The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does MITB need spicing up?

5 posters

Go down

Does MITB need spicing up? Empty Does MITB need spicing up?

Post by JonnyRobbo Fri 08 Jul 2011, 10:49 am

Imagine this..... 20 minutes into the raw mitb match 'gong' it goes pitch black, nobody can see a thing, 10 seconds later the lights are up and theres the Undertaker at the top of the ladder with the briefcase in his hand. 'Gong' it goes black again and the Undertaker and the case is nowhere to be seen, the Undertaker has won the mitb match. We don't see or hear from the Undertaker again until April 1st 2012, WrestleMania XXVIII. John Cena has just defeated the Rock for the WWE championship or vice-versa spends 2-3 minutes celebrating with the crowd and 'gong' the undertaker appears and cashes in his briefcase and defeats either Cena or the Rock to become the WWE champion and extends his WrestleMania record to 20-0.

Alternativley can you imagine the reaction if at mitb VKM comes out to announce there will be another contender for the match, 10 seconds later 'if you smell what the rock is cooking'. Can you imagine the fans reaction to this? The Rock win the mitb mtch, cashes in around the Royal Rumble / Elimination Chamber and defends the title against Cena at WrestleMania stating 'it should have always been this way'.

Personally people like The Undertaker, Rock, HHH etc should be involved in matches like this and have a 3 month run with the championship whilst maybe teasing to cash in before the actually do!

JonnyRobbo

Back to top Go down

Does MITB need spicing up? Empty Re: Does MITB need spicing up?

Post by Mr H Fri 08 Jul 2011, 10:57 am

Without being an a*sshole, is it any wonder you've only made 4 posts?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 08 Jul 2011, 11:02 am

Mr H wrote:Without being an a*sshole, is it any wonder you've only made 4 posts?

you ever thought he might be a new member? also mind the language OK

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 08 Jul 2011, 11:11 am

Ok i'll re-phrase....

I think Taker and Rock winning are absolutely terrible ideas.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Fri 08 Jul 2011, 11:23 am

Couldn't disagree any more than I do. MITB should be used to elevate stars from the periphery of the main event. It can also be used for others to make a bit of a name for themselves and increase their stock with the fans and management a la Shelton Benjamin in the past.

They in no way should be used to give title shots to those already established as main eventers. It totally defeats the purpose as the likes of 'taker, HHH and The Rock could lay claim to a title shot at any time.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 08 Jul 2011, 11:34 am

I think this is an awful idea. I would hate it.

As liverbnz said, it would be a complete waste of an opportunity to move somebody new into main events.

I also think that it would be crazy (and it's completely unrealistic) to have an unadvertised appearances by The Rock at an off-brand PPV, especially in a match which wouldn't suit his style of wrestling at all.

Novice level fantasy booking, in my opinion.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down