The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amy Winehouse is Dead...

+12
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
time please
noleisthebest
Mat
GloucesterBear
legendkillar
Adam D
Cari
sodhat
Beer
The Galveston Giant
ncfc_Tooze
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Amy Winehouse is Dead... - Page 2 Empty Amy Winehouse dead

Post by ncfc_Tooze Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

amy winehouse has been found dead, expected to be an overdose,
source sky news and twitter

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Amy Winehouse is Dead... - Page 2 Empty Re: Amy Winehouse is Dead...

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:31 am

It was like Princess Diana - I bet everyone remembers where they were when they heard Amy Winehouse died.

I was playing Mario Kart. I won the race.

Joking aside, I agree - the celebrity tweeting is ridiculous. As was the BBC News 24 channel phoning a chap who knew Amy when she was 9, in primary school, and asking what his memories are of her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:40 am

Amy's motivation?

How about the army of fans she had who loved her music and wanted her to be a success? What about people like Mark Ronson who tried to help her but got pushed aside? What about going on to be a well respected artist? Instead of becoming the Camden Caner.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:46 am

Could she beat Back to Black though? Especially after the years of drug abuse.

When John Frusciante re-joined the Chili Peppers for Californication, after taking an hiatus to eat loads of drugs, he couldn't play guitar anymore. He had to re-learn. I'm sure something similar would have happened to her.

Again, the pressure of the panning she would get from the media if she released a below-par album (which was inevitable after B2B, and the drug abuse) must have been horrendous.

BTW - I'm not trying to place all the blame on the media because I'm not that stupid. I just think they could have helped by backing off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:49 am

Demon - that's ridiculous of the BBC to do that! Is that what we pay our licence fee for!? 🤦

I just got the impression from all the tweeting that if you were remotely famous, you had to tweet something about it. If they've worked with her, or knew her well that's fair enough...but I don't think Demi Moore was a big pal of hers.

I don't think she'd ever have topped Back to Black. Just like Kurt Cobain and Nirvana couldn't top Nevermind, or Jeff Buckley topping Grace - because of those albums, their careers are immortalised long after their premature deaths.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:53 am

Cari wrote:Demon - that's ridiculous of the BBC to do that! Is that what we pay our licence fee for!?

Unfortunate but true.

You could tell the guy felt really uncomfortable being asked questions it was impossible for him to answer, basing an adult's death on his memories of a 9 year old.

But not too uncomfortable not to do the interview.

"What was she like back then?"
"Bubbly, outgoing and playful"

WHAT LIKE A CHILD????

It was moronic

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:54 am

The tweets are ridiculous. Even Chris Jericho tweeted about it.

Could she top B2B, i dunno. And we'll never find out. But she could easily have gone on to have a long and illustrious career.

People get panned in the press all the time. It's part of the culture. They build you up and will sure as hell be there to knock you down. It shouldn't stifle your motivation to go out and fulfil your talent.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:56 am

You see I never ever understand those sorts of interviews. I noticed they interviewed Carol King about her. Another tenuous link...anyway, my point is, no one's going to say "Well actually I thought her music was mediocre, and she was a complete b!tch..." are they? They all give the same generic responses which just depersonalises the person's death IMO.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:01 am

Cari wrote:You see I never ever understand those sorts of interviews. I noticed they interviewed Carol King about her. Another tenuous link...anyway, my point is, no one's going to say "Well actually I thought her music was mediocre, and she was a complete b!tch..." are they? They all give the same generic responses which just depersonalises the person's death IMO.

Yeah i agree. Thing is, even if they went to the public, they wouldn't screen someone with my views. They would find some blubbering child who's devestated at the loss of their 'hero'.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:06 am

That's my point Clarke...any interview is pointless, because they just show what they want, and no one's going to broadcast anything negative about a popular dead person.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:26 am

Cari wrote:That's my point Clarke...any interview is pointless, because they just show what they want, and no one's going to broadcast anything negative about a popular dead person.

At first when I saw headlines about Russell Brand writing about Amy Winehouse I thought it was about to get interesting. But just praise for her it seemed.

I know addiction is like a disease etc, but at the end of the day, it's not impossible to beat it if you're given the full support of those around you and, more importantly, you want o stop being an addict. Her mother gave an interview last year saying they knew she was going to kill herself, and they'd already thought about where she wanted to be buried, so how do they deserve the sympathy of everyone if they knew she had it coming and did little to help her?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:09 pm

so theyre not treating it as suspicious then

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:36 pm

Great singer but very badly managed and I can't say I really liked any of her songs.

Seems like she had a self-destructive personality and needed to be protected from herself. I'd be interested to know exactly what, if anything, her family did to try and keep her away from bad influences.

A real shame for anyone to die at that age, even more so if its drugs-related and especially when they happen to be a gifted singer.

Personally, I think she should have been steered more in the direction of the kind of stuff Imelda May is now doing. Upbeat, sassy stuff is more appealing IMO than a lot of the songs she did.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:04 pm

Looks like Amy drank herself to death - not surprising if she had consumed three bottles of vodka. A verdict of misadventure has been given.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-15453517

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:56 pm

Interesting.

I always wondered how you could actually drink yourself to death. Apparently at some point you just stop breathing and fall into a coma.

The pathologist says 350mg of alcohol per 100ml of blood is usually considered fatal. Amy had 416mg. Shocked

My hunch is thats exactly what she was trying to do. I can't imagine anyone drinks 3 bottles of vodka for the fun of it. I'd be comatose after 1 bottle...or less...
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:52 pm

It takes a little time for the alcohol to be absorbed into the blood stream once it has been ingested. So she obviously drunk the 3 bottle of vodka fairly quickly. If one were drinking it slowly one would pass out before reaching a fatal level of alcohol.

ps I think most normally choke themselves to death before dieing of alcohol poisoning.

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:49 pm

"I'd be comatose after 1 bottle...or less..."

I'd be comatose if I saw 3 bottles of vodka Run

Anyway, people make their own choices...Dumb people can't handle fame and money, shame noone around her had the guts and enough love for her to sort her out.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:52 am

I remember fans leaving bottles of beer and vodka outside her house when she died along with the flowers and tributes. Her death won't be a warning to them then... Rolling Eyes

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:19 pm

I thought they originally said she died because she WASN'T drinking, and her body could not cope with the change?

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2