The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General behaviour on the rugby board - PLEASE READ

+29
RubyGuby
TheGreyGhost
tecphobe
yappysnap
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Pal Joey
Glas a du
Ozzy3213
Davie
Great White
PenfroPete
MBTGOG
BATH_BTGOG
nottins
pete (buachaill on eirne)
welshjohn369
Biltong
aucklandlaurie
Gibson
PJHolybloke
red_stag
greybeard
Notch
Adam D
Cari
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Cymroglan
Thomond
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
33 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

General behaviour on the rugby board - PLEASE READ - Page 3 Empty General behaviour on the rugby board - PLEASE READ

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 03 Aug 2011, 5:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

Afternoon all.

I'm just switching to general rant mode for a moment.

I know there's a heatwave in Northern Europe. I know the RWC build up is getting interesting. All that means people are getting a bit tetchy. But that's no excuse for the amount of time RugbyDreamer, Hobo, myself and the rest of the admin/mod team have had to put in this week calming waters. And we'd much rather be spending time trying to do the "fun" stuff like getting Q&As and possible prizes for site members.

There's an awful lot of unneccessary sniping, snide comments, and general interpreting-in-the-worst-possible-light of other people's posts going on (especially if the poster is someone you don't like). And as a result the number of rugby posters on final warnings for posting behaviour is approaching double figures.

Along the way we've also had some pretty good (in my opinion anyway) debate going on. So folks, I'm asking you all, before you fly off in a rage at someone's comment, take the time to re-read a post just in case you've mis-read it. And re-read your own post before hitting send.

Remember that most general wind-up posts are pretty easily shot down by hard facts. Remember also to be gracious if someone offers up evidence that suggests you're wrong - everyone's wrong occasionly. Even me. Though I like to think I fess up when I realise I'm wrong.

Over the next few days we're going to take a tougher line on general windups, as well as those who react to them - consider this a general warning.

Also, comments on this thread that either name specific posters you'd like throttled back (or just throttled), or go down a childish he-said/she-said route won't be looked upon kindly.

I'll warn people in advance too, I'm going away Friday morning to Bordeaux for the weekend. Which means Hobo will be in charge of the ban button. And Hobo likes using the ban button. Wink

Anyways, to summarise, remember the golden rule - Treat others the way you'd like to be treated*, play nice, and respect each other.

Thanks for reading
Kiwi devil

*Except for any masochists out there Wink
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

General behaviour on the rugby board - PLEASE READ - Page 3 Empty Re: General behaviour on the rugby board - PLEASE READ

Post by RubyGuby Mon 08 Aug 2011, 10:05 am

I se GG more of a WatchGod that a WatchDog and perhaps therein lies the difference. Keep 'em coming GreyGhost, although I'm hoping you don't change your colours and turn up as WhiteGhost during the RWC. Then again maybe you should just for the RWC thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

General behaviour on the rugby board - PLEASE READ - Page 3 Empty Re: General behaviour on the rugby board - PLEASE READ

Post by Great White Mon 08 Aug 2011, 10:08 am

Personally, I think all cancerous growths should be expunged, whether they're going through a relatively benign stage or not.

Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 08 Aug 2011, 10:17 am

Well done Gibbo.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Mon 08 Aug 2011, 11:25 am

It's the same ppl though. GG England wums can send a glass eye to sleep.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Mon 08 Aug 2011, 1:58 pm

Sorry Breadvan I'll try harder.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 08 Aug 2011, 2:40 pm

To be honest I didn't see anything wrong with GG's Johnson article.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 08 Aug 2011, 2:43 pm

The reason why it was locked is that GG has been warned about purposedly antagonising people on this subject. He has posted the same comment on numerous threads and people have complained about his "broken record".

The post itself is not in isolation breaking any rules.

However, it has been discussed on umpteen threads already, has been complained about on umpteen occasions and the author has previously been warned about it.

Starting another thread on the subject matter, after several requests to stop, is the equivalent of laughing in the face of authority.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White Mon 08 Aug 2011, 2:45 pm

So why is he still on here then?

Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 08 Aug 2011, 2:48 pm

Starting another thread on the subject matter, after several requests to stop, is the equivalent of laughing in the face of authority.

raspberry Laugh
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 08 Aug 2011, 2:52 pm

How very dare he thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 08 Aug 2011, 3:56 pm

red_stag wrote:
Great White wrote:I've been Pm'd for bad behaviour and I don't mind admitting it. I deserved it because at the end of the day, i'd risen to the bait.

But, in my defence, there are only two people on here who wind me up, and they know fine well who they are. The problem from my point of view is that they are allowed to post the same drivel over and over and over again and whilst remaining on the right side of the rules - just about. Its when you rise to the bait, and its inevitable given the ceaseless nature of these people's comments, its you that gets into trouble. Thats all wrong in my opinion, the people in question should be taken out of circulation at source. The mods were warned that they would come across from 606 but gave everybody a new chance. Which, if you ask me, was a mistake.

