The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brilliant spoof video from Djokovic!

+5
laverfan
bogbrush
noleisthebest
socal1976
HM Murdock
9 posters

Go down

Brilliant spoof video from Djokovic! Empty Brilliant spoof video from Djokovic!

Post by HM Murdock Thu 18 Aug 2011, 6:38 pm

Looks like his days of being the Djoker may not be gone after all....

http://www.whosay.com/novakdjokovic/videos/55035

it's a spoof of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBTmOMT2he4

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Brilliant spoof video from Djokovic! Empty Re: Brilliant spoof video from Djokovic!

Post by socal1976 Thu 18 Aug 2011, 6:46 pm

He is really torturing poor Maria. Very funny, he really seems to like the sharapova imitation.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Brilliant spoof video from Djokovic! Empty Re: Brilliant spoof video from Djokovic!

Post by Guest Thu 18 Aug 2011, 6:57 pm

Loooooooooool

that was hilarious

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu 18 Aug 2011, 9:07 pm

Nole is AWESOMEEEEEE Yahoo !!!!!!!!

p.s.

sorry Yummy Rolling Eyes

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu 18 Aug 2011, 9:27 pm

Best bit I thought he was doing a Dolgo imitation at first Erm

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu 18 Aug 2011, 9:34 pm

I always thought that his imnitations on the court were very funny and warm hearted, quite affectionate in their own way and funnier for it.

I thought this was cruel and vindictive. Way, way too personally insulting to be funny. Sure, if she'd been part of it and it had obviously been fun then great, but as it is this looks like it's meant to mock her.

Please go back to being light hearted and funny Nole.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu 18 Aug 2011, 9:54 pm

bogbrush wrote:I always thought that his imnitations on the court were very funny and warm hearted, quite affectionate in their own way and funnier for it.

I thought this was cruel and vindictive. Way, way too personally insulting to be funny. Sure, if she'd been part of it and it had obviously been fun then great, but as it is this looks like it's meant to mock her.

Please go back to being light hearted and funny Nole.

You're wrong, BB...Maria LOVES it....she's the only one that never minded the imitations. Now she gets all that attention (and which gal does not like plenty of attention?) and free positive publicity since she's switched racquets. Mind you, It's just dawned on me!!!

Poor , old Davy will finally get some sponsor money for playing with Prince Laugh Laugh Laugh

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu 18 Aug 2011, 10:14 pm

Does she? If she really liked it and knew about it then that's cool, but how do you know that?

It's still not in the same class as astute impersonations; I'm mean, he's put a wig on and said some stuff? When he did the hair tuck and the skipping at the backcourt, and the serve, that was funny!

I want to see him do Soderling. Then I want to see the video of them in the locker room alone. Now THAT would be funny!
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu 18 Aug 2011, 10:22 pm

bogbrush wrote:Does she? If she really liked it and knew about it then that's cool, but how do you know that?

It's still not in the same class as astute impersonations; I'm mean, he's put a wig on and said some stuff? When he did the hair tuck and the skipping at the backcourt, and the serve, that was funny!

I want to see him do Soderling. Then I want to see the video of them in the locker room alone. Now THAT would be funny!

No, I think if Ljubicic did a Llondra to Soderling in the locker room....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu 18 Aug 2011, 10:40 pm

You've got me there. What?
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu 18 Aug 2011, 10:45 pm

bogbrush wrote:You've got me there. What?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/funny_old_game/4389625.stm

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri 19 Aug 2011, 5:14 am

Shriekapova also recently switched to Head racquets, and she is very much aware of this 'spoof'.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Fri 19 Aug 2011, 7:58 am

Maria and Nole are actually friends, and when asked and from what I hear she thinks they are really funny and that is one of the reasons he keeps doing it.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by graf_the_greatest Fri 19 Aug 2011, 1:50 pm

Wow, what a joker Djokovic is, what a great guy,blah blah blah. Does anyone else find him tiresome and infantile. No? It just must be me then. The other word that springs to mind is irritating.

graf_the_greatest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Aug 2011, 2:15 pm

graf_the_greatest wrote:Wow, what a joker Djokovic is, what a great guy,blah blah blah. Does anyone else find him tiresome and infantile. No? It just must be me then. The other word that springs to mind is irritating.

I find him quite amusing actually.

Much more entertaining than The Nadull who basically says the same thing before and after every match and does nothing interesting in between matches.

I don't however like Nole's entourage.

Now, they are irritating. Crude, classless, undignified. They remind me of a football mob.

Back to top Go down

Post by graf_the_greatest Fri 19 Aug 2011, 2:26 pm

I have never warmed to Djokovic as I never have with Federer. Both strike me as very arrogant. Arrogance, at least the inner form of it is good. However, actions and words from both of these 2 make me balk.

Everyone else either doesn't see it or doesn't care.

Also, Djokovic's 'style' of play is relentlessly boring so that doesn't help.

graf_the_greatest

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Fri 19 Aug 2011, 2:46 pm

I don't find Djokovic arrogant at all. I think he occupies the middle ground between Federer's "if I play my best, I'll definitely win" and Nadal's "I'm going to have to be at my very best to have any chance of beating my opponent ranked 220".

I agree with emancipator about Djokovic's entourage though. Much like Murray's entourage, there's a real lack of dignity at times.

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Fri 19 Aug 2011, 3:57 pm

graf_the_greatest wrote:I have never warmed to Djokovic as I never have with Federer. Both strike me as very arrogant. Arrogance, at least the inner form of it is good. However, actions and words from both of these 2 make me balk.

