The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate

+44
Rowley
Raymond
sweet_pea
Sir. badgerhands
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
eddyfightfan
AberdeenSteve
Michaels, Sean
Rodney
The Galveston Giant
TRUSSMAN66
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
HumanWindmill
coxy0001
NoMasDinero
skidd1
Colonial Lion
Lumbering_Jack
onestepbeyond
88Chris05
GeoffSnapes
Scottrf
OSH ( Old Stone Hands )
Silver
BoxingFan88
samevans1
ADMIN
Shantel Jackson Boyfriend
Jamson
IronFistCliveMyers
ArchBritishchris
Imperial Ghosty
Cheikitout
swedish chef
BALTIMORA
azania
Enforcer
Sugar Boy Sweetie
oxring
Youarethegreatest
Adam D
Bob
RocketAce
D4thincarnation
48 posters

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

Go down

Who wins and how?

The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 18 Vote_lcap10%The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 18 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 3 ]
The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 18 Vote_lcap24%The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 18 Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 7 ]
The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 18 Vote_lcap0%The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 18 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 18 Vote_lcap48%The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 18 Vote_rcap 48% 
[ 14 ]
The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 18 Vote_lcap10%The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 18 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 3 ]
The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 18 Vote_lcap3%The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 18 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 18 Vote_lcap3%The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 18 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 29

Poll closed

The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 18 Empty The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 16 Feb - 19:04

First topic message reminder :

It is an issue that polarises the sport, and get the most headlines. It is because the are opposites in the the ring and out.

Inside the ring Mayweather is a defensive fighter, safety first, whilst Manny is an attacking fighting that brings the excitement. Outside the ring Manny is well liked, humble happy and at peace, whilst Mayweather seems angry brash, arrogant, mentally troubled and problems with the law.

It is no surprise since they seem to be polar opposites that they split opinion.

In this thread I would like to discuss how there careers match up and who would win should they eventually face each other in the ring.

Last edited by Hobo on Wed 30 Mar - 14:01; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added a poll to the discussion)

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 18 Empty Re: The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate

Post by azania Thu 31 Mar - 0:37

D4thincarnation wrote:
azania wrote:Oh dear https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIdPOogGe8Q&feature=related

Please, don't tell me I need to tell you about propaganda, Mark Regev interviews are less blatant in how they manipulate the facts and tell part truths.

You have been using Regev style throughout old chap. 242?

azania

Back to top Go down

The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 18 Empty Re: The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate

Post by azania Thu 31 Mar - 0:39

D4thincarnation wrote:
The Mighty Atom wrote:Quackiao gets owned in that video, using D4 it proves he's juicing

I guess you no very little about proof. And When Floyd get sued for 60 million it will also set a nice precedent making the like of other who follow that line to be sued as well in a much more straight forward case.

Even if he won the case, it means little. Take RANDOM tests and leave no doubt. Why not sue Malignaggi and/or Cintron. Both have said what FMSnr said. I'm gonna have some grapefruit jUICE in a mo.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 31 Mar - 0:42

Even if found guilty they wouldn't get anywhere near 60mil because after all he turned down a big money spinner so loss of earnings are also caused by his own actions.

I'm fairly sure Quackiao doesn't care what someone says on a forum because lets be honest if it were the case, Floyd would be able to sue you for defamation no problem anyway.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 31 Mar - 0:43

azania wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
azania wrote:Oh dear https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIdPOogGe8Q&feature=related

Please, don't tell me I need to tell you about propaganda, Mark Regev interviews are less blatant in how they manipulate the facts and tell part truths.

I'm surprised you not coming out with the line, "Mayweather has the right to defend himself"

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 31 Mar - 0:46

The Mighty Atom wrote:Even if found guilty they wouldn't get anywhere near 60mil because after all he turned down a big money spinner so loss of earnings are also caused by his own actions.

I'm fairly sure Quackiao doesn't care what someone says on a forum because lets be honest if it were the case, Floyd would be able to sue you for defamation no problem anyway.

