The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Djokovic Vs Nadal Final - Who Will Win?

+27
lydian
Bright_hsd
Wooffie
paulscholes
Faust
czaree
michael_o
graf_the_greatest
Josiah Maiestas
kemet
Simple_Analyst
Tenez
yummymummy
gboycottnut
barrystar
HM Murdock
noleisthebest
wow
Davie
Mad for Chelsea
ebar86
Masked Magician
socal1976
Tom_____
sportslover
legendkillar
luciusmann
31 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Will do you think will win if Djokovic & nadal play the Wimbledon final?

Djokovic Vs Nadal Final - Who Will Win? - Page 3 Vote_lcap50%Djokovic Vs Nadal Final - Who Will Win? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 23 ]
Djokovic Vs Nadal Final - Who Will Win? - Page 3 Vote_lcap50%Djokovic Vs Nadal Final - Who Will Win? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 23 ]

Total Votes : 46

Djokovic Vs Nadal Final - Who Will Win? - Page 3 Empty Djokovic Vs Nadal Final - Who Will Win?

Post by luciusmann Wed 29 Jun 2011, 4:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Now that it looks like Djokovic's biggest threat Federer is out, it looks like the most anticipated final (besides Federer vs Nadal) is going to happen, Djokovic vs Nadal. Who will win? All the signs look set for a brilliant match.

The only thing I'll predict is a 5 set match, but who do you think will win?

Although it's a hard call and although Djokovic has had his wobbles, I'll put him down as marginal favourite. What do everyone else think?

Djokovic did say not too long after his Australian Open win earlier in the year that he would be targeting Wimbledon, will he take it?

Last edited by luciusmann on Wed 29 Jun 2011, 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

luciusmann

Back to top Go down

Djokovic Vs Nadal Final - Who Will Win? - Page 3 Empty Re: Djokovic Vs Nadal Final - Who Will Win?

Post by Simple_Analyst Fri 01 Jul 2011, 8:16 pm

luciusmann wrote:SA, what moral victories? I don't stress about tennis results, I just happened to predict correctly the two players who made the final. of course I had a good chance of getting it right, there was only 2 out of 4 to choose from. The only person who sounds bitter is you, perhaps your afraid of a Djokovic vs Nadal match up, but just enjoy the great tennis we got in store this Sunday. Now we can all talk seriously about what this match is going to be like, just like I been trying to do for the last few days but have had to talk about the semis instead (specifically Tsonga)!

Lol me bitter? Over what? After Nadal, Djokovic is the 2nd group of players I love watching and unlike Federer fans like you, I don't dislike a player for beating Nadal. Why would I be scared of a Djokovic's match up to Nadal? Am I Nadal? Lol. Like I said all the moral victory on the forum won't matter once the game starts. Be careful not to get disappointed. For me, i'll enjoy the tennis on offer.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Djokovic Vs Nadal Final - Who Will Win? - Page 3 Empty Re: Djokovic Vs Nadal Final - Who Will Win?

Post by luciusmann Fri 01 Jul 2011, 8:16 pm

That's not quite correct, Nadal was yes, Djokovic was less uncertain. In fact, there was quite a Tsonga bandwagon thanks to media hype, none of which I believed. The result of the match speak for itself.

Djokovic's performance over Wimbledon hasn't been amazing, today's though, well that was impressive. Given how well Tsonga had to play against Fed and how Djokovic dropped a set to the young pretender to Tomic, it's easy to see why so many thought a Tsonga vs Nadal/Murray final was more likely. However, I didn't believe it for one moment.

luciusmann

Back to top Go down

Post by michael_o Fri 01 Jul 2011, 8:17 pm

Just like Murray, I honestly don't think that Novak (who I love) has a ghost of a chance against Rafa on grass.

michael_o

Back to top Go down

Post by luciusmann Fri 01 Jul 2011, 8:22 pm

Be disappointed? Fed is out and I was fine with that. You're the one who mentioned bitterness, not me, I'm not sure why. Just because Djokovic beat Tsonga (who beat Federer)? I laid out clear reasons why Tsonga would be beaten and on those points, Djokovic clearly delivered today, he had 12 break points and took 6 of them. For most of the match Djokovic went toe to toe with Tsonga. And better still, he applied the pressure to Tsonga and the errors came streaming out. This is discussion about tennis not bitterness. The victory would have been more complete if Djokovic had held his mental composure better but even though he lapsed a few times he still won, that's how commanding his win was (which I never doubted).

