The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rangers News

+54
ncfc_Tooze
cherriesfna
barragan
McLaren
Soldier_Of_Fortune
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
JamesLincs
drsambo1928
Shifty
Geordie
Prettybhoyfloyd
Dave.
davidl1061
Gregers
Luke
sportform
GSC
CaledonianCraig
superflyweight
Kenny
DJ Legless
Adam D
Gordy
The Special Juan
RDuncan8
Hero
lorus59
cabbagesandbrussels
Enforcer
BigPhil
Ayrshirebhoy
Lee
Il Gialloblu
Dass
6oldenbhoy
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Doon the Water
RinoGattuso
marcellus wallace
Dr Gregory House MD
Mat
liegerwoods
Nay
JAS
Josiah Maiestas
Kay Fabe
super_realist
Celtic Warrior
User Name
monty junior
tarka
Crimey
TipToes88
The Galveston Giant
58 posters

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

Rangers News - Page 3 Empty Rangers News

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 14 Aug 2011, 4:36 am

First topic message reminder :

Updates on Rangers Transfer news.

Last edited by The Galveston Giant on Fri 24 Feb 2012, 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Rangers News - Page 3 Empty Re: Rangers News

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 31 Aug 2011, 12:03 pm

Villa could make Davis bid

Aston Villa could make a bid for Rangers stand in captain Steven Davis on transfer deadline today. Ex Rangers boss Alex McLeish wants to bolster his midfield and ex Aston Villa midfielder Steven Davis is top of his shopping list.

It could be a disasterous day for Rangers today on transfer day with striker Nikica Jelavic also tipped for a move away. Losing these two would be a major blow and we might as well just hand the SPL title to Celtic. I'm not sure what the transfer fee would be but I would estimate around £7 million.

Selling Jelavic and Davis for £15 million between them would recoup the lost Champions League revenue but at what cost? Losing the title probably. There are no reports of any replacements as yet. Here is hoping that the transfer window closes without these two being sold.

http://www.rangers.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=525011
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 31 Aug 2011, 3:08 pm

I'd rate Davis in and around the £7m mark but I'm not sure Villa have that much cash to spend given they have a few modest bids on the table

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 31 Aug 2011, 3:11 pm

On a brighter note, Leicester City are back in for Jermaine Beckford so that probably ends their interest in Jelavic

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 31 Aug 2011, 3:12 pm

I'm not expecting Davis to leave at the moment Gaffer, a lot of the Villa fans on a forum didn't want him back and thought it would be a desperate move on their part, not sue i agree with them.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 31 Aug 2011, 3:13 pm

the-gaffer wrote:On a brighter note, Leicester City are back in for Jermaine Beckford so that probably ends their interest in Jelavic

That is good news, hopefully it's not stirred up enterest elsewhere.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 31 Aug 2011, 3:20 pm

I personally can't see Davis leaving either, maybe next summer but I get the impression he is one guy who is content to stay at Rangers, I think any hostility Villa fans have toward Davis will stem from the fact he was their and didn't really make it, he's a better player now though

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 31 Aug 2011, 5:14 pm

I agree gaffer, i don't think they will have seen enough SPL to appreciate the improvement he's made.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 31 Aug 2011, 5:41 pm

Everton have accepted a £4m bid from Leicester for Beckford

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 31 Aug 2011, 5:55 pm

Good stuff, never really kicked off for Beckford at Everton, that's surely them done with strikers for now.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 31 Aug 2011, 5:58 pm

Valiants land Gers youngster

Rangers utility man joins Port Vale on loan

Port Vale have completed the loan signing of Rangers youngster Andrew Little on loan until January.

The 22-year-old is looking to kick-start his career in England after returning to full fitness following a succession of injuries.

The Northern Ireland international has seen his match time depleted in recent seasons due to a number of spells on the sidelines.

Little brings versatility to Port Vale as he has operated as a striker, full-back and midfielder during his time at Ibrox.

Last season he made two appearances for Rangers, both matches coming in the League Cup against Dunfermline and Kilmarnock.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11788_7140626,00.html
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 31 Aug 2011, 7:29 pm

Rangers have bid for Siphiwe Tshabalala rejected by Kaizer Chiefs

The player's business manager described the Ibrox club's offer as 'an insult'. laughing

Rangers have had a bid for South African international Siphiwe Tshabalala rejected by Kaizer Chiefs, according to the African media.

The Scottish champions are believed to have made a £100,000 bid for the attacker, a fee described as an insult by the player’s agent.

Speaking to KickOff.com, Tshabalala's business manager Jazzman Mahlakgane received a message from Rangers late on Wednesday afternoon that the deal was off.

