The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congratulations Wallabies Win Tri Nations

+34
Feckless Rogue
21st Century Schizoid Man
Gatts
Rangiora
eirebilly
krusty
majesticimperialman
asoreleftshoulder
debaters1
perand25
disneychilly
deadfred
GunsGerms
nganboy
Breadvan
Pal Joey
Rob B
boomeranga
nottins
Thomond
aucklandlaurie
Pot Hale
kingjohn7
OzT
Taylorman
emack2
nottins_jones
Otagolad
Comfort
fa0019
Bullsbok
Full Credit
Biltong
TheGreyGhost
38 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Congratulations Wallabies Win Tri Nations - Page 4 Empty Congratulations Wallabies Win Tri Nations

Post by TheGreyGhost Wed 24 Aug 2011, 1:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well, well, well.

http://www.sareferees.co.za/sarefs/appointments/2775364.htm

May I take this opportunity to be the first to congratulate Australia on winning the Tri-nations this year.

Tri-Nations

Australia vs New Zealand at Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Referee: Wayne Barnes (England)
Assistant referees: Craig Joubert (South Africa), Cobus Wessels (South Africa)
Television match official: Matt Goddard (Australia)

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Congratulations Wallabies Win Tri Nations - Page 4 Empty Re: Congratulations Wallabies Win Tri Nations

Post by Biltong Sat 27 Aug 2011, 2:40 pm

Well, none of you can deny the fact that greyghost have already congratulated the wallabies on their win. Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Congratulations Wallabies Win Tri Nations - Page 4 Empty Re: Congratulations Wallabies Win Tri Nations

Post by Pal Joey Sat 27 Aug 2011, 2:44 pm

Did you enjoy the match Bek?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 27 Aug 2011, 2:48 pm

Yeah, it was good, I loved when Kearns mentioned the All Blacks are just picking and driving, playing boring rugby, but it should get them tries.

It is just ridiculous when you listen to some of their comments.

but it showed that when you front up to the All Blacks they are as vulnerable as any other team. The All blacks still misses too many tackles though.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Sat 27 Aug 2011, 2:51 pm

Between Kearnsie's good left eye and TGG's good right eye you'd almost get a well balanced opinion.

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 27 Aug 2011, 2:53 pm

Well done to your team Sir. Great to see them front up in that first half. Genia's little sprint there for the tryline was a classic halfback score.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Sat 27 Aug 2011, 2:55 pm

Cheers Biltong, I haven't forgotten our deal Hug

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Sat 27 Aug 2011, 2:57 pm

Hi,Biltong and Taylorman.i`m saying Nothing,just read my thoughts.
Hope the injuries arn`t too bad ,on to the RWC onwards and upwards.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 27 Aug 2011, 2:58 pm

Yes, they do make ridiculous comments. I can't take them too seriously.

Hats off to the ABs for that first 15 mins of the second half... it's like watching a dam wall about to crumble with the Wallabies shunted around like that.

That start was near perfect though. Just a pity they bombed a few tries, the couple of passes from Cooper and Genia that went awry and AAC held up over the line. Great work from Weepu there.

I wonder how it will pan out if we meet them again in October? Both sides still need to do more homework. Physically they are quite evenly matched (like the Boks too) but the psychological/strategic/tactical 'war' now begins. Should be great viewing in the RWC.

Last edited by Linebreaker on Sat 27 Aug 2011, 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 27 Aug 2011, 3:03 pm

I think it is clear that all three teams have homewrk to do.

SA needs to vary their attack, make sure John Smit doesn't play prop again and work on Morne Steyn's defence.

Wallabies need to keep their forwards going for 80 minutes.

All Blacks need to work on their tackling and some decision making processes, right off the bat they wanted to run the ball from inside their 22, got turned over, and then Carter was charged down. Not sure if their problem is solved at 9.

I don't think you can blame teams for not finishing every move, handling errors are part and parcel of the type of game being played.

Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Sat 27 Aug 2011, 3:08 pm

...and don't forget, while the conditions looked good it had been raining all week in Brisbane. To say I'm looking forward to the next time these 2 teams meet is an understatement. They got a start in Auckland, we got a start tonight. It seems it's all about laying down a marker in the first 20mins.

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Sat 27 Aug 2011, 3:16 pm

Wobblies deserved it but i still think the Blacks will win the Cup .As for the Wobblies silly tactics of punching players and starting fights(Qaude Cooper ) suspect number one . He's going to get himself mullered by English forwards ,i dislike this wobbly side more and more wen i see their negative tactics
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 27 Aug 2011, 3:24 pm

It's just QC though, bulls. I agree. He'll get a right clobbering sometime soon.

The rest of the team played very positively for the most part.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Sat 27 Aug 2011, 3:26 pm

Yes, don't tar the whole Wobblies team with the same Quade Cooper brush. I don't know what his problem is with Richie (presumably it dates back to Honkers last year, if not before) but he needs to get over it before it costs us a game.

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 27 Aug 2011, 3:29 pm

Was it my imagination or was McCaw quiet today?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Sat 27 Aug 2011, 3:31 pm

Very quiet I thought, maybe that early head knock rattled him a bit. He was involved quite a bit when they had 20-odd phases early in the second half but he certainly wasn't his normal pestering self.

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 27 Aug 2011, 3:33 pm

Could it be he was pondering what to do with Quade Cooper? Shocked
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 27 Aug 2011, 3:34 pm

Full Credit wrote:Yes, don't tar the whole Wobblies team with the same Quade Cooper brush. I don't know what his problem is with Richie (presumably it dates back to Honkers last year, if not before) but he needs to get over it before it costs us a game.

Mate, have you got a link to Challenge Cup? All I've got is this - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/bbc_radio_five_live_sports_extra

half time now... they're just blabbering on about things.

Yes, sooner or later it will cost us another game. Do you think it was part of some game plan to 'irritate' McCaw but he took it too far... or no, he's just a naughty naughty boy?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Sat 27 Aug 2011, 3:35 pm

biltongbek wrote:Could it be he was pondering what to do with Quade Cooper? Shocked
I'm certain that's what it was Very Happy

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 27 Aug 2011, 3:36 pm

"naughty, naughty"? two naughties? What I actually wrote wasn't that bad!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 27 Aug 2011, 3:38 pm

Congratulations to Aussies. It was a fantastic match Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Sat 27 Aug 2011, 3:41 pm

Linebreaker wrote:
Full Credit wrote:Yes, don't tar the whole Wobblies team with the same Quade Cooper brush. I don't know what his problem is with Richie (presumably it dates back to Honkers last year, if not before) but he needs to get over it before it costs us a game.

Mate, have you got a link to Challenge Cup? All I've got is this - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/bbc_radio_five_live_sports_extra
No sorry I'm watching Eng V Ire, I'll check the usual suspects and let you know.

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Sun 28 Aug 2011, 4:34 am

Yep Congrats Auss. Just too passionate and accurate.
NZ started way too slowly and got punished.
We fought our way back into it with some old fashioned forward play.
And then when we drew level kicked the f***** ball away again. I thought Carter was tactially poor.

That's why you never quite write off the opposition.

I thought McCaw was huge. He wasn't doing the fetching role (he hasn't for awhile now) but he sure took a lot of ball up.

Pleased for Vito - thought he did fine considering. Bad luck for Read - that is probably our biggest worry right now.
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun 28 Aug 2011, 5:17 am

spot on ngan.

I thought Nonu battled typically well too and some of Smiths defence was huge.

First real test I've seen where kudos goes to Deans. Preparation was excellent it turns out and introduction of Vickerman and Samo was inspired.

Samo especially considering his story. The Oz urgency was great and taught us a thing or two.

