The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Cricket Fantasy League...Who Would Be Interested?

+2
Liam_Main
GG
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

International Cricket Fantasy League...Who Would Be Interested? Empty International Cricket Fantasy League...Who Would Be Interested?

Post by GG Wed 07 Sep 2011, 11:47 am

As the IPL fantasy league has proved quite popular I thought I'd see if anyone would be interested in a International Cricket version. I was going to wait until after the IPL one had finished but as there is only 1 game a week in that one I thought I may aswell start now. If you are interested in joining please post the country you would like to have below, nations to be awarded on a first come first serve basis.

TeamTest Ranking*ODI Ranking*Coach
Australia51Mad for Chelsea
Bangladesh99
England15Liam_Main
India34cricketfan90
New Zealand87shankythebiggestengfan
Pakistan66
South Africa23hodge
Sri Lanka42Gregers
West Indies78GG
Zimbabwe1010

*rankings correct as of 8/9

Last edited by GG on Thu 08 Sep 2011, 6:07 pm; edited 5 times in total

GG

Back to top Go down

International Cricket Fantasy League...Who Would Be Interested? Empty Re: International Cricket Fantasy League...Who Would Be Interested?

Post by Liam_Main Wed 07 Sep 2011, 11:48 am

I would like to take England please.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

International Cricket Fantasy League...Who Would Be Interested? Empty Re: International Cricket Fantasy League...Who Would Be Interested?

Post by GG Wed 07 Sep 2011, 11:49 am

cool, do you think Zimbabwe and Bangladesh should be included?

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Wed 07 Sep 2011, 11:49 am

I would run this by Fists just to make sure he's alright with it GG.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Wed 07 Sep 2011, 11:50 am

I would wait and see if anyone wants them, if not don't include them.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Wed 07 Sep 2011, 11:50 am

ok, i'll pm him now.

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Sep 2011, 11:56 am

i would like to do it, but i couldnt take england, i would take india or australia.

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Wed 07 Sep 2011, 12:01 pm

which one CF?

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Wed 07 Sep 2011, 12:14 pm

Who you picking GG?
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Wed 07 Sep 2011, 12:19 pm

After discussions with Fists the International Cricket Fantasy League will start after the ongoing IPL one has finsihed. However, I will leave this thread up so that people can choose teams well in advance to make sure this league can start after the IPL league without too much of a gap inbetween. If you want to be a part of this league please comment with which team you would like. cheers.

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 07 Sep 2011, 12:32 pm

Sure I'd be interested. Given that Liam already has England I'd like Australia

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Wed 07 Sep 2011, 12:46 pm

Ok MFC, that means that you are India CF. you ok with that?

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Wed 07 Sep 2011, 12:49 pm

Will the fantasy league be based on Tests or One-Dayers?
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Wed 07 Sep 2011, 12:52 pm

I'm still not 100% sure, I would've liked to every series to include 3 tests (except eng vs aus) 3 ODI's and a T20. I fear this may take too long though. what do you reckon?

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Wed 07 Sep 2011, 1:02 pm

Hmm not sure, I do think though that you should have one table for all the formats.

You could do one week 3 Tests, the next 3 one-dayers and then the week after the one T20.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Sep 2011, 1:18 pm

GG can i be australia then?

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Wed 07 Sep 2011, 1:20 pm

i've put you down as India as you didn't specify which one you wanted earlier and mfc has now chosen the australians. you can swap to another team if you want though

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Sep 2011, 1:21 pm

na thats fine mate i will be india Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Wed 07 Sep 2011, 1:27 pm

I have chosen the West Indies Smile

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Sep 2011, 1:58 pm

i think this is a very good idea Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Wed 07 Sep 2011, 2:12 pm

Surprised no ones went with South Africa yet
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Wed 07 Sep 2011, 4:22 pm

depending on how its run, not being in the IPL i would be interested in South Africa Whistle

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 07 Sep 2011, 4:23 pm

Depending on work load post IPL then I'd be interested

If I do join then Sri Lanka, Pakistan or New Zealand please

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed 07 Sep 2011, 5:07 pm

Mate sorry to play spoilsport but rather than having a league of international teams this would be a better idea

I think we should have an auction for that one as well.10 teams named after the posters who take up the team.20 players per squad.Over 250 players in the auction.A team must purchase 20 players in a two week long auction.Players can be chosen from all over the word but based on their f/c credentials rather than T20.
Since this is a brand new tournament no team would have any players in their squad.So no exchanges.No exchanges even after the auction.If you want to buy a player go hard for him at the auction.Each team would be given 20 million.Auction run for two weeks in same way as this one.
Results formed in the same way.

