The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+30
OzT
KiaRose
Portnoy
littleswannygirl
nottins
Rava
Pal Joey
Dave.
rhino-dragon
The_Hound_of_Harrow
PenfroPete
rodders
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
mickyt
Luckless Pedestrian
Adam D
WillyGilly
Glas a du
Suspicious lurker
prop_lyd
greybeard
red_stag
Notch
Thomond
Mickado
Gibson
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Mick(TEFC)
Cari
MBTGOG
34 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jul 2011, 5:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the virtual rugby pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the Tommy Bowe photo on the bar. That's a banning offence

So pull up a chair....what'll it be? appletini

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Wed 20 Jul 2011, 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by WillyGilly Wed 20 Jul 2011, 4:17 pm

Afternoon lads and ladettes. Nice to see you made the jump over here ONA!

Clermont up first for us then. A nice gimmie 5 pointer to get us started. Whistle

Parliament off on summer recess now. Genuinely wouldn't surprise me if they were called to deal with some crisis or other. Hitting the gym now to go and pump some 'Ron.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by prop_lyd Wed 20 Jul 2011, 4:17 pm

I heard that too Dreamer: oddly I was looking at captain planet action figures last night on ebay!

May have to make a trip to Ireland over the christmas period (10th) me thinks!!

Last edited by prop_lyd on Wed 20 Jul 2011, 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by OnASideNote Wed 20 Jul 2011, 4:18 pm

Oh, is she now........

I know a girl from here who lives with her boyfriend in the dam who would be quite capable of saying such a thing!!!

The world is never so small is it????

Her initials wouldn't be AG would they??

-----------------------------------------------------------

Earth, Fire, Wind, Water........ Heart

By your powers combined, I am Captain Planet.

Captain Planet, he's our hero, gonna take pollution down to zero.

laughing

OnASideNote

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 20 Jul 2011, 4:18 pm

Willy.
Greetings to Ron. OK
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Wed 20 Jul 2011, 4:22 pm

I'll tell him you said hi
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 20 Jul 2011, 4:23 pm

Do do Ron Ron Ron... do do Ron Ron

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 20 Jul 2011, 4:24 pm

music Dah doo Ron Ron... dah doo Ron Ron music
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 20 Jul 2011, 4:25 pm

SNAP! Unvelievable Geoff...

Me Aussie soul bro. The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 769663 Ale
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed 20 Jul 2011, 4:28 pm

Nobody liked heart!

If i remember correctly the Asian character (water) was called Gee. That was preeeeeeetty funny when i was 10...

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by OnASideNote Wed 20 Jul 2011, 4:29 pm

Mickado wrote:Nobody liked heart!

If i remember correctly the Asian character (water) was called Gee. That was preeeeeeetty funny when i was 10...

Wasn't heart, well, a little gay?? Wink

OnASideNote

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed 20 Jul 2011, 4:29 pm

Admit it Kado you still laugh about it Wink
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Jul 2011, 4:30 pm

Mick - ha that's so true about heart.

Wasn't water Blonde?

I can't remember their names at all, been years and years since I've seen it!

Back to top Go down

Post by OnASideNote Wed 20 Jul 2011, 4:31 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:Mick - ha that's so true about heart.

Wasn't water Blonde?

I can't remember their names at all, been years and years since I've seen it!

yeah, I though Heart was the little Asian kid.........

OnASideNote

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Jul 2011, 4:34 pm

I think the Asian girl was Wind (but I really could have gotten the two girls confused...actually the more I think on it I really think I have. Google time when I finish work!)

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 20 Jul 2011, 4:37 pm

Captain Planet? Movie!!!!!!! Yahoo

BTW it was

Africa - Earth
USA - Fire
USSR - Wind
Asia - Water
South America - Heart
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OnASideNote Wed 20 Jul 2011, 4:38 pm

