The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+27
Cymroglan
KiaRose
Sin é
PenfroPete
pete (buachaill on eirne)
greybeard
rodders
Pal Joey
Glas a du
Gibson
Cari
MBTGOG
Suspicious lurker
mickyt
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Mickado
nottins
prop_lyd
Notch
Thomond
Mick(TEFC)
robbo277
Rava
WillyGilly
Luckless Pedestrian
red_stag
Ozzy3213
31 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jun 2011 - 12:56

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the virtual rugby pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the Tommy Bowe photo on the bar. That's a banning offence

So pull up a chair....what'll it be? appletini

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 22:15; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 19:38

Nibble nibble. Well done Gibbo.

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by MBTGOG Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 19:40

Just one chance and New Zealand have probably sealed the victory.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 19:42

roddersm wrote:
Gibson wrote:
MBTGOG wrote:Talk about a chip on your shoulder-

http://thefrontrowunion.com/2011/06/schools-out/

Ah Bless. Ulster are over-represented in the Irish squad and he comes out with this? Best stay quiet man. censored

How exactly are Ulster over-represented?

Ah Rodders, he was fishing for me. Catch and release.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 19:43

Doh
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 19:43

Wasn't Kvesik the name of the giant in The Princess Bride?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 19:44

Has anyone even gotten within a score of New Zealand at this level?

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 19:48

Notch it was Fessik (spelling uncertain). Also why blame Wallace. He can only cheer from the sidelines as loud as the next man.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 19:49

They'll find a way (paranoid muttering).
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 19:52

It could be a very divided Ulster camp if Ireland take on South Africa in the quarter finals.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 19:54

Hard to judge over the age groups but probably the worst NZ U20 side in the four years and that really shows the quality of rugby coming out of that country.

England should be happy with where they are though. Like I said, some very exciting players coming through.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by johnpartle Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 19:54

Fezzik. God bless Andre.

"I fight gangs for local charities and stuff."

johnpartle

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 19:57

Yeah, very much so.

Just imagine; Ruan Pienaar at 9 for one side and Ian Humphreys at 10 on the other Smile

Yeah, but seriously, we have 5 Ulster players in the extended Irish squad and 3 in the South African squad.

I'm really torn. I couldn't begrudge Johann Muller to make his mark on his recall to the Saffer training squad, but flip it would screw us up something shocking if he actually went to the RWC. Our captain, our part-time forwards coach and the only lock we have who can competently call a lineout. What a nightmare.

I'm nervously hoping he's back with us for the start of the season.

Last edited by Notch on Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 19:57; edited 1 time in total
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 19:57

Gardai in Limerick have just discovered a stash of automatic-rifles, anti-tank missiles, grenade-launchers, heroin and 25 Ukrainian prostitutes - all in a house, behind the library in Southhill.

Local residents said "We're totally shocked like. We never knew we had a library"
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 19:59

Gibbo laughing

Finish me cake lads... cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake

New series of Top Gear on now Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 20:02

Gibson wrote:Gardai in Limerick have just discovered a stash of automatic-rifles, anti-tank missiles, grenade-launchers, heroin and 25 Ukrainian prostitutes - all in a house, behind the library in Southhill.

Local residents said "We're totally shocked like. We never knew we had a library"

Must show that to my Dad. He'd love that especially as there is no doubt an element of truth to it Smile

Article mainly for our resident elder berries - https://www.606v2.com/t7965-i-d-have-never-believed-that-20-years-ago#218822
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 20:03

If there's a mod around, shall I open a new pub yet?

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 20:04

Happy Birthday Cari. Happy Everyday.

I just got that joke texted to me from a goy in Mary's roysh.

I know Stag and Munsty will appreciate it. It could be transferred to vast traks of Dublin. And Belfast.

I love you Rodders. Ale
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 20:06

Thanks Gibbo. And thanks for waking me up with the card when I opened it this morning....made me jump! Hug

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 20:07

Oh no our worst fears may be realised:

Gordon D'Arcy injured his right ankle during the Heineken Cup final and having not responded to treatment, underwent surgery last week. He is expected to be out of action until August where he should be able to take part in our final two fixtures against England and France.

Will. . . Paddy Wallace actually. . . . get game time Shocked McFadden to the rescue!!
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 20:12

Yay! Ferg will save the day!! (No offence Paddy but there can never be too much eye candy in one team).