How about this idea guys?

Only after this gets over though.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Wed 07 Sep 2011, 5:42 pm

shankythebiggestengfan wrote:Mate sorry to play spoilsport but rather than having a league of international teams this would be a better idea

I think we should have an auction for that one as well.10 teams named after the posters who take up the team.20 players per squad.Over 250 players in the auction.A team must purchase 20 players in a two week long auction.Players can be chosen from all over the word but based on their f/c credentials rather than T20.
Since this is a brand new tournament no team would have any players in their squad.So no exchanges.No exchanges even after the auction.If you want to buy a player go hard for him at the auction.Each team would be given 20 million.Auction run for two weeks in same way as this one.
Results formed in the same way.

How about this idea guys?

Only after this gets over though.

thing with that though is if someone gets REALLY unlucky in auctions they could have a bad squad for the tournament, maybe have a transfer period after auction say after gameweek X for 1 or 2 gameweeks at which point it shuts again

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed 07 Sep 2011, 5:57 pm

I personally think international league would be predictable and boring.

I think a league with all the top players spread over different teams through auction would be a better idea mate.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed 07 Sep 2011, 5:58 pm

I personally think international league would be predictable and boring.

I think a league with all the top players spread over different teams through auction would be a better idea mate.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Wed 07 Sep 2011, 6:02 pm

I wouldn't be against a league with drafting but doing one for 2 weeks requires a huge amount of commitment and if you can't make a couple of days you could be in serious trouble

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed 07 Sep 2011, 6:05 pm

So we will have 10 teams
CF,Liam,GG,Gregers,Fists,Hodge,myself and others would take up one team each.
We will all buy players for our respective teams at the auction.It will be a 2 week long auction.So no need to worry about having a bad team coz there will be lots and lots of quality players to bid for.

If GG needs any help I am there to help mate.I am sure Liam will also help if needed.

This would be much more interesting than international teams playing each other.
England vs Bangladesh?Come on,give me a break.Even a 3 year old would be able to predict the outcome of that match.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed 07 Sep 2011, 6:08 pm

hodge wrote:I wouldn't be against a league with drafting but doing one for 2 weeks requires a huge amount of commitment and if you can't make a couple of days you could be in serious trouble
I am not running the league.Its GG who is interested in running the league and I am just suggesting a better way of having the league rather than international teams playing each other coz there is a wide gulf between some teams.

However GG need not run this on his own.If he needs help in case he is busy then I am ready to help and I expect the same from all of you.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed 07 Sep 2011, 6:14 pm

I think the tournament should be held in a similar way to that of the IPL.The difference is this is Test Cricket and it is a global league and not an Indian one so there is no rule as to the no. of Indians required in a

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Sep 2011, 6:16 pm

remeber though, that its international and we are internatonal teams, so not sure a huge auction is the right way to go,

how about this...we select a pool of 30-40 players for our nation from the players we have from that country and then select teams from that...

although it may need some adjusting, its just an idea....

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed 07 Sep 2011, 6:20 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:remeber though, that its international and we are internatonal teams, so not sure a huge auction is the right way to go,

how about this...we select a pool of 30-40 players for our nation from the players we have from that country and then select teams from that...

although it may need some adjusting, its just an idea....
CF mate I am saying it should not be an international tournament.A team should be named after the poster who takes charge of that team.
For example:If you take charge of a team,your team could be called CF's Strikers or CF's Champs or CF's Fighters and so on.

I am not at all talking about an international tournament.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Wed 07 Sep 2011, 6:22 pm

shanky that would be way too much work, tbh i don't think it would be feasible. I also agree that while tests between England and Bangladesh would be one sided (although England may rest players to avoid injuries) i think an ODI series could be close especially in Bangladesh.