Overall I was sitting on the edge of my seat the entire match gripped by the pace and tension. Thoroughly enjoyed the physical match up. Best test I've watched in a while. Hope theres more like it come World cup time.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Sun 28 Aug 2011, 5:33 am

The highlight for me was the Samo try. The lowlight was Genia kicking the ball straight into Horwill, where did he think it was going to end up?

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun 28 Aug 2011, 5:39 am

Yeah me too.
I think Genia is allowed to expected that a certain area at the back of the breakdown is for clearances and the guy hit just saw it too late though. Tired legs I think.

Funny though...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sun 28 Aug 2011, 6:27 am

Full Credit wrote:The highlight for me was the Samo try. The lowlight was Genia kicking the ball straight into Horwill, where did he think it was going to end up?

Amazing try....needs to cut his hair though as the wind resistance must slow him down

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun 28 Aug 2011, 8:32 am

Emack will get some consolation out of this.
Henry has just admitted he got the mix wrong with leaving the players behind in SA.
Not for the same reason as alan has said but the squad didnt come back together in the first half as he'd thought they would and were found badly short.
They looked awfully slow to start and when they got going they looked ok but like deans said about eden park its all about learning

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob B Sun 28 Aug 2011, 8:38 am

The first half of this game reminded me of Eden Park in reverse.Not a lot separates these 2 teams contrary to the perceptions of NH fans in particular that it is the ABs and then there is everyone else. Not any more - W are with the ABs all the way. The difference was attitude and application - like it was in Eden Park. W simply bullied the ABs off the park and the ABs were a very much a rattled side in the first half as a result of W defense and aggression at the counter-ruck. W certainly won't be seen as soft any more - what a contrast to that Samoa game 4 tests ago. 3-20 was a fair indication that W simply did not allow ABs to play they denied them go forward and space. And DC made some mistakes. Overall Cooper was all over DC in this game - again a reverse of Eden Park. How was Ridike Samo? Palmed Thompson off like a schoolboy. Actually thought Thompson looked more ordinary than I had seen. McCaw was shell shocked in the first half. Thought A Fainga's tackle in first half was critical - with 6 on 2 ABs looked certain to score but Faingaa pulled off another incredible tackle. If he does that once a game he is worth his spot in the side. ABS very impressive in second half with their pick and go rugby - it seemed W didn't have the ball in first 20 mins of that half phase play was brilliant. But not enough. Genia and Beale class again prevailed. A very big forward pack picked by Deans is the blueprint going forward. Finally Deans is getting close to the mark with selections - when selections a right the side wins. Go figure Robbie. Do you finally get it?. A tense close encounter. The story here is not that the ABs lost. The story is W won their first 3N in 10 years - and it was a Reds inspired victory. I watched England Ireland later - sorry but what a contrast - slow, loaded with errors and unimaginative. They are a very long way short of the standard of rugby shown last night.

Rob B

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob B Sun 28 Aug 2011, 8:50 am

the shove in the back was not where this started. McCaw niggled him the whole game in Hong Kong at the tackled area including actually kicking him the leg - which was a girl's act in its own right. Cooper's shove, while childish was retaliation not instigation. I have a lot of respect for McCaw but good to see some people refuse to take his sh*te.

Rob B

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Sun 28 Aug 2011, 9:00 am

Good to see cooper show him 0 respect. Best way to beat teams like NZ.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun 28 Aug 2011, 9:30 am

In that respect coopers a girl. See his statuesque stance when nonu ran past him?
Just stood there with a rabbit stuck in the headlights stare.
For someone with such lightening reflexes sure froze quickly.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Sun 28 Aug 2011, 12:12 pm

Can't believe that Cooper was cited and then let off with no charge.

He clearly knees McCaw in the back of the head. That could have not only put him out of the RWC, but ended his career (if Cooper wasn't such a giant metaphorical feline.).

