The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+30
OzT
KiaRose
Portnoy
littleswannygirl
nottins
Rava
Pal Joey
Dave.
rhino-dragon
The_Hound_of_Harrow
PenfroPete
rodders
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
mickyt
Luckless Pedestrian
Adam D
WillyGilly
Glas a du
Suspicious lurker
prop_lyd
greybeard
red_stag
Notch
Thomond
Mickado
Gibson
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Mick(TEFC)
Cari
MBTGOG
34 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 19 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:45 am

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the virtual rugby pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the Tommy Bowe photo on the bar. That's a banning offence

So pull up a chair....what'll it be? appletini

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 19 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Notch Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:16 pm

luckless_pedestrian wrote:Wow, I hadn't really looked at the Heino groups until now. Ulster are in a horrible group.

When the going gets tough...

But yeah, there wouldn't be any shame in missing out on the quarter-finals. Hopefully we can win all our home games. We have an incredible home record in this comp.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 19 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by OnASideNote Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:19 pm

luckless_pedestrian wrote:Wow, I hadn't really looked at the Heino groups until now. Ulster are in a horrible group.

Yeah, and the fixtures haven't really fallen kindly either for our Northern Brethren......

OnASideNote

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:20 pm

There's always the argument that qualifying from a tough group stands you in better stead than cruising through an easier group.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:21 pm

I don't know. What we need is 4 or 5 points from the first two games, then 10 points off Aironi (will be a big ask this year I feel for all three teams) and that gives us a good chance of finishing in the top two of the group.

Like I said, if we won all our home games- I'd be happy with our performance.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:22 pm

Completely OT, but Laugh

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2016583/AwkwardFamilyPhotos-com-holiday-Awful-outfits-shocking-poses-embarrassing-parents.html

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:27 pm

Thomond wrote:Are you an NFL fan Asbo? I have been following the story and it is quite interesting about the correlation between concussion and depression. Apparently "The Fridge" has battled with depression and even contemplated suicide. He is also around 400 pounds now!

Thom, used to follow it very closely, big Bears fan (mainly cos of the 85 squad), and even ended up playing for the Brent Bandits (not to be confused with ar-se) for a couple of years, including a famous 51-0 hiding dished out to the touring Australian national side in 1990!

Braveheart

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:32 pm

Hobo wrote:put up a thread with the full list:

https://www.606v2.com/t9886-heineken-cup-dates#292769

Ale Hobo - ERC site is gash, just 'waiting' (for the last 10 Flip minutes !!)
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:33 pm

OnASideNote wrote:

Yeah, and the fixtures haven't really fallen kindly either for our Northern Brethren......

Looks good to me, a bonus point win over clermont at home followed by a win at Welford rd and we'll be cooking diesel..... guinness
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:35 pm

Apologies to Portnoy if he comes in, but I do enjoy seeing Leicester beaten.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:38 pm

Where's the Amlin? Heineken Cup is gash. End of. Fact.

Back to top Go down

Post by OnASideNote Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:40 pm

roddersm wrote:
OnASideNote wrote:

Looks good to me, a bonus point win over clermont at home followed by a win at Welford rd and we'll be cooking diesel..... guinness

And prize for biggest IF goes to................... Wink

OnASideNote

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:41 pm

Risca Rev wrote:Where's the Amlin? Heineken Cup is gash. End of. Fact.

Johnny Sexton is a poor mans Jason Tovey!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:46 pm

Mickado wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:Where's the Amlin? Heineken Cup is gash. End of. Fact.

Johnny Sexton is a poor mans Jason Tovey!

That's the spirit Kado Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:52 pm

iPhone revived. You may be hearing more from me.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:56 pm

Good stuff. I think my iPhone has a few issues too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:59 pm

HTC is the answer lads, screw the iPhone its just a fashion accessory
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by OnASideNote Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:01 pm

hughie1986 wrote:HTC is the answer lads, screw the iPhone its just a fashion accessory

Well, any Android device really...... Wink

The iPhone is just clever marketing (and to be fair design)

OnASideNote

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:07 pm

Good call on HTC, Hughie!

How can you miss a typo when it's in the headline?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-14214702

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:10 pm

Okay, they've spotted it now. Originally it had 'reget' instead of regret.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:22 pm

OnASideNote wrote:
hughie1986 wrote:HTC is the answer lads, screw the iPhone its just a fashion accessory

Well, any Android device really...... Wink

The iPhone is just clever marketing (and to be fair design)

The lads in work say the same, "ah man you know that apple track your movements and what you're doing when you use your phone?" to which the reply is always "google do the exact same". All phones are liable to faults, the iPhone is no less reliable than any other device. I've used loads of smartphones, from the samsung galaxy to the nokia N8 to the HTC desire and they're all the same, not very good...

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:25 pm

All these companys are the same. I often get customers who say that there are 5 million results when you type "broken Sony VAIO screens" into google. I always tell them that if they are in front of their computer to type "broken MACBOOK screens" into Google. There are over 6 million. Or to type in "broken TOSHIBA screens" into Google. There are 10 million.

