The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the big deal about Tim Bradley?????

+19
Steffan
captain carrantuohil
The Galveston Giant
paperbag_puncher
J.Benson II
Rowley
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Young_Towzer
bellchees
milkyboy
wow_junky
Daz
Scottrf
Fists of Fury
88Chris05
eddyfightfan
coxy0001
The genius of PBF
TRUSSMAN66
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What is the big deal about Tim Bradley????? - Page 2 Empty What is the big deal about Tim Bradley?????

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 06 Jul 2011, 11:26 am

First topic message reminder :

Am I missing something here.....He just looks like such a run of the mill fighter who in the 80's would be a journeyman......

The guy is nothing special....I don't see it at all..

The guy is a complete over achiever....

Can anybody see him COMPETING with Curry, Starling, Trinidad, Pryor, Camacho, Taylor, Mcgirt, Chavez, DelaHoya, Hatton, Breland....etc etc etc etc..

Jog on Khan fight Brook, Morales, Judah,Mayweather etc and just leave this plodder behind..

Bradley is nothing special...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

What is the big deal about Tim Bradley????? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is the big deal about Tim Bradley?????

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 06 Jul 2011, 5:30 pm

He thinks he sells better than he does.....

For sure I'd rather he fought him than the paulie's of this world.......You know it's not something legacy making or breaking.. and beating an ordinary fighter like him is not something that would discount greatness for Khan down the road..

In my opinion.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

What is the big deal about Tim Bradley????? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is the big deal about Tim Bradley?????

Post by paperbag_puncher Wed 06 Jul 2011, 5:33 pm

At this stage of Morale's career not Khans.

I'm not Khan's biggest fan but hes too big, too quick and would just be too much for Morales who is done. Morales doesnt hit as hard as Maidana so wouldnt even give him a pucher's chance. Khan would just box the head of him from outside like he did to Malinaggi.

In answer to your question Khans beat nobody as good as Morales WAS. Hes finished now and not a valid option. 6 losses outta 10 Truss? How do you get any credit for making it 7 outta 11?

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 06 Jul 2011, 5:36 pm

Too big and quick for Maidana too wasn't he..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Wed 06 Jul 2011, 5:39 pm

Can't help thinking that Morales' performances against Maidana was an example of what financial folk call "a dead cat bounce". A last hurrah, against the one top light-welter without sufficient variety to trouble Erik at a weight for which he looks, to my eye, to be manifestly unsuited.

On the X had trouble with Y, Y had trouble with Z, so Z is entitled to a go with X line of thinking, then Morales should be allowed to take his chance against Khan. However, I could only view that as a remunerative and relatively pain-free night for Khan against a man who has seen far better days. You can't blame Khan for padding his CV and bank balance with as big a name as Morales, but a name is really all that Erik has left. In no way could this fight be viewed as significant as a unification battle against Bradley.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Wed 06 Jul 2011, 5:41 pm

Styles make fights remember? 6 outta 10 Truss, 6 outta 10...

Morales should hang em up. Only gonna do himself harm and tarnish his legacy.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 06 Jul 2011, 5:44 pm

You could be right..there is a touch of x,y,z about it..

But I disagree in essence I believe Bradley to be the easier night...He is so ordinary....Outpointed by a mile for me..

Morales will give Khan angles and isn't a plodder.....

I'm getting 6 out of 10 because you don't agree with my opinion...

Styles make fights you're right....JUst as I'm sure you were when you picked Douglas to beat Tyson!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Wed 06 Jul 2011, 5:45 pm

Truss, the fact that you think Bradley is an average fighter is irrelevant to the scenario.

The fact is, Bradley holds two of the belts, and any fight between he and khan would be a title unification, Ring mag belt match for the position of undisputed Champ at 140lb.

Any fight with morales would be a money spinner against a faded legend fighting 3 divisions above his best weight class.

Bradley is a solid all rounder without being spectacular. For the reasons above he is a must fir khans cv - and likewise khan is a must for his. It may not be a pretty fight, but it's the kind of fight that needs to happen in boxing on a regular basis - ie no1 and no2 straightening out who's top dog.

If khan is established undisputed champ at 140 (which hatton never was) he brings a lot more credibility to the table in his apparent dream match (obsession) with mayweather.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Wed 06 Jul 2011, 5:51 pm

Ha you're getting 6 outta 10 cos it shows you Morales is past it. He's lost to guys like Diaz and Maidana who arent fit to lace his gloves. Diaz scoring was a bit contentious i'll admit but still cant understand how you dont think Morales is way to past it to trouble Khan. Each to there own I suppose its all about opinions....

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 06 Jul 2011, 5:54 pm

I consider Bradley's belts to be irrelevant...

Maussa-Hatton was basically a unification fight...We all knew that would be a walkover..

I don't rate Bradley.....and I'm not the only one..I hope one day you will join us Wink .that John lennon has a lot to answer for..

Khan is one of the only names for Mayweather now..

