The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

24 / 7 Mayweather vs Ortiz eps 1+ 2

+20
Jimmy Moz
eddyfightfan
trottb
Valero's Conscience
Djmitch
Eric Da Cat
C'mon You Irish
Fists of Fury
Scottrf
Imperial Ghosty
Adam D
Sugar Floyd Louis
John Bloody Wayne
ONETWOFOREVER
Seanusarrilius
AlexHuckerby
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
OasisBFC
azumah HOF
jimdig
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

24 / 7 Mayweather vs Ortiz eps 1+ 2 - Page 2 Empty 24 / 7 Mayweather vs Ortiz eps 1+ 2

Post by jimdig Sun 28 Aug 2011, 9:14 am

First topic message reminder :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c98cLd9-eUg

Thoughts? Personally I think Ortiz has Floyds character nailed, he's a child that never grew up. Not alot of training shown in this, but I think that Ortiz could end up quiting again. Mayweather has said previously on the HBO face-off, that he'll be standing in front of Ortiz, I think that's exactly what will happen, Floyd has grown into a big welter, This fight could resemble mayweather v Gatti, I think Ortiz is going to come forward and get beat down.

Looking forward to the next Ortiz comes accross as a likable guy, Mayweather, not so much.

P.S. the link messes up for a few seconds around 24mins, stick with it, it comes back and you miss nothing.

Link to episode 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEM0GiTUJM

Last edited by jimdig on Mon 05 Sep 2011, 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total

jimdig

Back to top Go down

24 / 7 Mayweather vs Ortiz eps 1+ 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: 24 / 7 Mayweather vs Ortiz eps 1+ 2

Post by Scottrf Sun 28 Aug 2011, 8:11 pm

Ring Life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWfQq2lWy9w

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

24 / 7 Mayweather vs Ortiz eps 1+ 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: 24 / 7 Mayweather vs Ortiz eps 1+ 2

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 28 Aug 2011, 8:24 pm

Know what you mean Fists he is a tad annoying but backs it up everytime he is in the ring sort of a I love him but hate him kind of a thing.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 28 Aug 2011, 11:15 pm

Just for everyone saying that Floyd shouldn't have spoke to his old man like that you should see what the crazy old crack head is saying about his son on twitter. Includibg the fact he was checking out his fiancee and wishing Victor Ortiz good luck and tweeting 41- baby!!!

The guys a moron Floyd Jnr is right Roger has done more for him and is more of a father than Snr will ever be. Snr disrespected Roger Floyd should be commended for his loyalty to Roger not slated for calling a crazy old crack head who is trying to hang on to his coat tails names.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Sun 28 Aug 2011, 11:30 pm

prettyboykev wrote:Just for everyone saying that Floyd shouldn't have spoke to his old man like that you should see what the crazy old crack head is saying about his son on twitter. Includibg the fact he was checking out his fiancee and wishing Victor Ortiz good luck and tweeting 41- baby!!!

The guys a moron Floyd Jnr is right Roger has done more for him and is more of a father than Snr will ever be. Snr disrespected Roger Floyd should be commended for his loyalty to Roger not slated for calling a crazy old crack head who is trying to hang on to his coat tails names.

whats his twitter???

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 28 Aug 2011, 11:42 pm

@FloydJoySr
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Sun 28 Aug 2011, 11:53 pm

I just went on it, some people are claiming its a fake account... crazy tweets though

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 28 Aug 2011, 11:55 pm

It might be it only seems to have been opened a few hours ago.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Mon 29 Aug 2011, 1:53 pm