+1 and I would say this is the single biggest issue the moderators are facing.

Agree wholeheartedly...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins_jones Mon 08 Aug 2011, 4:36 pm

GreyGhost is a good poster that is caught in a vicious circle. Pretty much because nottins follows him around constantly trying to antagonise him; then GreyGhost gets into trouble because nottins complains about him showing him up.
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Mon 08 Aug 2011, 4:40 pm

nottins_jones,

Just leave it be and go enjoy some debate on the site. There is plenty of it to go around.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Mon 08 Aug 2011, 4:49 pm

Hobo wrote:Greybeard - The way to deal with offensive posts/ wums is to either PM the mod/admin team with your concerns or use the "!" icon to report it.

What we didnt want on this thread is for people to start namecalling and it descending away from the threads intention - namely to be good.

if that's the case, could you give a reply to those people that have contacted mods or used the ! button as it would help us identify what is and isn't allowed.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Aug 2011, 4:55 pm

nottins_jones wrote:GreyGhost is a good poster that is caught in a vicious circle. Pretty much because nottins follows him around constantly trying to antagonise him; then GreyGhost gets into trouble because nottins complains about him showing him up.

NJ - to add to what MBTGOG has already said, please either drop this and join debate somewhere else on this forum, or (as I've already told you today on another thread) if you have a genuine problem with how another poster posts, then please contact one of us via PM. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 08 Aug 2011, 5:01 pm

I find GG's posts intelligent and articulate with a touch of the dark side ribbing away at his opponents - Jeez, us welsh have had to put up with some stick over the years - Where would we be without the banter and how can you actually be offended by someone whose opinion you obviously don't value. Long live the GG on here. thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins_jones Mon 08 Aug 2011, 5:11 pm

Ok, but I also '+1' what Ruby said. Sometimes GreyGhost needs to tone it down but the posters on here complaining about him are the main culprits...
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 08 Aug 2011, 5:15 pm

nottins_jones

Do you not understand what drop this means? You have made your point, now leave it. This post does not require a response from yourself.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins_jones Mon 08 Aug 2011, 5:28 pm

I was replying to Dreamer and agreeing to a relevant point somebody made to the latest discussion. Then I left it. But now I have to come back and ask who made you a moderator LDC and why... and why are you butting into my convo? Are you trying to antagonise me with that comment? I also believe the post was posted on the forum so actually it requires a post from all members/contributors. Sorry to drag it on...
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White Tue 09 Aug 2011, 8:25 am

nottins_jones wrote:GreyGhost is a good poster that is caught in a vicious circle. Pretty much because nottins follows him around constantly trying to antagonise him; then GreyGhost gets into trouble because nottins complains about him showing him up.

Thats rubbish, and anybody with an ounce of intelligence can see it.

Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Tue 09 Aug 2011, 10:10 am

mmmmm..Says the guy with a username taking the censored out of nottins! Your just bringing your previous 606 form onto here. The circle will be complete if Cyril joins! Erm
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Tue 09 Aug 2011, 11:41 am

Great White wrote:

Thats rubbish, and anybody with an ounce of intelligence can see it.

Good point, well made.

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Tue 09 Aug 2011, 2:54 pm

Surely you lads aren't indulging in personal attacks on the very thread set up by the long suffering moderators asking for posters to refrain from personal attacks?

It's lucky that I'm so tremendously thick skinned and can't be lured into pointless slinging matches with guys who after all, are part of the same resplendant community of those willing to spend hours debating almost entirely irrelevant and probably massively misguided finer points of rugby. Hug

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White Tue 09 Aug 2011, 2:57 pm

Clearly, the resplendant community has got your number, so if I were you, I'd be keeping quiet for a while.

Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 09 Aug 2011, 3:00 pm

Being honest White I'd let sleeping dogs lie.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 09 Aug 2011, 3:22 pm

TheGreyGhost wrote:Surely you lads aren't indulging in personal attacks on the very thread set up by the long suffering moderators asking for posters to refrain from personal attacks?

It's lucky that I'm so tremendously thick skinned and can't be lured into pointless slinging matches with guys who after all, are part of the same resplendant community of those willing to spend hours debating almost entirely irrelevant and probably massively misguided finer points of rugby. Hug

Your lot need to worry about the behaviour of their cheating Captain than the generals. Does that qualifty as finer points of rugby ? boxing

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Tue 09 Aug 2011, 3:24 pm

I think it qualifies for a new thread...

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 09 Aug 2011, 3:32 pm

TheGreyGhost wrote:I think it qualifies for a new thread...

They'll only go and merge it with the 95 other ones on the same topic

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3