The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland - Ireland 6th Aug - TV viewing

+5
Imperialbigdave
InjuredYetAgain
Rugby_Assessor
rodders
DaDubs1
9 posters

Go down

Scotland - Ireland 6th Aug - TV viewing Empty Scotland - Ireland 6th Aug - TV viewing

Post by DaDubs1 Sun 31 Jul 2011, 11:21 am

Anyone know where this is being viewed? Not on Sky sports, not going to be on RTE. Can't seem to find the big game (for scottish fans) anywhere.

Anyone got any info or potential links for it? Is it just going to be a behind closed doors game because its only a warm up?

DaDubs1

Back to top Go down

Scotland - Ireland 6th Aug - TV viewing Empty Re: Scotland - Ireland 6th Aug - TV viewing

Post by rodders Sun 31 Jul 2011, 11:32 am

Is it on BBC2?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/4797831.stm
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Scotland - Ireland 6th Aug - TV viewing Empty Re: Scotland - Ireland 6th Aug - TV viewing

Post by DaDubs1 Sun 31 Jul 2011, 11:35 am

roddersm wrote:Is it on BBC2?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/4797831.stm

Is this 'BBC' you mention a new TV channel?!

Jesus that is a new one for me, not a clue how i missed that.

DaDubs1

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby_Assessor Sun 31 Jul 2011, 12:56 pm

I think I'm just going to go to the match... it's only €5 for students! The SRU must be terrified that the stadium's going to empty!

Rugby_Assessor

Back to top Go down

Post by DaDubs1 Sun 31 Jul 2011, 1:10 pm

Rugby_Assessor wrote:I think I'm just going to go to the match... it's only €5 for students! The SRU must be terrified that the stadium's going to empty!

Can you blame them?! They're should be discount valium on sale every time you go to see a Scottish game!

DaDubs1

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Sun 31 Jul 2011, 3:51 pm

Hey, that's a bit cheeky, DaDubs. It is real edge of the seat stuff at Murrayfield these days - you can never relax as you are constantly speculating/wondering who is going to be next to pass the ball a mile forward, drop it under no pressure, miss him line-out jumper by two feet etc. At least it is nice and warm there, though (not!)
Assessor - any idea how many tickets have been sold? I haven't seen any numbers mentioned in the press but there again the soccerball season has started so every other sport is ignoredbecause a Celtic/Rangers "star" broke wind at training.

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperialbigdave Sun 31 Jul 2011, 3:55 pm

I was looking forward to this all summer, but ive been handed a shift on saturday and one during the italy game aswell, and have no room to negotiate. furious

so the news that its being televised is good
Imperialbigdave
Imperialbigdave

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 31 Jul 2011, 3:58 pm

Especially if it's on BBC, as that means it will be on iPlayer later for UK and Northern Ireland (Rep. of Ireland- get a proxy?)
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 31 Jul 2011, 4:03 pm

BBC2
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsuperclear Sun 31 Jul 2011, 4:07 pm

Jeez RTÉ just don't have the cash anymore do they? Being outbid by TG4 for the Heineken cup highlights from next year (and let's face it, how much money could TG4 realistically have bid? Not much) and now not even arsing themselves to show this....Cheers though BBC!! Ale

mrsuperclear

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 31 Jul 2011, 4:15 pm

mrsuperclear,

They don't have much money to be fair but I'm glad they decided to go for the French games instead of this one.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby_Assessor Sun 31 Jul 2011, 6:23 pm

Injured,

I have no idea but I should be passing the Murrayfield ticket office later this week to buy my tickets so I'll try find out then. Looking at the tickets that are available to buy on the website, it looks like they won't be opening up the upper levels on the north and south stands (the ones behind the goals) so I take it they're not expecting a full house!

Rugby_Assessor

Back to top Go down

Post by DaDubs1 Sun 31 Jul 2011, 11:16 pm

Its part of a conspiracy mrsuperclean, they're secretly run by the Gaeltacht which is planning to buy over everything then use their power to destroy technology and return us to the dark ages.

DaDubs1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down