The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales V Argentina Score Predictions

+18
welshjohn369
Great White
mckay1402
Effervescing Elephant
Smirnoffpriest
bedfordwelsh
samuraidragon
offload
RubyGuby
MBTGOG
mr-bryns-attitude
majesticimperialman
Taffineastbourne
maestegmafia
welshy824
Knackeredknees
Shifty
Pot Noodle Miner
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wales V Argentina Score Predictions Empty Wales V Argentina Score Predictions

Post by Pot Noodle Miner Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 14:42

Whats everyones score predictions for the Wales V Arg game on sat?

I think it'll be a fairly close contest but i think Wales will just have the edge especially with home advantage

ill go with a 29 - 18 win for Wales!
Pot Noodle Miner
Pot Noodle Miner

Back to top Go down

Wales V Argentina Score Predictions Empty Re: Wales V Argentina Score Predictions

Post by Shifty Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 18:19

31-16 to Wales. Smile
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Wales V Argentina Score Predictions Empty Re: Wales V Argentina Score Predictions

Post by Knackeredknees Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 18:23

to be honest if Wales dont put 20 past them, they should feel dissapointed,

They have the better defence and better strike runners than the Argies

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 18:24

rekon game will stay fairly close but wales leading by a try but wales better fitness will mean they pull ahead after 50 minutes and wales win comfortably.

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 18:48

Wales should be looking to make a decent statement in this match. Especially at the set piece.

Wales have the better team and should look to put twenty points plus on them.

But it is all to easy to underestimate the unexpected. Argentina haven't played any rugby this year, so we don't know what to expect.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 19:38

Wales by 14 points.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 21:02

Wales Should, win but if they go behind after the first 20 minutes, then i see Argentina winning by 20-25 points.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-bryns-attitude Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 21:10

actually maj, when wales win it's nearly always fighting back from behind?

mr-bryns-attitude

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 21:19

Wales to win by 11.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 22:14

Wales 29 Argentina 12 thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 7:33

Wales - with a 12 to 15 point margin. Anything less will be a poor result.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by samuraidragon Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 9:25

Agree with Offload. After the two England games, the glass is half-full, half-empty. A good win - over 15 point margin - would raise the water level and take us into the World Cup with the lousy, try-less form of the past two years decisevely behind us. A close game or worse would indicate our weakneses still outweigh the growing contribution of the promising new players.

Argentina are always no less than solid, but we are at home, well-conditioned and have good quality across the park. Even with RJ out, we are maybe 4 players away from a first choice team for the WC.

Cmon, Wales!

samuraidragon

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 9:43

Wales by 20
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 9:45

I expect a Wales win, with (IF things go as expected) us leading by a score and then pulling away when our fitness shows through at around the 50/60min stage.

But I've been thinking, if we beat Argentina, especially if we beat them comfortably, as has been said about we'll be riding high and very confident going into the WC, but I don't want to be negative as we are playing well. But (there's always a but) we've beaten a poor England side (who tried their hardest to avoid the tryline) and (if we beat them) beaten an Argentina side who will more than likely be rusty from not having played a proper game for 9 months. Then our next game is a team who've just come out of 4 games of the highest intensity against NZ and OZ.

It will be a huge level up from our previous games.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 9:52

Can't really see anything other than a Wales win here. Should do it with a fairly decent margin as well, 15-20 points?
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by samuraidragon Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 10:29

SP, sure the Boks are a step-up from anything we are facing now. That's why anything other than a good win would be disappointing.

BTW, are England poor or did we make them look poor?

Personally I think England are better now than they've been for many years, and it was quite an achievement for us to come away from the two games with a win on aggregate points. But I don't know for certain. Maybe they've gone backwards. Let's see how they do vs. Ireland.

samuraidragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 10:46

Samaurai - I'm not saying England are a poor team - but the way they played over the 2 games - in the 1st they, and us, were very rusty and they made a lot of handling errors that let the pressure off us, you can say we caused/contributed to many of them but not all of them. and in the 2nd they were dire behind the scrum, with less threat than a stonded eunuch.

I think everyone knows SA will be a step up - I just get worried that if we win these games well the band wagon will role full steam and we'll be talking about semi finals and winning our group, until we come crashing to a halt with the SA game

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 10:54

I think we should be winning our group. SA are not the force they were and there is nothing to fear, except fear itself of course
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 10:56

and the fact we have never beaten them outside of Wales, and on paper they're still better than us

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 11:11

McKay - I admire your optimism, but let's remember a few points. We hardly played any decent rugby in this years 6N's, we lost our last away match and we failed to get hold of the ball for 50 mins last week. Any side playing well would have been out of sight by the time we woke up.