"I got an SMS now saying the Rangers deal is off," revealed Mahlakgane.

"I spoke to Bobby (Motaung) yesterday about it as they (Rangers) were texting me about it and they were saying can they have the player on loan and all sorts of things. They were offering £100,000... it is an insult."

A source close to the deal also claimed that the wages on offer would have proved a stumbling block in any deal adding: “Not only was the offer to Kaizer Chiefs far too low, but the player was going to earn peanuts".

The player scored the opening goal of the 2010 World Cup for the hosts against Mexico in the match which finished 1-1.

The 26-year-old has 99 caps for his country and was subject to a bid from Saudi Arabia outfit Al-Ittihad earlier this summer.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/268449-rangers-have-bid-for-siphiwe-tshabalala-rejected-by-kaizer-chiefs/
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 31 Aug 2011, 8:25 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I'd rate Davis in and around the £7m mark but I'm not sure Villa have that much cash to spend given they have a few modest bids on the table

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh
I know you are a Rangers fan but that is a bit myopic.
3 million as an absolute maximum for Davis. You simply couldn't ask for more these days when the player has only proven himself in the SPL.
Jelavic is a different matter I think, far too good for Rangers and the SPL so will move on soon.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 31 Aug 2011, 8:44 pm

I'm a Celtic season ticket holder so that craps all over your BS point!

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 31 Aug 2011, 8:48 pm

My apologies, but £7m for any player in the SPL is wildly optimistic. I can't think of a player in the entire league who'd be worth that.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 31 Aug 2011, 8:57 pm

Blackburn have released Diouf, he's been causing havoc down there and turned up to training first day back with a Rangers strip on and his league medal on. laughing

Could Rangers sign him? i wasn't overly impressed with him last season.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 31 Aug 2011, 9:02 pm

well whether you think it or not Jelavic will command more than that and Celtic alledgedly knocked back an £8m from a Russian club for Ki Sung Yeung and I highly doubt Celtic would sell Izaguirre, Kayal or Hooper for anything less but thats a point for a different thread as this is the Gers transfer thread

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 31 Aug 2011, 9:06 pm

User Name wrote:European outcome wont be the same next year, as the winner of the SPL goes straight into the CL group stage.

Just been having a little dig around, and while Wikipedia cannot be relied upon as providing 100% reliable information, what they have provided at the following link, looks pretty thorough and likely given recent performances.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012%E2%80%9313_UEFA_Champions_League

According to this, the Scottish Champions from 2011/2012 enter the 2012/13 CL at the THIRD qualifying round as they did this year, meaning that if they get through that then they'll also have to face a play-off round, seems to fit into McMoist's quote that he can't see a Scottish team in the CL for a few years to come and it is almost generosity from UEFA that there are "only" two rounds to negotiate.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 31 Aug 2011, 9:08 pm

Izaguirre is going to net Celtic a tidy profit.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 31 Aug 2011, 9:16 pm

Sky reporting that the Jelavic deal might not be dead but Leicester have all but sealed the £4m deal for Beckford, my guess is Leicester just did that to bully Beckford into signing, Jim Whites having kittens tonight

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 31 Aug 2011, 9:18 pm

the-gaffer wrote:well whether you think it or not Jelavic will command more than that and Celtic alledgedly knocked back an £8m from a Russian club for Ki Sung Yeung and I highly doubt Celtic would sell Izaguirre, Kayal or Hooper for anything less but thats a point for a different thread as this is the Gers transfer thread

Will any of those players command that high a fee though? I'm not just having a go here because I dislike the Old Firm, but it looks as if there will be no European income for years to come and TV revenue is hardly going to increase. Both teams might well be forced to take heavily reduced offers once budgetry constraints take hold, and potential suitors will know that.
Both sides of the OF are going to be facing some very lean times in the near future, I doubt they'll be able to turn any reasonable offer down come next year.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Wed 31 Aug 2011, 9:26 pm

Are you aware that rangers cleared the debt, it was the major part of Whyte takeover

I would hope that we are now sensible enough not to budget for european funds until they are confirmed as an income, (the new financial regulations should ensure this) meaning that as long as we are sensible we can command whatever fee we want and do not need to sell

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 31 Aug 2011, 9:30 pm

That may well be true (if they haven't merely restructured the debt, shifted it or found some other way to deal with it, I don't think Shooter McGavin won that much at the Portland Open to wipe it clear instantly regardless of what has been reported;) ), but I doubt they are living within their means just yet, hence why a few players are likely to be moved on.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 31 Aug 2011, 9:38 pm