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed 07 Sep 2011, 6:26 pm

I am ready to help you.We both can conduct it together.
Plz mate.I beg of you.I think an international league would be very predictable.I dont see why its not feasible.If the IPL is feasible then this would be even more feasible.Coz there will be only an auction and you wont have to keep track of exchanges,etc.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Wed 07 Sep 2011, 6:26 pm

Thinking about it though realistically there will only be 3 or 4 teams with a chance of winning this, and would be better to have a tournament where all teams have a chance of winning

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed 07 Sep 2011, 6:27 pm

hodge wrote:Thinking about it though realistically there will only be 3 or 4 teams with a chance of winning this, and would be better to have a tournament where all teams have a chance of winning
Exactly mate.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Wed 07 Sep 2011, 6:35 pm

I don't mind either and willing to help in either. An International league would be alright though because a team like England might do well in Tests but not in one-dayers so therefore it's a lot fairer.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed 07 Sep 2011, 6:37 pm

Liam_Main wrote:I don't mind either and willing to help in either. An International league would be alright though because a team like England might do well in Tests but not in one-dayers so therefore it's a lot fairer.

Dont you think a mixed one would be more exciting?With the auction.Auction is really interesting.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Wed 07 Sep 2011, 6:40 pm

Sounds somewhat more confusing then GG's idea Shanky.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed 07 Sep 2011, 6:43 pm

How is it confusing?Its similar to the IPL League with the only difference bing the format(this is Test Cricket) and that this is a global league so you dont have to pick a certain no. of indians in your team which is what you have to do in the IPL.If anything,this is simpler than the IPL.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Wed 07 Sep 2011, 6:44 pm

but there would probably be at least 300 players in the auction which would make it very difficult

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 07 Sep 2011, 6:45 pm

I dunno, we have the auction in the IPL already, and while it was fun it also got difficult for those who couldn't be around all day (or at least just before 9pm in the evening). I wouldn't mind just having an international league, the different formats would make it interesting IMO.

Basically I would like it to be different to the fantasy IPL, so maybe throw in injuries, player fatigue over a season, and other sort of random disruptions. Also to make it a bit fairer some sort of handicap system?

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Wed 07 Sep 2011, 6:48 pm

that was what i was planning to do mfc OK

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed 07 Sep 2011, 6:48 pm

GG wrote:but there would probably be at least 300 players in the auction which would make it very difficult

As I said we will both do it together and Liam has also said he is ready to help when needed.

Plz mate,we need an exciting league.

If I am busy then I will inform you and you can conduct it on that day.If both of us are busy then Liam can do that.We need to be co operative.

We really need an exciting league.Internationals,as I say would be a tad predictable.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Wed 07 Sep 2011, 6:50 pm

Why don't we make a poll on this then?

Makes things a hell of a lot easier.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed 07 Sep 2011, 6:51 pm

GG wrote:but there would probably be at least 300 players in the auction which would make it very difficult

As I said we will both do it together and Liam has also said he is ready to help when needed.

Plz mate,we need an exciting league.

If I am busy then I will inform you and you can conduct it on that day.If both of us are busy then Liam can do that.We need to be co operative.

We really need an exciting league.Internationals,as I say would be a tad predictable.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 07 Sep 2011, 6:52 pm

I just think we should look for this to be a bit different to the IPL fantasy game. Don't get me wrong, the fantasy IPL is great, but let's not let the novelty wear off too quickly. Making this just an international cricket league seems fine to me, as long as they are a couple of extras to replace the auction/transfer part.

As for the amount of matches played, I think one test or two ODIs per week would be fine, no need to rush it. We could even do day by day scores for the tests (sort of everyone (or all those who can) votes on the end of day score, and then we average it out, or is this too complicated?)

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Wed 07 Sep 2011, 6:53 pm

Shanky you might think it will be predictable but others might not.

Run a poll on this?
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Wed 07 Sep 2011, 6:54 pm

Think just doing the winner of the test would be easier MFC
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next