The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+33
Mickado
Adam D
robbo277
RuggerRadge2611
Mick(TEFC)
welshjohn369
Pal Joey
Ozzy3213
littleswannygirl
perthshirepuma
HammerofThunor
The_Hound_of_Harrow
Rava
Gibson
MBTGOG
Sin é
mickyt
MeanAsCustard
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Notch
Thomond
Glas a du
TrailApe
Luckless Pedestrian
nottins
red_stag
Suspicious lurker
PenfroPete
Cari
prop_lyd
WillyGilly
OzT
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
37 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 08 Jul 2011, 9:19 am

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the virtual rugby pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the Tommy Bowe photo on the bar. That's a banning offence

So pull up a chair....what'll it be? appletini guinness cider Ale

Link to the last Pub https://www.606v2.com/t8339-the-dew-dropshot-inn-virtual-rugby-pub#236042
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Mickado Thu 14 Jul 2011, 2:49 pm

It’s irrelevant anyway as it looks like he’ll be fit for the world cup.

We’d be fairly boned without ROG, but Leinster won a HC without proper outhalf cover I suppose.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Notch Thu 14 Jul 2011, 2:51 pm

red_stag wrote:
Notch wrote:I never said it was. My views are my own, I'm not speaking for the IRFU here.

I know I just find it a warped view.

How is it warped? Its fantastic whenever an Ulster player is selected to pull on the green of Ireland. I will be so proud if Humphreys gets capped, and I feel he deserves it as well.

But I want Ulster to do well. This could derail our season.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 14 Jul 2011, 2:52 pm

We'll prob follow up this discusssion on the other thread Notch keep this place free from it.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 14 Jul 2011, 2:54 pm

Yeah you two, take it elsewhere! You're ruining my lurking experience!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jul 2011, 2:56 pm

It's understandable that you get panicked when your team is going to lose it's best players (I know I am with the prosect of the Scarlets losing about 9 of their starting 15!) but this is what happens during a world cup. You've just got to deal with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jul 2011, 2:57 pm

and oops sorry, maybe shouldn't have just added the above.

I can't wait for August to get here now, I want to actually physically hold my season ticket! so wish it would hurry up Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 14 Jul 2011, 2:58 pm

yeah we haven't got the handbag smiley anymore!

Mickado - I've been looking through the guide book my pal give me. It's got a map in the back so I won't get lost! It's even got suggested itineraries I could have a go at. Very Happy

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 14 Jul 2011, 3:00 pm

I know, dreamer, I know... we're losing at least 7, possibly 9, and all of them are our most experienced players.

If we lose those 7 we can compete very, very well. 9 is going to be practically impossible for us. Praying that Muller and Humphreys are available.

I have no problem with losing players who are going to really be important parts of their countries squads. Thats good for everybody, and other teams are coping with the exact same problems It's losing players who will be unused back-ups when we need them so much that really puts the fear in me.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 14 Jul 2011, 3:02 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:and oops sorry, maybe shouldn't have just added the above.

I can't wait for August to get here now, I want to actually physically hold my season ticket! so wish it would hurry up Smile

Well... I was just replying to your post then. Sorry!

I feel the same way. The World Cup is great, but the difference between getting up to watch a game in the SH on TV and actually going to see the real thing in the flesh is immeasurable Smile
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Thu 14 Jul 2011, 3:04 pm

Notch wrote:
red_stag wrote:Yea I think some people get very militant "I have no respect for anyone who'd do that etc"

Idiotic. People love to talk about something they know nothing about.

Don't want to get back into this but I don't think it's idiotic for people to think like that. There is a girl in my house who has had one of the worst cases to deal with I have known of when it comes to suicide yet she has no problem with what other people think which is something maybe you could do.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 14 Jul 2011, 3:05 pm

Mine'll be ready for me to collect on 19th August, Dreamer. It's only the second time I've had a Dragons season ticket, and the first time was ages ago (the second season of regional rugby). Very Happy

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jul 2011, 3:07 pm

That's the nature of the world cup though Notch. Priestland may go to the world cup as 3rs choice for both FH and FB, 2nd choice at best, but I can still see him going and I'll be happy for him if he does go, and if he gets to play I'll be a very proud Scarlet. I know it might be annoying if they don't get much game time when you think they could be doing more back home, but the country always comes first. That's just the way it is. And that's all I am now going to say on the subject.