Disagree on the ppv points..... this is more than a viable ppv fight! it is very good matchmaking and Floyd has become a ppv phenomonon! Simply people will tune in to floyd in big numbers because of the drama and in the hope to see him get sparked! He has the same aura as the young cassius clay in that many ppl tune in or turn up hoping to see him get sparked because of his mouth and personna.
Floyds 24/7 are the only ones that have ever been interesting all the stellar 24/7 moments have involved Floyd fights, because he understands the TV medium better than almost any other sportsman! he knows ppl tune in to be entertained and he simply brings the drama.
In terms of ppv this fight willbring in big big numbers and will dwarf Manny vs Marquez ..... which is why Floyd even with his inactivity holds the whip hand over Manny and Arum in fight negotiations.... as he says he is simply the cash cow in boxing.
As for an earlier point asked about seeing more sparring and pad work to judge how sharp he is. you will see no sparring!!! Floyds sparring has never been exposed to the media. What you see in thegym is choreographed and not the real graft that goes on. Forexample if you watch the series again you will see in a scene at the gym Floyd has a pretty badly grazed lip...... evidence of a pretty full on sparring session!
He himself has said in terview with L.A times that he is getting exceptional work from the likes of Ouama and Petterson.
For more insights check out the interview with Deandre Petterson on fighthype, he talks about how tough the camp has been as a sparring partner and that Floyd is in excellent nick.

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by C'mon You Irish Mon 29 Aug 2011, 8:41 pm

24/7 IS ONLY EVER GOOD WHEN FLOYD IS IN THEM

GOAT

C'mon You Irish

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Da Cat Mon 29 Aug 2011, 10:01 pm

If there's a god, this obnoxious Muppet Mayweather will get smashed up.

You maybe good boxers, but your family is still uneducated buffoons, who can't even speak properly, no class whatsoever and Mayweather will get his come uppance in one way or the other, best of luck Victor you're the classier kid, hope you win mate
Eric Da Cat
Eric Da Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 29 Aug 2011, 10:03 pm

Hi Eric

Trying to understand them is hard work, isn't it?

Any new rap releases coming up?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 29 Aug 2011, 10:03 pm

Eric I know your not a fan but did you read the interview with Roger in boxing news. He comes across a lot better in print form.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Djmitch Tue 30 Aug 2011, 6:56 am

I guess no one picked up on Floyd snr wearing the Ricky hatton branded cap
Djmitch
Djmitch

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 30 Aug 2011, 9:19 am

Like I asked someone from Hatton boxing on twitter why would that bother Floyd? Have you forgot what happened when they fought?

Maybe would have been different if he had turned up with a Pacquiao t-shirt on.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 30 Aug 2011, 10:49 am

prettyboykev wrote:Floyd Snr said he left Oscar but that is rubbish the money Oscar generated would have meant he would have got a considerable wedge so it's rubbish. Did Floyd Snr train Hatton for the Pac fight?

Oscar says in his book that Floyd Snr never wanted to train someone against his son but didn't want to quit on Oscar at the same time and therefore asked Oscar for an obscene fee for the fight, which forced Oscar to get a new trainer which Oscar was fine with.

I think it was mutual in the way they parted.

As for Hatton, I think Hatton and Floyd Snr just didn't get on and Floyd was more there as a front than as his real full-time trainer.

Oscar's worked with many top guys and he said Floyd Snr worked him harder than anyone else, which probably didn't suit Hatton well, especially when he has to cut the accumulation of a few months of pies and beer!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 30 Aug 2011, 10:58 am

Valero's Conscience wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:Floyd Snr said he left Oscar but that is rubbish the money Oscar generated would have meant he would have got a considerable wedge so it's rubbish. Did Floyd Snr train Hatton for the Pac fight?

Oscar says in his book that Floyd Snr never wanted to train someone against his son but didn't want to quit on Oscar at the same time and therefore asked Oscar for an obscene fee for the fight, which forced Oscar to get a new trainer which Oscar was fine with.

I think it was mutual in the way they parted.

As for Hatton, I think Hatton and Floyd Snr just didn't get on and Floyd was more there as a front than as his real full-time trainer.

Oscar's worked with many top guys and he said Floyd Snr worked him harder than anyone else, which probably didn't suit Hatton well, especially when he has to cut the accumulation of a few months of pies and beer!

Oscar said on twitter the other night Floyd Snr is one of the best trainers around. I think the problem with Floyd Snr and Hatton may have been that Floyd Snr is used to working with more professional athletes he probably couldn't believe the shape Hatton turned up for camp in. Like you said Hatton didn't have the lifestyle of a top level athlete.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Wed 31 Aug 2011, 5:17 pm

Eric Da Cat wrote:If there's a god, this obnoxious Muppet Mayweather will get smashed up.