Looks like Leicester are still going to put another bid in for Jelavic despite capturing Jermaine Becford a couple of hours ago, hope not.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 31 Aug 2011, 9:39 pm

Leicester are minted Galveston and favourites to go up so I wouldn't be surprised.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 31 Aug 2011, 9:53 pm

I can't see it, due to the price of Jelavic you'd think if they really wanted him he'd be their first priority, I just can't see it now

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 31 Aug 2011, 9:59 pm

True Gaffer, hopefully they don't slap up the 9 million or whatever price it was they put on his head, you think it would have been made a priority over Beckford.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 31 Aug 2011, 10:22 pm

Totally agree, if he's going for that kind of cash he'd definitely be the days priority given he's in Croatia, or at least you'd think

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 31 Aug 2011, 10:30 pm

Jim Whites having a meltdown, Rangers have allegedly knocked back £9m for Jelavic from 'a top club'

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 31 Aug 2011, 10:31 pm

Sky sports news just reported Rangers have turned down 9 million from a unnamed club for Jelavic, crazy, he'll definately be staying if they turned that down.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 31 Aug 2011, 10:32 pm

Crazy Gaffer, bit disappointed they haven't added anyone else, surely too late now.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 31 Aug 2011, 10:42 pm

That's them saying Rangers are not doing any business, disappointing.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 01 Sep 2011, 12:32 am

Kyle Hutton and John Fleck join Sheffield Utd

Rangers have farmed out 20-year-old midfielders Kyle Hutton and John Fleck to Sheffield United on loan.

Hutton broke into the first-team last August and has since made 14 appearances, but he has not featured yet this season for the Glasgow side.

Fleck made his debut as a 16-year-old in January 2008.

And he became the youngest-ever player to feature in a senior British cup final when appearing as a substitute in Rangers' 2008 Scottish Cup final win.

However, although that outing against Queen of the South was one of 55 appearances, like Scotland Under-21 international Hutton, most of those have been as a subsitute.

The nephew of former Rangers, Norwich City and Scotland striker John has made only one appearance this season.

Fleck signed a new three-year contract at Ibrox in 2010, while Hutton is tied to the Scottish champions until 2014.

Now the pair head for League One in search of regular first-team football, following Andrew Little to England after the striker joined League Two outfit Port Vale earlier in the day.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14741993.stm
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 01 Sep 2011, 12:41 am

James Beattie been released, good move.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 01 Sep 2011, 2:47 pm

I think it would have been better for both Hutton and Fleck to be loaned to an SPL club, I heard Dundee Utd where interested in Fleck but Rangers weren't interested in doing business with them, I'd have like to see both go to Hibs or Aberdeen or Motherwell, Fleck's stalled big time, the lad needs a kick up the jacksie

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 02 Sep 2011, 5:47 pm

It certainly has Gaffer, he was once the most promising out of all the youngsters, but several have passed by him now. Not sure what Rangers have planned for him in the long term.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 31 Dec 2011, 1:40 pm

Sheffield United back in for Rangers midfielder John Fleck

Rangers' John Fleck is poised to join Sheffield United on loan after the Blades re-ignited their interest.

United failed in a late summer bid for Fleck and fellow midfielder Kyle Hutton, who instead headed for Partick Thistle on a short-term deal.

The 20-year-old Fleck has struggled to feature in Ally McCoist's plans.

And the Rangers manager said: "I have had a chat with Flecky and we both feel that it's really important that he gets games and starts to play regularly."

According to the Scottish champions' website, Fleck is likely to head to England for the second half of the season and the side sitting second in League One are in pole position for his services.
Continue reading the main story

Hutton, who had broken into the first-team at the latter end of previous manager Walter Smith's reign at Ibrox, has played 12 times for a Thistle side now in the top half of Scotland's Division One under Jackie McNamara.

"Kyle Hutton was at Partick Thistle and I think it was a great move for Jackie McNamara and Kyle," said McCoist.

"It worked well, so that's something we might look at again for one or two of the younger boys.

"If there is an opportunity for John to go out and play and it suits us and it suits John, then that will be the case."

Fleck has made only three appearances for Rangers this season and has not featured since November despite a recent slump in form that has resulted in them being overhauled by Celtic at the top of the Scottish Premier League.

