The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undercard write ups

4 posters

Go down

Undercard write ups Empty Undercard write ups

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 18 Sep 2011, 6:04 pm

site closed

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Tue 27 Nov 2012, 10:48 pm; edited 2 times in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Undercard write ups Empty Re: Undercard write ups

Post by Adam D Sun 18 Sep 2011, 6:38 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:Ok, here is a synopsis of the undercard fights guys, not as much details ut i do have a life to lead after all. Enjoy fellas and get visiting me at

www.maineventboxing.wordpress.com

In the opening televised bout Jessie Vargas (17-0-0 KO9) was able to overcome Josesito Lopez (29-4- KO17)in ten thrilling rounds of action. Despite looking the stronger man at times and having hurt Vargas early Lopez was not able to overcome the younger mans output. Vargas digging deep in the final three rounds continued to stick and move just enough to ensure a unanimous decision in a fight that swung in both mens favour throughout the bout.

It was a split decision and a dodgy one at that.

One of the judges had Vargas by 3 rounds and that is after he had a point deducted. Shocking judging - most people on the chat box last night had Lopez in front by at least one round.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 18 Sep 2011, 7:19 pm

sorry, i did watch the fight i meant split, it wasnt that contentious, Vargas outworked him down the straight. Lopez looked strong he just didnt fire enough late on in last couple rounds, just got out worked. Was close but i have no arguments

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 18 Sep 2011, 7:34 pm

Was definately a close one, had it a draw myself, disappointed Lopez didn't capatalise in the eighth round when Vargas had a point deducted early, he let Vargas outwork him in that round.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 18 Sep 2011, 7:37 pm

i had that one 9-9 i think Galveston, Lopez just took his foot off the gas in that one

great night of fights tho

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 18 Sep 2011, 7:37 pm

I had it a draw as well. The judge that had it by 3 to Vargas should be shot. I can't imagine Floyd was being serious about Vargas fighting Khan because he would get sparked out early. I can only imagine Floyd was trying to get Vargas some publicity and if he was being serious he was trying to get the guy a pay day.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down