Djokovic is my second favourite player after Federer, so I guess we got something in common there. What moral victories are you on about? Are you sure your not bitter about players beating Nadal, you're posting style reads very similar to MM.......

Last edited by luciusmann on Fri 01 Jul 2011, 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)

luciusmann

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Fri 01 Jul 2011, 8:26 pm

Depends on what the temperature and the pollen count is going to be like. If it is a very high pollen count with a very hot temperature on Sunday afternoon, then Nadal will win as Djokovic may suddenly suffer from breathing problems with allergies to the grass.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri 01 Jul 2011, 8:30 pm

You honestly don't believe Novak has a "ghost of a chance"? rof....

Someone obviously don't see the immense talents and athleticism in Novak's game with a comment like yours..
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri 01 Jul 2011, 8:31 pm

Like the Lopez comments you make...

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri 01 Jul 2011, 8:35 pm

Lopez has the game to triple bagel Nadal I honestly believe
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri 01 Jul 2011, 8:37 pm

laughing Maybe if Nadal played with no hands.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Fri 01 Jul 2011, 8:38 pm

luciusmann wrote:Be disappointed? Fed is out and I was fine with that. You're the one who mentioned bitterness, not me, I'm not sure why. Just because Djokovic beat Tsonga (who beat Federer)? I laid out clear reasons why Tsonga would be beaten and on those points, Djokovic clearly delivered today, he had 12 break points and took 6 of them. For most of the match Djokovic went toe to toe with Tsonga. And better still, he applied the pressure to Tsonga and the errors came streaming out. This is discussion about tennis not bitterness. The victory would have been more complete if Djokovic had held his mental composure better but even though he lapsed a few times he still won, that's how commanding his win was (which I never doubted).

Djokovic is my second favourite player after Federer, so I guess we got something in common there. What moral victories are you on about? Are you sure your not bitter about players beating Nadal, you're posting style reads very similar to MM.......

Lol the day i'll be bitter over Nadal losing to another player will be the day I know I losing my mind. The way you Federer fans get worked up over tennis matches you can't control is amusing and you seem to confuse me with that. I'll love to see how rabid you go should Nadal win on sunday.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by luciusmann Fri 01 Jul 2011, 8:45 pm

Why would I go rabid? I respect Nadal's achievements and he's a great guy (off court). I admit I'm not a fan but I got decency to respect him for what's he's done.

Maybe you can give a prep talk to MM about being bitter over Nadal losing to Djokovic (this year) and explain to him he shouldn't take it so seriously? But then again, where has MM gone to....

luciusmann

Back to top Go down

Post by Masked Magician Fri 01 Jul 2011, 9:38 pm

luciusmann wrote:Why would I go rabid? I respect Nadal's achievements and he's a great guy (off court). I admit I'm not a fan but I got decency to respect him for what's he's done.

Maybe you can give a prep talk to MM about being bitter over Nadal losing to Djokovic (this year) and explain to him he shouldn't take it so seriously? But then again, where has MM gone to....
Still here buddy

Masked Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by michael_o Fri 01 Jul 2011, 11:03 pm

Who will win? It's obvious isn't it? Sorry Novak.

michael_o

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Fri 01 Jul 2011, 11:23 pm

I love the way he smiles after winning the point, a hint of sarcasm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OxTbbM-o_A&feature=related

another great point from the new no. 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laFmzzJfvCY

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by czaree Sat 02 Jul 2011, 2:34 am

Masked Magician wrote:
luciusmann wrote:Are you serious?! Nadal looked unstoppable in 2008, he dropped just one set en-route to the final, not quite the same this year. He looked, quite simply, invincible in 2008, at RG and Wimbledon (he even won his warm up grass court tournament, Queens).

