The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Fury the first man to beat Wlad before even getting in the ring?

3 posters

Go down

Is Fury the first man to beat Wlad before even getting in the ring? Empty Is Fury the first man to beat Wlad before even getting in the ring?

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:04 am

Was only able to follow on Twitter and SS text but wow, what a fight and result, next to nobody saw that coming including me.

I had said I was warming to Fury in the build up (though still predicted Wlad late TKO Doh ) and this was mainly because Team Fury appeared to be the first genuinely confident opponent and team that really took it to Wlad and gave his whole operation that big F*CK YOU!!!

Tales have been rife for a long time as to all the advantages team K try to eak out and get one over their already over-matched opponents. In this game of psychological warfare the Fury's blew them apart.

K's could deal with Haye because he was basically a yappy little terrier and they could probably smell that he was desperate to get under their skin, the Fury's weren't, they just took no sh*t. The first sniff was post batman with K's fake injury as he tried to regain some control over the mayhem. Failed.

Then we had:

Wrong sized gloves - failed
Ridiculous padded ring - failed
Wrap own hands - massive fail

Tyson Fury won because he has the biggest set of balls and take no sh*t attitude that ever came up against Wlad K and boxing is surely better for it.
>
>
Does anyone agre?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Is Fury the first man to beat Wlad before even getting in the ring? Empty Re: Is Fury the first man to beat Wlad before even getting in the ring?

Post by AdamT Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:17 am

Yes to a degree I definitely do. Also the fact the big lump was a bigger lump and  being faster helped big time.

Peter Fury seemed very confident in the build up and I do believe he knows his stuff.

Tyson Fury might seem an oaf (at times I guess he is) but he is full of confidence and it seems his bravado is not just for show.

Definitely the handwrap thing and the ring did show K's team, that Fury wasn't there to be messed about. However Wlad is a professional and I think he just didn't do enough on the night. He wasn't prepared mentally for the challenge put in front of him.

Did he underestimate Fury? I am not sure. Wlad has been dominant for the last decade, but if you watch all his fights. Everything is controlled by the jab.

The jab is probably the most important weapon for any fighter, but even more so for a cautious one like Wlad, who loves to use his size and reach. Take the jab away, It limits the amount of right hands, because it seems he is afraid to expose himself to get hit.

Wlad is usually cautious, but he was extra cautious on Saturday night. Fury might not be the biggest puncher, but Wlad wasn't taking any chances, considering what happened in the past when he went gung ho.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Is Fury the first man to beat Wlad before even getting in the ring? Empty Re: Is Fury the first man to beat Wlad before even getting in the ring?

Post by Derbymanc Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:00 am

Thought Team Fury played it perfectly and got under Wlads and Sauerlands skin. Thought the way they handled the had wrap thing was brilliant.

'You will do it again, we're not having it'
'Are you threatening us'
'No, it will be done again'
'You are threatening'
'Fine fights off, safety of my fighter is my concern'

Pretty certain Sauerlands pants got filled at that point. Loved what Asif and Peter Fury said as well, 'it's our job to worry about these things, we do what's best for our fighter and he knows that'
Brilliant team, brilliant performance and whilst I still don't rate Fury that highly, he definitely deserved the win and a part of me hopes he goes on to bigger and better things.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down