The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tiger Dumps Stevie

+23
raycastleunited
beninho
Bob_the_Job
navyblueshorts
Lairdy
sharrison01
JAS
JDandfries
super_realist
KeizoYamata
hend085
SmithersJones
MustPuttBetter
NedB-H
Rangiora
Bagman
pedro
Nay
Mercurio
kwinigolfer
sirbenson
Davie
McLaren
27 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Tiger Dumps Stevie Empty Tiger Dumps Stevie

Post by McLaren Wed 20 Jul 2011, 2:56 pm

Anyone else see a lot of tweets about Tiger getting rid of Stevie. I do wonder if stevie got the news a while back and that is why he has started to work with Adam Scott. Not sure what to make of this regards tigers return to former glory?

Last edited by McLaren on Wed 20 Jul 2011, 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Tiger Dumps Stevie Empty Re: Tiger Dumps Stevie

Post by Davie Wed 20 Jul 2011, 2:58 pm

Probably the best thing that could happen to Tiger at the moment. Stevie was never a good image for him during the days we thought he was lilywhite and he certainly needs someone with some positivity about him now

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by sirbenson Wed 20 Jul 2011, 3:03 pm

It was coming right I wonder who will replace him...Colin Byrne is free apparently.

sirbenson

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 20 Jul 2011, 3:20 pm

Confirmed by the Associated Press.

Perhaps Stevie dumped Tiger? If money was no object one has little doubt that Adam Scott would be much more fun to work for than Le Tigre.

Great scoop MAC!!!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Wed 20 Jul 2011, 3:35 pm

sirbenson wrote:It was coming right I wonder who will replace him...Colin Byrne is free apparently.

Heh!

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 20 Jul 2011, 3:39 pm

I wonder if Tiger has ever thought about Fanny

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Wed 20 Jul 2011, 3:44 pm

tomato

as he giggles to himself silently

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Wed 20 Jul 2011, 4:04 pm

Confirmation Williams to team up with Adam Scott permanently

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 20 Jul 2011, 4:07 pm

Poor Adam. Hasn't he suffered enough?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 20 Jul 2011, 4:15 pm

Interesting to see if SW is humble enough to work for Scott.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Bagman Wed 20 Jul 2011, 4:18 pm

Davie wrote:I wonder if Tiger has ever thought about Fanny
clap clap : Laugh

Bagman

Back to top Go down

Post by Rangiora Wed 20 Jul 2011, 5:07 pm

Steve came to our club in 2009 as part of our centenary celebrations and he comes across as a top bloke, no airs and graces away from the course. Good on ya Mate

He wont get so much time racing now with Adam playing more down under than Tiger, but then again Tiger did/does a lot of playing down under !!

Rangiora

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Wed 20 Jul 2011, 5:10 pm

that made me laugh...

Easy now to say "oh, it was coming"... but did anyone really expect this? I didn't, even with Stevie's moonlighting. Will be interested to see where he goes next, bit of a poisoned chalice for the new guy perhaps.

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 20 Jul 2011, 6:31 pm

Absolute classic! clap

Anyone get the feeling Tiger isn't going to be back?
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Wed 20 Jul 2011, 6:34 pm

MustPuttBetter wrote:

Absolute classic! clap

Anyone get the feeling Tiger isn't going to be back?

Just said as much on the 'Who next' thread.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 20 Jul 2011, 6:44 pm

Glad I'm not the only one!
I can't see a single logical reason for ditching Williams. Aside from retirement
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 20 Jul 2011, 6:48 pm

Who does he turn to now?
More important, which fellow pro does he urine off??
Peter Jacobsen took the hijacking of Fluff with a sense of humour; wouldn't expect the same bon homie if he snatches one of the established "men" (or Fanny or JMS's lady).

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by hend085 Thu 21 Jul 2011, 4:13 am

Mercurio wrote:
sirbenson wrote:It was coming right I wonder who will replace him...Colin Byrne is free apparently.

Heh!

is Colin Byrne not still with Molinari?

hend085

Back to top Go down

Post by sirbenson Thu 21 Jul 2011, 4:18 am

hend085 wrote:
Mercurio wrote:

Heh!

is Colin Byrne not still with Molinari?

Nope he isn't Byrne said in his article on the Irish Times on the Monday of the Open that he was no longer working for him!

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2011/0712/1224300557461.html

sirbenson

Back to top Go down

Post by hend085 Thu 21 Jul 2011, 4:32 am

thanks! hes always a good read..... i think he might be a bit too opinionated for Tiger though. i reckon hes gonna go for a "keep up shut up" kinda guy!

hend085

Back to top Go down

Post by KeizoYamata Thu 21 Jul 2011, 4:45 am

kwinigolfer wrote:Who does he turn to now?
More important, which fellow pro does he urine off??
Peter Jacobsen took the hijacking of Fluff with a sense of humour; wouldn't expect the same bon homie if he snatches one of the established "men" (or Fanny or JMS's lady).