You maybe good boxers, but your family is still uneducated buffoons, who can't even speak properly, no class whatsoever and Mayweather will get his come uppance in one way or the other, best of luck Victor you're the classier kid, hope you win mate
This is a hilarious post.... u need a wake up pill brother!!! this is boxing not tiddly winks! ur post is just far too furry and fluffy and cute.... evr heard of Jack Johnson, cassius clay, ibeabuchi, tyson... boxing littered with real odious people.... All fans who love the sport love the skill and bravery first and foremost.... this aint no boy scout parade! is it?

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 31 Aug 2011, 6:18 pm

fists, you put that very well

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Wed 31 Aug 2011, 7:38 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Hi Eric

Trying to understand them is hard work, isn't it?

Any new rap releases coming up?

I'm still devestated we never got a rap for the Haye Klitschko fight as promised.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Aug 2011, 9:31 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:I just fnd it kinda disturbing watching a guy talk to his own father that way, regardless of past history.

I agree, made me feel a little shocked and uneasy. Obviously he's not the ideal Dad, but still, he is his father. Of course, we are talking about FMJ so it was totally expected.

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 31 Aug 2011, 10:44 pm

emancipator wrote:
John Bloody Wayne wrote:I just fnd it kinda disturbing watching a guy talk to his own father that way, regardless of past history.

I agree, made me feel a little shocked and uneasy. Obviously he's not the ideal Dad, but still, he is his father. Of course, we are talking about FMJ so it was totally expected.

If I walked out on my son nd tried to disrespect the man who helped him out when I couldn't be bothered being their I would deserve nothing less than a mouthful. Floyd Snr is lucky Floyd acknowledges he's alive. Disrespecting Roger by saying he made Floyd what he is today is shameful and good on Floyd for standing up to him.

A father should only get the respect a father deserves if he acts like one.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Wed 31 Aug 2011, 11:22 pm

I don't know about anybody else, but seen as I'm neither Mayweather Sr or Jr I can't say who deserves what kind of treament, just that from the outside it's uneasy viewng.

Plenty of roumers floating around that it was all staged, people saying in the next episode they'll make up. It's not that far fetched, Mayweather wants people talking about him and...oh look...

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 31 Aug 2011, 11:44 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if it was staged seemed to flare up out of nowhere. Snr opened a twitter account to give Jnr stickbut like you said it wouldn't be a huge shock if it was staged.

Their has always been animosity between them though so you never know.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 04 Sep 2011, 12:30 pm

is part 2 out yet?

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Sun 04 Sep 2011, 4:33 pm

Mayweather will win this one easy IMO. I think he may stop Ortiz late on.

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Tue 06 Sep 2011, 3:59 am

Nothing like a bit of 24/7 to wet the appetite but is nobody sick of the same old stuff from Flyod's camp? We get it you have a strained relationship with your father and have lots of dollars etc etc. The phone call with the wads of cash with Fiddy was pretty cringe worthy..

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Tue 06 Sep 2011, 9:35 am

Cheers for the links, I reckon you could be right about this being like Mayweather v Gatti imo Mayweather will be far too good for Ortiz and will destroy him but there is a chance he will go eas on him like he did against Marquez coz if he beats him too badly then Pacquiao aint gonna want to fight him lol

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 06 Sep 2011, 9:37 am

Someone compared Floyd to Michael Jackson, I don't think that's too far off. Cover woman, insecure, childish, doesn't know the value of money.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:50 am

Cover woman and insecure I'm not with you on that one mate. Childish maybe a little immature at times but he certainly knows the value of money he's lost enough lately in legal fees. Flashing your cash isn't a crime only people who are skint find it to be wrong.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:55 am

She wouldn't even kiss him, and Floyd buys food in for 50 not her. Have you not seen the chemistry between Floyd and 50? They aren't just friends.

Knows the value of money? Burning it, excessive gambling, excessive extravagances in his house and jewellery. How is doing stupid things and paying lawyers for it to go away knowing the value of money? He will go through it, no doubt.

