The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Berto v Zavec write up

5 posters

Go down

Berto v Zavec write up Empty Berto v Zavec write up

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 04 Sep 2011, 3:10 pm

site closed

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Tue 27 Nov 2012, 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Berto v Zavec write up Empty Re: Berto v Zavec write up

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 04 Sep 2011, 3:29 pm

Berto looked decidedly average. All he's done is pick up a paper title. Sure the win was legit but he can't rely on winning that way against every opponent.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 04 Sep 2011, 3:55 pm

i think with Berto you get a few things, a good digger who throws with hurt and is genuinely entertaining. A guy flawed in technical boxing abiity, too eas to hit and be countered and flat footed, but game as hell in there and with a decent enough chin. Felt bad for Zavec, he is a good fighter and would have run this very close. HBO had Berto up by miles i had it a one round fight with Zavec coming on. But Berto, for all his critics is entertaining so i like that. Berto v ORtiz 2 after Mahweather, i would pay to see that.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 04 Sep 2011, 4:06 pm

He comes to fight, I'll give him that but 'decent' is the highest accolade I can offer. He looked to be gassing a bit at times, and was tagged far too much.

Last edited by BALTIMORA on Sun 04 Sep 2011, 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Sun 04 Sep 2011, 4:17 pm

I thought the commentary was inconsistent to say the least. I think it was the fourth when Kellerman said Zaveck was controlling the round with 30 seconds to go. Berto did nothing of note in the final half minute yet Kelleran scored it 10-9 Berto.

But as exciting Berto is to watch, he's nothing special. Good handspeed, good combinations, but far too easy to hit.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Sun 04 Sep 2011, 4:29 pm

Berto will win this fight though. I wouldn't be interested in seeing him Ortiz tbh as he would have no chance.

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Sun 04 Sep 2011, 4:46 pm

Jimmy Moz wrote:Berto will win this fight though. I wouldn't be interested in seeing him Ortiz tbh as he would have no chance.

He did win it, it was last night. Why would he have no chance with Ortiz? The last fight was close, and he had Ortiz down twice.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 05 Sep 2011, 8:50 am

A decent fight until it ended. Berto is a hard days work for most in the division as he is fast with some power and does possess a good chin, however he is flawed with lessor opponents hitting him with relative ease which makes you think what some would do to him?

He also appears to be off balance quite often after throwing his shots.

I like Berto as he comes to fight and is entertaining but can't see him troubling Pac or Mayweather (but then again who does?).

HBO were terribly biased towards Berto and obviously want him to be another American star.

I'm sure after the first round a score board came up on the screen and Lederman gave Zaveck the first round and after 3/4 rounds the scoreboard came up and every round was for Berto?

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down