Whoever feels peed off needs to get a life. I'd love to see how they acquired their caddie. Oh yes I bet they just found some caddie with a 'hire me' sign on their t-shirt. Everyone poaches - happens in all walks of life, why dont you make a big deal out if it Kwini you know you want to.

I hope its Billy Foster that I would love to see the Westwood fans in a meltdown Laugh

KeizoYamata

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 21 Jul 2011, 4:48 am

Why would Foster leave a guy who is almost at the top of the rankings and at the top of the game to join a guy whose ranking is dropping like a stone and who is a virtual cripple in golfing terms with no certainty to ever come back to form?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by KeizoYamata Thu 21 Jul 2011, 4:58 am

super_realist wrote:Why would Foster leave a guy who is almost at the top of the rankings and at the top of the game to join a guy whose ranking is dropping like a stone and who is a virtual cripple in golfing terms with no certainty to ever come back to form?

Top of the ranking with no majors. Yeah good one, maybe he can keep waiting another 10years? Good luck with that. Billy has be mentioned for the job in the past. He knows he would be more famous than Westwood and richer than any caddie if he takes the job. He knows this and everyone knows this. As for no certainty to come back? There is only one thing certain and that you have no idea about 99% of the things you post Laugh

KeizoYamata

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 21 Jul 2011, 5:03 am

Keizo, How would Foster benefit from Wood's 14 Majors, they are all in the distant past and he couldn't possibly make any money from them.
Caddies traditionally get 10% of any winnings, and Woods isn't even competing let alone winning anything vis a vis, he'll be making no money. He'll continue to make more money out of Westwood than if he started carrying for Woods.

Do you not understand the meaning of "no certainty"? It means he might come back or he might not. Why would Foster take a risk on someone who's had four knee operations, each one less successful and long lasting than the last.

Stop being a WUM/Moron.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Thu 21 Jul 2011, 5:03 am

I cant imagine anyone not wanting to take the bag on really, I know I would

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Thu 21 Jul 2011, 5:06 am

Keizo -

a) How would Foster be richer caddying for a guy who isn't playing???

and b) "There is only one thing certain and that you have no idea about 99% of the things you post" - presumably you have inside knowing of the Woods mind to know that? Laughable clap
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by hend085 Thu 21 Jul 2011, 5:07 am

super_realist wrote:Why would Foster leave a guy who is almost at the top of the rankings and at the top of the game to join a guy whose ranking is dropping like a stone and who is a virtual cripple in golfing terms with no certainty to ever come back to form?

I would imagine theres a huge number of bagmen that would jump ship to join arguably the best player ever (dont want to get into this arguement Wink ) the way caddies move around for all we know he could be due to split with LW anyway and he may never get another chance to work with TW.

hend085

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 21 Jul 2011, 5:11 am

Hend, he hasn't been that player for a very long time.
Caddy's are in it to make money, and if someone isn't playing or isn't competing then they aren't making money.
Woods and any comeback are a very unknown quantity and it would be a very risky move to take that on.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 21 Jul 2011, 5:18 am

Actually, great caddie though Billy Foster is, I do wonder if LW would actually benefit from a change. I don't think it'll be a Billy Foster or any other big name caddy.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by KeizoYamata Thu 21 Jul 2011, 5:26 am

super_realist wrote:Keizo, How would Foster benefit from Wood's 14 Majors, they are all in the distant past and he couldn't possibly make any money from them.
Caddies traditionally get 10% of any winnings, and Woods isn't even competing let alone winning anything vis a vis, he'll be making no money. He'll continue to make more money out of Westwood than if he started carrying for Woods.

Do you not understand the meaning of "no certainty"? It means he might come back or he might not. Why would Foster take a risk on someone who's had four knee operations, each one less successful and long lasting than the last.

Stop being a WUM/Moron.

I know what Caddies get a %. Let me educate you a bit, the real money for high profile sports men and thsoe associated to them is made outside the golf course. Seems you are a bit slow to pick this up, but then again no surprises. Smile

As for certainty, there is no certainty any of us would be alive tomorrow, should we make a big deal about it too? Tiger is going to play again, don't make a mountain out of a molehill. 4 operations to his knee? Laugh Stop posting this rubbish. His latest incident was a sprain, he had no operation, have you been reading your tabloid junk again? He wont be firing his caddie and saying it's time for a change if he knew for a fact he wont be playing again. Simple common sense try and use it.