Khan-Mayweather without a borefest with Tim is huge in this Country..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 06 Jul 2011, 5:58 pm

Maidana lost to the useless Kotelnik......so what...Mosley lost twice to Forrest and went on...

Sure Eric is past it but he's a great and his past it..is better than a lot of Malignan breads primes....

He's so past it I thought he beat Maidana..

I was marked and taught by the cream of the Roxbury teaching profession....

6 out of 10 marks is certainly alien to me..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Wed 06 Jul 2011, 6:02 pm

I thought he gave a good account of himself but I didnt think he won to be honest.

Surprised you dont rate Bradley at all. Young, undefeated, American world champion I thought he'd be right up your street...

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed 06 Jul 2011, 6:56 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Don't get involved Pbf...Ignore him he might go away....

a wum who would bring Cotto up to try and wind people up if they were talking about football, sad and has had plenty of bans and his aggressive obsession with Mayweather calls me pathetic haha? bit deluded that like. Then a fat yank who makes stories up about going into bars and battering people on drugs, says Bradley is ordinary but he's rated as the #1 in the world at LWW haha, what a pair of deluded walter mittee's. Trussman, you try and be intelligent and call anyone 'pathetic' a 'wum' or a 'kid' who doesn't agree with you, and your cyber bully stroke tag along Mayweather fanboy is just a bonafied laughing stock. Who has had more bans than Roy Keane, the old saying goes you can't polish a Trussman/Genius of, i agree.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 06 Jul 2011, 7:13 pm

Just because I'm American doesn't mean I don't recognise an average fighter when i see one...If he fights Khan I hope he wins..

Towzer like I said I'm not interested..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 06 Jul 2011, 7:40 pm

When have I ever been banned???..please enlighten me..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 06 Jul 2011, 7:42 pm

I don't think he knows the difference between being banned and quitting...4 times.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 06 Jul 2011, 7:46 pm

Well it's time he learned..and it's five..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 06 Jul 2011, 7:52 pm

Want to be careful writing all that insulting stuff Towzer!!!

Someone who cared might find it offensive!! 8)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 06 Jul 2011, 7:59 pm

Truss im in Ireland at the moment. Loads of you Americans on the Fishguard to Rosslare ferry. Guess you lot quite like your tours of Wales and Ireland etc. I got talking to one of them who said they had a great time in Wales and the people were very friendly. I guess not evey Yank who comes to Europe has your low opinion of us...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 06 Jul 2011, 8:00 pm

I've got a high opinion of the Welsh as have my friends back home...

That have heard of the place...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 06 Jul 2011, 8:01 pm

Some of the best American actors come from there...

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 06 Jul 2011, 8:02 pm

Not going to let Scotty get away with insulting you like that are you Steff!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Wed 06 Jul 2011, 8:09 pm

Lads - please can we discuss boxing, not each other.

For the record - Bradley has made the most out of a slightly more limited talent pool than the likes of Maidana and Khan. Khan has fast hands, Maidana has heavy hands and power shots.

Bradley does nothing outstandingly - but he doesn't do anything badly. And he's beaten the number 2 at the weight 3 times now - in Witter, Holt and Alexander. I'll be interested to see what he does once he resolves his promotional issues - its not a secret that he wants to move on.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 06 Jul 2011, 8:12 pm

The blue oyster is closed for renovation..

How else can we discuss eachother .... kiss

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 06 Jul 2011, 8:13 pm

Khan is the best fighter in the world at Light Welterweight. The Ring Title is vacant. Khan will beat Bradley and be champion

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Jul 2011, 8:30 pm

Happy birthday Towzer thumbsup

Did you do anything special?

emancipator - peacemaker and unifying force of good

ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 06 Jul 2011, 8:32 pm

You do have an obsession YT, if it doesn't bother you simply don't comment and do us all a favour

Discuss the topic in hand or don't comment at all, very very simply

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Wed 06 Jul 2011, 8:34 pm

Cheers Ghosty and well said.

Discuss the thread - which is interesting or leave it be.

I reiterate:

For the record - Bradley has made the most out of a slightly more limited talent pool than the likes of Maidana and Khan. Khan has fast hands, Maidana has heavy hands and power shots.

Bradley does nothing outstandingly - but he doesn't do anything badly. And he's beaten the number 2 at the weight 3 times now - in Witter, Holt and Alexander. I'll be interested to see what he does once he resolves his promotional issues - its not a secret that he wants to move on.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 06 Jul 2011, 9:32 pm

Can we check if emancipator and towser are one in the same please.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Jul 2011, 10:12 pm

hello

Very Happy

I just checked,

I can confirm that we are different people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed 06 Jul 2011, 10:26 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:You do have an obsession YT, if it doesn't bother you simply don't comment and do us all a favour

Discuss the topic in hand or don't comment at all, very very simply

I discussed the topic, didn't trussman say im pathetic? and oxring let it go over his head? thought so. Didn't the wum of the year bring Cotto up? when we were talking about Bradley mmmmm sounds like someone else is obsessed, i talked Bradley, end of.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 06 Jul 2011, 10:27 pm

Go away....there is a good boy.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed 06 Jul 2011, 10:31 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Go away....there is a good boy.

ssssssshhh cyber bully and go and make up a story about battering a junkie in a bar....

