of people know that……..

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

guildfordbat and alfie like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 31 Jan 2024, 6:22 pm

L*l out loud.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 01 Feb 2024, 9:25 am

Hibbz wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

Benny Hill?

I’m quite surprised that Michael Caine being in The Italian Job wasn’t a pointless answer as not a lot of people know that……..

Classic Hibbz!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 01 Feb 2024, 10:22 am

Absolute peak Hibbz.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next