Djokovic has to get to the final, the only other player who's able to consistently beat him is Federer, and he ran into him @ the French Open semi final. Nadal couldn't even push Djokovic to even 3 sets on these 'lesser' clay court tournaments. I'm not sure Nadal would call losing the Spanish title in Madrid a lesser event, he had the home support and still lost. I'm simply intrigued at the possibility of a final between the two because there has been a talk that Djokovic has the mental edge over Rafa this year, just as many have said Rafa has the mental edge over Federer. This mental edge talk didn't exist prior to 2011 because Djokovic hadn't beaten Nadal in 4 finals in a row before. It's quite easily possible that Nadal could and probably is favourite to win, I'm just eager to see what people think of this mental edge. I mean who's beaten Nadal in 4 finals in one year before?
Nadal played very poorly in the Madrid and Rome finals. Around 50%.

Djokovic played lights out, 110%, to beat an below par Nadal.

Nadal at 80% would've beat Djokovic.

You are seriously deluded if you think that.

czaree

Back to top Go down

Post by luciusmann Sat 02 Jul 2011, 2:58 am

Welcome czaree, I agree completely. No, it's not obvious at all Michael O, if it was, it would be a run away landslide of people thinking Nadal will win. How many people on here were predicting a Djokovic Vs Nadal final? I only saw myself predicting it, but hey, I'm not saying my tip for Djokovic winning will be bourne out for sure, I'm saying it's very evenly poised.

Funny how if it's such a walkover for Nadal that only 51% of people who've voted in this straw poll think he will win. Surely if everyone is so convinced (which is understandable), 60% + is what we should be seeing. Alas, it's a great match up between these two players which is why I think people are so unsure about who will win and that's been my general experience when I've asked others who are not tennis fans, although they've been slightly inclined with Nadal. It will be a close match unless we see a Murray'esque mental meltdown (which could occur), but otherwise I see a 4/5 setter.

Last edited by luciusmann on Sat 02 Jul 2011, 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updated)

luciusmann

Back to top Go down

Post by Faust Sat 02 Jul 2011, 3:15 pm

After four straight wins against Nadal
Djokovic has the mental edge for the first set.
Momentum will swing after that as Nadal's proven fortitude (in GS finals) and his superior (on grass) footwork will prevail.

Faust

Back to top Go down

Post by paulscholes Sat 02 Jul 2011, 3:32 pm

I go for Nadal in 4

paulscholes

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 02 Jul 2011, 6:01 pm

I am predicting that Novak beats Nadal in three or 4 sets, and that this final is actually not going to be as close as people think. Not that Nadal isn't a great champion or that he can't beat Novak. But 4 losses in a row is a bit of a disturbing trend. Novak who has his serve and fitness together, like he does in 2011 is a very tough match up for Nadal. This match like most matches is going to come down to two crucial stastics. First serve percentage, and percentage of points won on second serve. We are talking about 2 of the top 3 returners in the business, and while both guys are good servers neither one is overwhelming from the service line. I look for Novak to really get at Rafa's second serve and to hit a high percentage of first serves and to take this match. The pressure quite frankly is more on Nadal, Novak has the #1 ranking, and has already improved on his results from last year's wimbeldon. Nadal has a mountain of points to defend and if he has any, any hope of regaining the #1 before the end of the year he has to win tomorrow.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by michael_o Sat 02 Jul 2011, 6:11 pm

socal1976 wrote:I am predicting that Novak beats Nadal in three or 4 sets

Well, there's a surprise! Actually, everything you say makes perfect sense. However, there's one thing that motivates Nadal above all else.....the thought of taking revenge. He will be really fired up for this tomorrow and I suspect recent "form" will go out of the window.

michael_o

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Sat 02 Jul 2011, 6:28 pm

The pressure quite frankly is more on Nadal, Novak has the #1 ranking, and has already improved on his results from last year's wimbeldon. Nadal has a mountain of points to defend and if he has any, any hope of regaining the #1 before the end of the year he has to win tomorrow.

