The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magic Matthew Hatton

+5
88Chris05
Atila
TRUSSMAN66
davidemore
hampo17
9 posters

Go down

Magic Matthew Hatton Empty Magic Matthew Hatton

Post by hampo17 Sun 24 Feb 2013, 6:32 pm

Not long now until his big title shot in South Africa, so how do we think he'll get on?

I personally don't think he's above european level but he's tough and has so much experience of the big stage that its unlikely he'll get blown away.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Magic Matthew Hatton Empty Re: Magic Matthew Hatton

Post by davidemore Sun 24 Feb 2013, 8:05 pm

Close UD.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 24 Feb 2013, 8:52 pm

How is he fighting for a title???? It's a disgrace!!

Lost to Brook..lost to the Mexican and just given title shots like confetti...

Hope he gets slapped...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Sun 24 Feb 2013, 8:59 pm

It's the IBO title Truss. A title so highly thought of that Hatton, who's ranked at a lowly #24 in their rankings still qualifies for a title shot.

But yes, it's still a joke. Everyone with a pulse seems to get the chance to call themselves 'world champ' these days.

I hope he loses too.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 24 Feb 2013, 9:05 pm

In fairness, nobody outside of the Hatton household is going to call Magic Matthew a world champion if he wins, so the fact that a 'title' of some guise is on the line here is no big deal to me. If he was fighting for a major, recognised belt against someone considered amongst the top three or four fighters in his weight class, then maybe I'd get as upset as a couple of others, but I view this for what it is, really - just another fight as Matt Hatt tries to keep his career going despite there not really being anywhere he can go from now on.

Never really rated the younger Hatton brother, to be frank, and I've not seen anything at all of Van Heerden, but win or lose I think we can safely say that Matthew has found his level as a middling Welterweight in world terms, no higher.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 24 Feb 2013, 9:08 pm

I cant believe that people are wishing him to lose!

Its not his fault that he has been offered a world title fight - of course he is going to take it.

Good luck to him and I hope he wins it and goes on to bigger titles in the future

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Sun 24 Feb 2013, 9:11 pm

Really Chris? What do you want to bet that if Matthew Hatton wins this fight, we'll have to hear about the 2 Hatton brothers that were both humble, down to earth guys that both made it to the top of their profession and became world champs?

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Sun 24 Feb 2013, 9:14 pm

Adam D wrote:I cant believe that people are wishing him to lose!

Its not his fault that he has been offered a world title fight - of course he is going to take it.

Good luck to him and I hope he wins it and goes on to bigger titles in the future
Why should I be wanting him to win? Even though it's only the IBO title he's doesn't deserve a shot at it.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 24 Feb 2013, 9:14 pm

Hatton is not even the best WW north of Watford. But good luck to him. Unfortunately he's run into a South African and will get spanked for his troubles. But he should go on a safari at Kruger. Great scenery especially with come Cape Vines instead of Guiness.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 24 Feb 2013, 9:22 pm

azania wrote:Hatton is not even the best WW north of Watford. But good luck to him. Unfortunately he's run into a South African and will get spanked for his troubles. But he should go on a safari at Kruger. Great scenery especially with come Cape Vines instead of Guiness.

I'm sure he was considered second behind Brook domestically fairly recently. Doesn't deserve his shot, however it would be good to see him bring the belt back.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 24 Feb 2013, 9:32 pm

Its good for him. But such is boxing politics that a totall undeserving guy can fight for a light mid belt when never fighting at that weight before and not being the best in his area.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Mon 25 Feb 2013, 2:57 am

It is the IBO welterweight title on the line Az. Still, I would have thought that there were many other more deserving challnegers out there than Hatton.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 25 Feb 2013, 12:15 pm

Adam D wrote:I cant believe that people are wishing him to lose!

Exactly this. You can call the situation a joke but not in any way Hatton's fault. Hope he wins.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Mon 25 Feb 2013, 12:41 pm

A bit off topic, but does anyone else think Van Heerden looks somewhat like the Clev?

http://content.computicket.com/web//files/1358750100583.jpg

I actually hope Hatton does win, you get the feeling he has bags more discipline outside the ring than Ricky ever did.

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down