SA will be very hard to beat and will probably give us a good stuffing.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 11:29

I get the feeling the game will be like the one in this years or last years AI's where we had chances, created opportunities and scored tries but then SA will come back into it and blow us away and where it was close they just cruise away at the end.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 11:38

Smirnoffpriest wrote:Samaurai - I'm not saying England are a poor team

But thats exactly what you said?

England have shown a general trend towards improvement but still manage to drop the odd clanger as they did last week, lest we not forget, they are the current 6N champions - stopped from gaining a GS only by dropping a clanger against Ireland... furious

FWIW, Wales should win this match. It remains to be seen if they achieve it comfortably or not. Argentina do have the ability to shock and have done so in the past - I doubt Gatland is complacent.

Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 11:45

If you read my entire post instead of one line what I said was that "I'm not saying England are a poor side just that they played poorly against Wales in 2 games" a lot poorer than they played in most of the 6N which they won.

Every team can have a bad game (NZ and Oz do) but that doesn't mean they are a bad side.

[quote="Great White
England have shown a general trend towards improvement but still manage to drop the odd clanger as they did last week, lest we not forget, they are the current 6N champions - stopped from gaining a GS only by dropping a clanger against Ireland... : [/quote]

What you said above is exactly my point and I didn't want any England fans to think I was saying England are S*** and we're so much better than you. I'm not they are a good side, I'm saying England played poorly against Wales, I think everyone will agree.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 12:27

They also played poorly against Ireland, SA and Scotland - Drop the odd clanger indeed - that's one hell of a rose tinted view. They were not in the game for 80 mins against Ireland and SA and struggled against a poor Scotland. The odd clanger is a strange remark.

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by welshjohn369 Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 13:00

Last game for Wales before the Cup, they need to hit the ground running and destroy Argentina.

Fingers crossed it will be a try fest for Wales.

ANy idea how many tickets have been sold?
welshjohn369
welshjohn369

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 13:14

welshjohn369 wrote:Last game for Wales before the Cup, they need to hit the ground running and destroy Argentina.

Fingers crossed it will be a try fest for Wales.

ANy idea how many tickets have been sold?
Almost sold out, my nephew and a few of his mates are trying to go, and the only tickets left were in the top tier around the corners.

Great response by the public, last week was very close to a complete sell out...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by welshjohn369 Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 13:24

Good stuff will psych up the boys and a great send off for them.

Got my Welsh WC shirt today the 'away' one.

Everything ready for the long drive from Northland to the Capital City on the 11th of September, then Hamilton, New Plymouth and Hamilton. Putting the miles in driving as I hate flying !!

Stroll on 1-20 Sunday morning.
welshjohn369
welshjohn369

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 13:34

I'm not sure if it will be sold out as even the Fiji and Australia games last year if you rang up on the day they'd tell you only tickets available are in the corners of the upper tier. I think it's coz most of the good tickets are distributed to clubs, ex-committee men and corporate, and also a good porportion are priced much higher (£70 for this game), then they can't sell them off with the cheap seats nearer the game.

Still I just bought my ticket (in the corner upper tier grr), but bargain £44 for 4 tickets and ticketline said there were plenty available but only for the upper tier behind 1 goal or in the corners.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by SubsBench Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 13:36

Mmm, I may just be pessimistic, but not sure of a win, let alone a convincing win. In our backs we have 2 players who have been out injured for a while in Byrne and 1/2p, and when Byrne was fit he was hardly setting the rugby world alight with his form!

The Pumas will be strong upfront, they always are. We struggled in the scrum against England and while Hibbard adds bulk and Adam is an unmoveable object, they've been out for a long time too. Neither are known for keeping to a strict fitness regime so while they are fit at present are they match fit. I dont expect either to last 80 minutes and once they go off our pack, especially in the scrum is much weakened.

Then in the backrow we have Martyn Williams who I believe deserves the chance to stake his claim to go to the WC but isnt the most physical of opensides and then Andy Powell at 8. AP is not going to add much to the scrum and in the loose, who knows. He might have one of those games where he is rampaging but its more likely that he'll be doing his headless chicken routine.