I just booked a table for me and my friends for Sat night to go out for food as an early birthday treat for me, then hopefully after a great night out we'll be cinema'ing it on the Sunday. Should be a fab fab weekend Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jul 2011, 3:08 pm

luckless_pedestrian wrote:Mine'll be ready for me to collect on 19th August, Dreamer. It's only the second time I've had a Dragons season ticket, and the first time was ages ago (the second season of regional rugby). Very Happy

Nice one Luclky! Mine's being posted to my Carmarthenshire address the 2nd week of August. Can't wait to get my hands on it I really can't. Never thought I'd get this excited about getting a season ticket! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 14 Jul 2011, 3:23 pm

I didn't really go that often when I had my last season ticket. My dad and I had tickets for seats in the Hazell Stand but we didn't go that often. It was Percy Montgomery's last season at Rodney Parade but his heart didn't seem to be in it by then. I saw some great matches though - we beat Perpignan in the Heineken Cup for one.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Thu 14 Jul 2011, 3:27 pm

I hear that O'Gara has torn his calf muscle and is in a race to be fit for the start of the world cup.
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Thu 14 Jul 2011, 3:28 pm

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2011/0714/ogarar_injury.html
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jul 2011, 3:33 pm

I always forget that Percy used to play for you guys! I never liked him, couldn't tell you why, I think the main thing was that stupidly his hair really irritated me! completely irrational Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Thu 14 Jul 2011, 3:37 pm

Micky,

There's a thread on it in the World Cup Picks section.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 14 Jul 2011, 3:44 pm

I see Benn Robinson, the Aussie prop, is out for sure - cruciate. That's a huge loss for Oz.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/classic-wallabies-statesman-feels-robinsons-pain-at-losing-cup-spot-20110714-1hg49.html
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 14 Jul 2011, 3:46 pm

Yeah, a massive loss for them. They could be vulnerable in the scrums. Won't matter much if they don't drop the ball Wink

Let's hope for some good old fashioned Irish weather to follow us down Whistle
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 14 Jul 2011, 4:05 pm

Gibbo: random question, with the whole relocation to a different country; how did you manage ti i.e was it fairly easy to get a job etc??
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jul 2011, 4:16 pm

I thought it was always sunny in Ireland? Especially Belfast.

For the Wales based regs. Richard Parks has a homecoming on Tuesday at 4pm. It's at The Senedd in Cardiff. I reckon I'll be going and thought some of you might wish to go.

Also, I know hardly any of you are bothered about Rugby League, but there is a Four Nations double header at Wembley on the 5th November. Wales v NZ and England v Australia. It's a great opportunity to see the best players in the World and it's only a tenner for the whole day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jul 2011, 4:25 pm

4pm? ah bu gger won't be able to make that, stuck in work until 5pm Sad would have loved to have gone!

with regards to the rugby league, a £10 for that sounds a bargain to me, plus I've never been to Wembley. Guess it depends on what union games are on around then for me though, otherwise I'll be well interested in that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 14 Jul 2011, 4:31 pm

prop_lyd wrote:Gibbo: random question, with the whole relocation to a different country; how did you manage ti i.e was it fairly easy to get a job etc??

Prop,
I came here in 1986. It was the land of milk and honey and freelance-IT work was plentyful - as were the shekels being paid. It has changed now with the recession - but in the right fields, I dont see why a man of your calibre cant make the jump.

I can safely say it was the best thing I ever did.

If you are job-hunting here - the Employment agency who sets you up, is responsible for advising you on paperwork and housing. They do it for you. As you are a member of the EU - all that is quite easy now.

I'll PM you and help you look/investigate it further, if you want. NP. OK
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 14 Jul 2011, 4:35 pm

Oi Prop,
Why you no ma frenn? Huh? Wink

I added you. Please accept and we can trade info.OK
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jul 2011, 4:40 pm

Dreamer, it might be HC weekend. I can't remember. So obviously it depends on who the Scarlets are playing. I'm hoping it's an away game for the Dragons and I'll miss it. Though given the rarity of this kind of event, I am still tempted to go to Wembley anyway. I've never been either.