KeizoYamata

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 21 Jul 2011, 5:30 am

A sprain? You really are a wind up merchant. Does a sprain keep you out for 3 months now does it?
I have never said he wouldn't play again so stop saying that I have.
There are many reasons to sack a caddy, but Foster would not be better off by being part of the Woods freak show.

What a thoroughly unpleasant nincompoop you are.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu 21 Jul 2011, 5:33 am

Please everyone - stop the namecalling or the red pen will have to come out

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Thu 21 Jul 2011, 5:34 am

KeizoYamata wrote:
I know what Caddies get a %. Let me educate you a bit, the real money for high profile sports men and those associated to them is made outside the golf course

Oh yeah, i often see Williams and Foster on Nike and Rolex adverts, they must be making bundles off the course...........ha!
Probably the odd appearance on the after dinner speaking circuit if they want it which is hardly mega money. There's no way Steve Williams made as much money off the course as he did from his 10% (or whatever) or Tiger's winnings

Just coming up with a ridiculous unsubstantiated statement isn't 'educating' anyone
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 21 Jul 2011, 5:37 am

Exactly MBP, he might make a bit off a hat deal but that's it. He's hardly a name or role model that companies see as worth endorsing. In the eyes of the general public he just carries a bag, having his face on anything isn't going to increase sales.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by sharrison01 Thu 21 Jul 2011, 5:46 am

I think that debating the earnings of Tiger's caddy might be a bit more complex than the 10% standard rate that most caddies command. I'm sure that Williams did get a larger pay than most caddies because he was a part of "brand Tiger." It does not mean that Rolex will be shelling out for a double act but I would expect there to be more money flowing to Williams than just a hat deal. Wouldn't surprise me if Tiger just gave him an annual salary or certainly more than just a percentage of winnings because he was an integral part of Tiger, both on and off the course.

sharrison01

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Thu 21 Jul 2011, 5:50 am

Sharrison of course, who knows what his deal is but the fact remains that - possibly a small (in their terms) annual retainer aside - if Tiger's not playing his caddie won't get that money

That's the argument here
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by sharrison01 Thu 21 Jul 2011, 5:57 am

Agreed MPB. Tiger's next caddie has no certainties that he/she will be as wealthy as Williams, which is very wealthy. Must be a tough one though - if comparing Westwood and Tiger, I would say that Westwood is nice and safe but would not exactly earn you fortunes. After all, in the next 3-5 years he will probably not be at the top of the game as he is already in his late 30's. Tiger is a big punt though - as he is would make a caddy a fair living but if he starts winning again then the possibilities are far higher.

sharrison01

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Thu 21 Jul 2011, 6:06 am

As I understand, a certain E Tour caddie, has a basic weekly wage of £700 plus he gets 7% of the players earnings

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by KeizoYamata Thu 21 Jul 2011, 6:08 am

super_realist wrote:A sprain? You really are a wind up merchant. Does a sprain keep you out for 3 months now does it?
I have never said he wouldn't play again so stop saying that I have.
There are many reasons to sack a caddy, but Foster would not be better off by being part of the Woods freak show.

What a thoroughly unpleasant nincompoop you are.

Stick with the facts - show me a post where it was stated he had an operation? Then again you are not one to post facts. How about we wager a simple bet AGAIN. If you can show me a link where it says Tiger had an operation to his knee this year then I gave you anything and If I show you links that said Tiger had a sprain to his knee you give me what I ask for?

How about this? SR are you ready to back up what you say for once or be the coward who ran away the last time I called you out?

PUT UP OR SHUT UP Laugh

KeizoYamata

Back to top Go down

Post by hend085 Thu 21 Jul 2011, 6:11 am

whether or not LW or TW will win more isnt really the arguement in my opinion.
im not sure exactly how Billy Fosters resume reads in terms of majors (does he have any?) but i think that being part of the TW entourage would rank pretty highly on most caddys list of goals. even if he isnt the superpower he once was.

hend085

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 21 Jul 2011, 6:11 am

I didn't say he had an operation, but just because he didn't it doesn't follow that all he had was a sprain.

If you are talking about facts, then you ought to first read the poster to who you are referring before questioning what they have said. I know the American education system isn't great but I thought you might manage to do that.

As for running away, what on earth are you talking about? When did you "call me out" ? Whatever that means.

Backing things up?, when have you ever done that? All you show is conjecture, guesswork and opinion.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Thu 21 Jul 2011, 6:12 am

KeizoYamata wrote:Stick with the facts - show me a post where it was stated he had an operation? Then again you are not one to post facts. How about we wager a simple bet AGAIN. If you can show me a link where it says Tiger had an operation to his knee this year then I gave you anything and If I show you links that said Tiger had a sprain to his knee you give me what I ask for?

How about this? SR are you ready to back up what you say for once or be the coward who ran away the last time I called you out?

