The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matthew Hatton

5 posters

Go down

Matthew Hatton Empty Matthew Hatton

Post by alanqlm Sat 20 Aug 2011, 9:45 am

I see Matthew Hatton picked up what seemed a fairly comfortable UD win last night, just wondering if anybody was there or has any view on how Matthew performed, good showing or poor opponent being my main question?

Also where next for Matthew, is he anywhere near ready for jumping in with a title holder or would he be best aiming to regain his old Euro strap?

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Matthew Hatton Empty Re: Matthew Hatton

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 20 Aug 2011, 11:07 am

i'd like to see him against rhodes, they both lost to alverez, but put up decent efforts and think it would be a decent scrap between them. hard to call as well.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sat 20 Aug 2011, 11:11 am

I watched it. His opponent was alright skill wise but had no power whatsoever. The fight told us nothing we new about Hatton as he just kept coming forward due to the Belerusian not being able to hurt him. Thought Hatton looked very slow and predicable. He'll never win a main world title, and I stand by that claim. He just isn't that special.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 20 Aug 2011, 12:06 pm

i like him, he lacks skill but has plenty of heart and deterination. a rematch with n'dou would be a decent win as well.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sat 20 Aug 2011, 2:41 pm

I like him too eddy as he us the complete polar opposite of his bro professionalism wise. But when I watch him and then think of him fighting a top welter (Manny/Floyd or even a light welter like Khan or Bradley) I can just see him gettin beat to an absolute pulp. When a fighter turns pro, it's because they want to be the best, so if Hatton is in this game to pick up the easiest world title (IBF) then that makes him a fraud, other fighters get scaulded for doing that.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 20 Aug 2011, 3:03 pm

he did take on alverez though, who i highly rate and he managed the full 12.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sat 20 Aug 2011, 5:34 pm

Fair point but Alvarez was and still I unproven. Plus how could Hatton lose? Move to light middle against an up and coming fighter, if I win then I'm a world champ and if I lose I still have my name on the world scene plus I can say I wasn't comfortable at the weight and in turn drop down to welter and get a quick shot at another belt due to the Alvarez fight.

Not having a go at him, jus a conspiracy theory haha
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 21 Aug 2011, 12:25 pm

yeah he does seem to get "lucky" when it comes to been allowed to fight for titles, but i forgive him that as if i was boxing and had the chance i'd take it too.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Mon 22 Aug 2011, 10:26 am

stop messing about and fight kel brook. its the only decent fight matt hatton could have at this stage.

hes on about khan when he moves to welter, no chance.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 22 Aug 2011, 10:52 am

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:I watched it. His opponent was alright skill wise but had no power whatsoever. The fight told us nothing we new about Hatton as he just kept coming forward due to the Belerusian not being able to hurt him. Thought Hatton looked very slow and predicable. He'll never win a main world title, and I stand by that claim. He just isn't that special.

Completely agree. One of Britain's most average fighters with publicity purely because of his brother.

He's good for the domestic scene and ok at Euro level but was never worthy of a title shot, however it's common place now for World Champs to pick lower level opponents to pad keep hold of their titles.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down