The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post MITB discussion thread *Spoiler*

+41
Adam D
Shot 21 LCFC
Beer
talkingpoint
RebelBhoy
BlueDragon1205
Derbyblue
hodge
Dx Dan.
psycho-gooner
Nay
Fellaini25
Marky
Jammy31
DJ Legless
Uryu Ishida
bretmeharty
Kenny
johncenamanutd
Ché Guerrero
NickisBHAFC
Kay Fabe
greggschickenbake
longrangeeffort
Mark_Seven
UpsideDownFace
Buzzman
randy-poffo
JoshSansom
SirJohnnyEnglish
Mr H
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
legendkillar
Crimey
Lex-Express
Punk'sMic
more_awesome_than_a_ri
ADMIN
Madrox
JamesLincs
DerekRiordinho
45 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Post MITB discussion thread *Spoiler* - Page 2 Empty Post MITB discussion thread *Spoiler*

Post by DerekRiordinho Mon 18 Jul 2011, 4:25 am

First topic message reminder :

Well folks, that was truly fantastic. Hands down the best PPV I've ever seen, EVER!

Credit has to go to everyone involved in that, including John Cena.

Those who watched it will hopefully agree that Cena put on a high class performance, far greater than any of us thought he could do.

I'm so buzzing for Raw tomorrow night now, WWE hasn't made me feel like this about Wrestling in a long long time.

DerekRiordinho

Back to top Go down

Post MITB discussion thread *Spoiler* - Page 2 Empty Re: Post MITB discussion thread *Spoiler*

Post by Lex-Express Mon 18 Jul 2011, 12:33 pm

dude thats defo the wrong clip then

yeh he had the belt over his shoulder as he walked out of the arena and the screen faded to black 100%

Lex-Express

Location : I like coffee, vanilla icecream and smokewheel pizza

Back to top Go down

Post MITB discussion thread *Spoiler* - Page 2 Empty Re: Post MITB discussion thread *Spoiler*

Post by greggschickenbake Mon 18 Jul 2011, 12:36 pm

As one of those part of the chatbox, I can say the atmosphere in the chatbox was as electric as it was in Chicago (A Lionblood-esque comment)

Overall, the PPV was brilliant. The crowd was red-hot for the product last night, Cena was Punk's perfect opponent and that match far exceeded any expectations I had for it. For the first time since I was 10, I have never been more excited or more avid for the WWE product.

greggschickenbake

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 18 Jul 2011, 12:39 pm

The best PPV I've ever seen, period!

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 18 Jul 2011, 12:43 pm

longrangeeffort

That clip is just from a random Raw.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon 18 Jul 2011, 12:45 pm

I've just watched the match again, everything about it was just perfect. The storytelling from everyone involved sold that so much.
That was the wrestling equivilant to me of Utd winning the treble in 99, it's pinnacle moment.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by greggschickenbake Mon 18 Jul 2011, 12:50 pm

The reaction for Cena was like Manchester United playing at CL game away to AC Milan.

greggschickenbake

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 18 Jul 2011, 12:54 pm

Iv never heard a crowd like it, Punk has made Wrestling cool again

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 18 Jul 2011, 1:01 pm

12:30 last night i was thinking i am so tired should i just sky plus it and watch it tomorrow because there could be a chance i am expecting too much.

4.00 SO GLAD I STAYED UP BEST PPV I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY 11 YEARS WATCHING THE WWE. THE CROWD WERE AMAZING EVERYTHING ABOUT IT WAS AMAZING.

ROLL ON RAW TOMORROW NIGHT !!!!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by longrangeeffort Mon 18 Jul 2011, 1:03 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:longrangeeffort

Thanks! Seriously, that was confusing me for awhile there!

I'll ahve to dig a bit more at home for the actual finish. I dont have sky or know anyone who does and likes wrestling. Sad times.