Barnes is standing right there, and the line assistant referee is on the other side.

It's so blatant, that Brad Thorn sees it from 5 meteres away and drags Cooper away.

The video evidence is clear and damning...and there is history there. Cooper has spent the last three games sticking his fingers up McCaws nose and generally being the little Muppet that he is.

What the hell is going on at the SANZAR judiciary? Does Barnes need to go back to specsavers? Last time somebody kneed McCaw in the head, he seemed to spot it ok, and it resulted in a red card.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 28 Aug 2011, 12:30 pm

For once i agree with you TGG. I am amazed that no action is being taken against Cooper for that knee. It was blatant, cynical and has no place in the game.

He can consider himself a very lucky boy to be playing at the RWC.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by mpc28 Sun 28 Aug 2011, 12:38 pm

Just watched the Quade Cooper knee again and im suprised he has got away with that, he knew exactly what he was doing he even looked down at McCaw before he did.

Is there any reason why those 2 dont get on? There always seems to be something happening between the 2.

mpc28

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 28 Aug 2011, 12:47 pm

It has no place in the game and he should have received some sort of ban. I just hate seeing things like that.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Sun 28 Aug 2011, 1:01 pm

I saw his statement today, "Oh, it's such an honour playing against such a great legend like Richie. It really brings out the best in me".

Sigh. I suspect the lack of action may count against him in the RWC. It might have been better to cop some sort of sanction now, because they are essentially encouraging him to do it. He's likely to try something like that on in the RWC and get a straight red. Refs will have that information stored away in the back of their heads. And when the judiciary comes around he'll now have previous history, so it will be harder to play the innocent card.

It's also very ugly, because he's not a brave guy - check out his facial expression when he sees Nonu running towards him. He's already looking around for someone else to blame while he freezes and makes sure he gets out of the way. To stick a knee in the back of someone's head when they're on the ground reveals what a giant coward he is.

I find it hard to have respect for the guy.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Sun 28 Aug 2011, 1:52 pm

I dislike him more and more each day . I'm praying hard he does that to Sheridan or better yet a schalk burger/bismarck/bakkies if they should meet at the world cup. I was glad when Brad thorn decided to straighten him up yesterday!!
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Sun 28 Aug 2011, 1:55 pm

Fair play to cooper, apart from kneeing someone which I don't agree with, he has succeeded in getting under macaws skin and it's no surprise he was very quiet yesterday. Quite impressed with coopers passion.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 28 Aug 2011, 2:22 pm

Bullsbok wrote:I dislike him more and more each day . I'm praying hard he does that to Sheridan or better yet a schalk burger/bismarck/bakkies if they should meet at the world cup. I was glad when Brad thorn decided to straighten him up yesterday!!

No boet, we don't need our layers to get into trouble for retaliating, we are being watched by big brother (my conspiracy theory).

Remember in the last world cup, Burger goes high for the ball and lands ontop of the reciever at the kick off, immediate ban for the rest of the pool games.

We must go in low profile like cloaked fighter planes.

Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sun 28 Aug 2011, 6:04 pm

Has Cooper been cited?

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 28 Aug 2011, 8:31 pm

For those who missed it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9RYZStDdDI

Horrible by Cooper, there's a difference beween being a cheat and acting like a thug,that incident falls into the latter category. He deserves a ban for it. Just incredibly stupid,

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 28 Aug 2011, 8:39 pm

Not wanting to add fuel to the fire, but if that was Schalk Burger or Bakkies Botha, you can bet your bottom dollar they would have had a 6 week ban at least.

And in that I find this double standard unacceptable.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sun 28 Aug 2011, 8:44 pm

Biltong
I dont know if its something I've drunk, but I seem to be agreeing with you on a lot of points this morning.Perhaps I need to go out the back and give myself a good uppercut.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Sun 28 Aug 2011, 8:50 pm

The thing I don't like about the Cooper-McCaw situation is that there was obvious previous.. both in this match and in ones prior to Saturday.