I think they are both great ambassadors for the sport, just as Nadal is - how great that the top three have very distinctive personalities. It does make me smile though that Nadal is cited as being 'humble' by so many people who accuse Fed and Djoker of the opposite - I really think that Nadal is as arrogant as anyone on court and certainly you won't see either Fed or Nole glaring at their opponent at opportune moments, and for me actions speak louder than words. I do think that people should consider cultural differences as well, and Nadal has elaborate Spanish manners, and Fed has pragmatic Swiss ones - not sure about Nole, but I think he is perfectly charming and the first of the three to applaud his opponent's brilliance on court.

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Fri 19 Aug 2011, 4:23 pm

I don't think Nadal is arrogant but I do think he is a very complex character. It's surprising that a player so mentally tough and imposing on the court, can be so nervous and socially awkward away from it. I think the recent extract from his autobiography in which he spoke of his relationship with Uncle Toni sheds some light on why he is that way. Now that's a complicated relationship!

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Aug 2011, 4:49 pm

graf_the_greatest wrote:I have never warmed to Djokovic as I never have with Federer. Both strike me as very arrogant. Arrogance, at least the inner form of it is good. However, actions and words from both of these 2 make me balk.

Perhaps the problem lies in you

ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by graf_the_greatest Fri 19 Aug 2011, 4:55 pm

Thank you for that fascinating insight 'emancipator'

graf_the_greatest

Back to top Go down

Post by graf_the_greatest Fri 19 Aug 2011, 4:57 pm

Anyway, talking of boring is anyone watching the Murray-Simon match. They're only at 2-2 in the 1st set and I feel like I've been watching this match for 2 hours.

Someone hit a forceful shot or go for a winner...just once!

graf_the_greatest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri 19 Aug 2011, 4:58 pm

emancipator wrote:

Perhaps the problem lies in you

ghost
clap thumbsup

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Fri 19 Aug 2011, 5:01 pm

HM Murdoch wrote:I don't think Nadal is arrogant but I do think he is a very complex character. It's surprising that a player so mentally tough and imposing on the court, can be so nervous and socially awkward away from it. I think the recent extract from his autobiography in which he spoke of his relationship with Uncle Toni sheds some light on why he is that way. Now that's a complicated relationship!

Perhaps arrogant is the wrong word HM, but then it is not one I would readily use about any of the top players - I think they are all proud (as you would expect) and fragile as well, like all top athletes. I think Rafa is cleverer at dealing with press intrusion and hiding behind manners - good for him - but I do find that I get a little irritated by many (women I think) who think that he must be the most self effacing person there is - I don't believe he would be as good as he is if he were, quite frankly.

I must read book - not a fan of Uncle Toni, brilliant though he undoubtedly is - I am not sure that I think his omnipresence in his 25 year old nephew's life, from birth practically, is necessarily a healthy state of affairs. Most men of Rafa's age are masters of their own destiny and happiness a little bit more - and I do wonder sometimes whether Nadal, when he seems at odds with tennis, is not trying to kick against his own Svengali - it's just too complicated when that person is another parent (especially in Spanish culture)

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Fri 19 Aug 2011, 7:01 pm

I agree, time please. Uncle Toni seems to be so much more than a coach, he's like a life tutor too. He's Mr Miyagi!
It will be interesting what their relationship is like when Rafa retires and doesn't need tennis coaching anymore.

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Aug 2011, 7:04 pm

graf_the_greatest wrote:Thank you for that fascinating insight 'emancipator'

My pleasure.. it is my job to emancipate from ignorance.

ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 21 Aug 2011, 2:21 am

Graf is greatest and bogbrush have hinted at some malice in this video, maria doesn't seem to mind to much:

http://www.tennis-x.com/xblog/2011-08-20/7754.php

In response to Novak Djokovic’s recent video imitation of her, Maria Sharapova declared yesterday that “it is on like Donkey Kong”.

Obviously this is in all good fun and part of a coordinated viral campaign set up by Sharapova and Djokovic’s racquet sponsor, HEAD tennis.

Sharapova, though, said there will be a rebuttal to Djokovic’s video in the pipeline.

“Yeah, I have a few ideas in my mind that I’ve talked to Head about,” Sharapova said. “I’m going to get him back, no doubt about it.

“I don’t think he had the right shade of blonde either. I think he exaggerated that, among other things. But it’s fun. We always have a good laugh. Just one of the many things he does pretty well and funny.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Sun 21 Aug 2011, 9:24 am

You really think Nadal is humble? You fool Nadal fangirl, he just act like this to charme the press and fans like you. Just look at how he shout at the ballboys for the towels.
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 21 Aug 2011, 12:19 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Nole is AWESOMEEEEEE Yahoo !!!!!!!!

p.s.

sorry Yummy Rolling Eyes

She be wearing her tartans tonight singing Flower of Scotland Run
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 21 Aug 2011, 12:24 pm

graf_the_greatest

Miami = Djokovic bt Nadal
Indian Wells = Djokovic bt Nadal
Madrid = Djokovic bt Nadal
Rome = Djokovic bt Nadal
Wimbledon = Djokovic destroyed Nadal

Read it and weep laughing
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 21 Aug 2011, 9:17 pm

What's all this stuff about arrogant/humble?

I don't think the video is funny. If anyone can point me to the big joke, or skilful impersonation, or novelty, that would be great. I think it's rubbish.

His take-offs are hilarious though, plus not orchestrated for some commercial agenda. He should stick to them.

That said, if she really doesn't mind then it's not insulting. I guess it's just advertising and they were both well paid for it.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down