The damage done to Pacquiao good name, lost of endorsements and future losses to earning because of the smear campaign run by the Mayweather. Done to diminish Pacquiao achievements so Mayweather can seem to compete with them.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 31 Mar - 0:57

D4thincarnation wrote:
azania wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

I'm surprised you not coming out with the line, "Mayweather has the right to defend himself"

Well he is a defensive master. No excuses about gloves, weight, tests. Nothing. Just tell your boy to man up and take the tests. Being the top now as you shout all the time,. he should set an example to other boxers that he can do it clean. What about the children? Dont forget the children. He has a duy to be a role model and make a stand against juicers.

Think of the poor children.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 31 Mar - 0:58

D4thincarnation wrote:
The Mighty Atom wrote:Even if found guilty they wouldn't get anywhere near 60mil because after all he turned down a big money spinner so loss of earnings are also caused by his own actions.

The damage done to Pacquiao good name, lost of endorsements and future losses to earning because of the smear campaign run by the Mayweather. Done to diminish Pacquiao achievements so Mayweather can seem to compete with them.

You dont have to be Johnny Cochran to defend Floyd's team hee. All Manny had to do was man up.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 31 Mar - 1:01

azania wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
azania wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

Well he is a defensive master. No excuses about gloves, weight, tests. Nothing. Just tell your boy to man up and take the tests. Being the top now as you shout all the time,. he should set an example to other boxers that he can do it clean. What about the children? Dont forget the children. He has a duy to be a role model and make a stand against juicers.

Mayweather launches an attack calling Manny a drug cheat but yet he saying he is the victim and is threatened by the much smaller Pacquiao.

remind you of anything.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 31 Mar - 1:05

D4, I've read your posts. I've seen you take guys on here and drive them batsh!t crazy. But now you are losing big time and getting owned. Just quit when your way behind. Its getting embarassing watching you squirm and wriggle like a fish on a line.

You're better than this. The sad thing is that it was so easy. Manny ducked the fight because he didn't want to take RANDOM tests.

Manny is a fraud as an alleged ATG. Nowhere near the top 100. A career of brilliance in matchmaking, timing and stips. I reckon those stips would have made an average Joe appear a world beater. Not even top 10 P4P over the decade.

Goodnight old chap.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 31 Mar - 1:07

D4thincarnation wrote:
azania wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
azania wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

Mayweather launches an attack calling Manny a drug cheat but yet he saying he is the victim and is threatened by the much smaller Pacquiao.

remind you of anything.

Of course it does, but your analogy is patently wrong. And you know I'm correct. In sports, if you refuse a test, you are by definition a cheat. In athletics you would be banned for that and for less.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu 31 Mar - 11:09

Depends on the sport azania. If in bodybuilding halfway through the year, 6months before the finals, Jay Cutler turned to Ronnie Coleman, accused him of juicing and demanded he took a test, and Coleman, offended, refused - that wouldn't be that unreasonable a refusal.

REFUSAL DOES NOT EQUAL CHEATING.

Re: "not in p4p top 10 of the last decade" - you cannot be serious. Barrera x2, Morales x2, Marquez, Hatton, ODLH, Cotto, Marg, Larios, Diaz, Jamili, Ledwaba, Sanchez.

No-one else around has a record like that. That's why he's p4p.
-----------------
However - in defence of the Manny v Floyd thing - I think he should have agreed to the test.

What he did eventually agree to, random testing up to 14 (7 if you believe D4) days was a fair compromise and I haven't been impressed by Floyd "not thinking about boxing" since that time.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Thu 31 Mar - 11:18

They should both grow up and just fight. Both of them's legacies will be dimished if they never fight each other. Neither can claim to have been the finest fighter of his era and will have it thrown in his face for the rest of his life.

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 31 Mar - 11:39

oxring wrote:Depends on the sport azania. If in bodybuilding halfway through the year, 6months before the finals, Jay Cutler turned to Ronnie Coleman, accused him of juicing and demanded he took a test, and Coleman, offended, refused - that wouldn't be that unreasonable a refusal.

REFUSAL DOES NOT EQUAL CHEATING.