If things are going pear shaped then Stephen Jones can come off the bench to add stability and Williams for a quicker service but other than that the bench doesnt really inspire me with confidence.

I hope we win and think that we should just about do it, but I'm not going to risk my money on it. Let's just hope that its just me being pessimistic and that your faith is based on your greater knowledge and understanding of the game and not the old Welsh pure optimism that sometimes disappears about 5 minutes after kick off!

SubsBench

Back to top Go down

Post by screamingaddabs Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 13:38

Wales *should* win, but don't go thinking it'll be by a lot. I reckon Argentina will be better than many expect.
screamingaddabs
screamingaddabs

Back to top Go down

Post by welshjohn369 Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 13:52

It's a Welsh team with some old heads and youngsters, possibly the players which will contest the Namibia game and the bench for the other games.

I think there is a buzz aboutthe team and the fitness is certainly in evidence. I think us Welsh always have a portion of apathy lurking but after watching the 2 Wales v England a few times we should feel more confident in our lads.

Argentina have been classy over the last few years but they have less depth than Wales and I feel that they are on a downward spiral and will end up lurking in the 9th or 10th position in IRB rankings.. IRB ranking don't mean so much most of the time but 2 years out from WC's they are used for the ranking positions.
welshjohn369
welshjohn369

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 13:54

Other than Steve Jones and dare I say it Huw Bennett Wales have a very lightweight bench. Lets hope there are few injuries!

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 13:59

welshjohn369 wrote:It's a Welsh team with some old heads and youngsters, possibly the players which will contest the Namibia game and the bench for the other games.

I think there is a buzz aboutthe team and the fitness is certainly in evidence. I think us Welsh always have a portion of apathy lurking but after watching the 2 Wales v England a few times we should feel more confident in our lads.

Argentina have been classy over the last few years but they have less depth than Wales and I feel that they are on a downward spiral and will end up lurking in the 9th or 10th position in IRB rankings.. IRB ranking don't mean so much most of the time but 2 years out from WC's they are used for the ranking positions.

Considering Wales have only won four games in a year in which they played twelve matches they are lucky to be ranked 7th and so close on points to the three teams above them. But remember the top ten are very closely matched in the rankings, Italy in Eleventh are less than 10 points behind SA in 3rd.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 14:20

Are Italy really 11th? I didn't realise they were that far down.

I can see Argentina improving and blooding new players once they enter the 4N (or whatever it's called). I think Argentinas main problem is an aging back and lack of match fitness/rusty skills, and I think that will be enough to mean they won't dominate our scrum to the extent England did, especially with Hibbert and A Jones back (I know they'll be rusty, but they'll only play 60 mins), and I doubt their defence will be well organised.

Still be a very tough game though.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 17:37

the fact is we have chosen as tough opponents as possible which will give us physical matches. we cant play any teams who are as good or better than S.A as they are all playing in the 3n

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 17:53

good point mate..

I have been really happy with the opponents we chose, very glad that we gained parity with England, certainly a confident boost for the boys.

And a great day out for us fans.

Argies are always tough, but Wales should be a lot more prepared having played two games in two weeks and been in camp for nearly two months. Argentina havent played a competitive match this year

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 20:38

Wales V Argentina Score Predictions 1983512

Good to see that Wales have signed a new centre for Saturday.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Aug 2011 - 0:19

majesticimperialman wrote:Wales Should, win but if they go behind after the first 20 minutes, then i see Argentina winning by 20-25 points.

I agree with your logic Madge. Visionary OK

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sun 21 Aug 2011 - 0:31

RubyGuby wrote:Wales 29 Argentina 12 thumbsup

clap clap clap thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White Mon 22 Aug 2011 - 8:18

RubyGuby wrote:They also played poorly against Ireland, SA and Scotland - Drop the odd clanger indeed - that's one hell of a rose tinted view. They were not in the game for 80 mins against Ireland and SA and struggled against a poor Scotland. The odd clanger is a strange remark.

Yet still, 6N champions and beat Oz home and away. SA? Would that be the same SA that beat the AB at the weekend? RTFQ, I said 'trend' poindexter.

Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 22 Aug 2011 - 9:28

That's the problem with a lot of Saes fans - you are closing your eyes to half your results and just bigging up the others - You need to look at the performances of the games I've mentioned to get a realistic appraisal of where England are. There are some significant weaknesses in the side and the odd clanger could easily be reappraised as on your day your capable of pulling off the odd big result.

