The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wlad the man to beat.... but who will do it?

+13
razzaq
Union Cane
HumanWindmill
Scottrf
The genius of PBF
Super D Boon
BALTIMORA
bhb001
John Bloody Wayne
Imperial Ghosty
Young_Towzer
The Galveston Giant
eddyfightfan
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

wlad the man to beat.... but who will do it? - Page 2 Empty wlad the man to beat.... but who will do it?

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 23 Jul 2011, 4:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

i know a lot of people have given up on the heavyweight division, with haye the only real contender, and comprehensivley outpointed by wlad recently it seems like we will have to be content with a few decent heavyweight domestics. but im wondering if any of you have any prospects that you have hopes for, or even any established heavyweights who havent been making much noise lately. just thought i'd give you a bit of info on a few who i've seen and see what you think. now please dont think that i mean they are ready for wlad now, they ALL have quite a bit to learn but these are the guys i expect to be at the top of the next generation of heavyweights. i refer only to wlad as i feel vitali will have retired before these guys are where they need to be. i've tried to pick a few from around the world, not just england.

ROBERT " THE NORDIC NIGHTMARE" HELENIUS 15(0)-0-0 current WBO/WBA intercontinetal champion, from finland.

he has won a silver medal in the europiean amatuer championships, is current promoted by mr sausland, has previous wins over samual peter, gregory tony and lamon brewster. he is undefeated and i think he has a good chance of grabbing a world title.

ARTRUR SPILKA 6(4)-0-0 6'3" 230lbs well conditioned, only turned pro recently, from poland.

this guy was fighting with a bunch of football hooligans when spotted and turned to boxing. he has been in prison for brawling at a nightclub and is a bit of a wildcard. he is still virtually a novice but is strong, winning his last fight against a guy 8-0-0 by 1st round KO (in 28 seconds)

ALEXANDER POVETKIN 21(15)-0-0 6'2" challenges for WBA heavyweight title against chagaev, from russia.

has moved to new york to train under teddy atlas. probably the most established of the bunch, although imo still alittle green to face wlad. he has good wins over firtha, eddie chambers and chris byrd but should not rush in against wlad. should see what level he is at in his next fight, but i have hopes from povetkin.

BERMANE "B WARE" STRIVERNE 21(20)-1(1)-1 6'2" WBC mandatory challenger, from canada

again a semi-established contender, has decent wins over kerston mansell and ray austin. he has KO power and a iron chin, if his skill level increases as well i think he will definetly fight for a title at some point. he already holds wins in the amatuers over david price and robert helineus.

RICHARD "INFERNO" TOWERS 11(8)-0-0 6'8" 31 years old.

has only suffered one defeat as a amatuer. has been in prision 6 1/2 years, on a kidnapping charge- but now is out and is looking good. he has a fight in september as yet against a unknown opponent. he is a sheffield lad like me and is been trained by paul ingle, looks stong and tough, he is huge and should present a real challange to most domestics at the moment, cannot wait until he is a little more seasoned as see what he can do.

added to that list adamek, david price, dallas, solis, haye, perez and a few others i think there is hope for the heavys yet.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

wlad the man to beat.... but who will do it? - Page 2 Empty Re: wlad the man to beat.... but who will do it?

Post by bhb001 Tue 26 Jul 2011, 12:56 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:would be interesting to see how wlad dealt with a 7" opponent though

A little unfair sending a midget in! Oh, you mean seven foot not seven inches. I'll get me coat

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2