The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post MITB discussion thread *Spoiler*

+41
Adam D
Shot 21 LCFC
Beer
talkingpoint
RebelBhoy
BlueDragon1205
Derbyblue
hodge
Dx Dan.
psycho-gooner
Nay
Fellaini25
Marky
Jammy31
DJ Legless
Uryu Ishida
bretmeharty
Kenny
johncenamanutd
Ché Guerrero
NickisBHAFC
Kay Fabe
greggschickenbake
longrangeeffort
Mark_Seven
UpsideDownFace
Buzzman
randy-poffo
JoshSansom
SirJohnnyEnglish
Mr H
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
legendkillar
Crimey
Lex-Express
Punk'sMic
more_awesome_than_a_ri
ADMIN
Madrox
JamesLincs
DerekRiordinho
45 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Post MITB discussion thread *Spoiler* - Page 3 Empty Post MITB discussion thread *Spoiler*

Post by DerekRiordinho Mon 18 Jul 2011, 4:25 am

First topic message reminder :

Well folks, that was truly fantastic. Hands down the best PPV I've ever seen, EVER!

Credit has to go to everyone involved in that, including John Cena.

Those who watched it will hopefully agree that Cena put on a high class performance, far greater than any of us thought he could do.

I'm so buzzing for Raw tomorrow night now, WWE hasn't made me feel like this about Wrestling in a long long time.

DerekRiordinho

Back to top Go down

Post MITB discussion thread *Spoiler* - Page 3 Empty Re: Post MITB discussion thread *Spoiler*

Post by Derbyblue Tue 19 Jul 2011, 12:54 am

No Admins are online to turn it on or off, so I doubt it.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post MITB discussion thread *Spoiler* - Page 3 Empty Re: Post MITB discussion thread *Spoiler*

Post by BlueDragon1205 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 1:04 am

So no admins watch raw?
BlueDragon1205
BlueDragon1205

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Tue 19 Jul 2011, 1:21 am

Hero wrote:Bulldog at Wembley
what? that crowd was 50/50
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Tue 19 Jul 2011, 1:24 am

the-gaffer wrote:The night Wrestling became cool again

come on, you are still gonna get caned for it.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Tue 19 Jul 2011, 1:40 am

a couple of thoughts for those of you who care.
even if these are my first comments on the rasslin forum.

1) The MITB matches, by their very nature were a bit messy but hugely enjoyable.

B) Chavo is a nutcase. Cena delivers every night without fail for the company. He does exactly the job he is there to do. He learned he cannot be all things to all people and last night he was exactly what he is supposed to be.

iii) Punk has always had that in his locker. there is an promo on the you toob from a school hall where punk makes this lady so mad she physically went for him. She was undoubtedly 'smart' but she got suckered. He's suckered us all this time and it is class. Jericho has the ability to do that too....or at least he used to.

four) that show was weighted perfectly. the card built to that. we were lifted when we were supposed to be lifted and settled when we were supposed to be settled. even mark henry and big show, a time filler had a purpose. they didn't try and steal the show but they did exactly as they should.

v) I know it mugs off Christian a bit, but I loved that story. those two were absolutely on point. They told a story superbly. If you felt let down by the crabby ending, then good...... you were supposed to be. You see dumb endings in matches all the time that make no sense. that made sense.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue 19 Jul 2011, 8:19 am

WWE have delivered. I mean truly delivered with MITB. The PPV had everything - great storytelling, excellent wrestling, a red hot crowd and two amazing spotfests! You literally couldn't ask for anything more. It put WM27 to shame.

I avoided the internet yesterday like the plague because I didn't want to get sucked in by the spoilers and it made the PPV all the more entertaining because of it. The crowd were the very definition of electric. They were amazing and made this PPV so special. I couldn't believe the reception CM Punk got for his main event. It gave me goosebumps just watching it.

I have to give it to Cena and McMahon for doing the right thing and letting CM Punk leave with the title. It was the right decision and goes to prove WWE can still make groundbreaking and unpredictable wrestling. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I will confess I turned back into a little kid and when CM Punk got the win I jumped out of my seat with excitment and joy! If the WWE can still elicit that reaction from people then you know wrestling is not dead.