Is this MITB an essential dvd purchase? What PPV's would people compare it to? Been awhile since i have seen this reaction to a PPV!

longrangeeffort

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Mon 18 Jul 2011, 1:07 pm

Didnt see this up in the earlier twitter post but here's Chavo's response to the main event:
"Some of u are asking me to eat my words. I’ll give credit where credit is due. Cena & Punk DELIVERED! But why should we be wondering if Cena Will show up? He is the highest paid wrestler in the industry & the backbone of the WWE… He should deliver EVERY night! No question! We Never said this about Taker or Michaels.U knew they would deliver every time they stepped foot in the ring.There was never a lazy Accusation with those 2. So what u should be saying is.. It’s about time Cena gave the fans there moneys worth! I’m very happy for Punk… If he’s resigning or not, he deserves it.Nobody has lot a fire in the WWE like that since Austin and I guarantee Cena makes 3-4 times if not More than Punk. If u make that much, u should deliver every night, no if, ands, or buts! But that’s just me, weather I was making Mysterio Quit or putting over a little person, I gave it my all every night.Not for the money but cuz I have pride in my work and I respect this biz&The fans cuz they are what matters. There’s always some1 seeing u for the first time & for the last time every night! That’s how every Wrestler should view this biz. Nit as a stepping stone to Hollywood but as way to deliver to the ppl who pay there hard earned money to Watch them every night!!! Viva La Raza mother f’rs! Smile just playing.. Dint hate!"

On a whole fantastic PPV with the kind of twists we have been asking for. Thanks to everyone in the chatbox, great night.

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon 18 Jul 2011, 1:11 pm

longrangeeffort wrote:
invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:longrangeeffort

Thanks! Seriously, that was confusing me for awhile there!

I'll ahve to dig a bit more at home for the actual finish. I dont have sky or know anyone who does and likes wrestling. Sad times.

Is this MITB an essential dvd purchase? What PPV's would people compare it to? Been awhile since i have seen this reaction to a PPV!

If you type Punk v Cena MITB into youtube there's the match on there.

I don't think there is anything to compare it to.
I thought Austin v Hart at WM 13 or Hogan joining nWo but I actually think this is bigger.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by more_awesome_than_a_ri Mon 18 Jul 2011, 1:14 pm

I think the only thing missing from the whole night would be the emotion I think JR on commentary could have injected at the end of the main event , but apart from that it was nigh on faultless.

Another thought from the Raw MITB match, the reaction Miz got when he came down the ramp after his injury and started hopping up the ladder, do you think it was a face pop or was he just getting a decent reaction as he went after a Mysterio who the Chicago crowd seemed to loathe last night?

more_awesome_than_a_ri

Back to top Go down

Post by johncenamanutd Mon 18 Jul 2011, 1:18 pm

That was probably the best PPV's I have seen in a long, long time.

To start of the Smackdown MitB match was awesome. Sin Cara was particularly impressive until Sheamus seen fit to put a stop to that. Good showing from Gabriel too. Seeing Daniel Bryan grab the briefcase was amazing - I never thought I'd see that happen. I thought he was doomed to mid-card level throughout his WWE career.

The Divas match only served one purpose, and this is just re-affirming the fact the Kelly Kelly looks great. Henry - Big Show was one I didn't hold much hope for, but given my expectations for it, I was impressed with it. The ending was good and has enhanced Henry.

The Raw Mitb match started of poor, with everyone bringing in their own ladder - that just made no sense what so ever. It wasn't as good as Smackdown's but seeing Bourne do the Airbourne from the ladder that was a great spot - and one which I played a few times over (thanks to glorious SkyHD+ lol)

Orton - Christian wasn't as good as previous matches they have had, but it was still pretty decent. How week did Teddy Long look trying to prevent Orton from attacking Christian??

The build up to the main event was epic. CM Punk has definitely raised the bar when it comes to hyping a PPV. The match itself is up there in my opinion with Match of the Year. Cena proving to alot of fans that he does know how to wrestle (it's not the first time he's given the IWC this message - check out the hour long match with HBK, or the match v RVD at One Night Stand). The ending was WWE at its best, teasing a re-run of the Montreal incident and the Del Rio almost cashing in MitB.

Special note must go to the Chicago crowd. I have never heard a WWE crowd so vocal (I count ONS as an ECW event - and we all know what those fans are like). From the first match to the last they were awesome.

Bring on Raw tonight. Not sure if my body will let me do another late one tonight, but I will sure as hell try!!

johncenamanutd

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Mon 18 Jul 2011, 1:18 pm

just watched his entrance and the ending again, and im genuinely choking up.. absolutely brilliant. and punks face after the bell is fantastic! just everything about it! well done wwe. what will happen next?

still buzzing!!

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Mon 18 Jul 2011, 1:18 pm

To be honest the crowd was consistently Heel through all the matches.