Kwame (voiced by LeVar Burton): From Africa, Kwame possesses the power of Earth. He is 16 years old[citation needed] and has dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. He has a soft spot for plant life. Growing up in a tribe in his homeland, he is at one with the land and its purpose, and does what he can to preserve it. The de facto leader of the group, he is the voice of reason that keeps the Planeteers in check when the group begins to lose faith in a given situation.
Wheeler (voiced by Joey Dedio): From North America (specifically Brooklyn, NY), Wheeler controls the power of Fire. He is 17 years old[citation needed] and has red hair and light blue eyes. Even though he is the oldest, he is shown to be the least knowledgeable about earth preservation trends though this improves as the show goes on (in a way representing the oblivious aspect people have of the harm that they can cause to nature). He is the street-smart comic relief for the group who, while having his heart in the right place, tends to get himself into tight spots when acting impulsively; fittingly, he is sometimes a "hot head". Throughout the series, he openly flirts and tries to get closer to Linka, almost always having his advances shot down. His compassion and fighting spirit adds to the team's backbone.
Linka (voiced by Kath Soucie): From the Soviet Union (now Russia) (Eastern Europe), Linka has the power of Wind. She is 16 years old[citation needed] and has blonde hair and blue eyes. Linka closely studies bird life and, due to this, is extremely emotional when pollution harms them. Wheeler often tries to flirt with her, and despite more often than not shooting down these advances, is shown every now and again in her own way she too possesses feelings for him. She is a master of strategy and logic, as well as a computer expert. She is a no-nonsense girl whose common sense has helped the group when in their most critical moments.
Gi (voiced by Janice Kawaye): Hailing from China (Asia), Gi controls the power of Water. She is 15 years old[citation needed] and has black hair and light brown eyes. Gi is a self-proclaimed marine biologist and fights against the evils of saline incursion into island chains such as the Maldives. Her compassion for sea life contributes to the overall effort of the Planeteers' protection of animals, becoming extremely emotional when pollution affects them, especially dolphins. She also often works on the mechanical and forensic aspects for the team.
Ma-Ti (voiced by Scott Menville): From the Amazon rainforests Brazil and raised by a Kayapo Indian shaman, Ma-Ti uses the power of Heart to instill caring, passion, and sympathy into the people of the world to care for the planet. He can also use this power to communicate with animals telepathically. He is 12 years old[citation needed] and has long black hair and dark brown eyes. Ma-Ti is the youngest and the most impressionable[citation needed], but his youth and innocence also aid in the level of sympathy that keeps the group together. Ma-Ti also has a pet monkey named Suchi (voiced by Frank Welker).

OnASideNote

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed 20 Jul 2011, 4:39 pm

Bored at work:

Kwame: Earth (from africa)
Wheeler: Fire (ginger american)
Linka: Wind (blonde russian)
Gi: Water (Asian female)
Mai-Ti: Heart (brazillian)

cider

Looks like everyone had the same idea!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Jul 2011, 4:41 pm

ah pants I knew I'd got the two girls mixed up!

Cheers for the info you guys.

Got to say, didn't really think there'd be many other Captain Planet fans in here!

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 20 Jul 2011, 4:43 pm

Kwame is actually Ghanian. Its a really common name out there.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Jul 2011, 4:51 pm

Captain Planet (the game on Amiga) was immense. Sooooooooooooo happy with this news.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed 20 Jul 2011, 4:51 pm

I Fancied Linka, there I said it!

Prop, it's still bloody hilarious!

Anyone remember when they fixed Northern Ireland? That was a funny episode!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 20 Jul 2011, 4:56 pm

Mickado wrote:I Fancied Linka, there I said it!

Anyone remember when they fixed Northern Ireland? That was a funny episode!

Worst kept secret Mick - we all did thumbsup

And yes the Northern Ireland episode was HILARIOUS!!
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Jul 2011, 4:58 pm

As far as I can recall, I had a soft spot for Wheeler, although actually not remembering what he looks like now, I may regret admitting to that....

The Northern Ireland episode is one of the few I can actually remember, twas brilliant!

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 20 Jul 2011, 4:59 pm

Didn't the Catholics and Protestants open a bakery together at the end.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed 20 Jul 2011, 5:03 pm

Ah his name is Sean! That's a Catholic name! My name is William Cooper, a good Protestant name!

Yep, I think bread brought the two communities together stag. It's on YouTube I think. Worth a watch.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by perthshirepuma Wed 20 Jul 2011, 5:05 pm

Advice SOS! Had a call from an Indian (Asian) gent claiming to be from Microsoft, telling me to rush to my PC and follow his instructions 'cause a fatal system error was about to occur that would destroy the hard drive and generally bring about the end of civilisation as we know it. Told him I was busy, ring back tomorrow. 'No, no, you must do it now!' Puma: No. 'I'll ring back in 5 minutes' 'No' '10 minutes' 'No' Half an hour'. 'OK. ring me back in half an hour'. So, question: what the hell is that all about? How likely is it that the world's richest mega-corporation is keeping a benign eye on my superannuated PC and ringing me (how did they get my number?) to make all well?

perthshirepuma

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed 20 Jul 2011, 5:09 pm

Puma. It's 100% a scam. I've heard of it before. Total scam. If they call back blow a whistle down the phone and deafen the sheister!!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 20 Jul 2011, 5:09 pm

