The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland v England in Auckland 01/10

4 posters

Go down

Scotland v England in Auckland 01/10 Empty Scotland v England in Auckland 01/10

Post by teh_Dingmeister Mon 29 Aug 2011, 7:51 pm

Whilst England did not set the world on fire with the display against Ireland they were much improved than against Wales. I thought England started very well with good quick ball and Tindall and Tuilagi proved to be an effective combination. Scotland must have a solid centre pairing which rules de Luca out, he coughs up more ball in contact than a plague victim coughs up lungs. Could see a Morrison,S Lamont combination as Ansbro is defensively shaky as well. Would like to see Lamont put some big hits on Manu. Feel Scotland should be able to punish England more effectively at the breakdown than Ireland did, Barclay will be important here. Need to sort the scrum out asap, (second string front row against Italy) Jacobsen, Ford and Cross should hold their own. Need to keep disciplined but pressure England at the breakdown and in defense.

Note* This is assuming Scotland manage to get comfortable wins against Romania and Georgia

Against Argentina need to avoid conceding early tries and just play the game at a faster pace and for God's sake take advantage of clear try scoring oppurtunities. Argentina have suffered from lack of gametime against meaningful opposition and are an old team living off their past reputation (leaving aside the randy of France in 2010 in Buenos Aires)

Braveheart

teh_Dingmeister

Back to top Go down

Scotland v England in Auckland 01/10 Empty Re: Scotland v England in Auckland 01/10

Post by robbo277 Mon 29 Aug 2011, 8:30 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing a Morrison/Lamont combo as an England fan. Tuilagi may be big, but he's also a threatening runner, he can go through you or round you. Taking out your creativity would leave Scotland very one dimensional. I think England should edge the forward battle as well with a stronger scrum and a team that all rucks hard 1-15 with no exception. Take out Ansbro and Scotland's only threat is Patterson's boot (if he plays), and even though England's discipline against Ireland was poor I'd expect us to tighten up in that respect and close out a game against Scotland.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Scotland v England in Auckland 01/10 Empty Re: Scotland v England in Auckland 01/10

Post by Shifty Mon 29 Aug 2011, 8:37 pm

I think England are going to hammer everyone in their group to be honest.

Argentina don't have a scrum anymore, they don't look fit, they don't concentrate very well, and can't score points when they are dominating.

England do have a scrum, but everything else applies to Argentina as too England! Up until the Ireland game that is, hopefully they have learned their lessons.

Scotland do for once look like their players won't shirk their tackles, so they have a chance of beating Argentina.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 30 Aug 2011, 12:11 am

Things do look set for England being tough, ugly and very hard to beat - again.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down