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 18 Jul 2011, 1:35 pm

I really hoped but didnt expect this would be so good , i agree with Hero it made me feel like a kid again .
To WWE i salute you this was the best ppv for years and i cant wait to see were they go with the storyline .
Also like to thank everyone on chat box last night it really did make it better to share those moments with you all .

this thread just shows how much this ppv ment to people 1400+ views in what 10 hours
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by greggschickenbake Mon 18 Jul 2011, 1:50 pm

Apart from the obvious, my other favourite part of MITB was the boos for Rey Rey, it made me crack up.

greggschickenbake

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 18 Jul 2011, 1:59 pm

Anyone know if theres any truth in Sin Cara ' injury ' being an excuse to get him off tv while WWE sorts out a problem with the rights to his name ? looked pretty painful to me .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 18 Jul 2011, 2:45 pm

I've watched Punks entrance 5 times

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 18 Jul 2011, 2:47 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing how Punk changes the belt. Hope he unveils the classic winged eagle belt from the early 90s.

I predict Punk WILL be on Raw tonight, but wont appear in the ring. Perhaps in the crowd speaking from a megaphone, or even better on the titantron via a 'I Bring It Via Satellite' T-Shirt on, that would be priceless.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon 18 Jul 2011, 2:47 pm

KINGKENNY7HEAVEN wrote:Anyone know if theres any truth in Sin Cara ' injury ' being an excuse to get him off tv while WWE sorts out a problem with the rights to his name ? looked pretty painful to me .

Nope...

He's violated the Wellness policy.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon 18 Jul 2011, 3:01 pm

Sin Cara you silly little boy,

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 18 Jul 2011, 3:14 pm

Cheers Hero
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Mon 18 Jul 2011, 3:37 pm

I like the fact that the title is in a fridge now!

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/cm-punk-provides-visual-of-wwe-belt-where-its-at-132961

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Mon 18 Jul 2011, 3:40 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I've watched Punks entrance 5 times
ive watched it more Wink

about to watch it again now

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon 18 Jul 2011, 3:46 pm

I'm interested in the other contents of the fridge.

That's a huge pot of peanut butter!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 18 Jul 2011, 3:52 pm

He just had to have a box of Pepsi on the shelf too didnt he!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 18 Jul 2011, 3:55 pm

Mr H wrote:He just had to have a box of Pepsi on the shelf too didnt he!

I swear he's paid by Pepsi to advertise for them. Laugh

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon 18 Jul 2011, 3:57 pm

What's on the third shelf on the right? Is it meat or cheese?

I'd never keep peanut butter in the fridge - that's weird.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 18 Jul 2011, 4:00 pm

But keeping the WWE Title in there is perfectly normal!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ Legless Mon 18 Jul 2011, 4:00 pm

Cracking pay per view. Does any one think with the quality there last night that Summerslam will be a bit of flop no matter what happens?

DJ Legless

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon 18 Jul 2011, 4:02 pm

Mr H wrote:But keeping the WWE Title in there is perfectly normal!

Laugh

I think it's evident that CM Punk has signed a new contract - because he clearly has money to burn, wasting energy on refrigerating things that just don't need to be refrigerated.

A pear?

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Mon 18 Jul 2011, 4:31 pm

Electric Demon wrote:
Mr H wrote:But keeping the WWE Title in there is perfectly normal!

Laugh

I think it's evident that CM Punk has signed a new contract - because he clearly has money to burn, wasting energy on refrigerating things that just don't need to be refrigerated.

A pear?

I took it to mean that the title is plastic ... you wouldn't put it in the fridge else as it would turn the other food.

Agreed with whoever said putting peanut butter in the fridge is weird... it should go in a cupboard... :/ strange man.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by more_awesome_than_a_ri Mon 18 Jul 2011, 4:36 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:
Mr H wrote:He just had to have a box of Pepsi on the shelf too didnt he!

I swear he's paid by Pepsi to advertise for them. Laugh

At one point last night i was sure he was going to nail his top rope pedigree (which i believe is called the Pepsi Plunge) and then pick up the 3 count. Leaving with the belt by delivering a more devastating version of the "doofus son in laws" finisher would have been the ultimate in rubbing the McMahons' nose in it.

more_awesome_than_a_ri

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon 18 Jul 2011, 4:44 pm

Yep at the time everyone in the chatroom was typing PP! PP! PP!

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 18 Jul 2011, 4:59 pm

Canadian Stampede in 97 is the only crowd I recall that got close to that, Punks entrance was simply epic

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon 18 Jul 2011, 5:02 pm

The only ones close for me for crowd reaction (either positive or negative) were Canadian Stampede, HHH return, Bulldog at Wembley, RVD v Cena ECW ONS & Hogan joining nWo.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon 18 Jul 2011, 5:13 pm

I know this is rather sad but the guy who reffed the main event just replied to one of my tweets!