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 06 Jul 2011, 10:32 pm

Look how much longer am I going to have my threads ruined by this guy???

Ridiculous..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 06 Jul 2011, 10:51 pm

Now YT you've been asked once to drop it so take that advice, you are getting very tiresome and if you have any issues raise them with the mods don't go around ruining thread after thread

In short SHUT UP

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed 06 Jul 2011, 10:59 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Now YT you've been asked once to drop it so take that advice, you are getting very tiresome and if you have any issues raise them with the mods don't go around ruining thread after thread

In short SHUT UP

I havent been asked to drop it off anyone, i have informed the mods as well to complain about the far-fetched yank and yourself, telling people to shut up, in short stop being a keyboard warrior.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 06 Jul 2011, 11:03 pm

Read up the page dear boy, keep on topic or don't comment at all, very simple logic

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Thu 07 Jul 2011, 12:28 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Read up the page dear boy, keep on topic or don't comment at all, very simple logic

I kept on topic 'dear boy'
read up the page yourself and see him tell me to go away and say i'm 'pathetic', the words baffling spring to mind. I'll keep on topic, Bradley doesn't get the credit he deserves, holds good wins over Witter, Holt, Peterson, Alexander and is rated the number 1 man at 140, and rightly so. Also rightly so is now in most p4p ratings, long overdue.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Thu 07 Jul 2011, 2:24 am

I have to agree... Bradley is an ordinary fighter... but this debate shows all that is wrong with boxing at present.

The "number 1" won't fight the other "number 1" because the money isn't good enough. Add the mess of promotional ties into the mix. In my opinion Khan would beat Bradley, but from what I've seen/heard, Bradley isn't worth the purse/Khan won't give more of the purse despite being the bigger draw.

The fight is based 70% money and 30% pride. If Khan or Bradley cared about unifying they would take the money out of the equasion.

As for fighting Morales... that wouldn't prove a lot, but Khan would earn himself a payday... which is what he seems most interested in. Besides, the guy has been calling out Mayweather again, I'd love to see him in there with PBF Smile

Last edited by School Project on Thu 07 Jul 2011, 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Thu 07 Jul 2011, 8:34 am

Better than making up you box and offer the posters on here for a date in your gym. Whistle

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Thu 07 Jul 2011, 11:18 am

The genius of PBF wrote:Better than making up you box and offer the posters on here for a date in your gym. Whistle

Yeah sure, i don't need to make nothing up sad act, go back to watching your Mayweather dvd with a toilet roll

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Thu 07 Jul 2011, 11:19 am

Young_Towzer wrote:
The genius of PBF wrote:Better than making up you box and offer the posters on here for a date in your gym. Whistle

yeah sure, your wum tactics don't work, why don't you just jog on. Saddo Very Happy

Obsessed Smile

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 07 Jul 2011, 11:25 am

Or you could both get back on topic and bicker in private if that's what you wish to do

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Thu 07 Jul 2011, 11:27 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Or you could both get back on topic and bicker in private if that's what you wish to do

Here comes the teachers pet

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 07 Jul 2011, 11:28 am

Pretty much defunct this thread now.....

They can play on here if they want..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 07 Jul 2011, 11:30 am

The genius of PBF wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:Or you could both get back on topic and bicker in private if that's what you wish to do

Go ahead and insult me then PBF, if you wish to ignore some basic advice then go ahead

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Thu 07 Jul 2011, 11:33 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:
The genius of PBF wrote:

Go ahead and insult me then PBF, if you wish to ignore some basic advice then go ahead

Was not a insult but didn't you and a few others not shut up when arguing with D4 all the time...Maybe you should take your own advice. thumbsup

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 07 Jul 2011, 11:35 am

Last time of asking PBF, get back on topic or don't comment at all

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Thu 07 Jul 2011, 11:40 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Last time of asking PBF, get back on topic or don't comment at all

Ghosty you still bitter about losing out to Azania in the mod race?.... cake Have some cake on my behalf might make you feel better.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Thu 07 Jul 2011, 11:42 am

The genius of PBF wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:

yeah sure, your wum tactics don't work, why don't you just jog on. Saddo Very Happy

Obsessed Smile

Tell yourself that, you bore me, Goodbye
Although in closing i'm obsessed yet you get involved in a comment response to trussman? mmmm the other way round i'd say Very Happy

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Thu 07 Jul 2011, 11:46 am

Young_Towzer wrote:
The genius of PBF wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:

Obsessed Smile

Tell yourself that, you bore me, Goodbye
Although in closing i'm obsessed yet you get involved in a comment response to trussman? mmmm the other way round i'd say Very Happy

No you started it again by sucking up to coxy and saying dont fall for the bait remember? Your the obsessed one as usual...having the last word means a lot to you

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next