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White Mon 22 Aug 2011 - 9:38

Again, as I said, the 'trend' is towards improvement. Neither I nor anyone else I can see on here (with a few exceptions) have denied that England have weakness in certain areas, predominently the centre pairings. Its not about closing eyes to poor results - Christ if you want the epitomy of such fans, you need look no further than the Welsh, who wrote the rule book on rose tinted spectacles, bigging up the odd decent performance and blind optimism.

Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 22 Aug 2011 - 9:49

Good luck with your trend on Saturday thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White Mon 22 Aug 2011 - 9:52

And good luck with your World Cup. you'll need it thumbsup

Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 22 Aug 2011 - 9:58

White, here's a recent post from someone with both eyes open - thought you might like to read it thumbsup

Re: The RWC and the 6N
by beshocked Today at 9:45

.Definitely France.

Wales seem to be building nicely. I think they have found a good balance.

The English squad looks uninspiring. Actually fairly depressing to be honest..
beshocked

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White Mon 22 Aug 2011 - 10:01

RubyGuby wrote:White, here's a recent post from someone with both eyes open - thought you might like to read it thumbsup

Re: The RWC and the 6N
by beshocked Today at 9:45

.Definitely France.

Wales seem to be building nicely. I think they have found a good balance.

The English squad looks uninspiring. Actually fairly depressing to be honest..
beshocked

If you're quoting Beshocked as a rational and impartial source, I actually feel sorry for you. Like I said, good luck. You'll need it.

Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Mon 22 Aug 2011 - 10:22

Great White - I don't think any Welsh fan is looking to win the WC, and I think the level of optimism from Welsh posters is more to do with the difference (in style, player form and even results) between now and 6 months ago, we seem to be improving and many fans think we can get 2nd now instead of dreading we'd get knocked out at the group stage.

Whereas England's performances seem to have declined since a very good start to the 6N's, which I think is leading to some posters being negative towards them, I agree with Beshocked as well. For my part I think even though England are playing quite poorly at the moment they should still win their group and I wouldn't be suprised to see them get to the SF's. Wales, while playing better than they have for awhile (not saying they are playing brilliantly), I'd be very suprised if they either beat SA or get past the QF.

not sure why you're so upset with Ruby Guby as all he said is England have done more than drop the odd clanger in the last year, and proved it. He'd didnt' say they were rubbish or anything.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White Mon 22 Aug 2011 - 10:39

Beshocked crawled out from under a rock before the 2010 AP final and claims that anybody who joined the forum after him must by definition know nothing about rugby. Truly inspired.

I'm not upset with Ruby at all, but was happy to point out the rather obvious flaw in a statement where a Welsh fan was accusing an English one of having a rose tinted perspective.

I agree with you in the main, however, as to whether Wales are 'building nicely', that remains to be seen. Bottom half of the 6N (again) lost one won one against a pretty lacklustre England and a win over Argentina in their first international outing of the year wouldn't fill me with confidence I can tell you. SA will have you beaten by half time if the pattern of starts is replicated and the attacking flair of Fiji & Samoa will cause real, real problems.

England have problems of their own and I would think this WC is at least 3 years too early for them. Uninspiring? Yes, they certainly can be, but that has more to do with the aforementioned centre partnership, rather than a team wide malaise. Can see them reaching but exiting in the Semis.

I'd be more concerned as an Irish fan tbh. Despite starting brightly, they were systemmatically dismantled by France in Dublin, lost the week before to a weakened French team in France and were beaten by Scotland. not the perfect build up to any tournament.

Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 22 Aug 2011 - 10:44

I'd be more concerned as an Irish fan tbh. Despite starting brightly, they were systemmatically dismantled by France in Dublin, lost the week before to a weakened French team in France and were beaten by Scotland. not the perfect build up to any tournament.

Well I guess you've put the gauntelt down for next week with that statement - Wales were rubbish in the 6 nations and your "finished in the bottom half" also equates to lost 1 more than England which included an easy win away to Scotland and a turgid victory over Ireland - 2 sides you struggled against. We're going nowhere with this so perhaps have a chat after the Ireland match and we can plot the trend line then Yahoo

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White Mon 22 Aug 2011 - 10:53

I'll be happy to laughing boy. And i'll be happy to chat after the group stages of the WC too, to see if you're still laughing then. 🤦

Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next