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 14 Jul 2011, 4:40 pm

mickyt wrote:I hear that O'Gara has torn his calf muscle and is in a race to be fit for the start of the world cup.

Fear not we have Paddy Wallace and the Humph in reserve!
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 14 Jul 2011, 4:40 pm

Sorry went offline will look now!! Just accepting you now, only a random pondering seeing as i'm young and could go anywhere!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jul 2011, 4:40 pm

An away game that's not Exeter anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 14 Jul 2011, 4:49 pm

roddersm wrote:
mickyt wrote:I hear that O'Gara has torn his calf muscle and is in a race to be fit for the start of the world cup.

Tell that to Notch who is more worried that Ulster could lose another player to the inconvenience of international rugby.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu 14 Jul 2011, 4:50 pm

I'm hoping to come to Exeter as well Rev
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 14 Jul 2011, 4:51 pm

red_stag wrote:
roddersm wrote:

Tell that to Notch who is more worried that Ulster could lose another player to the inconvenience of international rugby.

Feck good point.....

Fear not we have Niall O'Connor in reserve!
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 14 Jul 2011, 4:53 pm

roddersm wrote:
red_stag wrote:
roddersm wrote:

Feck good point.....

Fear not we have Niall O'Connor in reserve!

No you don't he's at Connacht
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 14 Jul 2011, 4:53 pm

prop_lyd wrote:Sorry went offline will look now!! Just accepting you now, only a random pondering seeing as i'm young and could go anywhere!!

Now with that kind of attitude - you will succeed. Random pondering is how I started. Came for a long weekend and was offered an interview/contract in a Pub. Which was nice.

Where would you like to go man. Any ideas?

It seems for goys your age - the prime destination is Oz now. My two sons are heading that way. One this year the other next year. I know countless young guys (nephews, sons of friends etc) - who have made the move. Not one wants to come back sooo.. that's maybe an option pal. Best to do this before you hit 30. That's the cut-off age - unless you are invited for a specific job that they really need an outsider to fill.

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 14 Jul 2011, 4:56 pm

red_stag wrote:
No you don't he's at Connacht

No I meant Ireland can have him because we're keeping the humph!
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jul 2011, 5:01 pm

hughie1986 wrote:I'm hoping to come to Exeter as well Rev

Good. It'll be good to have a neutral to Stop AS and I knocking lumps out of each other. Well neutral in the loosest sense of the word anyway, as I know you're a bit of a Chiefs fan.

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 14 Jul 2011, 5:04 pm

Risca Rev wrote:

Good. It'll be good to have a neutral to Stop AS and I knocking lumps out of each other. Well neutral in the loosest sense of the word anyway, as I know you're a bit of a Chiefs fan.

Nah, he's just a bit loose, Rev

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Thu 14 Jul 2011, 5:15 pm

bonsoir,
comment ca va tlm?

Getting towards the final planning stage for the SB, so those who ain't already declared, please make yerselves known on FB.Looks like around 60+ for the party, but for those who wish to arrive/depart before/after, no problemo, as we don't say round here.

Was hopeful of a Welsh stage win in the TdF today, but it gets steeper and steeper.

Any news of the European club competition draws yet, or are we going to have to sort your French visits in August?
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu 14 Jul 2011, 5:20 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:

Nah, he's just a bit loose, Rev

Blasphemy
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 14 Jul 2011, 5:22 pm

Leinster will lose most of their 1st XV to the RWC, but I actually love seeing the new guys play. Can't wait to see Conway, Madigan, O Malley, Macken et al .. play in the PRO12.

Yeah As. Hugs is very very loose. So loose he's fluid. Love da bones of im. Ale
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Thu 14 Jul 2011, 5:26 pm

What does PRO stand for in Pro 12?And why is it inscribed in capital letters?
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 14 Jul 2011, 5:42 pm

Professional Rugby Organisation?

Dunno. I think its just PRO for Professional...

How's you Chef? I hope this clears up in the next week or I wont be lying in a tent on the ground.

It is Sciatica I was told today. Phhokin painful too. It has to run it's course.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jul 2011, 5:45 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20