12 months ago Cooper pushed McCaw to the ground and raised a couple of eyebrows.
1st half of this match Cooper takes a swing at McCaw at a ruck.

2nd half he puts his knee in his face.... I'm sorry but the defence that it was an accident just doesn't run with me.... Cooper is not an idiot... a coward yes but not an idiot.

Its not really a banning offence but more worrying for him is that all the NZ players will mark him for some punishment if they meet in the RWC.... he isn't the bravest man in the first place so he may just have his chickens come home to roost so to say in any KO match SF or F that Aus & NZ feature together in.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sun 28 Aug 2011, 8:59 pm

personally I dont mind if Quade knees Richie in the face, What harm can he do?
Had it been Schalk or Bakkies, then I can imagine the outcome being quite different..... I use those two players figuratively.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 28 Aug 2011, 10:59 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote: Biltong
I dont know if its something I've drunk, but I seem to be agreeing with you on a lot of points this morning.Perhaps I need to go out the back and give myself a good uppercut.

It has been mentioned by some famous philosophers in the past, "great minds think alike"

But then I have also heard before " fools never differ"

Not sure which category we would fall under? Rolling Eyes
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by blackcanelion Sun 28 Aug 2011, 11:13 pm

The aussie forwarward pack. I don't remermber the last time I saw a team as dominant over the AB's as the Aussies were in the first half. The platform really set up the loose trio, who all had a great games.

Genia. Was awesome. He's got to be the top halfback out there at the moment.

The AB's set piece. Seems to be inproving. The one bright spot in the game for the forwards.

Cooper. He's got to be careful. I think he's heading for a suspension sooner later. Not sure if I agree Biltong. I remember an assault on Kelleher a few years back that went unpunished. I think the IRB hasn't got citing right. To many decsions around the world that go in favour of the home team (NZ included).

Wayne Barnes. The AB's have got to learn how to adjust to his refereeing. Kevin Putt (the Natal Sharks coach) said this morning that the key decision, in any match, is the appointment of the referee and I agree. For me the Aussies got a clear advantage in this point. Barnes allows players to seal the ball by flooding over over the ball off their feet, or bridging, on attack and allows the tackler to illegally enter the ruck. IMO the AB's didn't adjust to either trend quickly enough.

The TMO. The IRB have to sort this out. two weeks in a row we have seen poor decisions by hometown TMO's in favour of the local team. The reality is it is just as likely to happen in NZ, England or Wales. Both decisions had big influences on the match. The first desallowed a try to the opposition, the second lead to a try to the home side.

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Sun 28 Aug 2011, 11:35 pm

Unfortunately Mr Canelion, the IRB are toothless when it comes to reprimanding their officials. This seems to filter down to the regional competitions, SANZAR's decision to accept Cooper's defence that this was just an accident is ludicrous. And frankly it sends out a bad message to kids playing the game.

The thing that disappoints me more though is that Barnes was standing right there, with his assistant ref on the other side. They clearly saw the incident, but Barnes was in blind-man mode.

From any decent hard man you could accept it - but Cooper is such a baby, he's like the weedy kid in the playground that puts in a kick in during someone else's fight then runs away.

At some point or another what's coming to him will come to him.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by blackcanelion Sun 28 Aug 2011, 11:59 pm

Lokk I'm not sure if it warented a suspension, I haven't looked at it today (i.e. when I've had a chance to lose the emotion). I think he does to much to often. At some point he'll get clobbered by the judiciary. To make mnatters worse, he's building up a reputation, like Bakkies, that means he may ultimately be prejudged.

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Mon 29 Aug 2011, 12:02 am

What a pity that would be. I'd be devastated if poor Quade was pre-judged and accidentally found guilty of something he didn't actually do.

Fairly disappointed that Robbie Deans turned up to support him. I guess his transition to the dark side is now complete.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next