I don't agree that there is more on pressure on Rafa, and certainly not from the points/ranking thing. You hold more store by it than Rafa does, socal. All he will be thinking of tomorrow is retaining the Wimbledon title ... nothing else, and if he has a nervous night's sleep which he says he will, it won't be over ranking points. He is entirely philosophical about it ... the man who plays the best and wins the most titles is the Number 1, and so far this year its not him, and its gone now and there you have it. And that's a healthy attitude to take.

This is Rafa's 13th Grand Slam final and his 5th at Wimbledon. He has all the experience, he's done it all before and won twice. As opposed to Djokovic's lesser experience and never being in a Wimbledon final before. There will be nerves and pressure on boths side, but not majoritively on Rafa.
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Sat 02 Jul 2011, 6:37 pm

Nothing to do with who will win but isn't it a coincidence that yesterdays's two runners up were Novaks two opponents in the two Slam finals which he won at the AO!

As for a winner Novaks recent record against Rafa has been good winning the last four encounters but none of them on grass.

I would have to say I would fancy Rafa if he plays near the quality of tennis he produced in the Semi.

Rafa in four, but possibly five.

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 02 Jul 2011, 6:47 pm

I disagree Wooffie, first off he wants to break his streak against Novak. Although Novak will also have to think about breaking his streak of never having beaten Rafa in a grandslam. But, Nadal has been under pressure this year due to Novak's relentless push to #1. Don't get me wrong certainly Novak has pressure, it is a grandslam final for god's sake. But if he loses tomorrow he leaves the tournament having at least gotten to #1 and having improved on his results from last year, and it will be seen as successful tournament for him. If Nadal loses tomorrow he will take a big hit in the rankings points. And while Nadal is very philosophical about the #1 ranking and knows that it is all about the grandslam titles for his legacy, he has mentioned how he values the year end #1 ranking. If that is the case, if he wants the year end #1 ranking and regardless of modesty or philosophical detachment, you know he wants it. Well then he has to win tomorrow. Novak could hypothetically lose tomorrow and still attain the year end #1. Rafa loses and that boat has sailed unless he goes on 40 match win streak to finish the season on hardcourt and indoors. Also we must remember that he doesn't want to give his rival an even bigger edge by losing to him 5 times in a row.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Bright_hsd Sat 02 Jul 2011, 7:06 pm

Djokovic has been in scintilating form this year. From what I have seen in his matches against Nadal, he seems to have a tactic of attacking Nadals's backhand, and Nadal has struggled with his backhand this year (playing short). Once Nadals starts playing short balls from his backhand, its seems to be an easy target for Djoko's FH down the line and nadal's left scampering to retrieve the ball.

On the other hand Nadal's tactic of attacking his opponent's bachand with his forehand has not really worked against Novak, as Novak's backhand has been absolutely superb thus far.

It will be interesting to see how the Nadal's deals with Djoko tomorrow, but if he plays like he did against Murray in the semis, I'm going with Nadal in 4 or 5.

Bright_hsd

Back to top Go down

Post by luciusmann Sat 02 Jul 2011, 7:32 pm

Interesting views here, even though I am very unsure about who will win, I'll still stick with Djokovic in 4 sets (maybe 5), with perhaps one tie breaker. My previous prediction of a Djokovic vs Nadal was correct and seeing how Djokovic played on Friday it demonstrated he's able to play great on grass (but I'll admit I wasn't able to see the Nadal Vs Murray match). As long as Djokovic doesn't have a sustained mental meltdown, I'll stick with Djokovic.