Scam!
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Wed 20 Jul 2011, 5:10 pm

just seen the HCup fixtures;good news getting "Bouncy Castle " Ravenhill,when we have only half a side;pity that we have to play the first of the double header against Tigers at home,they will be really fired up to try and get the 5 points back at Welford.Nice wintery trip to the Auvergne in perspective for Rava et al,January in Clermont is usually slightly warmer than extremely frozen-I remember a winter when it didn't get above -2 for three weeks;nice photos in perspective<snowball><llabwons>
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 20 Jul 2011, 5:15 pm

Can't say I agree - https://www.606v2.com/t9914-brave-but-foolish#294194

Not just cause his absense helps Ireland
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by perthshirepuma Wed 20 Jul 2011, 5:19 pm

Thanks, guys - as you see, my PC seems to be functioning just fine. Quelle surprise. The phone rang three times after about 30 minutes and I just let it ring. Hopefully, Bill's little helper has given up. But, I'm still curious - what is the scam?

perthshirepuma

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Wed 20 Jul 2011, 5:21 pm

Oh, and the Ladyboys at le Mosson is not a forgone conclusion;if the tickets were on sale,it'd be sold out already.
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Wed 20 Jul 2011, 5:21 pm

If he calls back laugh and tell him you're running Debian not Windows. Debian as a Linux based operating system: http://www.debian.org/

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 20 Jul 2011, 5:22 pm

They'll ask you to download some free of charge repair programme that will give them access to your accounts. Or else they will say that you need to by software from them to remove the problems your having pay £40-£80 for it - not so much your suspicious about it but enough that it pays.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Wed 20 Jul 2011, 5:22 pm

perthshirepuma wrote:Thanks, guys - as you see, my PC seems to be functioning just fine. Quelle surprise. The phone rang three times after about 30 minutes and I just let it ring. Hopefully, Bill's little helper has given up. But, I'm still curious - what is the scam?

I believe they try and sell you some "cut price" software for £300.

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 20 Jul 2011, 5:24 pm

Nottins, the ones that my mates encountered were clearly setting their sights lower. My friend was told it was like £69.99 for the software.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 20 Jul 2011, 5:30 pm

Watch out for emails from them too Puma. Dont open em. I assume you have a good virus-checker/spam-filter/Firewall?

If they got your phone no, they may have your email address. But tell those baastards nowt.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Wed 20 Jul 2011, 5:40 pm

Back! Weird feeling.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 20 Jul 2011, 5:40 pm

nottins wrote:
perthshirepuma wrote:Thanks, guys - as you see, my PC seems to be functioning just fine. Quelle surprise. The phone rang three times after about 30 minutes and I just let it ring. Hopefully, Bill's little helper has given up. But, I'm still curious - what is the scam?

I believe they try and sell you some "cut price" software for £300.

Had that a month ago as well. Mental stuff.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 20 Jul 2011, 5:48 pm

Glad to hear you back Munsty. Have you thought about inviting your Turkish pal over at all
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Wed 20 Jul 2011, 5:53 pm

Is your interview tomorrow Stag?

I have invited them but getting a visa is tough for them.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 20 Jul 2011, 6:01 pm

Just made my SG picks. New Zealand by thirteen and the 'Boks by fourteen.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 20 Jul 2011, 6:05 pm

Mick(TEFC) wrote:Oh, and the Ladyboys at le Mosson is not a forgone conclusion;if the tickets were on sale,it'd be sold out already.

Story Chef? May head on down to that one. Never been. I hope Leinster get a good allocation and my Leinster buds get me a ticket via their Season-ticket.

Nice to be home Munsty? The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 2055835545

BTW I wrote you a long post the other mornin... but... thought it best to delete it. It was my experiences of what you were talking about.

Dont let the ignorant spoil your karma my man. Dont change.

Say hello to yer Mam and Dad for me. The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 3610695981
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 20 Jul 2011, 6:07 pm

Forgot they'd need one. Had it yesterday Munsty and they want to show around their office on Friday for further interview. asked for my references today so "we can get all that stuff out of way". They are based in Lisnagry though so not sure how convenient that would be.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 20 Jul 2011, 6:08 pm

By the way Munsty i invited Goose for our dinner date Smile he could do with a pick me up.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Wed 20 Jul 2011, 6:12 pm

What are you upto tonight Stag?

Ah Gibbo, would have liked to have seen that. Should have at least sent in a message to me.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 20 Jul 2011, 6:14 pm

I'd say i won't be about i'm on bus home now. At ballinacurra actually. But i'm going gym around 7 and seeing herself after that.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Wed 20 Jul 2011, 6:17 pm

Obviously don't care about me so.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Jul 2011, 6:21 pm

On the plus side Munster, I have bought the tickets as I said. I bought four, as I'm sure there'll probably be somebody interested.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20