The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

USO - ATP FINAL ...live commentarty and vote while we have a bit of time...

+20
CaledonianCraig
Jeremy_Kyle
break_in_the_fifth
Beer
ryan86
Brady12
Jahu
droogle
wow
kemet
paulscholes
gallery play
bogbrush
barrystar
Josiah Maiestas
JuliusHMarx
yloponom68
hawkeye
FedsFan
Tenez
24 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Who is going to lift the cup?

USO - ATP FINAL ...live commentarty and vote while we have a bit of time... Vote_lcap58%USO - ATP FINAL ...live commentarty and vote while we have a bit of time... Vote_rcap 58% 
[ 15 ]
USO - ATP FINAL ...live commentarty and vote while we have a bit of time... Vote_lcap42%USO - ATP FINAL ...live commentarty and vote while we have a bit of time... Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 11 ]

Total Votes : 26

Poll closed

USO - ATP FINAL ...live commentarty and vote while we have a bit of time... Empty USO - ATP FINAL ...live commentarty and vote while we have a bit of time...

Post by Tenez Mon 12 Sep 2011, 7:01 pm

Starts at 9pm BST....I believe.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

USO - ATP FINAL ...live commentarty and vote while we have a bit of time... Empty Re: USO - ATP FINAL ...live commentarty and vote while we have a bit of time...

Post by FedsFan Mon 12 Sep 2011, 7:25 pm

I voted Nadal. I just feel he has hit top form since he played Muller. Djokovic on the other hand has been dropping sets since his 4th round match which may hint that he is not ready yet. I might be completely wrong here but I think Nadal has too much to prove and going in as the underdog will help him as the pressure is off.

Djoko is expected to win which is why I think he wont this time around. Plus, law of probabilities suggests he is due a loss to Nadal any time now.

I am sorry its not Federer in the final but from a tennis point of view, this will be a more competitive match up as both these guys are evenly matched.
Let's hope Djoko can pull off a few lucky swings at break point up Wink

FedsFan

Back to top Go down

USO - ATP FINAL ...live commentarty and vote while we have a bit of time... Empty Re: USO - ATP FINAL ...live commentarty and vote while we have a bit of time...

Post by Tenez Mon 12 Sep 2011, 7:52 pm

I voted for Nadal...by mistake...but can;t correct it. It should read 6 -3 Nadal at the time fo writing.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon 12 Sep 2011, 7:54 pm

FedsFan wrote:Djoko is expected to win which is why I think he wont this time around. Plus, law of probabilities suggests he is due a loss to Nadal any time now.

Yes but what happens if Nadal gets beaten a straight 6th time?

That would be really depressing for him.

Let's see!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by FedsFan Mon 12 Sep 2011, 8:02 pm

Tenez wrote:
FedsFan wrote:Djoko is expected to win which is why I think he wont this time around. Plus, law of probabilities suggests he is due a loss to Nadal any time now.

Yes but what happens if Nadal gets beaten a straight 6th time?

That would be really depressing for him.

Let's see!

It would affect him as then he would have well and truly been deposed in the eyes of most. I think a huge psychological blow would be a final loss at RG to Djoko. Nadal said when he wins RG it inspires confidence in him especially when he moves over to grass. I think the loss in 09 to Soderling and subsequent withdrawal from Wimbledon was a result of lack of confidence. Yes, lets see. I always wonder if things get too tough to bear whether Nadal would consider doing a Borg...

FedsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon 12 Sep 2011, 8:10 pm

FedsFan wrote: I always wonder if things get too tough to bear whether Nadal would consider doing a Borg...

No, those times are over. There is too much money to grab even as a number 2 3 or 5. Sponsors woudl not let him go that easily. As mentioned above, 95% of women support him and many kids too. That can be translated in multi million contracts even as a lower ranked player. Wasn;t it Agassi who was earning more that Pete in endorsement despite having less than half his slam count at the time?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Mon 12 Sep 2011, 8:38 pm

Tenez wrote:I voted for Nadal...by mistake...but can;t correct it. It should read 6 -3 Nadal at the time fo writing.

I hate to tell you this but that mistaken vote will give Nadal the edge. You have given Nadal the trophy...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep 2011, 8:50 pm

It appears that most people think Nadal will win.

I go for Djokovic to win relatively comfortably.

Back to top Go down

Post by yloponom68 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 9:00 pm

"Wasn;t it Agassi who was earning more that Pete in endorsement despite having less than half his slam count at the time? "

What is even more outrageous, taking the above comparison a little further...Kournikova made much more in endorsements than Sampras did, in their respective careers! 14 Majors vs No Singles titles! Uugh...

Also feel this is Nadal's tournament, hope I am right but if not Big Kudos to Djokovic - he has earned his No 1 World Ranking by leaps and bounds.

What will be interesting is 2012, his "follow up" year...but nevermind that for now - let's sit back and enjoy what I hope will be one cracker of a match, regardless the outcome. Safe to say, there won't be any "Serena-esqu" tirades - give thanks!

yloponom68

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 12 Sep 2011, 9:33 pm

Nadal clearly taking the advice someone here gave him - moonball higher. Djokovic has had enough of that and breaks back.
And how long is Nadal taking between points on his serve!?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep 2011, 9:49 pm

Yep, pretty disgraceful. The Nadull regularly taking 35-40 secs between points,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep 2011, 9:51 pm

This match looks like all their previous matches this year,

The Nadull has brought nothing new to the table.

