The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Cricket Fantasy League...Who Would Be Interested?

+2
Liam_Main
GG
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

International Cricket Fantasy League...Who Would Be Interested? - Page 2 Empty International Cricket Fantasy League...Who Would Be Interested?

Post by GG Wed 07 Sep 2011, 11:47 am

First topic message reminder :

As the IPL fantasy league has proved quite popular I thought I'd see if anyone would be interested in a International Cricket version. I was going to wait until after the IPL one had finished but as there is only 1 game a week in that one I thought I may aswell start now. If you are interested in joining please post the country you would like to have below, nations to be awarded on a first come first serve basis.

TeamTest Ranking*ODI Ranking*Coach
Australia51Mad for Chelsea
Bangladesh99
England15Liam_Main
India34cricketfan90
New Zealand87shankythebiggestengfan
Pakistan66
South Africa23hodge
Sri Lanka42Gregers
West Indies78GG
Zimbabwe1010

*rankings correct as of 8/9

Last edited by GG on Thu 08 Sep 2011, 6:07 pm; edited 5 times in total

GG

Back to top Go down

International Cricket Fantasy League...Who Would Be Interested? - Page 2 Empty Re: International Cricket Fantasy League...Who Would Be Interested?

Post by ShankyCricket Wed 07 Sep 2011, 6:55 pm

PLz guys plz guys plz plz plz pz

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

International Cricket Fantasy League...Who Would Be Interested? - Page 2 Empty Re: International Cricket Fantasy League...Who Would Be Interested?

Post by Guest Wed 07 Sep 2011, 6:56 pm

shanky can we get through the ipl one first!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 07 Sep 2011, 6:57 pm

Liam_Main wrote:Think just doing the winner of the test would be easier MFC

easier certainly, but you would miss out on the ebbs and flows that make the beauty of test cricket Very Happy

TBH just throwing out ideas that I think could make this international league more fun for everyone

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 07 Sep 2011, 6:58 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:shanky can we get through the ipl one first!

yeah I agree, I think that come the end of the IPL people might fancy something a bit different...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed 07 Sep 2011, 6:58 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:shanky can we get through the ipl one first!

I am saying that we should this one only after the IPL one gets over.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Wed 07 Sep 2011, 6:59 pm

We could predict the score to the nearest 100th a day MFC?
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed 07 Sep 2011, 7:04 pm

I cant understand what problem you guys have with my idea.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 07 Sep 2011, 7:04 pm

Liam_Main wrote:We could predict the score to the nearest 100th a day MFC?

my idea is basically something like this
Sri Lanka vs India
pitch - very flat to start with, turns on days 4 and 5, some uneven bounce on day 5.
toss - Sri Lanka elect to bat first.

Day 1 predictions:
MFC: SL 294/4
Liam: SL 315/5
Gregers: SL 287/4
let's say we were the only three to get our score predictions in...

average score = 298.67/4.33 which we round off to 299/4

Based on that people then make their day 2 predictions

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 07 Sep 2011, 7:06 pm

shankythebiggestengfan wrote:I cant understand what problem you guys have with my idea.

not a problem as such, but your idea seems like a "glorified" IPL, and I think after this IPL's finished I may want something a little different....

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Wed 07 Sep 2011, 7:06 pm

The reason why i included limited overs internationals was to make it more even. IMO anyone of the 10 teams could beat any other in ODI cricket and especially in t20

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Wed 07 Sep 2011, 7:06 pm

I like that idea mfc!

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed 07 Sep 2011, 7:09 pm

MFC
We can implement that in the mixed league as well mate.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Wed 07 Sep 2011, 7:09 pm

the 300 players in an auction thing making it confusing, could you just not spilt it into, Opening batters, middle order batters, all rounders, WK's, Spin Bowlers and seam bowlers, either that or do auctions by country meaning there arn't many people per auction.

Tbh i don't mind which league is done just that i think an international league doesn't leave much to the imagination as most people would probably predict a game on how it would go in real life eg, India in england in tests ok maybe not 4-0 but after the performances this summer probably an england win probably same with Aussies etc

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed 07 Sep 2011, 7:10 pm

GG mate
Would you be willing to do it if I were to help you?

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed 07 Sep 2011, 7:10 pm

hodge wrote:the 300 players in an auction thing making it confusing, could you just not spilt it into, Opening batters, middle order batters, all rounders, WK's, Spin Bowlers and seam bowlers, either that or do auctions by country meaning there arn't many people per auction.

