The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bristol City turn down 2 more bids for Nicky Maynard

3 posters

Go down

Bristol City turn down 2 more bids for Nicky Maynard Empty Bristol City turn down 2 more bids for Nicky Maynard

Post by hodge Wed 06 Jul 2011, 3:34 pm

From bcfc.co.uk

City have rejected two further bids from an unnamed npower Championship club for Nicky Maynard.

The formal offers came from the same club who tabled a bid two weeks ago, which was also rejected.

City chairman Colin Sexstone told bcfc.co.uk: "Once again we have made clear our position. We do not wish to sell Nicky, especially to a rival club in our division.

"Talks continue with Nicky and his representatives with regards to a new contract."

--------

The club in question is near enough known to be Leicester City, who have gone back to trying to get Maynard after they failed in their attempt to sign Mackail-Smith. The offers were thought to be around the £3.5 - £3.75 million. Apparantly though the only thing blocking Nicky from signing a new contract with Bristol City could be his agent who apparantly wants a greater fee for letting Nicky remain with the Bristol club.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Bristol City turn down 2 more bids for Nicky Maynard Empty Re: Bristol City turn down 2 more bids for Nicky Maynard

Post by hodge Wed 06 Jul 2011, 4:15 pm

a £4 million bid has now reportedly been turned down, however there are thoughts that city would accept a £5 million pund bid, personally hope we dont sell him this summer

hodge

Back to top Go down

Bristol City turn down 2 more bids for Nicky Maynard Empty Re: Bristol City turn down 2 more bids for Nicky Maynard

Post by jimbohammers Thu 21 Jul 2011, 3:57 pm

I personally hope West Ham go for him, he is quite injury prone though isnt he?

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu 21 Jul 2011, 4:00 pm

24 years old with 2 main injuries in his career, out for 6 months last season but then scored 6 or 7 after his return.

City have said they wont sell to a rival championship club, so if we were to (which i find unlikley) £5.5m probably would have to be a minimum.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Thu 21 Jul 2011, 4:30 pm

I doubt we would pay that tbh. Perhaps if he is doing well we might go for him in January. Why should he command a 6m fee?

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu 21 Jul 2011, 4:44 pm

- english.... it generally bumps the price up
- being one of the best strikers in the division (20 goal a season striker)
- his importance to our club
- the clubs who have come sniffing are generally very wealthy ie Leicester
- the sell on fee we have with Crewe (20% of any profit on the £2.25m we bought him at)
- reluctance to sell to another championship team (if it were a prem club we would probably sell at £5m)

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Thu 21 Jul 2011, 5:09 pm

Fair comments, what has the player said? No disrespect but if West Ham or Leicester put in a bid surely he would want to join one of them?

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu 21 Jul 2011, 5:19 pm

not alot has come from Nicky tbh, Nicky wants to play premier league football which he has said, so at the moment imo he is waiting to see if a premier league club somes in. If one doesn't however it will be interesting, from what i've seen/comments he has made is that he is happy at Ashton Gate and would continue playing there, as he has said he wants to help Bristol City achieve their goal of promotion.

I think he sees another championship club as a sideways step, beig the most competitive league in england no team is guaranteed promotion so signing for another team in this league may not guarantee him premier league football next year.

Interesting comment from him in Portugal, he mentioned he couldnt/isnt allowed to train properly until January, would think that would put any club off almost instantly.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Thu 21 Jul 2011, 5:36 pm

Sounds like he has injury concerns, should suit us down to the ground...

Wink

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu 21 Jul 2011, 6:18 pm

well just wouldnt be the thing to mention really if you were keen to move club you know, would put alot of clubs off, if someone cant train properly for another 6 months

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Tue 02 Aug 2011, 8:24 pm

hodge, looks like your gettin jordan spence on loan from us again. pleased?

Im surprised he isnt starting for us tbh

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 02 Aug 2011, 8:53 pm

where has that news come from?

If true i will be bouncing around the house all week Yahoo He was quality for us and we tried signing him earlier in the summer, may have to take him out of my fantasy team then though Laugh

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 02 Aug 2011, 9:16 pm

just seen his twitter page Yahoo

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Wed 03 Aug 2011, 10:39 am

Signed a new 4 year deal with us and now he is going back on loan. 90% of hammers fans are confused by this. Might have something to do with Maynard coming to us?

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Wed 03 Aug 2011, 3:56 pm

according to sky sports Allerdyce just wants him to get some more games if he isn't going to be playing for you

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Wed 03 Aug 2011, 8:49 pm

jimbohammers wrote:Signed a new 4 year deal with us and now he is going back on loan. 90% of hammers fans are confused by this. Might have something to do with Maynard coming to us?

Also Spence said on twitter 'Just to clear up. I'm not just back to get help completing Cover Orange from Nicky' obviously a joke comment, but i think Spence would want to know Maynard is sticking around if the 2 of them got on well last season.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Fri 05 Aug 2011, 10:16 am

Apparently we have bid 2m for Maynard, but told that Bristol City want 4m

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Fri 05 Aug 2011, 1:54 pm

we turned down around 4.75 from Leicester apparantly, we wouldn't even reply to 2m as we signed him for 2.25m

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Sun 07 Aug 2011, 8:12 pm

daily mail reckon West Ham will offer £4m + add ons, doubt this as Carew has come in unless Cole is leaving?

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 07 Aug 2011, 10:22 pm

West Ham must be dead and buried if they aren't promoted at this rate
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Sun 21 Aug 2011, 11:49 am

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7115799,00.html

Big Sam wants Maynard.

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Sun 21 Aug 2011, 12:46 pm

"It is down to whether Bristol City want to sell," Allardyce told The People.

which we dont.....

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Sun 21 Aug 2011, 6:21 pm

Im sure Maynard would want to join a better team though?

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Sun 21 Aug 2011, 9:42 pm

he wants to be playing premier league asap, with the championship being so unpredictable you guys may not go up and he's then tied down to a contract playing at the same level, he will want to wait till premier leagues may get desperate for a striker.

After Leicester his value has just gone up, and i believe Shane Long was also in his last year of his contract and cost west brom £6.5m, Long only had 1 season in the championship where he scored more than 10 goals being last year where he had over 20, Maynard has had 2 full seasons in the championship where he has scored 11 and 20. In short City will want a BIG offer if he is to leave us £6-7m i would expect and believe me he's worth it, if he had longer on his contract we would want 9m or so.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Mon 22 Aug 2011, 11:44 am

He is more likely to get promoted with West Ham, than Bristol City, no offence pal. Also no premierleague team is interested? I think your over pricing him a touch, 9m?

We bid 6m for Long, so wouldnt surprise me if we did take a gamble for Maynard.

How is Spence doing for your lot?

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Mon 22 Aug 2011, 2:20 pm

I said £9m if he had longer on his contract say and extra year or 2, not as an initial but with add ons etc

I know West Ham are more likely to, however your not there is my point, you see how Southampton, Brighton etc are doing, there is now reason why they can't keep going, last time i believe it took you 2 years to get repromoted? so could happen again and means Maynard is tied down.

I've only seen Spence play once so far (play cricket on saturdays till september) and that was at leicester, he looked pretty good, not outstanding but comfortable, think it was Lloyd Dyer he was keeping quiet as well. I heard good reviews for him from saturday Vs Pompey though.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Mon 22 Aug 2011, 3:18 pm

Sorry misread what you put.

He did take us 2 attempts las time in the championship, but we have a much stronger squad this year round.

Lets see what happens..

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down