The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conal Keaney out of Sunday's Dubs match

+2
John Cregan
Cari
6 posters

Go down

Conal Keaney out of Sunday's Dubs match Empty Conal Keaney out of Sunday's Dubs match

Post by Cari Fri 22 Jul 2011, 12:36 pm

Just read an announcement on Facebook from Hill 16 stating that Conal Keaney was involved in a car accident this morning on his way to work, and sustained a leg injury which rules him out of Sunday's match against Limerick.

Although this is a huge loss to the Dubs, I'm just glad that Conal's not seriously hurt and I hope he makes a full and swift recovery Hug

Update: various rumours circulating at the moment what the injury is. Some saying he's having a scan and won't be ruled out until that's done, and some saying it's a broken leg. Sad

Cari

Back to top Go down

Conal Keaney out of Sunday's Dubs match Empty Re: Conal Keaney out of Sunday's Dubs match

Post by John Cregan Fri 22 Jul 2011, 12:48 pm

i hadn't heard that news as im in Dublin today driving a van.......... Wink

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Conal Keaney out of Sunday's Dubs match Empty Re: Conal Keaney out of Sunday's Dubs match

Post by Cari Fri 22 Jul 2011, 2:16 pm

I've read that apparently he walked into the ambulance himself and he's going for a scan. He might even make it back for Sunday's game. Here's hoping Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Fri 22 Jul 2011, 2:24 pm

Just realise i have another delivery to make. Oh it's actually to the hospital Conal is in!!

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 22 Jul 2011, 3:00 pm

I just got the joke now...apparently he was on a motorbike and crashed with a van!

I hope you weren't typing on here at the time John!! Very Happy

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Fri 22 Jul 2011, 4:00 pm

In all seriousness though, no one likes to see this happen.
Hope he's back to his best next season...............

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Fri 22 Jul 2011, 4:09 pm

I hope he is back to his best for sunday.
It depends on what is more important, a nice fat insurance payout, or an all ireland semi final spot.....

ask patrick91 about that.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Fri 22 Jul 2011, 4:29 pm

Another 50k for "depriving my client of playing in one of his team's most important games of their recent history your honour"!!

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by patrick91 Fri 22 Jul 2011, 4:48 pm

RebelBhoy wrote:I hope he is back to his best for sunday.
It depends on what is more important, a nice fat insurance payout, or an all ireland semi final spot.....

ask patrick91 about that.

????????
patrick91
patrick91

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:04 pm

Kyle Coney
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:05 pm

John Cregan wrote:Another 50k for "depriving my client of playing in one of his team's most important games of their recent history your honour"!!

bingo

emotional stress
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:38 pm

If reports are actually to be believed then it's a broken ankle.
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 22 Jul 2011, 7:06 pm

Gaelic-Warrior wrote:If reports are actually to be believed then it's a broken ankle.

Oh no Sad That sucks. It'll take him a while to get over that. Still, I'm grateful the accident wasn't more serious.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 22 Jul 2011, 11:15 pm

It's been confirmed after an X Ray and MRI scan that Conal suffered a cruciate ligament injury, although he's still possibly ruled out of Sunday's game. However, the Dubs have deferred naming their team until Sunday according to the Hill 16 website. Just glad it's not a serious injury.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 22 Jul 2011, 11:26 pm

A cruciate could be very serious for a sports career. Don't know how it would happen in a bike accident but, I wish a full recovery to him. Cruciate injuries occur a lot in GAA come to think of it.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 22 Jul 2011, 11:28 pm

Do they Thom? I've only heard of it in rugby before. I hope it's not the end for him. Sad

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 22 Jul 2011, 11:35 pm

I doubt it Cari. Ten years ago it might have been difficult but there have been big advancements in surgery since then. There are three I know of out this year with cruciate injuries (Colm o'Neil, Ciaran Sheehan and John Galvin) I think the Bradley brothers from Derry are both out with them too.

I'm still trying to figure out how you do a cruciate crashing your bike!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Sat 23 Jul 2011, 1:05 am

Colm O'Neill is coming back from his second. Keaney is a good bit older but that he is going great guns. we'll see him in september.....
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 23 Jul 2011, 10:40 am

Thomond wrote:

I'm still trying to figure out how you do a cruciate crashing your bike!

Maybe he twisted his foot badly on impact? Well he must've done something badly to think that originally he'd broken his ankle...

Also, I had to look up cruciate ligament on Wiki which was mind boggling!!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down