Great, great event!

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:03 am

This is one for the DVD collection. The crowd were electric. Loved how Punk blew Vince a kiss before running into the crowd

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:50 am

UpsideDownFace wrote:This is one for the DVD collection. The crowd were electric. Loved how Punk blew Vince a kiss before running into the crowd

absolutely - I can't wait to own it!

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:54 am

I've never purchased a wrestling DVD in my life.
This may well be the first though.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:57 am

Likewise.

I watched it last night and for the first time in about 10 years my arms were waving, fist pumping and face dropping in awe at times.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:02 am

Were you glad you managed to avoid spoilers?

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:35 am

My thoughts on Money In The Bank:

The Smackdown ladder match was brilliant. Some great spots. What a way to kick off a show. I was personally hoping Cody Rhodes or Wade Barrett would win, but I was still smiling from ear to ear when Daniel Bryan won. Can anybody honestly tell me thay had any clue it would be him? I for one didnt see any predictions of the sort.

I actually watched the Divas match. Dont know why but I quite like to see scantily clad women rolling round with each other in the match. Especially when Kelly Kelly does the spanking and the stinkface. Not sure why any other straight man would want to skip this match...

I was always looking forward to Mark Henry v Big Show and the match didnt dissapoint. Glad to see Henry win and then do Show over. Building him up well.

The Raw ladder match was still good although not as good as the Smackdown one. I suppose this was the most predictable match of the night, as in most people were expecting Alberto Del Rio to win (I was hoping it would be R Truth) but it was a great match nonetheless with Evan Bourne shining particularly.

Even with the stipulations that were put in the contract, I never thought Christian would beat Randy Orton and take the title again, so I flipped out when it happened. I thought Orton did brilliant when he snapped but Im glad they didnt have Bryan cash in straight away. Christian should keep the title for at least a month.

John Cena v CM Punk was one of the best matches I have ever seen. The crowd were amazing, Cena and Punk played their parts brilliantly. It was good to see Punk kicking out of 2 Attitude Adjustments. Every time Cena hit it I was expecting it to be over, so I marked out every time he kicked out. The bit where Cena stopped Vince McMahon doing another screwjob was brilliant. Grat match.

All in all it was the best PPV I have seen in years. And by far the most unpredictable.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 19 Jul 2011, 11:18 am

Slightly off topic but not if you like but....

Didnt Vince look huge? That suit looked odd on him due to his build.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 19 Jul 2011, 11:21 am

Hero wrote:Were you glad you managed to avoid spoilers?

Yes mate.

When DB won the MITB i was bouncing around on my chair! I couldn't believe it.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline1981 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 12:10 pm

It was very boring

pauline1981

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 19 Jul 2011, 12:12 pm

Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline1981 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 12:19 pm

Only watched it because of commemts made on this page i could name 50 better ppv

pauline1981

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 19 Jul 2011, 12:20 pm

Go on so Pauline name that 50!

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 19 Jul 2011, 12:22 pm

2/10 for wummery.

Blatent WUMming, but you nearly got me to respond.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline1981 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 12:51 pm

I hate to see cena lose it spoils an event

pauline1981

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 19 Jul 2011, 12:55 pm

I honestly dont know how Pauline is still going on here!

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 19 Jul 2011, 12:56 pm

pauline1981 wrote:Only watched it because of commemts made on this page i could name 50 better ppv

Name 10 that at least one other person agrees on.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 19 Jul 2011, 12:58 pm

Go on Pauline, name them or shut the falatio up

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 19 Jul 2011, 1:01 pm

I thought it was an excellent PPV, 8 out of 10 at least. The booking of Punk-Cena was better than anything anyone predicted, I loved the ending and thought Punk, Cena, McMahon, Del Rio and even Johnny Ace all played their parts very well.

Credit to Cena for a good performance.

Both MITB matches delivered. Orton-Christian set a precedent for cheapest ever world title win, but it fit the storyline and it was very apt given Christian's perception within the company!