Tbh i don't mind which league is done just that i think an international league doesn't leave much to the imagination as most people would probably predict a game on how it would go in real life eg, India in england in tests ok maybe not 4-0 but after the performances this summer probably an england win probably same with Aussies etc

Thats what I was gonna do in any case.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 07 Sep 2011, 7:11 pm

GG wrote:I like that idea mfc!

thanks, just think it adds something a little different to the current format, you get more of the ebb-and-flow that IMO makes the test match format so special, as opposed to just voting on winners. Also, the advantage would be that not everyone would have to vote for every day (for instance if other people have lives Wink), you just average out over those who have voted by say 9pm in the evening or something.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Wed 07 Sep 2011, 7:13 pm

Could you all vote on my poll please.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 07 Sep 2011, 7:15 pm

Maybe wait until this one is over before deciding?

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed 07 Sep 2011, 7:15 pm

So if I were to come up with player suggestions for the auction
Openers

Strauss
Cook
Hales
Root
Sehwag
Gambhir
Vijay
Mukund
Smith
Alviro Petersen
Elgar
Hendriks
Watson
Hughes
Marsh
Warner
Maddinson
Tamim
Kayes
Siddique
Dilshan
Paranavitana
Thirimanne
Gayle
Barath
Simmons
McIntosh
Mccullum
Watling
Guptill
Hafeez
Taufeeq
Farhat

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed 07 Sep 2011, 7:17 pm

Mad for Chelsea wrote:
GG wrote:I like that idea mfc!

thanks, just think it adds something a little different to the current format, you get more of the ebb-and-flow that IMO makes the test match format so special, as opposed to just voting on winners. Also, the advantage would be that not everyone would have to vote for every day (for instance if other people have lives Wink), you just average out over those who have voted by say 9pm in the evening or something.
Well we can do a similar thing to my suggested league as well.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Wed 07 Sep 2011, 7:19 pm

vote on Liam's poll and decide it that way OK

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Wed 07 Sep 2011, 7:21 pm

Makes things simpler and we'll know which Fantasy League will be following the IPL one.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Thu 08 Sep 2011, 5:58 pm

I would have New Zealand. Very Happy

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Sep 2011, 6:14 pm

south africa dont play many tests at all..

good luck hodge :p

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Thu 08 Sep 2011, 6:16 pm

But when they play do well hence why there 2nd in the world.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Thu 08 Sep 2011, 6:27 pm

If there's enough interest I'll add more associates and create 2 tiers

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu 08 Sep 2011, 6:28 pm

can i recall Alfonso Thomas for ODI's laughing

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Sep 2011, 6:28 pm

lol haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Thu 08 Sep 2011, 6:30 pm

Goodbye Ravi, that's all i'm saying
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Thu 08 Sep 2011, 6:38 pm

Liam_Main wrote:Goodbye Ravi, that's all i'm saying

OK thumbsup

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu 08 Sep 2011, 6:40 pm

Liam_Main wrote:Goodbye Ravi, that's all i'm saying
laughing

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Sep 2011, 7:18 pm

lol i will have get my indian side able to play the swinging ball from jimmy anderson

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Thu 08 Sep 2011, 7:20 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:lol i will have get my indian side able to play the swinging ball from jimmy anderson
Also Tim Southee from NZ Whistle

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Sep 2011, 7:29 pm

na not worried about him

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Thu 08 Sep 2011, 7:32 pm

:P
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Thu 08 Sep 2011, 7:33 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:na not worried about him

He will blow Sehwag away for a duck everytime the match is played in NZ conditions.
In India,it could be a different story though.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu 08 Sep 2011, 7:35 pm

Southee is massively underrated

Shanks PM for you

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Sep 2011, 7:39 pm

im more worried about what steyn could do to my side's brittle batting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Thu 08 Sep 2011, 7:41 pm

I'm not worried at all, i'm England :P
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Sep 2011, 7:41 pm

suprised no one has taken pakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Thu 08 Sep 2011, 7:46 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:suprised no one has taken pakistan
Oops didnt realise that.In that case I would like to have Pakistan rather than NZ.

Last edited by shankythebiggestengfan on Thu 08 Sep 2011, 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Sep 2011, 7:48 pm

sri lanka could be dark horses

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Thu 08 Sep 2011, 7:50 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:sri lanka could be dark horses
I would fancy Zimbabwe to beat SL in Test Cricket atm tbh.At least they have 3 good bowlers in Price,Jarvis and Vitori.
SL have only one Test quality bowler in Herath.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Sep 2011, 9:37 pm

lol with india im gonna start to phase out the greats.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Thu 08 Sep 2011, 10:48 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:lol with india im gonna start to phase out the greats.
Shocked

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2