I think the mental factor favouring Djokovic will lead to a dip Nadal's performance as he won't know how to reply and this might suggest Nadal's performance was why he lost but if he does lose it will be because Djokovic was able to break him down mentally and Djokovic didn't allow him to play the way he wanted. I severely doubt that a young fit player like Nadal can go down in form so quickly in mere days (after, my all accounts, a great match with murray) if he loses to Djokovic because his form wasn't as 'good'. I'm sure Nadal fans will disagree but I'm just submitting my view and if he wins, credit to him, he'll deserve it.

luciusmann

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sat 02 Jul 2011, 7:51 pm

My only point re: Nole is that he really hasnt played anyone like Rafa this year at Wimbledon. Maybe Baghdatis was the nearest but still not like Rafa.
I think Rafa will start slowly as he always does, take time to get into the match, win the 2nd set, lose the 3rd and then win in 5!
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 02 Jul 2011, 8:04 pm

Lydian, it may come to pass as you are predicting. But you know I think the 4 match winning streak is a bigger deal than people are accounting for. Yes, these matches where all three setters but they were big tournament finals. Especially, in light of the 2 losses Nadal suffered to Djokovic on clay. One time its lucky, but we have clearly seen that Rafa doesn't deal well with new and improved Djokovic on any surface so far. Nadal is a great champion, and will certainly work out a game plan sooner or later that will see him get his share in the match up with Novak. But will it come tomorrow on the grass or later on, based on current form there isn't anything I see that Rafa has added since their meeting a few weeks ago in Rome. As this win streak has progressed the matches have so far gotten easier. Indian wells was tough, ok maybe miami a little closer. Then Madrid and Rome where pretty routine wins, and on clay as well.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Sat 02 Jul 2011, 8:28 pm

Novak had a four matching winning streak on hardcourts before they faced off in the USO and Rafa still won. Granted, this is the MkII version he's facing now but one thing that Rafa has added in the latter stages of this tournament is more power on the serve. I think Bright-hsd made some good points above as Novak attacked Rafa's backhand like mad till it did break down or he did everything he could to run round it which left him just as open. Murray had a good pounding at it yesterday, but I was pleased to see that Rafa stood up to it. And again I agree that Rafa trying to attack Novak's b/h didn't work either - painful to watch - but the backhand is also one of Murray's great shots, but yesterday saw Rafa targetting the weaker forehand so much. If anything, Rafa's a good learner and he had a good workout yesterday of practising the kind of play he will probably make tomorrow, and 5 sets does give him more time to work out what to do during a match.
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sat 02 Jul 2011, 8:33 pm

Good points socal. However, lets not underestimate the importance of a match being played over 5 sets and Rafa's strength in those situations - Nole is 5-0 to Rafa dont forget in slams and was 3-0 before last USO. I think Rafa will have a slow start due to the "history" of the past few matches and he's a slow starter anyway. But I think he'll start to claw back at Nole, and it'll be warm weather tomorrow too so fitness and mental focus over an extended period may come into play. Plus the Nadal of yesterday is not the same as Nole played earlier this year, his form was far better yesterday - and can Nole keep up the unbelievable form he had against Nadal earlier too...an intriguing match for sure but I slightly side with Nadal as victor, he's not a mental fortress for nothing.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Sat 02 Jul 2011, 9:30 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZgqzrHrnZQ

All those who are saying that rafa was not at his best in the 4 tournaments he lost against djoker then they must see this clip. It is very clear that the way rafa breaks down his opponents, djoko broke him down. A slugfest for most of the duration but djoko did outmuscle rafa in the past 4 tournaments. If he can do it for 2 sets then why not 3 sets in a row?

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sat 02 Jul 2011, 9:38 pm

Wow...yes but his form was more patchy through tournaments than usual.
Let's see what happens tomorrow...yes he can do it for 3 in a row, its just that much harder to do it. And if it's 4 or more...
I think Nole needs to win the 1st two to be honest.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Sat 02 Jul 2011, 9:40 pm

Also, nadal did not use the slice against him. It will be intersting to see as how djoko will deal with his slice. Rafa too will need his first serve because Djoko does not let his second serve goes unpunished.