Meanwhile, Irishman Michael Doyle has recently cemented his place in the heart of United midfield alongside Kevin McDonald, whose fellow Scotsman, Nick Montgomery, has been relegated to the bench.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16373693.stm
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by liegerwoods Sat 31 Dec 2011, 10:05 pm

good luck to john fleck

he needs to play games and clearly that isnt going to happen under mccoist. i refuse to believe that fleck could be any worse than mcculloch or edo or ortiz or healy.

liegerwoods

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 01 Jan 2012, 5:44 pm

I've never understood why either of the Old Firm send players on loan to lower than Championship level, I think both clubs would be far better off sending there players on loan to SPL clubs, they'd also inadvertedly help themselves because that player wouldn't be able to play against them but would be able to hurt their main rivals

The only thing I can think of is that these clubs can offer to contribute more to wages than an SPL club can

Fleck needs games though, I'd agree that he couldn't have done any worse than Ortiz

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Sun 01 Jan 2012, 5:49 pm

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7404668/

Rangers boss Ally McCoist has confirmed his interest in West Brom midfielder Graham Dorrans.

Dorrans' future at the Hawthorns has been the subject of conjecture with the Scotland international struggling to nail down a regular place in Roy Hodgson's starting XI.

The former Livingston man has been linked with a move to Ibrox as a possible makeweight in a deal for Gers striker Nikica Jelavic after Hodgson cast an eye over the Croatia international during the midweek Old Firm clash with Celtic.

McCoist, who does not want to lose Jelavic, is determined to bolster his squad in this month's transfer window and he admits Dorrans is on his list of targets.

"He [Dorrans] is a player I like," McCoist told the Sunday Mail. "There has been no contact between the clubs but I like him."

Asked if any deal would be permanent or whether a loan would be possible, McCoist replied: "No idea."

I really don't want Dorrans to go, but at the end of the day he hasn't fulfilled his potential here for a variety of reasons(Most of them personal reasons). I think it would be a good move for him and Rangers, though I don't think we'd loan him out. We are interested in Jelavic so possibly a makeweight in a deal for him.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 01 Jan 2012, 5:52 pm

Did West Brom not sign Dorrans up on a new deal aafter his great season in the Championship? What kind of wages is he on because I'm unsure that Rangers will be looking to pay excess of £15,000 a week

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Sun 01 Jan 2012, 5:57 pm

Yeah he had a couple of new deals, but I can't see him being on more than £20,000 a week, which may still be too much, considering we've only started paying players more than £25,000 a week at the start of last season.

Mat
6CW Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun 01 Jan 2012, 10:39 pm

Dorrans is far too good for the SPL. Why would he take a backward step from West Brom to join a team on its financial backside? The Old Firm are going backwards every year, you'd have to be an idiot, has been or someone content to play in a terrible league to sign for either Even a move to a Championship side would be better.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Mon 02 Jan 2012, 2:07 pm

change the record Rolling Eyes

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Mon 02 Jan 2012, 4:35 pm

Dorrans has had massive personal problems at the club, and wants out. Not a lot we can do, and if Rangers are the only interested team then that's the end of the matter.

Mat
6CW Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 02 Jan 2012, 8:02 pm

monty junior wrote:change the record Rolling Eyes

All true though, add it all up and there's not a lot of reason to join the Old Firm is there?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 03 Jan 2012, 12:36 am

super_realist wrote:

All true though, add it all up and there's not a lot of reason to join the Old Firm is there?

Stupid as it may sound I think moving to a lesser state of competition could benefit Dorrans in the long run, the guy is a flair player and his game is not based so much on physicality. A team like Rangers where he will get time on the ball with an industrious defense to back him up could really see him floursih, I also feel from what I've seen of scottish football (as someone who sails most weekends in the summer and works them in the winter to say I don't get to many games is an understatment) we do try to play a bit more ofa passing game down here which could also benefit him.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by liegerwoods Tue 03 Jan 2012, 6:56 pm

clearly you dont get to see many games if you think rangers play a passing game. I gave up my ticket at ibrox after 21 yrs because the football was shocking. mccoist is a smith clone and if the bears are happy to watch that shoite week in week out then fine.

dorrans would be a mug to go to rangers however i know for a fact he wants to go. if the wages can be agreed he will be a rangers player

liegerwoods

Back to top Go down

Post by marcellus wallace Tue 03 Jan 2012, 7:03 pm

rangers need all the money they can get this month. so i dont think jelavic will be will be leaving in a cash+player deal.if anything rangers would need to pay for dorrans and give them jelavic

marcellus wallace

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Sun 08 Jan 2012, 3:15 pm

super_realist wrote:

It's better than warming the bench at a side's who best hope is to finish mid table.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Sun 08 Jan 2012, 3:16 pm

marcellus wallace wrote:rangers need all the money they can get this month. so i dont think jelavic will be will be leaving in a cash+player deal.if anything rangers would need to pay for dorrans and give them jelavic

I seriously doubt it, Dorrans is worth 3-4 million whilst Jelavic is worth around 10.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next