The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ortiz talks down Mayweather

5 posters

Go down

Ortiz talks down Mayweather Empty Ortiz talks down Mayweather

Post by Pedro147 Thu 01 Sep 2011, 7:16 pm

Ortiz seems to say he never thought Mayweather up to much. Do you think this is his way of trying to convince people he thinks he can win or do you think he actually believe what he says.

Floyd who? On 17 September, one man's career ends and another man's career begins - he's done."

He [Mayweather] can't adjust to me," said Ortiz. "He's not supposed to be here, he's definitely not supposed to be a 147-pounder and I'm going to see to it he knows that.

"Floyd is a good fighter, but I've always thought he wasn't great. I'm not impressed and I'm not going to hold any respect for him like those other 41 he's fought."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/boxing/14754364.stm

Tough words to follow up and I feel this will only make Mayweather go on the front foot from the beginning more so now as I feel Floyd is really going to try make a statement in this fight.

Thoughts guys...

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Ortiz talks down Mayweather Empty Re: Ortiz talks down Mayweather

Post by Muffleface Thu 01 Sep 2011, 7:33 pm

Sounds good but I think Ortiz just won't be good enough. According to Ortiz all the boxing experts are wrong and Mayweather is just a "good fighter" hmm. I would like to see how Floyd deals with a defeat but I don't think Ortiz is the man to do it, although you never know.

Muffleface

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 01 Sep 2011, 7:34 pm

I think he is really unsettled by Floyd, you saw the beginnings of it on the HBO face off programme - and that's what is making him come out with such statements.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 01 Sep 2011, 8:08 pm

In a couple of years I think Ortiz may be a top 5 P4P fighter but at the moment there is no way he can handle Mayweather. I dont think anyone can though to be honest

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 01 Sep 2011, 8:41 pm

We will see how great he thinks Floyd is when he can't hit him.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down