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 12 Sep 2011, 9:51 pm

37 seconds oh dear...!
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep 2011, 9:53 pm

The Nadull seems to think he can just play defensive, grinding moonballing tennis and win this match. No chance; with the amount of running he's doing, he'll be gassed in 3 sets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon 12 Sep 2011, 9:53 pm

As predicted on the other thread Nadal's only solution is to moonball harder and it work at the beginning. He might tire though at this rate.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:00 pm

I am listening on 5Live and the commentators (Cash and Tarango) are full of praise for both players and are not calling it, but listening between the lines it seems from their descriptions of the rallies that Djoko is getting a grip of things in a similar fashion to the way he has done in their previous matches - obviously there's a long way to go, but Djoko saving 3 bps and then breaking immediately to go 3-2 before consolidating at 4-2 is the sort of stuff that Nadal's nightmares are made of. I am still going for Djoko.
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:01 pm

Pretty awful match at the moment. 50 mins for 6 games Shocked

The umpire should give out some time warnings.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:02 pm

Nadal makes UE FH when trying to pull a winner.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:04 pm

Nadal is already flagging and panicing.

The moonballing and time wasting is being taken to new levels here.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:05 pm

Nadal's BH breaking quicker than Shanky's!!!! Imagine if Nadal had a SHBH! Laugh

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:06 pm

Nadal playing an awful match. His balls are getting shorter and shorter. Only the wind has kept this respectable, otherwise Novak would've ended a lot of theses rallies a lot quicker.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:07 pm

Have to say though, I'm impressed with Nadal's top spin lobs. Would help if Djoko was at the net when he did them.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:09 pm

First set: Nadal 2-6 Djokovic, who'd have thunk it?

I must confess that as a Federer fan I want to see his nemesis receive a complete gubbing at the hands of Djoko this match for a variety of reasons.

Nadal has been a fantastic challenger to Fed's dominance (obviously more than that in the matches between them) and has been a huge boon to men's tennis, but I don't think he's a very interesting No. 1 now that Federer is past his very best and it's great to see someone with a slightly more varied game taking it to Nadal and moving the game along again.
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:09 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Have to say though, I'm impressed with Nadal's top spin lobs. Would help if Djoko was at the net when he did them.

They certainly are impressive. There is a name for it...can't remember... chin

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:10 pm

So first set to Djoko.

Nadals new gameplan (higher balls) has worked for 2 games
Djoko has actually multiple options now to dominate Nadal.

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:11 pm

Tenez wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Have to say though, I'm impressed with Nadal's top spin lobs. Would help if Djoko was at the net when he did them.

They certainly are impressive. There is a name for it...can't remember... chin
its the Javelin shot...
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:12 pm

Nadal's 1-D game being exposed..

I did say Novak would win comfortably.

Where are all those people who voted for Nadal Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:21 pm

Well - now Nadal has broken back. If he's going to win this match he needs to build on that big time.
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by paulscholes Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:24 pm

Rafa 2-0 up have we been heare b4

paulscholes

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:27 pm

Is Djoko looking shagged out - the commentators say he is short of breath and Nadal is gaining the advantage in longer rallies this set?
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:27 pm

They are both playing an illegal game. They coudl not play this game under the 20sec.

That to me is simply what makes those games so wrong. It's simply not tennis.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:29 pm

Like he does against Roger, Nadal is starting to blunt Djoko's sharpness with those long rallies and that gives a clear advantage to the physical player.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:30 pm

Nadal seems fitter, despite being bossed around most of the time. That means he somehow took another step physically this summer, where does it end?

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:32 pm

This is turning into a vital game no?
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:35 pm

Time warning for Nadal - commentators think it's unfair.
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:39 pm

That break back has got to hurt, it's got to hurt. Will we hear some complaints by Nadal at the changeover about his warning?
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:40 pm

What a point to take the game...

randy

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:40 pm

Novak literally broke Nadal in more ways than one. He broke Nadal in the game because he broke his will.

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:41 pm

I don't know about you but I am exhausted!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:42 pm

Bittersweet folks, i don't like this tennis but at least Nadal gets a bit of his own medicine

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:44 pm

wow, what a contrast with the previous game. Also not very uplifting for Nadal

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:44 pm

Tenez wrote:I don't know about you but I am exhausted!

I just tuned in, and I feel like I've been watching for five hours!

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:46 pm

Two walls playing each other. Looks like Nadal might be outpowered and outlasted. Could be the longest 6-2 6-2 6-2 match ever.

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:46 pm

Makes you wonder how on earth did Fed the old man outplay Djoko for almost 3 sets 2 days ago

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:48 pm

gallery play wrote:Bittersweet folks, i don't like this tennis but at least Nadal gets a bit of his own medicine

I'm thinking something similar. DF to give up an immediate break suggests that he's close to breaking point. Djoko seems to have his number at the moment.
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:48 pm

I never thought I would say this, but

Nadal is rattled.

Come on Rafa, calm down.

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:49 pm

gallery play wrote:Makes you wonder how on earth did Fed the old man outplay Djoko for almost 3 sets 2 days ago

Exactly.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:49 pm

I wonder what Rafa is saying to the umpire during the changeover

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:53 pm

A time violation each now!

But it does not bother Djoko.
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:53 pm

They could both be defaulted I suppose for time violation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next