The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ibrahimovic claims he turned City down

2 posters

Go down

Ibrahimovic claims he turned City down Empty Ibrahimovic claims he turned City down

Post by ADMIN Mon 14 Feb 2011, 8:16 pm

AC Milan striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic claims that he held talks with Manchester City last summer but returned to Italy because he did not want to 'play for money'.

Reports had stated that mega-rich City were ready to pay out record-breaking fees after the Sweden international decided he wanted to quit after a disappointing year at Barcelona.

Former Inter Milan superstar Ibrahimovic has declared that discussions took place with City, but he wanted to be immediately challenging for medals and so chose AC Milan.

"I had a couple of talks with City and they had a fantastic project going on but I'm not one of those players who wants to go there and play for money," he said ahead of Tuesday's meeting with Tottenham in the UEFA Champions League.

"For me, it's important to see what kind of future there is, what kind of possibilities there is. For me, the project of City is not now.

"I think in a couple of years they will be a top team but Milan now is at the top and for me, I want to be playing at the top when I'm 29 rather than 32.

"It was not about money. If you are a great player there is money everywhere."

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Ibrahimovic claims he turned City down Empty Re: Ibrahimovic claims he turned City down

Post by VintageStorm Mon 14 Feb 2011, 11:04 pm

Ibrahimovic was a legend in his own mind. He once claimed he was the best player in the world, at a time when Zizu, Ronaldinho and co were in their pomp. Hard to take a player seriously after that. Have never rated him personally, and he wouldn't make the Citeh first team too often if all players fit.

VintageStorm

Back to top Go down

Ibrahimovic claims he turned City down Empty Re: Ibrahimovic claims he turned City down

Post by ADMIN Mon 14 Feb 2011, 11:07 pm

Totally agree, for me he's one of if not the most overrated player going, how Barca gave Inter 48 million Euros and Samuel Eto is beyond me.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down