PUT UP OR SHUT UP Laugh

Have i just stumbled into my old primary school playground?? Rolling Eyes
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Thu 21 Jul 2011, 6:14 am

Operation or not, Tiger has a serious injur, it could threaten his career, but one thing I think is very likely, that Woods doesnt play agin this season!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 21 Jul 2011, 6:20 am

Who knows with Tiger? And, no Keizo, I haven't received the call. Yet.

But what do we make of the Notah Begay statement, that Tiger will be competing in NB's Foundation event on Aug 31st?

If he does that, you'd have to assume he'll play the Bridgestone and PGA. And the Bridgestone commitments have to be confirmed by next Friday.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by sharrison01 Thu 21 Jul 2011, 6:20 am

This threads are getting a bit pathetic. How on earth do people get drawn in by wum's like this? Sadly, the wums turn everyone into blithering idiots and as such people should either not rise to it and degrade themselves or take a few moments to phrase their responses.

A quick glance around the threads that wums have contributed to and after a few posts you can be forgiven for forgetting who that actual wum was?!?

sharrison01

Back to top Go down

Post by KeizoYamata Thu 21 Jul 2011, 6:21 am

MustPuttBetter wrote:
KeizoYamata wrote:
I know what Caddies get a %. Let me educate you a bit, the real money for high profile sports men and those associated to them is made outside the golf course

Oh yeah, i often see Williams and Foster on Nike and Rolex adverts, they must be making bundles off the course...........ha!
Probably the odd appearance on the after dinner speaking circuit if they want it which is hardly mega money. There's no way Steve Williams made as much money off the course as he did from his 10% (or whatever) or Tiger's winnings

Just coming up with a ridiculous unsubstantiated statement isn't 'educating' anyone

He is not the highest paid NZ sports person for no reason Rolling Eyes

Steve has a deal with Valvoline he always makes sure he takes off his bib once gets to the 18th hold exposing his sponsors logo to the millions. His deal is worth millions no caddie would be getting that working with Lee Westwood or another golfer. In fact no caddie has that type of deal full stop!

KeizoYamata

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 21 Jul 2011, 6:26 am

Yes, next time I get an oil change I must choose Valvoline because it is endorsed by Steve Williams.
He would not get "millions" for that. Even players like Donald only get a million for having a Mizuno visor, and he's the star man, not a bag carrier in the background.
🤦

Last edited by super_realist on Thu 21 Jul 2011, 6:28 am; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Thu 21 Jul 2011, 6:26 am

KeizoYamata wrote:He is not the highest paid NZ sports person for no reason Rolling Eyes

Nothing to do with taking a cut of a certain golfer's substaintial winnings then?? Rolling Eyes

KeizoYamata wrote:Steve has a deal with Valvoline he always makes sure he takes off his bib once gets to the 18th hold exposing his sponsors logo to the millions. His deal is worth millions no caddie would be getting that working with Lee Westwood or another golfer. In fact no caddie has that type of deal full stop!

Which is all well and good when you're the caddie for a major winning Tiger Woods.
You think Billy Foster would get that deal caddying for regular old Tiger Woods? Err, no me neither
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by sharrison01 Thu 21 Jul 2011, 6:30 am

MustPuttBetter wrote:
KeizoYamata wrote:He is not the highest paid NZ sports person for no reason Rolling Eyes

Nothing to do with taking a cut of a certain golfer's substaintial winnings then?? Rolling Eyes

Or the poor standard of sport in New Zealand...

sharrison01

Back to top Go down

Post by KeizoYamata Thu 21 Jul 2011, 6:41 am

You sa
super_realist wrote:I didn't say he had an operation,

You said he had 4 operations on his knees its only a few posts above this for all to see. Very Happy Very Happy Where did the number 4 come from?

but just because he didn't it doesn't follow that all he had was a sprain.

Everyone but you thinks he did not have a spain Rolling Eyes But just because he was advised get 100% rest and risk the chance of it aggrevating and play the long game and decided to sit it out for months it cant be a sprain on the knee. Ironic it was not even the knee that was the problem it was the achilles similar to what happened to Nadal and he took months off and came back fit. Learn the facts before you continue to post rubbish.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/golf/13691115.stm

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/golf/pga/2011-04-26-tiger-woods-injured_N.htm

If you are talking about facts, then you ought to first read the poster to who you are referring before questioning what they have said. I know the American education system isn't great but I thought you might manage to do that.

I like to stick to the facts and not make up stuff, unlike you. Oh another thing you just made up? Calling me American , You really are something, everything you post is made up.

Backing things up?, when have you ever done that?

I just did, posted links to show Tiger had a sprain on his knee, now show me when he had the operation. Lets see who really backs up their facts or who makes up stuff like they did in the past. Come on Doc ....ooops super realist Wink

KeizoYamata

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next