Re: "not in p4p top 10 of the last decade" - you cannot be serious. Barrera x2, Morales x2, Marquez, Hatton, ODLH, Cotto, Marg, Larios, Diaz, Jamili, Ledwaba, Sanchez.

No-one else around has a record like that. That's why he's p4p.
-----------------
However - in defence of the Manny v Floyd thing - I think he should have agreed to the test.

What he did eventually agree to, random testing up to 14 (7 if you believe D4) days was a fair compromise and I haven't been impressed by Floyd "not thinking about boxing" since that time.

Ox

I didn't consider body building as a sport to be honest. Its more like a boby beautiful Miss World type contest. But if you say its a sport then I'll go with it.

As for Pac, I dont look at the Morales fight as a huge victory. Erik was drained and was outboxing Manny until his legs gave out. Also he was coming off huge fihts with MAB which would have drained any other fighter to an extent. Oscar was drained. Hatton was a good victory. Cotto was drained. In short, any victory over a drained fighter is discounted as a great victory. Its a paper victory for me. That included Floyds win over JMM. Until Pac fights a live opponent, he should not be considered top 10 P4P over the last decade.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu 31 Mar - 11:48

2 over Barrera?

JC gets in the top 10 of the last decade - but his resume can't be compared next to Manny's. And I'm a massive Joe fan.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 31 Mar - 11:53

Yeah Morales was drained but Pacquiao was huge and was always a big superfeather.

You can't have it both ways?

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 31 Mar - 12:08

oxring wrote:2 over Barrera?

JC gets in the top 10 of the last decade - but his resume can't be compared next to Manny's. And I'm a massive Joe fan.

Same with Morales given that the fights he had with Erik took its toll. Pac has had perfect matchmaking and timing in taking those boxers when they were just off the cusp and/or weight drained. Under close scrutiny is record doesn't stack up to much imo.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 31 Mar - 12:10

D4thincarnation wrote:Yeah Morales was drained but Pacquiao was huge and was always a big superfeather.

You can't have it both ways?

Cant have what both ways? I take it you didn't look at the vid I posted yesterday showing a skeletal Morales who practically killed himself to make weight and who had potential financial penalties if he came in 1lb over the limit.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 31 Mar - 12:25

Not sure what other fighter other than Mayweather could realistically be rated abover Pacquiao myself

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 31 Mar - 15:02

In Mayweather latest interview he admit he has had dream of getting beat (by Pacquiao) and has woken up very disturbed by it and had to run ten miles.

Mayweather says he is training everyday and implies he think Pacquiao has taken his legacy away from him and he will fight him to stop this.

It seems that Pacquiao is even tormenting Mayweather in his dreams.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 31 Mar - 15:04

D4thincarnation wrote:In Mayweather latest interview he admit he has had dream of getting beat (by Pacquiao) and has woken up very disturbed by it and had to run ten miles.

Mayweather says he is training everyday and implies he think Pacquiao has taken his legacy away from him and he will fight him to stop this.

Is that recent, D4 ?

If so it's great news. Maybe they will get it on, after all.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 31 Mar - 15:08

HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:In Mayweather latest interview he admit he has had dream of getting beat (by Pacquiao) and has woken up very disturbed by it and had to run ten miles.

Is that recent, D4 ?

If so it's great news. Maybe they will get it on, after all.

http://www.newsteroid.com/blog/mayweather-im-gonna-fight-him-im-not-gonna-have-my-legacy-taken-from-me/

From the Rope-A-Dope interview. Nate Jones quotes Floyd as saying "I'm gonna have my mind ready and Im gonna defeat him, Im not gonna have me legacy taken away from me. And If I lose to a better man I wanna make sure I wasnt cheated"

Nate goes on to say that he believes from the bottom of his heart that the fight will soon happen. Nate also said Floyd has trained every single day and has stayed in supreme shape.

Nate says that Floyd realizes he is getting older and he understands he needs to fight Pacman soon and within the year. Nate tells a story where Floyd had a dream where he lost and Floyd woke up and went and ran ten miles because he was so emotionally disturbed.