Big thumbs up to WWE for a great show overall.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 19 Jul 2011, 1:03 pm

Nice comments crips but what about McMahons huge physique? Was it just me who found it more weird than usual?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline1981 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 1:11 pm

I will name them later no problem i respect hero. I bet no one will agree

pauline1981

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 19 Jul 2011, 1:12 pm

I really liked the way Christian won the World Title, I don't think Christian would ever cleanly pin Orton as a heel but at least he didn't need to rely on an outside influence and used his brains to get the win, I love Orton/Christian, feud of the year for me so far,they've managed to have four very different matches without needing cages, cells, ladders or LMS stips, very old school

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 19 Jul 2011, 1:14 pm

Name them now WUM

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 19 Jul 2011, 1:16 pm

the-gaffer wrote:Name them now WUM

It takes a while to name a load of PPV's - give him a moment. The list should be brilliant.

A who's who of Sting matches.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 19 Jul 2011, 1:17 pm

When Christian won the title, was i the only one who thought 'there is no way both heels will win the title' and thought Punk was doomed for defeat? But no, Cena AND Orton both lost on the same night! Christian was always going to win like that, if both heels were going to win then there was no way they'd both be clean wins.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline1981 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 1:34 pm

Electric Demon wrote:
you will like my list take a couple of months
It takes a while to name a load of PPV's - give him a moment. The list should be brilliant.

pauline1981

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline1981 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 1:34 pm

Electric Demon wrote:
you will like my list take a couple of months

pauline1981

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 1:36 pm

Great list... Wink
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline1981 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 1:37 pm

Dont worry you will get your list

pauline1981

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 19 Jul 2011, 1:39 pm

It doesnt matter whats on your list, i already dont agree with it.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 19 Jul 2011, 1:41 pm

Mr H wrote:It doesnt matter whats on your list, i already dont agree with it.

That's not in the spirit of discussion is it?

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 19 Jul 2011, 1:41 pm

She might surprise us with her knowledge of ROH classics and Chikara!

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 19 Jul 2011, 1:43 pm

Quality list twice!

H not once did I think Punk was a heel going into the match or during it, he played the ultimate babyface throughout the match

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 19 Jul 2011, 1:43 pm

Hero wrote:She might surprise us with her knowledge of ROH classics and Chikara!

Or confirm what we all think. She's a re-tard?

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 19 Jul 2011, 1:47 pm

I thought she was you doing a spot of fishing when she first appeared:laugh:

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 19 Jul 2011, 1:48 pm

the-gaffer wrote:Quality list twice!

H not once did I think Punk was a heel going into the match or during it, he played the ultimate babyface throughout the match

I thought about this, i'd probably say Punk was more of a tweener going into the match, anyone who takes on the anti-authority role surely must be portrayed as a tweener?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 19 Jul 2011, 1:49 pm

Yes, i saw.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 19 Jul 2011, 1:51 pm

Clarke James wrote:
Hero wrote:She might surprise us with her knowledge of ROH classics and Chikara!

Or confirm what we all think. She's a re-tard?

Wikipedia takes a while to read so have patience guys .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 19 Jul 2011, 1:57 pm

I'm not so sure H, I don't even think there is such a thing as a tweener, Austin was called a tweener when at that time he was the biggest babyface in history

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 19 Jul 2011, 2:01 pm

Electric Demon wrote:

With all due respect, her opinion has about as much value as a used firework, she is clearly a wum.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 19 Jul 2011, 2:02 pm

Mr H wrote:
Electric Demon wrote:

With all due respect, her opinion has about as much value as a used firework, she is clearly a wum.

It's an interesting debate point.

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 19 Jul 2011, 2:08 pm

Well shes taking her time to name just the 10 Hero told her to come out with... Definately with H on this 1!

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 19 Jul 2011, 2:17 pm

Here you go Pauline - this will help:

http://tinyurl.com/3pte7qh

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 19 Jul 2011, 2:19 pm

Hobo wrote:Here you go Pauline - this will help:

http://tinyurl.com/3pte7qh

javascript:emoticonp('🤦') cruel
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 19 Jul 2011, 2:28 pm

SirJohnnyEnglish wrote:Well shes taking her time to name just the 10 Hero told her to come out with... Definately with H on this 1!

the medication is kicking in and its time for a knap , she will be woken up at tea time .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next