Poor D'Arcy though. Hope he recovers fully and quickly Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 20:13

Cari wrote:Yay! Ferg will save the day!! (No offence Paddy but there can never be too much eye candy in one team).

Or good players. Can never have enough of them either.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 20:13

I'd imagine both Wallace and McFadden will get gametime in the first two games then, with Wallace the front-runner.

Gibbo, just change it to East Belfast or, um... Tallaght Whistle

Cari, have you considered a career as Ireland coach?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 20:15

Oh yeah that too Staggy Very Happy

Notch - eeeerrrrrm nooooo can't say I have. I'd probably still pick a better team than Elmer Fudd though - even if it is cosmetic... Wink

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by The FRU Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 20:29

Gibson wrote:

Ah Bless. Ulster are over-represented in the Irish squad and he comes out with this? Best stay quiet man. censored

England doing really well vs the BB's. Really holding their own here.

Why don't you go on the site and leave a comment for the author - I'm sure they'd appreciate it.

The FRU

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 20:34

FRU - I wouldn't read too closely to anything said here. We all know each other pretty well and its all banter. Gibsons only ribbing don't take it personal.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 20:37

Staggy - I'd say some of us know each other very well Smile

FRU - it's just banter between the regulars here, mate. thumbsup

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 20:42

So here's the part of TG I've been looking forward to. Amy Williams. Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitt.

Other than that, I've not really been too interested in it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 20:43

The FRU wrote:
Gibson wrote:

Why don't you go on the site and leave a comment for the author - I'm sure they'd appreciate it.

I will. Ive had enough of this positive discrimination and over-expectant, rich, Saffer-filled, paranoaic - Ulster fans, for one season. Im yer man. And they want phookin more? Give me a large break. OK guinness
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by The FRU Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 20:48

red_stag wrote:FRU - I wouldn't read too closely to anything said here. We all know each other pretty well and its all banter. Gibsons only ribbing don't take it personal.

Guys - not taking it personal (I didn't write that one for a start - it was one of our regulars Ballpark) and I'd love a bit more banter over on the FRU so feel free to leave a comment if you agree or disagree. We don't bite!

Cheers.

John

The FRU

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 20:50

FRU - I just realised why you have your username. I thought you were French! Very Happy

Gibbo raspberry

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 20:51

Ahaaa! FRU. Respect. Sounds like my kind of board. Im in like Flynn. I wont behave mind. I think its a waste of Life. guinness
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 20:57

Gibson wrote:
The FRU wrote:
Gibson wrote:

I will. Ive had enough of this positive discrimination and over-expectant, rich, Saffer-filled, paranoaic - Ulster fans, for one season. Im yer man. And they want phookin more? Give me a large break. OK guinness

Gibbo you and your 'total rugby'/'Barcelona of rugby' team can bite me. Let's see how well you fare when Jennings makes the WC 30. Whistle
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 21:01

[url=http://thefrontrowunion.com/2011/06/schools-out/
http://thefrontrowunion.com/2011/06/schools-out/[/quote[/url]]

That was a bit of a flame stoking comment Munsty Wink . I can't see anything in the article that wouldn't stand up in a good arguement.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 21:15

Munsty is a WUM visionary.

It takes the edge off Munster dipping and having no foreseeable future in the HC for the next 5 years.

Ulster are the new Munster. Same gnarled online-expression and picked-on "tudes". Only with more shekels and Saffers.
They cant do it on their own, from their own base, like Munster and Leinster did. In fairness.
So, lets help them.

As long as people really know what's going on, Im grand. guinness
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 21:17

Cari, a very happy, if somewhat belated, b'day to you cakemug

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 21:20

Gibbo,

That one was gold. Certainly one of your better ones.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 21:21

They cant do it on their own, from their own base, like Munster and Leinster did. In fairness.
So, lets help them.

laughing laughing laughing
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 21:34

I've cleared the place again Whistle
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 21:51

Evening all, quick visit I think before top gear on i-player!! Loved the weather today, if it's like that next weeked it's back to the forest for me for some cider
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 22:09

A cool 30 at 11pm, and back from a local gig;just seen the future of rock'n'roll,who will be playing under Sherwood at the beginning of August Yahoo
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 22:15

just in case you all stay chatting into the night, new pub:

https://www.606v2.com/t7971-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub#219121

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20