I think it is obvious that Mayweather see Pacquiao a a huge threat and even accepts he could lose, and for Mayweather to say that with his ego.... well

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 31 Mar - 15:11

Well, that really IS good news if it's a statement of real intent.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 31 Mar - 15:11

Interesting name for that site. Does Pac subscribe to it? Just askin' like. Whistle

Of course Floyd sees him as a threat. He's the consumate pro and sees every boxer as a threat. If he sees Pac as a bigger threat than most, then you should pity pac as he will be at the receiving end of a severe and sustained beating he'd be praying for the KO.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 31 Mar - 15:12

Personally D4, I dont think you want that fight to happen as you know your boy will lose. You'd rather talk about the hypothetical match up that the actual fight.

Will Manny take the tests?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 31 Mar - 15:21

Floyd fear losing, so much so he has nightmares about it. Obviously brought on by an pending bout with Pacquiao.

He also implies his mind has not been right, but is has continued to train everyday and intends to return to the ring.

And he feels that Pacquiao has taken his legacy.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 31 Mar - 15:26

D4thincarnation wrote:Floyd fear losing, so much so he has nightmares about it. Obviously brought on by an pending bout with Pacquiao.

He also implies his mind has not been right, but is has continued to train everyday and intends to return to the ring.

Well, fear and fear of losing are perfectly normal emotions. There'd be something wrong if Floyd approached a fight with Manny without healthy fear. As to legacy, Manny has, without a doubt, leapfrogged Floyd in terms of profile. ( In my opinion.)

Let's just hope that this is the spur to get the fight done.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 31 Mar - 15:27

D4thincarnation wrote:Floyd fear losing, so much so he has nightmares about it. Obviously brought on by an pending bout with Pacquiao.

You're making statements without a point to them.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 31 Mar - 15:31

HumanWindmill wrote:

Well, fear and fear of losing are perfectly normal emotions. There'd be something wrong if Floyd approached a fight with Manny without healthy fear. As to legacy, Manny has, without a doubt, leapfrogged Floyd in terms of profile. ( In my opinion.)

The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters.
Cus D'Amato -

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 31 Mar - 15:33

D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters.
Cus D'Amato -

Well, mercifully neither of them is a coward.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 31 Mar - 15:37

Tyson's opponents were overcome by fear before facing him, and this hindered their performance. Will the same happen to Mayweather?

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 31 Mar - 15:41

D4thincarnation wrote:Tyson's opponents were overcome by fear before facing him, and this hindered their performance. Will the same happen to Mayweather?

Manny's fear of needles overcame him last time.

Stop pushing buttons and stop turning this into a morality play. It's boxing, pure and simple.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 31 Mar - 15:46

HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:Tyson's opponents were overcome by fear before facing him, and this hindered their performance. Will the same happen to Mayweather?

Stop pushing buttons and stop turning this into a morality play. It's boxing, pure and simple.

And in boxing your mindset before the fight plays a part.

Manny is super relax before a fight and is not worrying about losing, he has a super belief, Floyd's mind seem much more fragile too me.

I can't see Floyd getting under Manny's skin either and this will just make Floyd more unstable.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Thu 31 Mar - 15:51

Manny sleeps very well the night before a fight; he even cuddles.

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 31 Mar - 15:52

D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

Manny is super relax before a fight and is not worrying about losing, he has a super belief, Floyd's mind seem much more fragile too me.

I can't see Floyd getting under Manny's skin either and this will just make Floyd more unstable.

Change the tune mate. Your wumming has been exposed. Your arguments defeated. Talk boxing as you are very good at that.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 31 Mar - 15:53

D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

You have ZERO IDEA of Manny's mindset before a fight.

Stick to boxing. I've asked you, and now I'm telling you that I'm getting just a bit fed up with clearing up your mess for you. Just debate the issues, like everybody else, and leave the soap box somewhere else.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 31 Mar - 16:05

Thread locked until the admin fellas look at it.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Mar - 16:07

D4,

Please stick to the topic.

If there is nothing else to debate then please refrain from regurgitating previous comments.

If you can't back up your claims with facts then i would suggest you drop it. If this continues and you fail to take heed i will lock this thread and any further attempts to provoke other members will result in comments being deleted and further warnings.

Thanks,

KB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18