All in all, looking for a very interesting match, I will be much much happier if Serbian wins.

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sat 02 Jul 2011, 9:47 pm

lol...I think we understand allegiances on here in the main. Murray struggled with Nadal's slice and he's using it as a specific strategy, and Rafa is volleying more too, and may do again Nole too. It will be a great match to look forward to no doubt. Let's hope it actually is a great match.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 02 Jul 2011, 10:46 pm

Wooffie and Lydian, I don't know about putting too much stock in how this rivalry played out in 2010. Rafa I think needs to use the slice backhand and use his opportunities to move into the court and even come to net as others have mentioned. Still, I think Novak isn't going to be lacking in terms of experience, he has played on the biggest stages before. I think currently he seems to have worked out a superior strategy and the ability to beat Nadal more regularly. If Novak has a good serving day, i think this is an easier match than many have predicted. If he has a poor serving day it could get a lot tougher and he may very well lose the match. I just think Novak will be loose, relieved of the burden of the Mcrenoe streak, relieved of the burden of playing for number #1 and will come out free and easy, swinging from the hips.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Sat 02 Jul 2011, 10:56 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cstTjNiRvLw&feature=related

Another video to highlight as why rafa has task cut out for tomorrow. Rafa even tried slice in this match but it was coming back with the dividend.

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Sat 02 Jul 2011, 11:12 pm

Well for me, socal, 2010 now is done and dusted and Rafa needs to concentrate on the MkII version which has troubled him of late (although the MkI version was still good enough to beat him 4 times in succession on the hardcourts before the USO till Rafa overcame it, which was why I raised it).

IW/Miami were that close that Rafa could put IW down to a drastic loss of serve in the 2nd set and Miami down to 3 or so points in the 3rd set TB. What must have shocked the hell out of him was Madrid/Rome. His tactics were all over the place and he clearly had no answer.

Personally, rather than being loose, I think Djokovic will be as nervous as anything in the first set tomorrow and Rafa must take advantage - rather like himself in 2006. At some point, Djokovic will regroup and there we will have our battle royale. I just think that there has been time now to study what happened in the clay court season and he just has that mental fortitude this time. It could probably be a completely different story in 12 months time but just now, I think Rafa has the edge.
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat 02 Jul 2011, 11:27 pm

I think Nole will not be nervous and will start with a blast, he is raring to go, full on.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by FedsFan Sun 03 Jul 2011, 12:48 am

wow wrote:Fedrer's loss has been Rafa's loss Very Happy

Please explain!

I do hope Novak can make a decent match of it unlike Berdych last year which was a pathetic effort.

To expect him to win is asking too much as he is in his 1st final and it took Nadal 3 finals to finally squeeze out a first win.

ND has beaten Nadal 4 times in succession. Law of probabilities suggests the tables will be turned tomorrow. I hope not though. Wonder how Nadal will feel waking up with the Wimbledon title for 2011 but being stripped of World No 1?

FedsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 03 Jul 2011, 1:34 am

Wooffie, good post. Rafa I think is a bit more fluid with his movement on the grass. I just get the feeling that it is Novak's time. This year, this particular tournament. Up until yesterday he hadn't really played well and had still managed to breeze through the draw for the most part. I think now after seeming to catch his timing in the Tsonga battle that he will be too much for Rafa. I think Novak will get after Nadal's serve. I think Rafa will have some success breaking down Novak's serve as well, I think Novak will do a better job of getting after Nadal's. I see Nadal breaking Novak 2 or 3 times, I see Novak breaking Rafa 4 or 5 times and winning the match.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Sun 03 Jul 2011, 8:54 am

fedsfan, rafa has a mental edge over federer. In a pre Wimby interview Nadal said that he prefers to play Federer. He does not like to play against Djoko and Del Po.

Although Nadal did manage to get past Delpo but delpo is improving all the time and the day is not far when he will come back to his winning ways as he knows how to beat Nadal.