Bragging about your money and using it as a telephone isn't classy.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 06 Sep 2011, 11:21 am

Mate most rich men punch well above their weight with the woman they pull. Peter Crouch and Abi Clancy?

50 and Floyd seem very close it's a bit gay tbh. He needs to keep food in the fridge for 50 probably protein to counter the roids.

His gambling seems excessive but is it really compared to his earnings? The legal fees should have put a stop to the stupid stuff because it cost him a small fortune.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 06 Sep 2011, 11:25 am

It wasn't a comment on her looks. Not sure he's punching particularly above his weight, probably loads of girls like her in Vegas.

Compared to his earnings now, no. He wont be earning like this forever and then can he stop. I've seen quite a few winning $100k bets so would think he's losing quite a few too. It adds up.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 06 Sep 2011, 12:13 pm

Hard to judge how much he gambles he doesn't show off his losing tickets. A bit harsh on the lovely Ms Jackson.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Tue 06 Sep 2011, 12:53 pm

If you want to see what he gambles, add him to Twitter... He usually takes pictures of the slips he's bought. I've seen a few with around $20k on them for Basketball games.

Absolutely silly money.

Ortiz is right about one thing, if Floyd isn't careful, he'll be a poor man later in life... especially if he employs about 10 guys to watch him train.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 06 Sep 2011, 12:57 pm

I've got him on twitter he only posts up winning receipts. 20k is silly money to me and you but not guys with his cash. He will learn the hard way like Tyson that when the money dries up the hangers on are off.

He does have a few business ventures with 50 which are apparently making money so he isn't just making money from fighting although that is his main income by the looks of it.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:00 pm

Nothing wrong with flashing his cash but burning money is retarded and I was pretty embarrassed for him with his phone skit. Just wasn't funny at all. No issues with his gambling his stakes are all relative to his income.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:11 pm

His cash people with more money than him do worse things with it than burn it.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:33 pm

What can burning money possibly prove or achieve? Cool you're loaded give it to charity or buy yourself something nice if you have too much. Cant see how anyone can condone burning money.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:39 pm

It's his money mate he earned it doesn't need to be condoned by anyone. He can do what he likes with it. How would you like someone to tell you what to do with your hard earned cash?

He has a foundation that does a lot of work for kids in deprived areas of America.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:49 pm

I know he does charity work but do you not think its a bit sad that he feels the need to burn money on tele? I just don't see the point of it. I've no problems with him being flash or extravagant with his money. If I was that loaded I'd be the same but burning it seems pointless to me. No idea what hes tryina achieve. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:52 pm

I know where your coming from I think it was aimed at the people who were saying he was skint because of all the legal stuff.

Personally I wouldn't do it no matter how much money I had, but I would like to think it's my choice to do it if I wanted to without being vilified.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 06 Sep 2011, 11:47 pm

prettyboykev wrote:Personally I wouldn't do it no matter how much money I had, but I would like to think it's my choice to do it if I wanted to without being vilified.
It's not. It's against the law.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:07 am

Scottrf wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:Personally I wouldn't do it no matter how much money I had, but I would like to think it's my choice to do it if I wanted to without being vilified.
It's not. It's against the law.

Burning your own money is against the law?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:07 am

Yep.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:09 am

Suppose it creates a false economy, though obviously on a minor scale.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:10 am

That's ridiculous it's his money he should be allowed to burn it if he likes. I wouldn't do it but I would defend anyone's right to do what they like with the cash they earn.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:11 am

Fists of Fury wrote:Suppose it creates a false economy, though obviously on a minor scale.

Strictly speaking he's not in charge of fiscal or monetary policy as there's no Mayweather Jr state/government........ Doesn't have his own GNP/GDP either........

Just saying, y'know Wink

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:11 am

Was gonna mention that yesterday Kev but my issue with it wasn't that its against the law so didnt bother.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 08 Sep 2011, 5:58 pm

has anyone got a current link to ep 2 if it has been out? i still havent seen it and the one posted up top is no longer watchable

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun 11 Sep 2011, 2:16 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFfZjyYGsE8

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2