All these big companies are the same really.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:28 pm

Saracens v Ospreys at Wembley then. I wish that was round one or two and I'd have gone. Nice trip for Penfro again and possibly Cari.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:30 pm

red_stag wrote:All these companys are the same. I often get customers who say that there are 5 million results when you type "broken Sony VAIO screens" into google. I always tell them that if they are in front of their computer to type "broken MACBOOK screens" into Google. There are over 6 million. Or to type in "broken TOSHIBA screens" into Google. There are 10 million.

All these big companies are the same really.

You should tell them that 4.5 million of those hits bring them to a site which explains how rare it is to find a broken Sony VAIO screen...

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:31 pm

I don't bother. I like my way. I usually reserve it for when customers say "This is a disgrace I'm never buying Sony again". They see that its the same no matter what company you use really.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:35 pm

Lads I'm going to do the twickers stadium tour on Friday with mama and pops, anyone been?? Is it any use?*
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:38 pm

hughie1986 wrote:Lads I'm going to do the twickers stadium tour on Friday with mama and pops, anyone been?? Is it any use?*

You really have no shame furious

Ok!

Braveheart

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:45 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
hughie1986 wrote:Lads I'm going to do the twickers stadium tour on Friday with mama and pops, anyone been?? Is it any use?*

Ok!

Braveheart

I agree wholeheartedly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:45 pm

Ah come on as, you, of all people, should know that already ;-)
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:54 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:

Ok!

Braveheart

I've done the Murrayfield Stadium tour :-P

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:03 am

It's different for Hughie though, he's just hopping onto the bandwagon now England are 6 Nations champs Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:04 am

Hughie, I haven't done that one but for what it's worth I took Gibbo on the Millennium Stadium tour about two years ago, and we both really enjoyed it. I'd say it's worth doing even if it just passes the time Smile

Risca - thanks for remembering little old me with HC fixtures Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:30 am

Any stadium tour is worthwhile in all seriousness (international anyway).

Ah well, can't keep putting off the old chores. Not as sore as I'd thought I'd be after training yesterday.

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:33 am

Munsty and me took Swanny and Sharpie on the Thomond Park tour
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by OnASideNote Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:44 am

Funnily enough Staggy, I have never done the Thomond Tour.......

Whats in ur own back yard is invisible I guess??

OnASideNote

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:48 am

reckon that's a bit true OnA, I've still yet to do the Millennium Stadium tour, really should do that one day....

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:50 am

Its true the fact they were there is only reason we did it. Its a good laugh though. Interactive videos and games, running out down the tunnel they turn on the noises of the crowd, you get to see dressing rooms, loads of memorabilia and theres a really cool room where all the teams who play there sign the walls. Loads of signatures of players and teams who've visited.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:59 am

I went on a tour of the old Arms Park with school years ago. I can't remember much about it.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:02 am

luckless_pedestrian wrote:I went on a tour of the old Arms Park with school years ago. I can't remember much about it.

It's the return of Vague News! What next lucky, Mouse News?
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:10 am

I can't remember much about Mouse News, Glas.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:17 am

Cows Mews have a fairly decent tour I hear.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:45 am

Just because I know you're all going to want to know Wink, the docs have diagnosed me with tonsillitis. Apparently it's all already on the mend though luckily, and I only came down with the symptoms yesterday. First time I've ever had it. Might use this as an excuse to buy myself some really nice ice cream Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by OnASideNote Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:45 am

Nice one dreamer...... Hug

OnASideNote

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:52 am

Cheers OnA Smile

The best bit was when she asked me what pain killer's I'd used yesterday and I had to lie and say throat losanges because I'd decided instead that a couple of glasses of wine last night was the best option for me. I doubt she'd have agreed!

Back to top Go down

Post by OnASideNote Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:57 am

laughing

OnASideNote

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:59 am

rugbydreamer wrote:Cheers OnA Smile

The best bit was when she asked me what pain killer's I'd used yesterday and I had to lie and say throat losanges because I'd decided instead that a couple of glasses of wine last night was the best option for me. I doubt she'd have agreed!

thumbsup

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:00 am

Glas a du wrote:
luckless_pedestrian wrote:I went on a tour of the old Arms Park with school years ago. I can't remember much about it.

It's the return of Vague News! What next lucky, Mouse News?

Speaking of which, sitting in the cinema with my gf the other day and she says to me (before the ads have even started up)

“you know what sweets I used to hate when I was younger…? Well I didn’t exactly hate them, they were ok. Well, they were decent like. I mean, you wouldn’t go out of your way to buy them but if there was one there you’d eat it, you know like if you….”

I interrupted with “FOR THE LOVE OF GOD JUST TELL ME WHAT SWEETS YOU’RE TALKING ABOUT!!”

To which she replied “ah I can’t remember the name of them…”

Unbelievable.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by OnASideNote Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:08 am

Is the lovely lass blonde Mick???

OnASideNote

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:11 am

Even worse Ona... the lady is from Cork. The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 19 2211252749

Just joshin Mick. guinness
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:14 am

aha just heard on the radio they are going to turn Captain Planet (I used to love that cartoon!) into a film! bet it'll be a bit rubbish but I don't care Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:16 am

My sister in law is blonde. A selection:

(politics) "what's all this right wing and left wing business"

(history) "why are they arguing in Northern Ireland?"

(culture) "who is he?" (about the main character in a film half way through, EVERY TIME!)

...and she's a teacher.

Doh
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next