Djoko imo is a bad match up for Nadal. He will make Rafa run and his strokes can hurt Nadal as we saw in the earlier 2 clips posted by me.

I am not saying that djoko will win the match or lose it. It is going to be a close one and Djoko has a chance to win it unlike Fed at RG we know it was a foregone conclusion before the match even started.

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by superochog Sun 03 Jul 2011, 10:36 am

Nadal must server very very well - first server in 120s and over 70 %. If not it is all over for him. I couldn't belief how well Djoko returned Tsonga's serves. He reads serves so well. Maybe Rafa's left handed serve is not so easy to read. I suppose in a long tournament like grand slam, someone like Djoko must have got used to reading right handed serve and when he finally get s left handed serve it will take a bit of adjustment. I am so nervous and excited at the same time - I love them both Hug

superochog

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Sun 03 Jul 2011, 11:09 am

Wonder how Nadal will feel waking up with the Wimbledon title for 2011 but being stripped of World No 1?

I think he'll settle quite happily for that.

Cos if he does win today, on 8th August Novak Djokovic will wake up being stripped of the World No. 1.
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Sun 03 Jul 2011, 1:20 pm

So many experts are saying that Rafa have been there and done it and that's why he is the favourite to win.

Rafa was in the more or less same position in 2008 but he came triumphant. I will wish the same for Djoko.

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by luciusmann Sun 03 Jul 2011, 3:46 pm

Despite all the tennis/media pundits who tipped Nadal, I didn't think so at all, thought it would be close but this a master class mostly from Djokovic. Nadal was wooped in that second set, when was the last time he lost a set that badly in a grand slam final?

Nadal won't be settling for Wimbledon No.3 with the way Djokovic is dominating right now.

It's nice to know my prediction for the final match and the semi final winners is absolutely right on! I hope some of you got some bets on Djokovic!

luciusmann

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 03 Jul 2011, 3:51 pm

It ain't over yet fellas, as a Novak fan I am a bit edgy Novak really shouldn't give this guy of all people a second chance.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Sun 03 Jul 2011, 4:47 pm

good job that I did not make the prediction but my analysis was right. So many pundits making rafa favorite beofer the match, unbelievable that was.
So happy for nole

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 03 Jul 2011, 4:55 pm

socal1976 wrote:I am predicting that Novak beats Nadal in three or 4 sets, and that this final is actually not going to be as close as people think. Not that Nadal isn't a great champion or that he can't beat Novak. But 4 losses in a row is a bit of a disturbing trend. Novak who has his serve and fitness together, like he does in 2011 is a very tough match up for Nadal. This match like most matches is going to come down to two crucial stastics. First serve percentage, and percentage of points won on second serve. We are talking about 2 of the top 3 returners in the business, and while both guys are good servers neither one is overwhelming from the service line. I look for Novak to really get at Rafa's second serve and to hit a high percentage of first serves and to take this match. The pressure quite frankly is more on Nadal, Novak has the #1 ranking, and has already improved on his results from last year's wimbeldon. Nadal has a mountain of points to defend and if he has any, any hope of regaining the #1 before the end of the year he has to win tomorrow.

I should have bet on this, what a great day as a novak fan. Nadal is such a gracious champ, congrats to him.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Sun 03 Jul 2011, 4:56 pm

What a time for the mic to fail.

Nadal is such a great guy to be patient, considering that this is such a difficult moment for him.

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Sun 03 Jul 2011, 4:57 pm

wow wrote:good job that I did not make the prediction but my analysis was right. So many pundits making rafa favorite beofer the match, unbelievable that was.
So happy for nole

Well I'm not a pundit, but I have egg all over my face just the same.

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Sun 03 Jul 2011, 5:05 pm

kemet wrote:
wow wrote:good job that I did not make the prediction but my analysis was right. So many pundits making rafa favorite beofer the match, unbelievable that was.
So happy for nole

Well I'm not a pundit, but I have egg all over my face just the same.

I was talking about bbc preview, only Henman was favouring Nole.

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next