The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henry Cecil champion trainer?

4 posters

Go down

Henry Cecil champion trainer? Empty Henry Cecil champion trainer?

Post by Danny Thu 18 Aug 2011, 10:13 am

Hello,

First time poster on these boards.

I saw this morning Sir Henry Cecil quoted at evens to be champion trainer this year. Considering he actually runs a lot fewer horses than his rivals I was wondering if you guys really think he could be champion again for the first time since the early 90's. As a huge Cecil follower I would love to see him do it, but I feel his reliance on so few horses to win the prize money required could just prevent it happening. What do others think?

And as I cannot access certain sites at work, could someone post a current table if possible?

Thanks

Danny

Back to top Go down

Henry Cecil champion trainer? Empty Re: Henry Cecil champion trainer?

Post by Solerina Thu 18 Aug 2011, 2:41 pm

Hi Danny,

Welcome to 606v2 and an extra special welcome to our racing pages : )

I'll go and try and find a trainer table......back soon,

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Thu 18 Aug 2011, 3:07 pm

Here you go Danny......hope this helps : )

Total prize money
Richard Hannon £2.095,171
Sir Henry Cecil £1,868,570
A P O'Brien £1,761,083
John Gosden £1,667,641
Sir Michael Stoute £1,277,979

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Thu 18 Aug 2011, 4:18 pm

Thanks Solerina.

To be fair, my earlier comment regarding Cecil having fewer runners only really applies with Richard Hannon. I suppose that is the question. Is Sir Henry going to collect enough big prizes or will Hannon's relentless win factory churn out enough smaller prizes to keep ahead. An interesting battle to look forward to I hope. Do you consider O'Brien to still be a contender?

Danny

Back to top Go down

Post by Cockney Stag Thu 18 Aug 2011, 4:23 pm

Hi All,

New contributor myself but felt it only right to roll my sleeves up and get involved rather than read everyone else's efforts.

With Frankel in the QE II and possibly Twice Over in the Champion Stakes I think in answer to your question Danny, YES HE CAN.

As an avid follower of Sir Henry's from the Steve Cauthen days, i think what he has achieved in overcoming personal and professional adversity is nothing short of miraculous and hopefully all racing fans will agree, long may it continue. I think Aiden O' Briens reaction to yesterdays result probably said it all.

Cockney Stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Thu 18 Aug 2011, 4:38 pm

Hi Cockney Stag, welcome to us both Very Happy

It was Cecil and Cauthen got me into horse racing (and gambling) as my first bet was 50p on a 7/1 shot from that combination when I was just a young boy. One of those things that sticks with you I suppose. You are right about his battles and how he has come back is just incredible really. Light Shift winning the Oaks I think has to be up there as an all time favourite moment of mine.

Back to my original question. As you have said, with Frankel, and possibly Twice Over there may still be some major prizes left that Cecil can realistically win. And I love your optimsim!! I just think Hannon's 2yo team might just grab enough at the back end to keep Hannon in front. I have to be honest and say I never realised there was a chance of him being champion until I read this mornings paper.

Danny

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Thu 18 Aug 2011, 5:12 pm

Danny wrote:
I suppose that is the question. Is Sir Henry going to collect enough big prizes or will Hannon's relentless win factory churn out enough smaller prizes to keep ahead. An interesting battle to look forward to I hope. Do you consider O'Brien to still be a contender?

Difficult to say, Danny. I'd love to see Sir Henry win the trainers title : )

I don't follow the flat, so can't really comment on whether Aiden O'Brien could be a contender.

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Thu 18 Aug 2011, 5:19 pm

Cockney Stag wrote:Hi All,
New contributor myself but felt it only right to roll my sleeves up and get involved rather than read everyone else's efforts.

Hi Cockney Stag......welcome to the forum : )

Yes, please do get involved, the other members will love having more folks to join in the chat!

Two new members in one day! I may have to go and have a lie down for a while lol.

I hope you're both going to join in the forum tipping comps......the more the merrier : )

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Thu 18 Aug 2011, 7:52 pm

Cecil would need to win two or three real big pots because Hannon can throw everything and the kitchen sink at the big two year old events towards the end of the season,safe in the knowledge that Sir Henry probably wont have any contenders.Its ended up a bit like the Cecil/Bin Suroor battle from a good few years back when it was neck and neck right up to the finish.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down