The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

surrey vs Warwickshire Clydesdale Bank 40

+5
Carrotdude
Corporalhumblebucket
guildfordbat
jbd349
jimbobgooner
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

surrey vs Warwickshire Clydesdale Bank 40  - Page 2 Empty surrey vs Warwickshire Clydesdale Bank 40

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 24 Jul 2011, 10:18 am

First topic message reminder :

Matthew Spriegel replaces Gary Wilson, as Chris Adams names a thirteen man squad to face Warwickshire in the Clydesdale Bank 40 at Woodbridge Road today.
This is the only change to the squad that was selected to face Durham in the abandoned fixture at Chester-le-Street last Sunday.
The full Surrey Lions squad to face the Warwickshire Bears at Woodbridge Road in Guildford on Sunday 24th July, is
Jason Roy
Steven Davies (Wicket Keeper)
Rory Hamilton-Brown (Captain)
Tom Maynard
Zander de Bruyn
Matthew Spriegel
Zafar Ansari
Gareth Batty
Yasir Arafat
Jade Dernbach
Chris Schofield
Tim Linley
Stuart Meaker
i shall be making my way to guildford shortly so hope to see you all there in the beer tents Very Happy

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

surrey vs Warwickshire Clydesdale Bank 40  - Page 2 Empty Re: surrey vs Warwickshire Clydesdale Bank 40

Post by guildfordbat Tue 23 Aug 2011, 7:13 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:The sadly departed Roope was one of the best slip fielders of his generation.

For the purposes of heckling (sorry, offering words of encouragement) he had a particularly satisfying sounding name ....

We may complain about Surrey's bowling attack from time to time, but I remember attending a cc match when Roope opened the bowling for Surrey. He may have been a tad better than, say, Jonathan Trott, but he was definitely very much a back up bowler.

And around forty years on, The Brain opens the bowling in a CC match! Shocked

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2