The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outlaw

+4
gibbo104
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Clunge4life
boomdangle
8 posters

Go down

The Outlaw Empty The Outlaw

Post by boomdangle Thu 11 Aug 2011, 9:43 am

With Dan Hardy fighting this weekend hwo does everyone think he will get on, i really want him to win and get back on track. The fact he is headlining although not a major event makes me think that Dana has plans for him but 4 losses on the trot will be hard to justify keepign him on.

he showed against gsp just how slippery he can be and to put on a showing like that against pretty much a terminator like gsp proves he has it in him.

So how do we see it going, would like a knockout win with him jumping on the edge of the cage to celebrate, get some confidence back and more importantly his career.

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

The Outlaw Empty Re: The Outlaw

Post by Clunge4life Thu 11 Aug 2011, 10:46 am

Lytle has a reputation for standing and banging but i think his strategy going into this fight will be to take Hardy down and possibly try and submit him but as you said if GSP cant submit him i cant see Lytle doing it

Lytle by decision for me.

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 11 Aug 2011, 1:07 pm

I think its Bognor or Bust for Hardy. I cant see him losing this one, its been setup for him to win. Defo needs to be more rounded but I can only see a Hardy win, Ud or KO

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by gibbo104 Thu 11 Aug 2011, 2:16 pm

I'm really looking forward to this fight and this card. Lytle vs. Hardy is a loser gets sent packing fight and when you get two guys in a cage and they know the loser is getting fired... Well that just adds to the excitement of this fight. Add into the mix that Lytle likes to stand and bang just like Hardy and this has got FOTN written all over it.

Like most here I am hoping for a Hardy win by KO / TKO and I feel he certainly has the ability to do it. Let’s not forget Lytle although very talented is still just a part time fighter (he works as a fireman for his day job) so I am going to give the edge and my prediction of a Hardy win

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 15 Aug 2011, 10:31 am

Could that have been his last fight in the UFC?

Havent seen it yet, going to watch it when I get in, was he unlucky and won the first two rounds?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 15 Aug 2011, 12:25 pm

Hardy was submitted in the 3rd round and Lytle won the first 2 so wasn't a great night for Hardy.

He's lost 4 in a row and the UFC have already said his UFC career is safe for now.......purely because he's English, same with Bisping, he could lose his next 3-4 fights and be safe as there is a limited number of UK fighters, however under the same circumstances, an American would be cut as they are one of many.

Lytle was already retiring after this fight so a good end for him, especially picking up both fight and knockout of the night and earning an extra $130k!

Also, Lytle who had well over 50 fights has never been knocked out or submitted! He's has had 2 fights stopped due to cuts but every other loss of his via decision, pretty incredible!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by boomdangle Mon 15 Aug 2011, 1:05 pm

I just dont see where hardy goes from here. 4 losses now, he needs some paul mckenna style hynotherapy or something as his head must be all over the place

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 15 Aug 2011, 1:10 pm

Maybe he wasnt that good to begin with?! Surely he must be cut soon.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Mon 15 Aug 2011, 4:24 pm

A statement has been released by the UFC saying that Hardy will NOT be released after his loss lastnight.

How can they justify not cutting him, better fighters have been cut for less its all money to Dana and Co with Hardy being British and them wanting to keep him as a posterboy along side Bisbing

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 15 Aug 2011, 4:57 pm

Dicey Reilly wrote:A statement has been released by the UFC saying that Hardy will NOT be released after his loss lastnight.

How can they justify not cutting him, better fighters have been cut for less its all money to Dana and Co with Hardy being British and them wanting to keep him as a posterboy along side Bisbing

Cos, White and Co just care about money. He's been the saving grace for the sport (well with his friends money) and should forever be honoured and remembered for that but his ego is ridiculous and some fighters have 2 unlucky results and get dropped and Hardy has 4 clear cut losses in a row and retained!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 15 Aug 2011, 8:55 pm

Hardy is definitely done at the top level, i thought he gave St Pierre a decent go and was the more aggresive, dunno what's happened since then, probably hasn't developed his ground game? OK
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 15 Aug 2011, 11:15 pm

Valero's Conscience wrote:Hardy was submitted in the 3rd round and Lytle won the first 2 so wasn't a great night for Hardy.

He's lost 4 in a row and the UFC have already said his UFC career is safe for now.......purely because he's English, same with Bisping, he could lose his next 3-4 fights and be safe as there is a limited number of UK fighters, however under the same circumstances, an American would be cut as they are one of many.

Lytle was already retiring after this fight so a good end for him, especially picking up both fight and knockout of the night and earning an extra $130k!

Also, Lytle who had well over 50 fights has never been knocked out or submitted! He's has had 2 fights stopped due to cuts but every other loss of his via decision, pretty incredible!

Yeah good for him, he's tough and deserves every penny, hope he keeps well in retirement. The reason Hardy will not be cut from the roster is due to the British Market for the sport, as soon as a new British poster boy comes along he'll be gone.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 16 Aug 2011, 12:03 pm

Watched the fight last night and I had it one round all. Not sure what Hardy was thinkin goin for the take down! For someone who has got a black belt in Takwondo, he doesnt kick very often!

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Aug 2011, 8:46 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:Hardy is definitely done at the top level, i thought he gave St Pierre a decent go and was the more aggresive, dunno what's happened since then, probably hasn't developed his ground game? OK

by Soldier_Of_Fortune on Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:03 pm
Watched the fight last night and I had it one round all. Not sure what Hardy was thinkin goin for the take down! For someone who has got a black belt in Takwondo, he doesnt kick very often!

Now I will admit I had only previously seen Hardy in action against GSP & was under the impression he was a kick boxer & hence why GSP was keen to take it to ground. As soldier O F mentioned why doesn't he kick more? Don't think his ground game is the problem, I think he should of fought to his strengths, kicking as well as punching. Agree soldier what was the idea of the takedown? I since checked out his background (wiki) & it had him as training in boxing, Taekwondo, Muay Thai & BJJ amongst others but to be honest the boxing aside I didn't see much evidence of this. Dont mean to diss Hardy but this just sounds like MMA training where they take the so called best bits of each discepline rather than actually training properly in each one, his TKD aside. I've lost count of the amount of MMA fighters that say they have trained in Muay Thai, kick boxing yet have never faught in K1!

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 18 Aug 2011, 11:09 am

Machida is a great example of someone who fights to his strengths (Karate) and uses it to his advantage, also Pat Barry with his legs kicks. If you good at a particular discipline, you should use it to your advantage.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 18 Aug 2011, 11:15 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Machida is a great example of someone who fights to his strengths (Karate) and uses it to his advantage, also Pat Barry with his legs kicks. If you good at a particular discipline, you should use it to your advantage.

Very true, the amount of times, out of pride a fighter will fight the other guys style to prove he is equal or can do the same etc is baffling, especially in the UFC where 2 losses on the spin could get you thrown out. Fight to win the easiest way you can!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Aug 2011, 8:12 pm

Valero's Conscience wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Machida is a great example of someone who fights to his strengths (Karate) and uses it to his advantage, also Pat Barry with his legs kicks. If you good at a particular discipline, you should use it to your advantage.

Very true, the amount of times, out of pride a fighter will fight the other guys style to prove he is equal or can do the same etc is baffling, especially in the UFC where 2 losses on the spin could get you thrown out. Fight to win the easiest way you can!

Thats it isn't it, its MMA where style takes on style not try & beat your opponent at his own game, generally your going to come up short. GSP at times has got away with it but didn't try that with Hardy, likewise Koscheck for all his giving it large is happy to fight to his strengths, didn't stand toe to toe with Daly for the whole fight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down