I asked him how it felt to be part of history last night.

I got back...

ScottArmstrong_
Awesome!!!

He sent it as a private message though, would have much preferred him to done it publically!

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by more_awesome_than_a_ri Mon 18 Jul 2011, 5:17 pm

Hero wrote:Yep at the time everyone in the chatroom was typing PP! PP! PP!

The next time i'm staying up i will have to definitely log in here and share the excitement, gutted i missed out last night

more_awesome_than_a_ri

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 5:32 pm

I'm not sure who got a bigger crowd reaction:

1. The Rock returning on Monday night Raw?

OR

2. CM Punk entering the arena at MITB last night?
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 18 Jul 2011, 5:52 pm

What about CM Punk's shocking drug use?!

Did no-one else see the Red Bull cans on the top shelf of his fridge?!

Caffeine is a drug. FACT.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:03 pm

Marky wrote:What about CM Punk's shocking drug use?!

Did no-one else see the Red Bull cans on the top shelf of his fridge?!

Caffeine is a drug. FACT.

But given he likes Pepsi it is hardly out of character... Imagine if Rio was in the WWE locker room, he would try and "merk" Punk by sticking uppers in his cola. Lol.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:04 pm

The pepsi plunge tease just proved how good Punk is at working a crowd. First time using chatbox for a major event and it definitely adds to the excitement.

Last night was one of those times when you realise why you watch wrestling. Why you sit through all the rubbish acting, the Hornswoggles, the Khalis. All the times great wrestlers are treated like dirt before your eyes, illogical storylines and giant plotholes.
It all becomes worth it just for the moments when Danielson gets the briefcase, when Punk gets the reaction he deserves and the title, when Cena finally puts on the show you know he can do.
Thank you VKM, at times you have me wondering if you care, but you have proved me wrong.

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Fellaini25 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 7:04 pm

Amazing PPV! Best PPV I've seen in a long long time...

SmackDown MitB - Amazing match, the best MitB ever imo, the Sheamus/Sin Cara spot was brutal, Sin Cara genuinely looked like he'd been broken in half!, the 450 splash was Gabriel was class, then Bryan winning was brilliant! didn't expect that at all!

Raw MitB - Was a very good match, the shooting star press by Bourne was insane! Also I like Del Rio, so was glad he won

Orton/Christian - Another good match, plenty of back and fourth action, counters etc, and again made up Christian won, Orton after the match genuinely looked crazy!

Punk/Cena - Match of the Year easily, definately Cena's best ever match. Classic wrestling story telling, the crowd were brilliant and fantastic ending with McMahon coming out with Laurantitis(sp), and Cena stopping him screwing Punk, then Punk actually leaving with the belt! wasn't expecting that at all, was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

All in all an amazing PPV 9/10, the crowd were immense, just a brilliant PPV, this is why I watch wrestling!

Fellaini25

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 18 Jul 2011, 7:15 pm

The night Wrestling became cool again

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Mon 18 Jul 2011, 8:44 pm

Well

Finally watched it on sky plus, I am delighted I managed to stay away from anywhere that would spoil it for me.

Great PPV, including getting some funny looks from the missus when the second STFU went on and punk was dragged back to the middle of the ring, groaned to myself don't let it end like this and a more vocal NOOOO when Vince came out and started with the ring the bell.

I also got an audible sigh when i thought the Pepsi Plunge was gonna happen.

The MITB matches were enjoyable, particularly the Smackdown match.

As has been stated before by many, it made me feel like a kid again reminded me why i watched wrestling. Now I am seriously considering staying up for Raw tonight

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Tue 19 Jul 2011, 12:12 am

im surprised no-one mentioned the two most hilarious moments:

1) When Booker T tried to make it seem as if Cena was ''turning'' the crowd on to his side...as if!

2) When Punk says ''who, me?'' in response to the ''you cant wrestle'' chants aimed at Cena

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Tue 19 Jul 2011, 12:31 am

Will there be a chatbox open for Raw tonight?

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 19 Jul 2011, 12:37 am

Dx Dan. wrote:Will there be a chatbox open for Raw tonight?

Was about to ask this myself

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Tue 19 Jul 2011, 12:38 am

There should be!

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next