The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celtic Transfer Rumours

+5
Kenny
The Galveston Giant
Kay Fabe
User Name
Celtic Warrior
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Celtic Transfer Rumours - Page 2 Empty Celtic Transfer Rumours

Post by Celtic Warrior Tue 30 Aug 2011, 11:08 am

First topic message reminder :

Not sure how many Celtic fans there are on the board but I've just been reading rumours on Twitter than I HAVE to comment on.

Apparently Samaras is off to Sunderland for circa £3mill! Add to that Maloney is rumoured to be joining Wigan for circa £2mill subject to medical (He'll fail. Probably pull his hamstring stepping out of the taxi!)

Coming in are Mohamed Bangura and Baba Diawara; 2 much needed strikers.. Combined fee rumoured to be £4-6 million.

If this set of moves come off, I'll be absolutely delighted.

Celtic Warrior

http://officerrahl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Celtic Transfer Rumours - Page 2 Empty Re: Celtic Transfer Rumours

Post by Celtic Warrior Sat 10 Sep 2011, 10:47 pm

Yeah the odds on that would have been phenomenal.

Celtic Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 11 Sep 2011, 12:20 pm

I know this is a transfer rumours thread but just wanted to question Celtic fans on their views about Scott Brown.

He missed the game yesterday and that was without a doubt your best performance going forward and you comprehensively beat a Motherwell side who have started the season very well. Do you think Brown stifles you going forward when he plays?

I have never been a fan of his, always thought he was far to negative. Just curious to see the views from Celtic supporters, and don't all call for my head at once Laugh

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 11 Sep 2011, 6:56 pm

I've never been Scott's biggest fan, infact I've been known to just give him pelters, that being said, for me he is a far better player when he plays right midfield rather than being in the middle of the park, I thought he really stepped up his game last season but thats mainly down to Joe Ledley and Kayal being a calming influence.

I was happy when we signed him although I felt he was over priced, I didn't think he was worth £25k per week and I definitely don't think he should get a raise, I do think he finally looks like he belongs in the team though, I feel he performed better last year than the year he won Player of the Year.

Out of our four main midfielders on ability alone I'd rate him fourth but he does offer the team something maybe Ki Kayal or Ledley can't at specific times

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:11 pm

Out of curiosity, what do you think he offers the team that Ki, Ledley and Kayal don't?

I can't disagree with you that he has improved immensely since he joined Celtic but I just don't see what he adds to a team that has such brilliant midfield players like the names you have mentioned added with young James Forrest and Kris Commons. I know they are wingers but I'd much rather have the previously named out wide and then Kayal + Ki at centre midfield.

Do you think he should just walk straight back into the side after the performances yesterday?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Sun 11 Sep 2011, 8:01 pm

I think it depends on how we line up as to whether he has a role to play in the game.

My starters would either be:

Ledley Ki Kayal Forrest/Commons

or

Commons Ki Kayal Brown

I would prefer not to play Commons and Forrest in the same team, never a fan of 2 Wingers when we have 2 fullbacks that like to get forward. Maybe late on in a game.

Ki and Kayal have been great so far. Ledley has been going about his job without much fuss so far this season.

The stats don't lie; we lost more games last season when he was out of the team than we did when he was in it. Brown has undoubtedly improved, but he suits the scrappy games.

Celtic Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 11 Sep 2011, 10:28 pm

What do I think Brown offers? I think he offers inspiration believe it or not, going by what his team mates say anyway, I also think he gives us high energy, non stop work rate and gives the team a competitve edge, I'd always play him at Pittodrie, Tyncastle, Inverness Motherwell and Ibrox, he also gives us a strronger midfield when he plays right mid and fills in to make it a middle 3 and allows the other wide man to push on

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 11 Sep 2011, 11:06 pm

I wouldn't have Brown in the team. His passing is poor he covers a lot of ground but not much else. The worst Celtic captain of my time watching the club.

I would play with Commons and Forrest on either wing with Ki and Kayal in the middle and would take a winger out and replace them with Ledley when we need to be a bit tighter.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 13 Sep 2011, 5:35 pm

Ledley woule be in my team every single week, he is the brains of the outfit, top top player, we're a far better and stronger team with Joe Ledley in it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 30 Jan 2012, 10:38 pm

Lokomotiv eye Stokes bid

Celtic star on radar of Russian club

Sky Sports understands Lokomotiv Moscow are lining up a £3million bid for Celtic's Anthony Stokes.

The 23-year-old has netted 17 times this season for the Hoops to attract the attention of the Russian club.

The Republic of Ireland international joined Celtic from Hibernian in 2010 and also had spells at Sunderland and Arsenal during his career.

Lokomotiv are currently sixth in the Russian Premier League.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7466876/
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2